main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Wallpaper Competition ( Second theme= The CT) Go to page 4 for rules

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NARRABIE, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    So, the votes are open to all submitees? If that's the case I'm going for:

Darth_Numanus's Asajj Ventress

2. NARRABIE

NARRABIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2005
    Scroll down for rules.

3. Hack

Hack Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    ...and it's not unfair to change the rules in the middle to not include all of the entries since it didn't meet the ORIGINAL 10 that you stated in the rules?:confused:

My vote would have also gone to Darth_Numanus's. If the votes you posted are current then he would be tied for the lead, and who knows who else might vote if the even one "unpicked" entry has gotten as many votes as the lead "picked" entry.

Do whatever you want though...

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Seems like a lot of folks are confused. Perhaps we need to rewrite the rules before the next round so everyone is on the same page.

5. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    I agree totally with Hack. I also think that if she's going to chose who goes on to the final round that she should not be allowed to vote in it.

Before I say anything further I want it known that I am not intending to flame anyone nor am I trying to cause trouble, but I feel I must be honest as to my feelings towards this affair. I believe this whole thing has been poorly executed. The rules were not as clearly laid out as they should have been, cutting people from the running was unnecessary, and allowing a 13 year old to head it up was not, in my opinion, wise. A mature individual with the ability to make unbiased decisions based upon quality, subject, creativity, and style should make any necessary submitee cuts. I mean no offense to Narrabie, but I feel as though the final contestants were not chosen fairly.

My vote still stands: Darth Numanus's Asajj Ventress

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Although I agree with the whole competition not being top notch, and I do wish for more rules or just rules that weren't made seemingly at random, I don't think that we should be too hard on Narrabie. We all started off somewhere, right? She's gonna take this as a learning experience. Don't be too harsh guys.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just want to step in here and say that I allowed NARRABIE to start this up as another opportunity to have fun here in the forum. We don't necessarily have to always think of the competition or of winning. I saw this as more of an opportunity to showcase our art and see what each other can come up with. In a way, similar to what we have going on in the Fan Art Challenge. But we're working with wallpapers here instead. This also provides the regular users with a great source of wallpapers in which they could use on their desktops. It has a lot of possibilities, really. All I'm saying is give both NARRABIE and this thread a chance.

8. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Jedi_Commander_Faofa, I see what you're saying and you are right. We all had to start somewhere. I was wrong in my quick judgement about Narrabie, for that I apologize. However, I do agree, we need more solid rules to make this easier and less hectic.

Some of the things HanSolo29 said gave me some suggestions that might help Narrabie in making this more of a fun activity rather than a competition.

Firstly, I think you should cut out the final contest thing. It creates hard feelings among members and make those who put a lot of effort into their work feel bad about themselves. It always sucks to lose at something, even if you try to be a good loser, it still makes you feel bad. I believe it would be better to make this "The Offical Wallpaper Challenge and Archive" to fulfill the purposes that HanSolo29 outlined.

The first post would have the rules to the Challenge and would have an index to all the Wallpapers marked under the topic (EU, Classic Trilogy, etc.) so that newcomers don't have to sift through all the pages in order to see passed submissions. They can read the first page, know the rules and browse the old 'papers.

Maybe once a month we could nominate (like the last week of each month, instead of submitting more we choose one from the three previous weeks) a single wallpaper to make Wallpaper of the Month and have that listed in the first post as well. We'd change it each month, but leave a note behind the submission (in the Archive) to show that it held that status for that month.
    Example (chose randomly):
    Jaina Solo by BigFatty - Wallpaper of the Month February 2006

All entries that month would be included, as I said, and all members would be able to vote on them. A tie would be broken by Nabarrie and HanSolo29.

These are just suggestions. Before I was hindering the progression of this idea and that was wrong of me. Hopefully now I can help in fine-tuning it. :)

Once again Narrabie I apologize for my rudeness.[:D]

9. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I absolutely agree with Faofa. We had a conversation about this and I'm glad he has posted here.

