The "OFFICIAL" welcome to the forum thread!

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We can't really be having a newbies shortage! we are just under 19 days away from the opening! Comeon newbies, we won't hurt ya! :D
  2. Texas_Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm not a newbie but I wanted to join this side. I figured why ruin the movie and spoil it for myself. I'm staying over here with you guys at least for the last 3 weeks. I don't want to know anything else about AOTC!!!!!!!!!!! So I'm aboard I'm gonna go spoiler free until Episode 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Yay! A Spoiler-free sort-of newbie! ;) And what better of a name than one with Texas in it?!

Welcome!

Y'all, I'm very upset. I have found out a lot very, very recently. The more I think about it, the more depressed I become about it. It's all been from stupid people I know telling me stuff that I didn't want to know. :(
  4. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "It's all been from stupid people I know telling me stuff that I didn't want to know."

This is why sometimes I feel that I am lucky to have no friends that are as into these movies as I am....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!
  5. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    But that's the worst part...I don't have any friends like that. My friends are like, "yeah, SW, that's cool..." But, they don't really care, and it's nothing to them like it is to me.

But, they'll just pick up a magazine or something and tell me what they read. Stuff like that. That's what one of my friends did to me last night. She was looking through one of the books and told me on the phone while she was in the store. I was severely upset.
  6. BrownCow1138 Jedi Knight

Hello everyone!
    I've been around here for a long time, but my excitement for AOTC is mounting and as I've found myself spending more and more time in here, figured it was time to introduce myself.

I love the community in this place, and its great to be around people who share my passion for the GFFA. As for spoilers, I didn't know anything other than what was in the trailers, but then I just had to go and read the AICN review! Sorry, couldn't help myself. Then, more recently, I started buying action figures (gotta indulge the kid in me) and unfortunately they are LOADED with spoilers. *sigh* My red clonetrooper looks so cool though!

Don't worry, I'll be good... and I sincerely envy those of you who are still totally spoiler free.

-Browncow
  7. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thank you for formally introducing yourself to the group BrownCow. I'm sorry that you couldn't resist the temptations of spoilers, but I hope that you will stick with us, and try again for Episode III. :)

8. BrownCow1138 Jedi Knight

Thanks Windy!

I'm not REALLY spoiled... but I'd say I know more than most of the "regulars" in here, but less than most of the regulars in that other AOTC forum.

The last few weeks before the release are when I always get spoiled, what with magazine articles and the reviews and the toys, glayvin!
  9. Adi_Gallia_9 Chosen One

star 5
    Hello everyone! My name's Adi and I've been posting for over a year now on the boards, but never at this forum. I want to discuss AotC without knowing everything that happens. I went into TPM knowing too much and have endeavored to avoid AotC spoilers. Unfortunately, I've already run into a few, but overall I'm still okay.

Though I adore Star Wars and talking to other fans, I have a life beyond SW that includes playing clarinet, cheering on the best baseball team in MLB, the Red Sox, Lord of the Rings, tennis, and (please don't kill me) Star Trek. I'd love to meet and get to know the other fans at this forum!
  10. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Welcome Adi. I am glad that you have decided to stay spoiler-free for AOTC, and am delighted that you have decided to join in on all of the fun of our thread.

And don't worry about the Star Trek thing, I am sure that most of us will forgive you.... ;) :p

11. Adi_Gallia_9 Chosen One

star 5
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Mace!
  12. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Welcome to BrownCow and Adi_Gallia_9!

I can forgive ya for being a R Sox fan, since we have a common enemy in NY.
    (<-----Braves Fan ;) )
    and WHOO! another LOTR fan! YEAH!

It's soooooooooo tough to avoid spoilers! I picked up the box of AOTC Cereal that my niece was begging me to buy for her and WHAM! 2 spoilers on the back. WTF?? I've been spoiled by a children's cereal :(

Oh well. Welcome to our ranks to you both :D
  13. Adi_Gallia_9 Chosen One

star 5
    I'm always glad to meet another Yankee hater. There's far to few of us around ;)

I know what you mean about the cereal (which, by the way, is very tasty :)) Spoilers come out of nowhere. I got burned before TPM by the soundtrack (Qui-Gon's Noble End ) and this time around, I bought the Visual Dictionary. I love my TPM Dictionary and I was all excited to see the new pictures in this one. But I couldn't stop myself from reading some of it and I regret that now. :(
  14. BrownCow1138 Jedi Knight

Cereal, huh? Man, I feel like I should live in a plasic bubble for the next two weeks. I'll be bubble boy! At least my lay's chips didn't spoil me today, there's some mercy.

