The *OFFICIAL* YJK series Fan Club V1.0: Well what are we waiting for?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by _3MD_PsychoSniper, Feb 18, 2004.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    You were the Senator... of somewhere YJK-related. Tenel Ka FC? No matter.

Tionne had a chunk of her replaced with bionics, but other than that, she's been a backdrop character. Kam nearly died in LotF, and there was a clone of Kam killed in Crosscurrent, for creepiness.
  2. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Tenel Ka fan club, yeah.

So... thanks for a reminder of why I stopped reading. :) [face_plain] :( :mad:
  3. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    I love YJK! I think my favorite thing about the books is.... okay, I can't think of what my absolute favorite part is, because the entire series is amazing!
  4. JediBettyBug18 Jedi Master

star 3
    I think that's why A LOT of us stopped reading.....
  5. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think they totally went the wrong direction with the books. I would've kept reading if they didn't totally kill off all of the characters (LOTF was the last straw for me) or if they went into another part of SW history, like the founding of the old Jedi Order.

My plot bunny to rewrite YJK with some of the characters genderbent has returned, much to my dismay. If only college got along with fanfiction.
  6. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    That's... an interesting plot bunny, Sil.
  7. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The idea was spawned by two artists who did very extensive gender bender collections for Naruto and Bleach. Maybe that's what I should do, just draw every character who was born after a certain time in gender bent form.
  8. MarasFire Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm quite grumpy that I'm having trouble remembering times where Jaina and Tenel Ka interact as friends in any meaningful way during the YJK. Really, it's not just them. I have a hard time picturing a heart-to-heart between Jacen and Zekk. Or Lowie and... anyone other than Jaina. :p

But since it's often said that Jaina and Tenel Ka were also close during their time at the academy, that's bugging me the most. Does anyone have any stories that focus on Jaina and Tenel Ka as friends, talking about something important (or even just for a long period of time) without mentioning Jacen?
  9. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well Jaina probably is Tenel Ka's closest girlfriend lol I guess we'll never really know.
  10. nostalgia Jedi Master

star 2
    The book after Anja appears. Was it Trouble on Cloud City? Yes! They start spending more time together (Jaina and Tenel Ka) in order to help each other cope with the jealousy they similarly feel with Anja's presence. In The Crystal (Star Wars Insider short story available for download) they share a warm embrace right after they finish their graduation ceremony. One is also left to assume that they're close because of all of their time spent together in general.
  11. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Most of it was about Jacen and Jaina, with Jaina being paired with Zekk and Jacen with Tenel Ka. There is a Five Man Band dynamic, if you're familiar with TV Tropes:

The Hero: Jacen
    The Lancer: Jaina (She even acts most like her father.)
    The Big Guy: Tenel Ka
    The Smart Guy: Lowbacca
    The Chick: M-TD
    Sixth Ranger: Zekk
    Team Dad: Luke (The term "dad" is figurative, so no nasty emails.)
    Team Mom: Tionne (Again, figurative. Thankfully, I doubt I'll get nasty emails for this one.)

The worst part is, Zekk's the only one who really got out of it fine:

Lowie: Exiled.
    M-TD: Slag.
    Jacen: Becomes Darth Scrappy, tortures Ben, and then becomes an hero. (Yes, I know, it's a tasteless meme, but still.)
    Jaina: Hasn't had a consistent characterization since the beginning of YJK.
    Tenel Ka: Can't even see her daughter because, oh yeah, the Hapans want to kill them.
  12. nostalgia Jedi Master

star 2
    When I finally get around to catching up on all of the EU literature on my bookcase, I plan on spending quite a bit of time analyzing and summing up the transformation of these particular characters, and maybe even a couple more.
  13. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Alright, further to the various information that you may, or may not, have read, I have created a sticky with the most up-to-date information about the Move, as in, for those not in the know, the time-scales for our migration from one server (IGN) to the next.

Please do read this, and keep an eye out for further updates. I shall be updating the opening post periodically (I'll note when).

Happy Reading!
  14. Jaina Byrd Force Ghost

star 4
    Posting in my first favorite thread for old time's sake before we move!

Just to pretend to be on topic, I thought it was interesting that, via the TV Tropes idea, M-TD is the "chick". Hah! I'd basically forgotten about that little droid... it's been too long since I read the books. For shame!
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth