main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "OFFICIAL" welcome to the forum thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lan-Ker

Lan-Ker Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2001
    Hi! ANH is the first movie I remember watching in a theater and I've been hooked on the series since. My two oldest kids (5 and 6 years old) are already hooked on George's masterpieces. I also envy my infant son who will have a much different perspective on this series than I have. Have been visiting this board for a few months, but have been posting only recently. I'll try to read through all these rules so I don't become too annoying [face_mischief]

2. Scumandvillany

Scumandvillany Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2001
    Hey, thanks for the invite! I've enjoyed the boards for a few years now, but only recently joined. I came up with the name, Scumandvillany because?dammit all the cool names were taken! I'm a lifelong SW fan from the very beginning. Has it really been 25 years? Anyway, I digress. During my many visits here, I've enjoyed from afar some very intelligent and passionate discussions.

But what strikes me most is the profound sense of community that transends the sterility of cyber space and radiates genuine warmth. It encourages me to see there are still many who can hold on the fantasy and the charm that grabbed us all a long time ago.

So, this is hello. I look forward to joining in more discussion as our beloved saga continues.

Live long and?D'oh! Wrong franchise?

3. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Hehe, Welcome everyone!!!

I just found a nice thread called Newbie Adoptions. They are very friendly oldbies who are eager to help newbies get aquainted and answer questions. If you are feeling a bit intimidated, they are very excited to help you out :D

4. Lessa

Lessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    Hi, I'm new. :D

Well, not really; I've been a lurker for a couple years now.

The story of How I Gave Up the Blissful Anonymity of Lurkdom:

I was cramming for a Horrible Math Final last night. In a pathetic attempt to escape from the horrors of polar coordinates and DeMoivre's Theorem, I turned to my ancient refuge, the JC. Yep, I was procrastinating. I read thread after thread after thread. And my head was still in danger of exploding under the pressure of all the trigonometric identities I had jammed in there. So, I decided I could waste some more time by registering and posting stuff. Sadly, a sense of academic responsibility swept over me before I could embark upon my newbie posting rampage. ;) So, here I am.

Oh, yeah, I enjoy Star Wars and am relatively unspoiled and all that, but, honestly, *must* we say that? :) Isn't it kind of a given, considering that we're in this forum?

5. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Welcome to the forum, Lessa . I'm one of the moderators around here, so if you have any problems or questions, you can message me and I'll try to sort them out for you. And please don't be put off by my icon and colours, either!

6. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Hi Lessa!

Hehe, I know if feels repetitive to say you're unspoiled, but we do get a lot of spoiled folks around here.

I hear ya about the procratinating. Speaking of, I have some physics homework calling my name ;) That might happen

LOL don't let Oakessteve fool you. He's a total doll! ;)

7. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Hi all! I'm thenink and I've been a Star Wars fan since I was 5 and saw ANH for the first time.

I've been lurking theforce.net for quite some time, but I haven't started posting since recently. Like alot of people here, I'm kinda PSYCHED 'BOUT AOTC!!! WOOO-HOO!!!!

Any-hoo, in closing, I'd just like to say:

I LOVED TPM and I still LOVE TPM and I am not ashamed to admit it!!!

Lucas ROCKS!!! STAR WARS ROCKS!!! VAN HALEN ROCKS!!! etc.

8. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Hi there thenink!

:D Glad you starting speaking up. That first post is always tough. Have you thought about joining the TPM or AOTC Defence forces? Yeah, it's a little early for AOTC, but some people are already predicting it's failure. And TPM still needs some determined defenders (plus you could be in my squadron!)

I like your icon, too :D

9. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Thanks Gay-len Kenobi!

I will take you up on your invite and defend TPM and AOTC with my LIFE!!

(Well, maybe not my life, but at least with my CREDIBILITY!!!)

By the way, is your real name "Gaylen"? My wife's name is "Gayleen", fancy that! :)

Anyway, I'm off to defend TPM!!!!

May the Force be wit' y'all!

10. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Sadly, no, it isn't my name. (I thought) I made it up for my fan fiction story [face_blush] Thats a really pretty name too :)

Yay! Another TPM defender! Just post in the DF thread and someone with the authority to will come along and assign you a rank and squadron number. :D

11. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I'd just like to quickly commend Gay-Len for being such a good new-member greeter.

Nice job Gay-Len, I'm glad to see that some of our board members are taking the time to give our new friends a proper welcome! :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

12. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    nice to meet you all

you can call me Doode
    some people call me dooder

13. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Awwwwwwwww, thanks Windy! [face_blush]

I'm in a good mood and feel like sharing the joy! :D

14. Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi

Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    I've been surfing theforce.net for a while now, but never posted until here recently, in the past week or so. Unfortunately, the temptation is too great when that highlighted text pops up in the Episode II section, so I'm somewhat spoiled. I know a couple of really major things that happen that I wish I were still ignorant of, but I still think theres a few suprises left for me in the flick. At least I hope so. Suffice it to say, I ain't lookin' at nothing from now on til I see the movie.

Anyways, I'm psyched up for this flick and I can't help it! And let me join the ranks of TPM Defenders! Just watched it tonight with friends and loved it again. Go TPM!

15. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Welcome Doode and Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi

You are definitely invited to join the TPMDF! Thats why the link is in my sig, for recruitment purposes ;) Lots of very friendly people there, and all very happy to talk about TPM :D

16. Ki-Adi Bundi

Ki-Adi Bundi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2000
    Are migrations allowed? I am spoiler rotten, but I don't want to get THAT spoiled when the novelizaton arrives (I still can't understand why reason on earth they sell the novelization before the movie).

Besides, when the movie first arrives in may, I'll have to find another corner of the JC to lurk, because the grotto where I live will only see the movie in the last week of July!

Meanwhile, I promise I'll behave and won't tell any little spoiler that I know :p

17. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Oh course spoiled folks are welcome. There actually are quite a few that come here. :D I'll never know why ther release the book so early either. Luckily, its still considered spoiler material, so we are immune to it here ;)

!!! You have to wait until July?!? I wouldn't make it.

Well, welcome to the NSA Forum!

18. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Hello again newbies.

I just wanted to invite you to join the Attack of the Clones Defense Force. Our homebase can be found in the RPG forums here.

The DF has been created for everyone who is excited about the new movie, regardless of their opinion of the other films. We are all very friendly and its a great way to make some fast friends. See ya there!

19. Endermunkee

Endermunkee Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Hallo all! :)

My name is Endermunkee, and I've been at TF.N for a long time. I never thought I'd visit any forum with the word "Spoiler" in it, but um, this one has "Non-" before "Spoilers", so I guess it's okay.

I'm so very excited for AOTC-- it's springtime, and I'm getting that springtime-y it's almost time for TPM wooHOO feeling again. Of course, this time it's AOTC I'm waiting for.

//giddy

20. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Welcome, Endermunkee! Its good to hear people getting excited about AOTC!

BTW, I loved the VSD of Legolas! Too funny!

21. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    You know, I'd better watch out or Gay-len is going to be next in the long line of forum members who have been made admins before I have! ;) :p

windier than the signature feature!

22. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Hehe, not likely. I must be far too annoying to ever get a promotion.

23. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Too annoying?

Ah-ha! That's it! I knew there had to be a reason that I haven't been chosen after all these years! :p

bearer of the annoying anti-signature!

24. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Blast! I gave away my secret! Oooo, you are sneaky, Mace!

25. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Hi. Long time Star Wars fan and site admirer.

Like Star Wars, Transformers, Anime and Spaceballs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.