main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Triangle Trade Federation Gab Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Great pics Chris! Looks like you really enjoyed your day in the sun! I hope it continues to shine that bright for you everyday! Again, Congrats! MTFBWY!!! :)

2. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Thanks guys!! It was a very fun day and I enjoyed it very much. I just think it's cool that I can say I'm a college graduate. I'm the first one in my family to graduate from college.

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Big Congratulations on your great accomplishment, Chris. I hope to meet you on my next swing through the Triangle.

4. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Congrats!!!! Looks like you had a very happy and special day! You deserved it! Great Work!

Chris

5. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I've started my first summer class. Its Intro to Film so hopefully it will be a low stress easy class. Then I have a history class halfway through the summer.

Chris and I are going to the Air Show this weekend. Should be fun :) .

6. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    still lookin for a new job. the job market is so stagnent lately. I'm just probably going to stay at HELL (my current job) I suppose...even though I hate my Thursday-Saturday hours.

7. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Star Wars CCG State Championship was this weekend at C&B Comics in Oxford. There were only 7 guys there this time (down from 30 a year ago), but my son Adam was home for the weekend so after Aninmazement we stayed up all night and built a pair of killer decks.

He soundly crushed his competition early, beating John Irving handily ( score winpoint 2 ,+28 differential) then beat Charles Kerekanic's Dark Deal Deck by 38.

He went undefeated 4 and 0 ( score 8 winpoints, +75 differential) and went up against Charles Kerekanich (6 winpoints +48 differential) .

They did a final confrontatation, but Adam's lack of sleep caught up with him and he bombed out in the two game finals. Adam knows he is still the master of the game.

Adam will get an uncut sheet of SWCCG cards.
    Charles will get a bye into Day 2 at SWCCG worlds at DragonCon. Adam could not go to Worlds anyway, since he'll be puttering around Spain and Italy on his sub around that timeframe.

8. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Every time I go to the main jedi council boards I keep thinking its St. Patricks Day.

Life is busy but good. Finding Nemo was awesome!!!!! I can't wait for DVD. I've been waiting for this movie since I saw the preview on Monsters Inc DVD and I think this is hte best animation I've seen since Lion King.

9. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Why dont the mods change the banner here?
    Too much work?

10. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Hockey is over this season... Its always sad to see it end.

If only it weren't the Devils...Then I could justify the Eastern Conference wining the cup but it had to be the devils. Ahh well I was biased towards the Ducks - they did well and Giguere deserved his trophy.

11. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    First, Funny Cide, then the Ducks. Can't someone I cheer for win?? I guess this just wasn't the week for the underdog, horse, or duck... oh well.

12. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    Since the canes dindent get to the playoffs I was going for the ducks but oh well :( .

13. dinoX

Feb 20, 2002
    my team sucked royally this year. :(

14. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    In what.....? Hocky?

15. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    To bad DinoX - your team is the Sharks right? 'Canes didn't fare to well but hopefully next season won't be so injury prone.

16. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    Is he a coach? (Not for the pro team but at raleigh parks a rec)If so I was on the predtors.

17. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    Is he a coach? (Not for the pro team but at raleigh parks and rec)If so I was on the predtors.Sorry for the dubbel post my computer is getting messed up agin.

18. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Guess who wanted to go to the Rhode Island Star Wars CCG state championship? Yah, you guessed it, my Navy son Adam. Guess when it is? This weekend. Guess who had to ship all 100 pounds of cards to him two day delivery?
    By Thursday? Guess who's short $250.00? :)

19. dinoX

Feb 20, 2002
  20. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Yah it is bad. I know that Exploris has been in a bit of a rough spot since it opened and it was only a matter of time to see something like this happened. I hope we don't lose the iMax theater its great. I should get down there more often.

21. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    This is horrible news! :(

Rod Brooks and the gang at Exploris have been wonderfully supportive of all the Star Wars events we've held there from Halloween to new years.

If there ever was a place that needs our help, they do.

22. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I hope Adam does well in his try for Rhode Island Champion. Since his cards are on their way to him he should be unbeatable!

23. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    There's gotta be something that we can do to help them! That's not right and that's not fair! I say call in the troops!

24. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Adam had a ton of fun at the RI Star Wars CCG State Championships. He's ranked 1859 but they had some of the top 2100 ranked players there like the Terwilliger brothers, Hayes Hunter, and Brian Hunter.

He rebuilt his darkside deck to be Senate, but his light side deck was tweeked to have retrieval but no damage infliction, so he got crushed. He went 2-4 for a 6 game tourney. All the great players from the country were there, so he still had fun pretending he was a scrub, but some of them recognized him :)

25. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Well I'm working on a Moravian Star for School. Yes, this is going to be SW Themed so it should be pretty cool. If it's decent looking I might bring it to IQM 2 to hang at the table!

-UD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.