main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The *OFFICIAL* YJK series Fan Club V1.0: Well what are we waiting for?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by _3MD_PsychoSniper, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

*pokes head in*

I believe that Raynar did get captured by two dark jedi but then later on it talks about the ship crashing. According to James Luceno, when he asked about raynar for the Unifying force, he was told that Raynar is dead. So the offical word on raynar is he died in a crash. If that fixes any of the confusion. Of course i brought him back to life as well [face_blush]

2. GeithJiseo

GeithJiseo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2003
    I hated The Crystal Star, but Lusa was one of the best things about the book. I was actually surprised and delighted to see her show up in the YJK series, but I thought she was extremely underused, especially in the Anja books (she didn't even have five lines of dialogue in those three books put together).

3. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Star by Star made no mention of Raynar dying. The strike team felt something in the Force that they THOUGHT might've been Raynar's death, but they'll never be sure.

Also, when Troy Denning was asked in an interview what Raynar's fate was, and if we should 'assume he is dead' --- Denning just replied with a snarky: "Assume nothing."

(Denning rules. XD)

Therefore, I just had to bring him into a fanfiction. Raynar was begging. "BRING MEEEE BACK!!!"

*cackles*

4. Jainalover

Jainalover Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I was wondering about Raynar as well when I was reading my books last night. I guess he grew up after all. :)

5. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Well, searching for your dad only to see him die by means of a deadly biological agent will grow ANYBODY up.

6. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    I have not read many of the stories after Jedi Under Siege (largely becasue they are so hard to find). So this is news to me. :)

7. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    thats all you have ? That sucks, theres like 14 total in the series.

what happend was at the end of the Diversity allince cycle, they went to destroy the Emporers plaugestorehouse. Ranyars father wound up being trappded in the plauge room after one of the containers got cracked

8. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    My God, that was a horrible way for his father to go! Thanks for putting me in the picture, Dude! :D

9. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
  10. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    I actually find the books post-Jedi Under Seige much easier to find, or at least at my local bookstores. But I sort of own all of them (some in multiple copies cause I sorta brought my favorites to sleepaway camp one year, and well, they didn't really survive all that well...), so it doesn't matter much to me. But if you ever get the chance, you should try to find them. They are still good.

On another note, I liked the Crystal Star book too, and actually read that after reading the Diversity Alliance arc of YJK, so it was nice to read how they first met Lusa.

Hmm....guess that's all for now.

(On a side note, happy 3MD? I posted! :))

11. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    I liked parts of Crystal Star, Lusa, the former Imperial Jedi dude (makes sense for some formal imp force users 2 cause trouble) and they even described NR money.

oh, btw, heres that site Enelya_Sol was talking bout.

remember, its not done yet.

EDITED cause I cant spell, no wonder my beta calls me typo sniper

12. Enelya_Sol

Feb 2, 2004
    Yeah, like 3MD said, the site's not done yet.

But if anyone checks it out (very rough draft site up with incomplete/unedited pages) and can tell me how the kriff to get rid of those spaces between paragraphs (each of them were made in a new layer) by either using Macromedia Dreamweaver or html, I'd very much appreciate it!!! :)

And feel free to PM me if you want to contribute anything!!!!!!!

13. Tenel_Ka_Index

Tenel_Ka_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    Good luck with the site.

I'd offer my help, but weak in the ways of the webmaster this one is.

14. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    oops frogot to logout.

new subject.

after YJK, what is your second favorite series in SW ?

Xwing for me.

15. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    The Hand of Thrawn Duology.

16. Enelya_Sol

Feb 2, 2004
    Hmm... I think it might either be the Jedi Academy Triology, the Thrawn Triology, or the Corellian Trilogy. Can't pick.

Tenel_Ka_Index - Thanks anyway! :)

17. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    That index was me, I frogot to logout after checking for submissions in the socks PM inbox

18. Enelya_Sol

Feb 2, 2004
    LOL! Brilliant, 3MD...

19. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    Just to let you guys know, I am going hunting for YJK books tonight. I have the Jedi Sunrise collection so I will be focusing on the books that come after that. :)

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Okay, _3MD_ asked for a 'where are they now' on the YJK members. I, being the resident 'tough guy' have decided to oblige.

WARNING:

This will be written in a 'stream of thought' fashion while listening to Huey Lewis and the News(Best band of the 80's, and that is a fact!). In other words, whatever the heck pops into my head will be going here. Also, spoilers will abound for those who haven't read the NJO. If you haven't, damn you are lucky.

The characters dealt with shall be Raynar Thul, Lusa, Lowbacca, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Tenel Ka Djo and Zekk, the man with no last name.

Raynar-The spoiled brat of the Bornayrn Fleet was a man at the end of CACR and was in love with our fair centaur. He first shows up in Star By Star as pasrt of the Myrkr strike force. His first big action is apparently getting some nookie with Eryl Basa while aboard the stolen Vong ship. Oh, yeah. The Bronaryn Fleet isn't a factor in NJO. I don't mean it's mentioned that it's destroyed or anything like that. The whole thing just up and vanishes. You think Leia might've contacted her fellow Alderaaniain Ayrn Thul for help with the refugees? Hmm. I guess not. Anyway, Mrs. Thul's baby boy gets injured and captured by Lomi and Welk. As pointed out, his fate is left up in the air.