I must admit that I didn't like that very much, cause usually I avoid to judge by the age of someone. But you apologyzied. :) Thanks that you did that. It's never easy for people in my age. (which is 15, since the 18th this month, so I'm not that far away from Narrabie's).

[:D] Narrabie. I'm sure you'll make everything right.

10. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Scroll down for rules.

11. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002

Uh what does that mean? Also since this is a wallpaper competition thread I think you should have some set sizes...

* 640x480 | 800x600
    * 1024x768 | 1152x864
    * 1280x960 | 1280x1024
    * 1400x1050 | 1600x1200
    * 2048x1536

And for dual display/widescreen...

* 1280x480 | 1280x800
    * 1440x900 | 1600x600
    * 1680x1050 | 1920x1200
    * 2048x768 | 2304x864
    * 2560x960 | 2560x1024
    * 3200x1200 | 4096x1536

12. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Scroll down for rules.

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Since this is a wallpaper competition, they would have to be certain wallpaper/desktop sizes, which odj_310388 has stated above. If it was any size like you said Narrabie, it would be like any other contest we have here. :)

14. Hack

Hack Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    If the entries aren't going to be cut then Narrabie can vote. It would just be unfair if she voted on a batch she picked anyway.

Standard dimensions should be adhered to for ease of using on our comps. I personally work in widescreen because that's what I have, but I do leave the edge less active so that a non-widescreen won't lose to much by cropping. Example: I have the Vetress one up now but I had to enlarge it then crop it to get it to fit properly.

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I like the idea Ice_Ghost11 presented above. But then again, I don't want to take all the glory away from NARRABIE. This is her thread afterall. I'll let her run this contest how she sees fit with the suggestions that were given.

And of course, if you need any help organizing this any further, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. :)

16. Ice_Ghost11

Mar 24, 2005
    Thank you HanSolo29, and I agree. I don't want to take Narrabie's place in this. I just would like to see refined so that there are more participants and so that everyone may enjoy themselves. :)

Narrabie, I don't think we should start over. We have the first week of submissions. Let's go ahead and move on to the next week, we don't want people burned out on what we've already done. Those who missed Week One can participate in Week Two now.

And, to better show what I was trying to say above (it was like 5am and I'd not been to bed yet... so my thoughts were like everywhere I think. lol)

Example (all made up as I go):

February Challenge:
    ~Week One - Expanded Universe ~
    *Submission 1
    *Submission 2
    *Submission 3
    *Submission 4, etc

~Week Two - Original Trilogy Luke Skywalker~
    *Submission 1
    *Submission 2
    *Submission 3 - Wallpaper of the Month February 2006
    *Submission 4, etc

~Week Three - Knights of the Old Republic/Before the Saga~
    *Submission 1
    *Submission 2
    *Submission 3
    *Submission 4, etc

There's sort of a visual aide as to what I was saying. It's clean, organized, and there's all the info we need. That's just a thought. Narrabie can expand on it, fine-tune, throw it out completely lol, whatever she feels necessary. :)

17. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Ok I know that size is important but I have lots of different computers so to commit to 1 size would be impossible.I have made a complete mess of the first game so I am therefore not continueing it. The second game will start now and the theme is the Classic trilogy.Anyone who entered the first game can enter 2 posts as it was all my fault the game went badly.The rules are:

You will post a wallpaper of any size on to the thread.(You will have one week to do this)
    I will then show all the wallpapers on 1 post.
    You will then vote for a week for the person you think should win by sending me a PM or posting on the thread. I will then post the results and the winner will be announced.
    Thank you.

18. NARRABIE

Dec 7, 2005
    Oh and by the way good luck.

19. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002

Were not saying to commit to one size were saying it should stick to a set of sizes, like the ones I posted. All of the ones I showed are wallpaper sizes so it would be ok for someone to pick one with thier size rather than having someone make a 'wallpaper' of the size 300x627 or something silly like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.