main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Walter Jon Williams Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walterjon

Walterjon Author of Destiny's Way star 1 VIP

Mar 8, 2002
    Well, I had immense fun with Thrackan. I looked at his record and realized he was an incompetent and a miserable failure, but hadn't actually realized it yet. He's sort of like the Energizer Bunny--- you squash him or stick him in a box or hurl him into space, and he just keeps coming back, because he thinks his misfortunes are all bad luck and he's bound to triumph in the end.

I could have more fun with Thrackan, but perhaps I should stop before it turns into an exercise in sadism. What do you all think?

2. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    The more Thrackan, the better, I say. :)

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Congratulations on getting "Investments" into YBSF 22!

Any idea what's next after THE CONVENTIONS OF WAR/THE ORTHODOX WAR?

4. JEDI_DREW_21

JEDI_DREW_21 Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005

[face_plain] Did u ever hear Anakin Solo?[hl=red][hl=blue][/hl][/hl]

5. wilco

wilco Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2000
    I just got THE CONVENTIONS OF WAR this week and I'm looking forward to starting it. Is this the last Praxis book or will there be more?

6. Praxelwax

Praxelwax Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2005
    Has anyone here read THE RIFT???

It is probably the most relevant fiction book to current affairs at the moment, highly recommend it! :)

7. wilco

wilco Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2000
    Just wanted to say that I loved the Praxis trilogy. Great reading. Conventions of War was a very satisfying end yet left the door open for more possibilities.

8. solokid2

solokid2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2005
    Mr. Williams or anyone
    what was the name of the Super Star Destroyer that had the shuttle that took Han and Leia to Bastion in Destiny's Way on page 136 to 137.

9. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Dear Mr. Williams,

There has been a lot of discussion and some heated debates concerning Vergere's view of the Force. In Destiny's Way, Vergere and Luke have interesting and in my opinion amusing discussions concerning the Force, Jedi and Yuuzhan Vong. Now, I'd just like to know what's your opinion on Vergere's views, if you agree with them to any extent? Does she make any valid points in your opinion when she claims that there is no dark side and that the Force doesn't take any sides?

10. mtheno

mtheno Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2006
    Dear Mr Williams
    I know the is off topic, but I've been a huge fan for years ever since I bought Hardwired in the original paperback release WAAAY back when.
    I've consistantly re-read the 'Metropolitan" books, and am dieing for the story to be completed.
    Any hope there for a new book?
    of course I'll read anything you publish in any case :)
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.