Lusa-Can we say getting the shaft? Thanks, I knew you could. This little filly is mentioned once, once. Raynar and some of the YJK crew are crying against a glass partition, and her death at the hands of voxyn is mentioned...and that's it. Yes, a Jedi who was described as pwerful by Luke gets all of a paragraph. Sigh What a waste. She was a centaur, and therefore fairly powerful. She was a healer, and could've taken the place of Tekli the wonder mouse, but no. She had to die at the hands of the Alien ripoffs. I betcha that if it was Lusa instead of Tekli, Anakin would've survived.

Lowbacca-One of the reasons Chewie was killed off was because he 'faded into the background' or something like that. I've just reread several Bantam books, and so far that's just wrong. Lowie, however, was a lot closer to that. He appeared at Chewie's funeral, then goes along with the Myrkr mission and loses M-TD, his translating droid. the droid was aboard the shuttle that Lomi and Welk stole with Raynar, so...we'll get back to that. Lowie is Jaina's copliot when she uses that captured Vong...rock thing for several missions against the scarheads and eventually assumes Chewie's life debt. This means that he'll be killed off because of some asinine reason like 'oh, we can't write Wookiees too well.' As for M-TD, he's right now floating around waiting for Unicron from Transformers to show up and reformat him.

Jaina Solo-Oh, wow. Is she even the same person? At the beginning, she's been made Mara's apprentice...despite graduating to full-fledged Jedi at the end of CACR. And at the time, I don't think Luke was ully aware of the whole master/apprentice thing. Over the course of the war, she becomes a super rhymes-with-witch, at one time belittling Leia because she doesn't wear a lightsaber. All I said when I read that was 'wha?' Not all Jedi wielded lightsabers. Vodo-Siosk Baas didn't wield a lightsaber, and he was a Jedi Master. After Anakin's death, she goes to the Dark Side for a bit and, during Dark Journey, performs a highly illegal and immoral vivisection on a Hapan man.

At this point, I was honestly wondering if this book wasn't from some Star Trek mirror universe where everything's the same but evil...

She eventually comes back from the Dark Side-apparently all that 'forever dominate your destiny' by Yoda was just bunk. During TUF, she and Jacen witness how truly powerful Luke is, and how truly weak they really are in comparison. Oh, yeah. She also 'romances' Jagged Fel, an imperial pilot from Chiss space who is stiffer than a titanium beam and has less personality than a gonk droid. She gave up true love for this dork? Ooh, he's got a scar and green eyes! Heck, Zekk's probably got a scar, does have green eyes and an actually developed personality!

21. JacenWindu

JacenWindu Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    I like the YJK series. Jacen Solo is a cool guy.

22. Jaina313

Jaina313 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Eeeek... so much for "Happily Ever After". Previous books (and even the MOVIES, which should be mostly cannon) usually ended on high notes and didn't have characters totally ignoring their pasts.

Sometimes I think that some of the writers would rather disregard the YJK completely- I think they thought that many people did not in fact read the YJK. Obviously, this isn't true.

Anyway, my favorite series besides the YJK is the Jedi Academy Trilogy. HOOOOLY SHIAT, I loved the part at the end of the 3rd book when Jacen and Jaina defend Luke's body and help out so much. Great integration of what were formerly minor characters. KJA obviously was a big fan of Jacen and Jaina, as he's probably the author who used them the most (until the NJO).

23. GeithJiseo

GeithJiseo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2003
    Man, what a load of BS. It seems that in the NJO, the YJK are either underused, killed offscreen, or completely butchered character-wise. It sucks, because it seemed that the purpose of the YJK was to set Jacen, Jaina, Tenel Ka, Zekk, Lusa, Raynar, and Lowie up as the main characters of the future EU books, a Star Wars: The Next Generation of sorts.

And instead, we get the NJO. What a crock. :(

Oh, and my favorite series after YJK is the Jedi Academy Trilogy, followed by the Corellian Trilogy and the Thrawn Trilogy. :)

24. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    I agree with Geith, the YJK series made you belive that the YJK characthers were going to be among the main characthers in the following story arc, but instead we got people with the same names, but compleatly differnt personalites.
    I admit that people change, but changing that much in a year ? I wonder what the people who plan this stuff are toking on.....

25. Enelya_Sol

Feb 2, 2004
    Kriff. I haven't read the NJO books, and I wasn't going to, then I was, then I wasn't, at the moment I'm going to. But how could they totally screw up the characters like that? I know that YJK was written for younger characters, but still, continuity people? The characters were established with specific personalities, relationships, etc. It's something there, and should definately be taken into account.

Evil authors...

Edited to continue rant. YJK really established relationships. How the kriff did Zekk and Jaina go from having romantic feelings to each other to being in a more 'brother-sister' relationship. Their friendship has never really reflected that. He's supposed to be her freaking best friend... Argh...

And Jacen/Tenel Ka. Uh, hello? First, character wise, Jacen was supposed to be a goofball. I loved him like that. Okay...stopping this rant before I switch to Jaina too. Back to relationships. Those two were so perfect for each other.

Like I said earlier, I know they're books for a younger age group, but a. this age group is the future of the readers, b. they seemed to have taken personalities/relationships from the jjk books into account, why not yjk?, and c. they are technically all part of the timeline...people do NOT change that rapidly.

Sigh...I think I'm done now. Sorry all for the rant. BTW, Striker, great list...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.