main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The *OFFICIAL* YJK series Fan Club V1.0: Well what are we waiting for?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by _3MD_PsychoSniper, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    Yay! This is such a great idea for a thread! :D

I absolutely love the YJK books. They've definately remained my favorite books throughout the years, and definately my favorite characters.

Let's see... When I first discovered the YJK books, it was at my sixth grade science fair. My friend David was reading "Heirs to the Force" and I was bored (and just recently had become a Star Wars fan), so I picked up his book when he wasn't reading. Neadless to say, I became hooked. It wasn't the first Star Wars book I had read (I was currently reading the other EU novels), but it was so much fun to have characters closer to age to me to read about.

And it's sorta remained that way, even though I'm older than the characters were in those books. But they're still a fun read when I'm upset.

I love both the Jaina/Zekk and Jacen/Tenel Ka relationships, although I think I'm more of a Jaina/Zekk fan. So much, in fact, that I've decided to start a website. It's not up yet, but if anyone has anything they'd like to contribute, just PM me.

Anyway, I could probably babble about YJK all night, so I think I'll stop for now.

Again- EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

2. starwarsmasteryoda

starwarsmasteryoda Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2003
    I love the Young Jedi Knight series sign me up.

3. Jaina313

Jaina313 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    So, from what I've gathered, many of us were young when we read YJK for the first time. How old are all of you now?

I'm 18, a senior in high school/freshman in college.

4. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Im 19, and a loafer

and were Geith said

I love that scene, especially when she takes the articifial arm and smashes it, and tells the doctors, "I said no...and I mean no." Awesome scene!

I agrre :D

5. starwarsmasteryoda

starwarsmasteryoda Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2003
    I am very happy for the both of you.

6. Enelya_Sol

Feb 2, 2004
    That is a great scene, Geith and 3MD. Simply, that's just an awesome book!

I'm 18 now....freshman in college.

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I was about 17 when I started reading them. I'm now 25, a college graduate and cart pusher for Walmart.

And the scene where Tenel ka hurls the prosthetic arm away from her rocks.

8. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Enelya_Sol! You have to let me know when you get the Jaina/Zekk website online! I DEFINITELY have to link it from the Jacen/Tenel Ka site!! :D

I got into the YJK books as they were being released the first time around -- now I'm 19 and still as madly obsessed with Jacen Solo as I was when I first picked up those books.

[face_mischief]

9. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Heather, Ive seen some of Enelya_Sol's site it looked great, considering she hadnt got the links working yet.

10. GeithJiseo

GeithJiseo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2003
    I think I was 15 or 16 when I read the YJK books, the same age as the main characters, which was probably why I identified with them so much, especially Jacen (I can be pretty goofy sometimes, and my jokes aren't always the funniest) and Tenel Ka (I can also be really serious at times).

This is indeed an excellent thread. :cool:

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I wonder how the YJK crew would react if they learned about the NJO...

Lusa-I get killed offscreen and am mourned for a whole paragraph? What the heck?

Tenel Ka-My character has been ruined!

Jaina-You think yours is bad? I became a total jerk!

Jacen-Who's this 'Danni Quee'? And why am I floating in the ocean with her?

Zekk-Where the hell am I?

You get the idea...

12. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Jaina would also be like (to Jacen)

"At least youre not sleeping with an Imperial."

13. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    Lusa-I get killed offscreen and am mourned for a whole paragraph? What the heck?

LUSA GOT KILLED??? :eek:

14. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Yup.

But dont ask me how, I dispise NJO. (except for that no darkside concept)

From what I remember hearing, Geith, its like striker said, it was just mentioned in a paragraph and then frogotten.

15. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    She didn't even merit an onscreen death?

Man, that sucks. Poor Lusa. :(

16. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Yeah, makes me glad I've only wasted money on 5 NJO books.

Striker. I have an assignment for you for the YJK fanclub. Do a 'Were am I now' chart of all the YJK characthers showing were they were at in YJK and were theyre at in NJO. Fell free to add in all the sarcasim you want when you do it.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    They killed off Lusa? What about Raynar? Or does he simply not exist anymore?

BTW count me in- I love the YJK books.

Although to be fair, I always thought Lusa was a bit dorky as an alien. I'd have been a lot more upset if they'd just up and killed off Lowie or TK w/o much of another mention.

18. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Ranyr gets kidnaped by Dark Jedi during the strike team mission. No other mention of him is made afterwards.

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Heh. This'll be fun...

It won't take me too long, _3MD_, since I can pretty much remember what happened. Still, it'll be a bit until I can put it up. I gotta get my sarcsam meter going overtime considering how much I hate, loathe and despise NJO and what it did.

20. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Sweet. With your level of sarcasim...................

People, put your diapers on. Hes gona kmake us laugh so hard we wet ourselves.

21. Enelya_Sol

Feb 2, 2004
    -Tenel-Ka-, I'll definately give you the link when it's up, or much closer to being complete than currently is. Thanks for the link to your site. I'll definately add it into the link page for Dhalbreth Square. :)

3MD - Awww, thanks! :)

On another note, are their fates in NJO really that bad? I knew I wasn't reading those books for a reason... Kriff...you don't even find out if Raynar lived or died after being kidnapped? That sucks!

22. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    In Heather's (-Tenel-Ka-) fic Urbaina's Void she has Ranyars fate explained.
    You might want to read that, since Im sure its better than what the profoc people will do (Unless Zahn, Stackpole, Allison, and K.J.Anderson are in charge of writing)

23. GeithJiseo

Dec 13, 2003
    I got this from the Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia - Version 5.3:

Later, during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion of the galaxy, Raynar was part of an elite force sent to Myrkr to locate the voxyn queen and destroy it. During the mission, he got to known Eryl Besa quite well. Despite the fact that she was older, they found themselves attracted to each other. However, Eryl was killed shortly after the Jedi team entered the Baanu Rass, and Raynar fell into despair. He tried to work his way out of it by assisting Lowbacca in reparing the Tachyon Flyer, but the small freighter was attacked by Yuuzhan Vong. Raynar died trying to protect Lowbacca, thereby ensuring that his fellow Jedi would have an escape mechanism.

Poor Raynar. I thought he was an annoying little git in the Shadow Academy books, but as the series progressed he became more and more likable. I was actually rooting for him and Lusa to get together. :)

24. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    I think the encyclopedis's maybe wrong.

The people Ive talked to who have the books have said that he was wounded and left on the freighter that served as escape ship. Two Dark Jedi that were prisoner of the Vong stole it, with Ranyar onboard.

At least thats what theyve said, I dont read NJO so I wouldnt know.

25. Jaina313

Jaina313 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Just a comment. I've always liked the Crystal Star (no flaming please), and that's where Lusa came from. She was really cool, if you ask me. In that book at least. I thought that by the time she came into the YJK, she was pretty watered down. Or at the very least, too minor of a character.

Heh, and I'm no specie-ist, but I always thought the Raynar/Lusa thing was a bit weird (although never defined).

One of my favorite parts in the book "Shadow Academy" was when Zekk ate the spray and thought it was a salad!! I felt SO embarrassed for him! I just wanted to hug him and tell him everything was okay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.