The "OFFICIAL" welcome to the forum thread!

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Seeing as though "Trailer D" is going to be released on the Fox television network this Sunday, I anticipate that a slew of new members will be joining our ranks, eagerly awaiting the release of AOTC.

I started this new member registry for one reason. I have always told people that I felt that this forum was the most tight knit community on the JC boards. Keeping with the theme of community, I feel as though it will be easier to keep ourselves a community by allowing any new members who wish to take advantage of the oppertunity, to sign in, and introduce themselves to the rest of the group.

So any new members that plan on making the NS board their home, feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself to us. Just tell us a little about yourself, and I'm sure that you'll be greeted with several enthusiastic "hellos" from your fellow forum members, your new non-spoiler family.

Happy posting, and don't give in to temptation.... :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    one wind to blow them all!

Welcome to TheForce.Net?s Attack of the Clones & Episode III (No Spoilers Allowed) forum!
    Do you find yourself lost in the Prequels Forum like you do in the Rishi Maze? Looking for that thread for easy reference and think it may have been wiped from the Jedi Records? Want to know how to get help when Clones Attack?
    Look no further! The NEW STAR WARS: Episode II, Attack of the Clones Ultimate Reference Thread is here! This is a very long thread, but it is invaluable knowledge for new and old posters alike! I encourage everyone to read it in its entirety! And now, to get you through, Padme will be appearing at certain intervals, so make sure you read it all!

• For technical questions regarding the boards, check out the FAQ, here.

• Congratulations on making it this far! -- Here's Padme in her Blue Tatooine Outfit.

A Small Note From Jedi Master Yoda
      Dear Galacitc Citizen,

Probably one of the best things to know if you get lost in this dangerous place, is that we have Jedi who look after this forum, protecting you from the evil clutches of the Confederacy of Independent Systems;

cbjedi, and Oakessteve

Should you ever get lost, or find some bounty hunter trying to assassinate you, or have some nasty massif nipping at your heel, please contact them. They are your guardians of peace and justice in this corner of the Galaxy.

It is also strongly suggested not to take on Sith Lords on your own accord. If you have a problem, contact the Jedi Masters and wait for them to deal with the situation. They are much more skilled in lightsaber fighting techniques than you (special note to Padawans and Jedi Hopefuls).

Jedi Master, Yoda
      Jedi Council,
      Coruscant

*** NEW MEMBER QUESTIONS ***

QUESTION #1: As a new member, what should I do first?

Excellent question! The first thing you should do is: wait! That?s right, it?s a little anti-climactic, sure, but it?s well-worth it, trust me. I know you?ve got all sorts of great ideas that you want to share with the other members of this forum, but you need to give yourself some time to familiarize yourself with the forums, and how things work. Observe for a day or so, if you can. You?ll avoid a hard time if you do this, as you?ll be less likely to make a ?rookie mistake?. Try responding to other threads before you start one of your own.
      A note on Forum Etiquette
      1. Learn to type complete sentences and use punctuation properly. Typing a 400 word run-on sentence will not gain you any respect. Most intelligent folks wi
  2. Oakessteve Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Good idea, Mace Windy :D. Don't anyone give into temptation when we're so close...it's only a few months away, now! Anyway, I'm one of the moderators for this forum, so everybody behave themselves, as it'll make my job a lot easier...even though I don't get paid. Damn!
  3. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Keeping us spoiler-free should be "pay" enough for you steve! Quit your whining; I know one guy who would love to be in your position ;)

4. Darth-Mouth Jedi Master

star 4
    Make that two...especially considering the fact that there are spoilers that need a-fixin' even as we speak.
  5. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    *ahem*

Not only does it have a lot more replies, it's a classic. :)
  6. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Actually Mara, your thread says "Everyone who's here now, sign in so we'll have a record of the ORIGINAL non-spoiled crowd before this board starts getting flooded with newcomers next year."

In this thread, we are friendly to our "newcomers" and are happy that they are joining the forum. There is no "ORIGINAL" non-spoiled crowd. All members, old or new, are equal in my eyes.... :)

7. Darth-Mouth Jedi Master

star 4
    (Ponders both sides of the argument....)

Windy 1, Mara 0
  8. Oakessteve Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, for what it's worth, you have my endorsement, Mace Windy. And anyhow, new posters might be put off by the size of that thread...I know I was!
  9. Newbie87 Jedi Padawan

Hello.
    I just registered a few moments ago, but I've been avidly reading all of the threads on this board for nearly a year.

I would just like to state for the record that I liked TPM, I have no issues with JarJar (or is it Jar Jar? whatever), I am all about the the looove story, and I am unspoiled (except for this one fairly major plot point that I accidentally stumbled over - oh well).

Thanks for the warm welcome!
  10. hew Force Ghost

star 4
    Ahhh, a good ol' fashioned Windy/Mara spat. :)

I'll offer my endorsement to the thread whose owner offers me the biggest bribe.
  11. Patches Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey-

I just registered to post here. I know I'm a little behind with my timing, but I think it's great that there's a spoiler-free message board! I don't see what's the fun in knowing the entire plot before seeing the movie...maybe that's why so many people disliked TPM(I personally enjoyed it). Anyway, hope to see you all around!!!
  12. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Welcome 87 and Patches. Make yourselves at home :)

Oh yeah, one other thing, please forgive my friends who have tried to hijack this thread.... ;)

13. Tobie_Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone, glad to meet you all. I'm new to the boards but not new to SW. I'm about 30-40% spolied on AOTC so far but am exercising my will power in a vain attempt to stave off the inevitable. Maybe a joke will break the ice:

What did Mozart say when the opened his crypt?
  14. Tobie_Wan Jedi Master

star 4

Go away, I'm decomposing.
  15. Darth-Mouth Jedi Master

star 4
  16. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    Bah, official threads just seems way to official to me. The intentions are good but what really makes it official I ask?

Yes, I'll shut up now and say Welcome all Newbies. Your welcome as long you don't go an spoil us unspoiled people. I hope no newbie would do that and I'm sure most won't. There is always that one though.
  17. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just watch, NiktosRule,

//goes into prophesying mode

Mace Windy will be a mod before the thread is locked, or my name isn't EagleIFilms. Then it will be official.

(I can't wait to look back at this post and gloat)

((and if I'm wrong, then it'll be early in the thread and no one will read it anywho))
  18. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope your wrong about that because Windy may be nice on the outside but his sinister plot will soon be revealed! He is planning to spoil us all with the biggest spoiler in the movie!

None of us are safe while Mace Windy is around!

And if he becomes a Mod then we are all doomed to being spoiled!

I'm watching you Mace! You won't get away with it!
  19. Darth-Mouth Jedi Master

star 4
    But as long as Windy isn't a mod we'll have a cause of sorts, which makes it fun.
  20. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Okay, but remember, anyone who signs Windy's thread rather than mine isn't invited to my party. I'm serious. You show up here and I'll kick you out. And you ain't getting none of my world-famous falafels, either.

:p
  21. Lady Phoenix Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Mara, what if we've already signed in on your thread, and only come to Windy's to spam it? Somehow that seems fair, doesn't it?
  22. Jeremiah_Bullfrog Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm relatively new around here, but am committed to spoiler-freeness.

Plus, I don't care for falafel, so I don't mind missing out, Dark Lady Mara! ;)
  23. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I strongly suggest that any new member to our Non-Spoiler family should read the Non-Spoiler Rules thread to become familiar with what you can and cannot post here.

Happy posting! :D

24. hew Force Ghost

star 4
    What the hell is falafel?
  25. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Being the nerd that I am, I looked up falafel in the dictionary:

A spicy mixture of ground vegetables (as chick-peas or fava beans) formed into balls or patties and then fried.

What this has to do with AOTC, or the new Clone War trailer, I have no idea.... ?[face_plain]

windier than the signature feature!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.