main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "OFFICIAL" welcome to the forum thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Welcome Lahne_Pryok and Bucky!

Its very hard to resist temptation and remain unspoiled, isn't it? This board has really helped me stay clear of those evil spoilers.

We have a lot of groups to join and games to play (hehe, you've already found the Misc. boards, a personal fav). I'll be looking for you around the JC!

BTW: I LOVE Get Fuzzy! That dog and cat are just too funny!

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    It's great to see people actually being nice to each other.

Yeah, enjoy it while it lasts. That horrid day will come soon enough when we are thrown into the mush of AOTC bashers and gushers. It's inevitable. It happened with TPM, it's sure to happen again to some degree. *sigh*

3. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Yes, but for the most part, I am sure that the Episode III non-spoiler forum will be a pleasent place. If I have anything to do about it anyway....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

4. Nismo1223

Nismo1223 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2002
    Hey all, im Nismo, big fan of SW, but dont base my whole life on it heheh, but i luv it to deathh!...well windy linked me here to introduce mahself, so here i am, introduce :-D

5. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Welcome Nismo1223! I would like to thank you for stopping by the thread. If you ever have any questions (and this goes for anyone) about anything, don't hesitate to PM me. :)

6. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Welcome!

Now I am starting to see where the "I have been expecting you...." thing from earlier came from, Windy...... shameless self-thread promotion? ;)

7. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    I prefer to think of it as a "kind offer." :D

Besides, what better thread is there for me to link them to. Look at all this thread has to offer: It has all of our rules, it has an impressive index, it gives members a chance to feel like "part of the group, and I started it.

What more could you ask for!? :D

8. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    You're right. Thats why I keep coming around to up it :D

9. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    ...and I started it.

Eh heh heh heh.

10. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    ..... He did start it. :confused:

11. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I just found it amusing that it was one of his reasons for it being a good thread. :p

12. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    OOooooooo, I see. LOL, silly Mace :D

13. DarthJerm

DarthJerm Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    You know, I've never checked in here before.

Aloha. I'm a life-long fan, who first saw SW when I was 6 back in 77. My favorite SW film was ESB. I didn't love TPM, but I didn't hate it either, so I'm neither a gusher nor a basher. I enjoyed it, but it did have some weak points.
    I'm pretty much spoiler free, I've seen all the trailers, but I have stumbled a little here and there, but not enough to even have a clue. Just enough to make me wonder.

14. rayrayjay

rayrayjay Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey all I'm new too, as of last month. I'm the one that has been being very critical of ep 1. And the SEs for that matter. I love SW, I watch an episode a week on my 61 inch high def TV. Not that it matters because I don't have a progressive scan dvd player and the OTs are on Laserdisc, which still beats the hell out of VHS and keeps me from coming in here and crying about how Lucas won't release the OT on DVD.
    I may have been bragging just a bit but I spent the better part of a year saving so I could pleasure myself with SW as big as possible! I watch ep 1 all the time!...I was first inline for the DVD...BUT OT is better!

15. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Welcome, DarthJerm and rayrayjay!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and someone will be along to help you :D

16. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    "I may have been bragging just a bit but I spent the better part of a year saving so I could pleasure myself with SW as big as possible!"

[face_laugh]

17. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I could ask for a little less of you Mace. But then it just wouldn't be as fun I suppose.

Welcome DarthJem and rayrayjay. Wow that sure is a tonguetwister of a name.

18. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
  19. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Thanks for the "up" Gay-Len. :D

20. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey there SW fans,
    I'm Don Weinstein in the NC Triangle area saying may the force be with you all. I've been a Star Wars CCG player and tournament director for about a year now, and I've been to every movie on opening nite. I'm also the Lord of the Rings product champ and I'll be hosting a line party when The Two Towers comes out in Christmas (off of TheOneRing.net).

On SW:ep II line party for Central North Carolina: I'm in charge of one at Crossroads 20 in Cary. I've added an announcement in the Raleigh section of FanForce - US South.

Anyway, I'm honored to be a part of this group, guys and gals! Let's have fun and celebrate EP II AOTC!

TallonKaardgamer

21. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Wow, Tallon, thats an impressive list of activities! I'm a LOTR fan, myself, and you'll find quite a few of them around to boards ;)

Welcome to the JC and MTFBWY! :D

22. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    Welcome TallonKaardGamer. I'm also a LOTR fan but not like I am a Star Wars fan.

23. Corpsey_The_Ewok

Corpsey_The_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2002
    DOH! - only just discovered this thread. Oh well, I've only been a JCer for a couple of weeks now so it's not too late to introduce myself.

I'm currently living in London, England, where I have just graduated with a degree in Astrophysics. I've always been a Star Wars fan but I was too young to see the OT on the big screen. When the SE came out and I finally got a chance to see Star Wars in Leicester Square, I was blown away. My fate as a Star Wars geek was sealed. Like many people I was disappointed with TPM at first, but after watching it a few more times over the years, It's starting to grow on me and I now rate it above RotJ.

At the mo, I am so hyped over AotC, it looks da mutt's nuts and I just don't know how I am going to last the next month without exploding or something.

24. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    I will welcome you anyway Corpsey. I will also mourn poor Corpsey the Ewok. He was such a valiant and nice Ewok. Poor little guy didn't deserve to die. :(

25. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Hey there again Corpsey! We're glad your here! ;)

It's good to hear that you are enjoying TPM more. I'm anxious for May 16th, too! If you are interested, check out the AOTC Defense Force link in my signature. Believe it or not, there are already people boycotting the opening! [face_shocked]

See ya around the boards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.