Pleased to meet you, Gay-Len. :)
  15. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I'm not new to JC, but I'm new to the Movie forums. I usually hang out in the Aus forums. Anyway, nice to meet you all! :)
  16. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Adi, BrownCow, and Hawk...Helloooooooooooooo!

Welcome, welcome, and welcome!

Please forgive us over here in the ol' Non-Spoiler forum, we can be a bit on the psychotic side sometimes. ;)

However, we just LOVE having new folk around! As you can see above, we were in such dire need of some spoiler-free newbies that we were resorting to acting as newbies, ourselves. So, don't worry, we don't really have multiple personality disorders. Well, most of us don't, anyway. We can't really speak for Windy...

:D :p

Glad y'all joined up with us, and hope you stick around 'til Ep. III!
  17. Oakessteve Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Welcome all the new people who have arrived. I'm one of the moderators here, so if you have any questions or comments, please don't hestitate to PM, and I'll try to answer them for you, with the empathise on the try. Anyhow, welcome everybody :D!
  18. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Don't sell yourself short, Steve. You are very helpful, if someone needs useless trivia regarding some little known director guy.... what was his name again? Sal Spollburn? Serge Steelborg? ......... ;)
  19. hippie1kenobi Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey all, what a friendly thread, a lot of others are pretty intimidating so this looks like a good place to jump in.

Like other people have said, it all started in Target 3 years ago this week."Look, the soundtrack is out. Cool cover, whats on the back? Doh!!" I vowed that day not to read another issue of the Insider till 6/2005. It's good knowing other people are as obsessive about avoiding spoilers as me. I'll tell ya,even some of the threads here scare me..."Will Qui Gon be in AOTC?" I don't know, I don't wanna know, don't even wanna hear your theory right now. ;)

Sorry to ramble, but with the blitz starting, it's getting pretty stressful avoiding things.

Peace,
    Chris
  20. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Welcome to the boards, Chris!

And another victim of Soundtrack Spoilage '99 comes forward. My copy of the AOTC soundtrack, when I get around to buying it, will feature a duct tape covered back to conceal all movie plot related material. Until then, if you spot a spoiler around these boards (any place other than the Spoilers Allowed forum) you can contact cbjedi or Oakessteve and then will take care of it. But for your sake (and mine ;) ), I hope you never have to. :D
  21. Adi_Gallia_9 Chosen One

star 5
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I bought the AotC sountrack, and depending on what you already know about the movie, some of the titles could be spoilers, so be careful. But the soundtrack is wonderful! It sounds so much more like Star Wars than the TPM soundtrack did. :)
  22. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    The soundtrack is incredible. John Williams never ceases to amaze me. How that album can sound so entirely Star Wars, yet be completely original...I'm in awe.
  23. Adi_Gallia_9 Chosen One

star 5
    It does sound amazing. Especially Across the Stars. Pure brillance. It's haunting yet cheerful. And the other tracks, particularly the last, have wonderful moments I don't want to ruin for anyone who hasn't heard it yet. It's going to sound amazing on the big screen in only 17 days!

It's a testament to John William's brillance that he's written the soundtracks for dozens of movies and yet each one is different with it's own distinct theme. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, just to name the obvious ones.
  24. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Excuse me, but we have a soundtrack thread in this forum! :p

25. hippie1kenobi Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm looking forward to hearing the score in AOTC.

My wife and I were cracking up during the oscars. He led the orchestra doing a tribute to some of the most famous scores in movie history, and like half of them where his. The man is amazing. It seems that whenever I hear a score I like, it almost always turns out to be Williams or Danny Elfman.

Peace,
    Chris

Sorry bout the off-topic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.