main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX The official ?Who wants to go to Celebration 3?? thread.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Amidala Starkiller, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    ok ok , count me in too.

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  3. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    The McElroy's will be coming. That's another 2.5 of us!

We plan on bringing the truck, and we'll carry everyone's luggage.

4. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!indiana here we come!!!

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Head count 7.5

6. ge_rpger

ge_rpger Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    Hey there, I'm from the DFW FF (and the 501st) and just wanted to know what you guys thought about a Chartered Bus?

Up here in Dallas/Fort Worth we are working with the 501st's Star Garrsion and trying to get a bus or two coordinated for the trip.

A bus might start in San Antonio and work it's way up to Indiana. The more the merrier and cheaper too.

So, anyone?

7. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Ok people have some firm information for you on trip information for C3 if you are willing. I have been apart of DFWFanForce since day 1. FYI just so you know I have been researching this for the past 5 months on a trip proposal. Total trip cost per person based on what I have found so far(can change for the better at any time) is $450. This includes Quotes for the Charter Bus itself and Hotel.The ticket cost is estimated since I spoke with Jeanette Keblish W/ GEN CON and they do not have a actual ticket cost as of yet. So that you know I round the cost of tickets to $100 based on the fact they were $75 for the 3-day event last time and it is now a 4-day event.

I dont see the cost going up only down depending on what other deals we are able to work out with hotel and ticket cost or even a different charter service, but the actual charter bus IS RESERVED and basically all we need to do is find 49 committed people the more the marrier. The hotel Quote is also LOCKED I have around 15 confirmed including myself. So basically that leaves only 34 people and Im sure that I can include another 10 just in this forum alone and we STILL have 13 Months left to get the numbers we need.

Please feel free to contact me via PM with any questions and I will get back with you shortly.

Regards fellow Fans :D

AGAIN THE QUOTES AND PRICES LISTED ARE LOCKED WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TICKET COST THE ONLY OTHER COST YOU WOULD HAVE IS FOOD AND FUN

Oh BTW the information I have been working on is completely seperate from the 501st and what they have been doing. Although I think with the both of us working on this it will be advantageous for both groups as an alternative to individual plans toward a mutual goal. :)

8. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
  9. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    So the MOST an individual would pay (transportation wise) would be $450 per person, and if we get the bus full it will only go down? Or, is that if we get the bus full the price is $450 per person?

Also, I plan on taking my wife and son, who will be 22 mos old at the time. Will I have to pay $450 for him also? Or would his price be adjusted since he really only needs a seat on the bus? If I have to pay $450 x 3, then it would be cheaper to load up my truck and drive.

I'm all about saving money, but there are certain conditions that I would rather not sacrifice. My biggest concern is that if I run late, I don't want to hold up the others, but also don't want to be left behind. Also, I don't want to sit on a bus waiting for someone to show.

We have time, and everything will be ironed out...

10. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    First off no I would not have you pay for a 22 month old child assuming that he DOES not have a job that is, because if he bringing in income then I would have to change that thought.

Your cost alone would be $900 for you and your wife and child. That includes Round trip travel, Hotel accommodations, and ticket price(estimated). The only thing that reflects any change is Tax(which has been partially included in the 450 price)ticket price and whether or not you are willing to share your room with someone.

If you have 4 to a room then your cost will be around $400 give or take.

11. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    I was just wondering if I was to decide to do this, how soon would one have to pay for this?

12. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    The Great thing about this is you dont have to have it paid off til close to trip time say like 1 to 3 months out.

If you save $40 or more a month then you can have it paid off by February of 2005.

What we will do is this. First come first serve so if you put a deposit down then for the most part you are secureing your spot on the bus.

Now anything can happen and some one may have to pull out and I completely understand that. So what I plan to do is have a reserve list. And if the reserve list gets large enough then we will have a second bus and a third and so on so forth. Now say that the reserve list is short a few spots well I have a good working relationship with The Charter service and they are willing to work with us.

Again the more the marrier so talk to your friends and if this sounds like something you want to do PM me and we can make arrangements to get you on the ROAD TO C3 Texas Style... :D

Regards Fellow Fans :D

13. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    I have an update for you fellow fans. We will begin filling the seats on the C3 bus with a small deposit within the next couple of weeks. You will be able to do so Via PayPal and the deposit amount will be $50 per person. This Gurantees your seat to C3 and also your seat selection(if available).

I will post a link to Paypal in the very near future so that you can make you deposits by however means you see fit. I will also supply a image of the bus that we will be riding on so that you may request your desired seat. More up to Date information will be on the DFWFanforce Forum.

DFW Fanforce Forum C3
    DFWFanForce C3 Trip

Please feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. After PayPal is set up I will provide more contact information for your convience.

Regards fellow Fans,
    Krwade3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.