main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Wallpaper Competition ( Second theme= The CT) Go to page 4 for rules

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NARRABIE, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Red is a good color. ;) I personally like darker wallpapers better on my desktop because it's easier on the eyes.

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Somehow I'm getting the feeling my wallpaper is the worst. Looks very bad in contrast to all others.

3. NARRABIE

NARRABIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2005
    Chilla I have to say yours is one of the best.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Your wallpaper is very nice Chilla mostly because you chose non-traditional characters which makes it stand out.

Besides even if whoever "wins" it's not like they'll get anything other than bragging rights :p

The nice thing w/ these kinds of competitions is that you get to see and study techniques used by others and try to learn to apply them to your own works to help you to improve overall.

Very nice last 2 entries - I also love that comic cover w/ Mara screaming her head off :p

5. Hack

Hack Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    Thanks, PadmeLeiaJaina. I like that comic cover too.:D

Chilla, It not bad. Don't get all[face_worried]. At this rate cutting it to 10 would be silly anyway because we don't even have 10 (unless I can't count...). So no worries.:D

6. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Yes there is only 8 so I am having 5 instead.

7. Hack

Jan 10, 2006
    Unless this forum is full of procrastinators and you get a flood of entries at the last minute.:D

8. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Sorry it's not much, but I had limited time.

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/JainaBG.gif]

9. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    I think this competition is fun just because we get to see some great stuff. Browsing the thread and seeing some nice wallpapers put together is just great. :D

10. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    I have made a decision. The 5 people who are going through to the finals are (No particular order):

Chilla= http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/4120/sithandjedicopy7gd.jpg PadmeLeiaJaina= http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Wallpapers/Jacen2%20800x600.jpg
    Jaina Byrd= http://web.nmsu.edu/~andreag/StarWars/PassingOn.jpg
    Jedi Commanda Faofa= http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/4976/flamenjo3ya.jpg
    Big Fatty= http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/JainaBG.gif

So the 4 that did not make the finals are:

Ice_Ghost11
    Angel_Gidget
    Darth_Numanus
    Hack

Better luck next time.

11. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    So... what happens now?

12. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Is it just me or does this competition seem to be poorly run?

13. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    I agree.

But before I go any further I'd like say: Congrats final contestants! [face_dancing]

Though this may come across like a sore loser I do not intend for it to be that way. I don't see why anyone needed to be cut from the Final Compeition. There really weren't enough contestants to cut us in half anyway.

But that's just my opinion. :)

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I was gonna say take a vote of all the wallpapers that were submitted. That way, no one would be cut and everyone has an equal chance.

But this is NARRABIE's contest to run, so I'll let her decide and have the final say.

15. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Huh. I must be ghetto now. ;)

16. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    What I'm not understanding is who competes in the next rounds. Do we continue on from here? Or does the competition stay open to new artists every time?

And if we were going tournament style, I'd say eight people should stay in... then we could have four games, which would narrow down to two, and then those winners, would go on to the championship round... or something.

And really, the only complaint I have is that the first post said something about voting, and no voting occurred. Not that I'm complaining, though...

17. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    We vote on this round. The five that were selected will be voted upon by members. I think via PMs to Narrabie. She'll need to varify that. :)

18. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    I did explain the rules on the first game. If there is less than 10 entries there will be 5 finalists. Then anyone can PM me the person they want to win. Sorry if this was unclear.

19. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Ok I am getting no votes here.

20. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Heej, Narrabie Can you give us all the wallpapers on a row, so I can see them all at a time... It's much easier to decide which one I'm going to vote for. If I wasn't to busy for school I'd be posting a wall paper to now... [face_peace]

21. Hack

Jan 10, 2006
    Not suprised... the one I liked (NOT MINE) didn't get picked to go on. Therefore I'm abstaining.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Let's take it easy, everyone.

NARRABIE, have you considered throwing in all the wallpapers for the vote? Judging from reactions, you may receieve a better turnout. :)

23. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Not to stir things up further HanSolo29 but I'm in agreement with Hack. The one I had picked to vote for (not mine or his) was not selected so therefore I'm not voting.

And angel_gidget, dear, you send the PM to Narrabie not me. ;)But no worries I'll see if I can't forward it somehow to Narrabie. :)

EDITED: I can't send it on to her... you'll need to PM her with your vote. Sorry, I tried to help. :oops:

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

Oh, I completely understand. I'm not forcing anyone to cast a vote, I'm just suggesting that perhaps more people would vote if all wallpapers were thrown back into the mix. :)

25. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Ok guys I understand the first game was not very good so I am making some changes to the next game. I have also made a personal vote for someone but I will not say who.

All wallpapers that are entered will go through to the final. People can PM me but they can also vote on the thread.
    And by the way you can vote for yourself.

So far the scores are as followed.

Jaina Byrd = 2 votes
    Jedi Commander Faofa= 1 vote
    Chilla= 1 vote
    Big Fatty= 0 votes
    PadmeLeiaJaina= 0 votes

Keep voting everyone. Oh and by the way you can now post your vote here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.