main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Official Whine Thread

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediClare, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    The subject title speaks for itself.

Whining on the social thread is not a very social thing to do. It causes readers to flee in terror of the dreaded Darths School, Work, and the like. Therefore, this thread has been started for the sole purpose of allowing you to whine in peace without anyone grumbling about it. You might even find sympathy here in the Official Whine Thread.

I shall begin.

I hate homework, I hate projects, I hate tests, I hate exams...

I have another four projects to complete. I have a HCL test on the first of March which I am bound to fail.

That is all for now.

Have fun whining.

:D :p ;)

BTW, thanks for the suggestion, Darth Destructo. ;)

= Clare =

2. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    *Whine*

But I was just kidding. [face_plain]
    Now nobody will use the other threads...
    In fact, if everyone wants to whine then it'll make me even more depressed.
    Well good luck and all that, though I think that you will be more popular than me.
    Why are you more popular than me?
    Is it because you are a girl?
    Maybe girls are cuter, maybe I should have been a girl. Why didn't my parents order a girl? If I was a girl, I would definatelt be more popular...

;)

3. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    *Whine*
    I don't have cable(Yes,I'm one of the 10 or so people in Singapore without cable). I live in Changi, which as you know does not have any HDB housing projects, 'because of the Airport'.
    So I use an ariel, also commonly know as an 'antenna' to recieve signals from the local television networks, which feed my television, allowing me to view television programes. Technical talk aside, I'm basically in the stone age when it comes to television entertainment.
    Why don't I have cable? Well, my house is old, and was built before the government decided 'in every home, a black box for cable!', thus I have to pay about $8,000 to 'pull in' the bloody co-axle cable into my house. And $8K only includes the cost of one(1!) SCV RF point, an additional one, you guessed it, would cost me another Grand or so. So while techically viable, finacially, it's improbable. And on top of that, I would have to pay for SCV channels. This time, I can really put a price on entertainment. It's in the thousands range...

So now, what do I have on TV?
    Medicorp(pronounced 'Korrp') channels, 4 -
    Channel 5
    Channel 8
    Central
    CNA

Mediaworks channels, 3 -
    TV Works
    Channel U
    Some sports channel

There may be more channels, but I can't tell...

I can't even do a decent channel surf!
    Bah!

Wait, there's more whining to come...

I have a great big beef with Mediaworks and Medicorp.

Mediaworks wants to compete with Mediacorp, but they can't even transmit a decent signal! I get Mediacorp channels(except CNA, so fuzzy that Glenda Chong actually looks like a man. And that is not doing justice to Glenda Chong at all, thus my beef with Mediacorp... come to think of it, Central isn't as sharp as Channel 5 or 8, which sucks because on any given day, Central is way better in terms of variety and value.) clearly enough, Mediaworks channels give me such a headache that tuning in to catch a programe becomes an exercise in painful, sprained eyes and constant cursing. Nowadays, I don't even bother anymore. What's the use of having the best programes in Singapore(or so I've been told) when people in Changi can't make out what's on the bloody television screen?
    Don't even get me started on the audio quality.
    How come I can recieve Malaysian television signals better than Mediaworks? I'm staying in Changi for goodness sake, not Yishun, so don't give me any of that transmission range crap.
    Nice job guys.

So scrap those 3 channels, and CNA. Central is just barely watchable, by the skin of it's teeth barely.

Anyhow, my whining point is, if you want to be a pure cable programe station, then fine, I have nothing to say. However, if you want to transmit, bloody well buy a transmission device that actually covers the country that you are trying to transmit to, dammit! Don't give us such poor quality transmissions and pretend to be a big ass television station. Where are all your advertisement funds going into? Stop buying foreign artists and get your damn transmitter fixed first!
    I mean, I pay radio and television tax, so use my money already.

Shameless.
    Disgusting.

I really won't comment on the programming since I find it hard to critique white noise and bizzare transmissions seemingly extraterrestrial(yes that's the correct spelling) in nature.
    Mediacorp seems to be in the lead. Experience and a good quality transmission device seem to be key qualities in this 'battle of the TV stations', besides, they transmit 24/7, like a 'real' television station should.
    I wouldn't even compare the two stations.
    There is no challenge as far as I'm concerned. Go back to your newspapers kids.

Whatever will they think of next? Rich broadcast networks playing the newspaper publishing game? ;)
    Oh, done that already.

Next...

4. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    wow, wow, wow, and people said Luke is a whinning boy. :)

5. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    *Whine*

Now I'm being compared to Farm boy Luke...

6. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Yeap, that means some potential of Jedi. BTW, is whining a potential of Jedi? Does any other Jedi whine in SW? Plus, what good to be a Jedi, if he has no life, no love and self-principle all the time?

Yoda(in whine tone): over 800 years, always backward speaking, so tired I am.

:D

7. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    *Whine*, I have nothing else to whine about except not enough time at the JC :(

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    there are two reasons: your are happiest one in the world or you have a good character that doesn't use to whining.

As for me, I don't whine bos I am too lazy to type them. But it's fun to read other's whine--when you have time. :)

9. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    ::Blinks:: I am?

Now there's a first...being a girl doesn't have anything to do with it...I think. :D

Whine number one of the day:

Being a girl seems fun, but think again! No soccer during recess at school 'cos practically everyone else doesn't really like kicking a black-and-white ball around and dirtying their socks and shoes.

I remember once, couple of years ago, in primary school. The soccer field was muddy, and three or four girls (including me) were playing soccer together with the guys during PE.

Run, run, run -

Slosh.

Splat.

Oops.

It was fun. :D

Good thing it was during PE and not during recess. Can you imagine? A prefect walking around with a mud-stained pinafore? :D

And being a girl, you get nagged at by your mum to wear 'girl' clothes. Which, unfortunately, are just about every uncomfortable and impractical item of clothing.

I mean, dresses?! Skirts?! What's the point of wearing those? You can't run in them, or jump around, or climb, and when there's a strong breeze you're in trouble.

Small little blouses with almost non-existent sleeves that a four-year-old could wear? Puh-leeze!

And it's not fair the guys get to wear comfortable clothes. Nice, big T-shirts that aren't suffocating and you don't have to worry about showing your midriff. Nice baggy cargo pants that allow you to climb up the stairs three at a time or sprawl out on the sofa.

I swear, 'girl' clothes were designed by guys. :p

And being a girl, you have to worry about -

Never mind. :D

Whine number two of the day:

I hate homework! I couldn't go to the badminton tournament today to support the C division just because I have to do my Sithing, frikkin' SRP project!!! ::Fumes:: :mad: :mad: :mad:

= Clare =

10. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    JediClare, you are 13, I hope this board will be still there when you are 18. Then you will smile when you look back your "gilr whine". I am smiling now.

I used to say "I don't want to wear skirts, high heel shoes, I don't want make-up, I don't want boyfriends..." hehe, I ate my words one by one.

Anyway, have fun. :)

11. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001

I've been at it for three years now...but eighteen is five years away after all...

Always in motion is the future.

:D :p ;)

= Clare =

12. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    *Whine*

Donna Karen, Donatella Versace and various others still design 'girlie' clothes(thank goodness...).
    So, there. :p

Honestly speaking, it really depends on what sort of a girl you are. Some girls look like their T-shirts and jeans were designed with their exact measurements. So girls look just fine in those 'J-Pop' clothes. To each her own, if you have it, flaunt it.
    So, it doesn't really matter what you wear, if you like it, wear it.
    Maybe Clare looks good in mud-stained pinafores. :p

I wear anything, because clothes are supposed to cover make you feel comfortable, not fashionable. ;)

13. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    clothes are supposed to cover make you feel comfortable, not fashionable.

My point exactly.

= Clare =

14. Lee_Kuan_Yew

Lee_Kuan_Yew Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    I like women for their brains. [face_plain]

Afterall, they have to be able to hold a decent conversation, it doesn't matter what they wear.

15. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    I knew your point Mr. Lee, err, I mean Mrs Lee is definely a lady with a great brain. :)

Ah dress, I like this topic. As a little girl, my mom taught me "study is more important, don't pay much attention to dress". Well I grew up and found she was wrong. Dress is, if not more important, as important as your study. And how to dress properly is a skill. Like all the other skills it needs practice. Sometime you have money doesn't mean you can dress nicely. I know we SW girls are different, not like those girls who only know dress and make-up. BUT it will be cooler if we are SW fans with good taste dressing. :)

Well my mon won't like this. Thanks God she doesn't know computer at all.

16. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    *Whine*

So will you be wearing a skirt to work tomorrow hazel? ;)
    Actually, what defines a person as being one of good taste and being a fashion diaster?

Personally, I like the designs of those tight leather skirts. When a girl wearing one of those catches my eye, I find it really hard to tear my eyes away. I always say to myself, "What a nice leather skirt."
    You see, I can appriciate the cutting and stitching on the garment, and of course, I'm also checking out her 'colour combination'.
    ;) :p

Really, lah! [face_blush]

17. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Too late, I wear pants actually jeans today.

"Leather tight skirt"??? :D :D :D (BONG, drop to the floor from chair.)

You call that a "good" sense!? Well, I call that "man's human nature." :)

18. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Tight leather jeans or pants are fine with me as well. :p

19. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm supposed to get off the computer now...

Whine One of the day:

I don't like having so little computer time.

Whine Two of the day:

I hate homework.

Tight leather skirts?!?!?!

::Follows hazel and drops off the chair too::

I don't have a choice...I have to wear a pinafore to school...but I wear PE shorts underneath! :D

= Clare =

20. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    *Whine*

What's wrong with tight leather skirts?
    Why is everyone falling off their chairs? :p

21. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    No, nothing wrong with tight leather skirts, it's just my chair.

whine: why my chair is so bad, make me fall, why can't my boss buy us some nice chairs?

Finally got something to whine. happy. :)

22. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL! My chair's okay...so far.

Not only tight leather skirts, any kind of skirts. Tight ones restrict your movement, and so do flowing ones. You can't run in tight ones, and flowing ones wrap around your legs when you try to run or walk fast.

You should try it someday. :) ;) :p :D [face_laugh]

Another whine:

Irritating one-post-per-minute rule.

= Clare =

23. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    *whines about the same thing as Clare*

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    You should try [wearing a skirt] someday.

Ha ha. Very funny... :p
    Let's leave the skirt wearing to the experts. ;)

25. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    School comps are soooooooooooooo slow...

= Clare =

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.