main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The *OFFICIAL* YJK series Fan Club V1.0: Well what are we waiting for?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by _3MD_PsychoSniper, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Sean8

Grand_Admiral_Sean8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2007
    Oy...Furyan?! :eek: What are you doing here? Two days ago we were having this very same discussion on the O.S.!

Oh, yeah, hi to everybody else, too! [face_batting] I'm Grand Admiral Sean, newly converted from the StarWars.com Books, Comics, and Television Forum. I actually signed up for TheForce.net specifically to take part in the larger Young and Junior Jedi Knights community. I've gotten the vague impression that the online J.J.K. fandom amounts to an hyperneurotic Masonic-type cult...so I should fit in perfectly. As long as Anakin is still the nerd, Jaina is still the tomboy, and Jacen is still the goof, I'm all aboard. [face_peace]

2. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    Oy...Furyan?! What are you doing here? Two days ago we were having this very same discussion on the O.S.!

(shrugs) What can I say, mate? I get around a lot. Anyway, welcome to the boards!

3. Grand_Admiral_Sean8

Grand_Admiral_Sean8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2007
    [face_laugh] Thanks for the welcome! And, hey, if you feel like having the same discussion in two venues, any help on the Forums would be hot. [face_praying]

Y'know, I think there is a chance for a resurrection of the Y.J.K. -- but it's the responsibility of us fans to make ourselves known to the wider Star Wars community. We need to speak out in as polite a fashion as possible, and if the good folks at Del Rey hear enough voices to give them pause, who knows what might result? Start those raindrops fallin', and sooner or later, we might amount to a flood. [face_dancing]

Force be,
    ~The Admiral

4. Meshugenah

Meshugenah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    That's my master! And it's true, too (no matter how any of us may feel about the books after YJK)

May I join as well?

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Welcome, Sean. and they threw away toomuch of the YJK for my liking. I basically don't take any of LOTF as canon. In fact, I'm not sure if I take anything from DN aside from Allana's existence as canon.

6. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I'm re-reading Lightsabers right now, and I have a question for you lovely YJK fanpeople:

Did any of you read the series in order? If so, how did you react to Tenel Ka's lightsaber accident and injury? I jumped into the series with Delusions of Grandeur, so I was spoiled for the entire Shadow Academy arc.

7. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    I read the series in order. I think I saw Heirs of the Force in a bookstore and picked it up, and I was hooked from there. I remember being pretty shocked by TK's accident, although I was (and still am) rather bewildered over her refusal of a prosthetic. I understood all her reasons, but after having learned her lesson, I don't think having a mechanical arm is something she would just forget. But I digress. :p So yes, I found it suitably shocking. ;)

8. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    All in order. :) I picked up the books right as they were published. I actually remember the loooong wait for Jedi Under Siege. Back then, you could find anything on the internet, and I found KJA and Moesta's email address and asked when they planned on having the next book out. Whether or not it was real, I was pretty stoked when I got a reply saying that I could plan on about three months' wait.

I remember feeling like the loss of Tenel Ka's arm was surreal... I didn't even believe it had really happened until the next chapter, when nobody had awoken from a bad dream!

9. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Sorry if this question seems a bit much, but I'm an emotional person, and I fell I must ask this.

Throughout the YJK there were so many factors that made us fall in love with it. Characters, stories, personalities, relationships, and so on. The NJO did a serious number on that. Now during the LOFT, it is getting shaken up again. So the question I ask you is this:

Will any aspect of the YJK that we used to love, ANY AT ALL, survive beyond LOTF? If so, what do you think it could be?

For instance:
    -Does Zekk still have a chance with Jaina, or will she remain single or go back to Jag?
    -Will Tenel Ka survive? And if Jacen dies, will she ever love again?
    -Will any of the other characters ever return to regular continuity?
    -How will Allana be raised?
    and so on.
    These are just examples, though. There are many others that you could add.

And I apologise if these questions seem a little too deep, but I guess I am asking you to search deep within your hearts for this.

10. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Hey, nobody's answering my questions! Come on people, we've got to keep this thread alive somehow!

11. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Emerald_Lady and Jaina Byrd, I feel like such a YJK n00b! :p I didn't start reading until 1999, and by then most of the YJK books were in their second printing. :p

I can't imagine waiting for a YJK book, though; I get crazy enough waiting for the latest installments of LotF! :p

12. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    I get crazy enough waiting for the latest installments of LotF!

Welcome to my world! My life now passes me by in three-month periods, each one marked by a Legacy of the Force novel.

God, I'm pathetic! :rolleyes:

13. Meshugenah

Meshugenah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    I was in the same boat, Joe (mind if I call you Joe? :p). I read them in order ;) -- in fact, my mom's a librarian, and two sets of the entire series were donated, and I had free reign. :D I think I wiped out the entire series in two weeks (a book a day!) and then reread them for the entire summer. That was... I think it was '99 or '00. Good times, I have to say.

14. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Ok, y'all, what is your favorite YJK arc? Shadow Academy, Diversity Alliance, or Black Sun?

Mine is Diversity Alliance. Shadow Academy had some good stuff (and I really liked The Lost Ones book), but I also felt like I had read it before (Solo kids kidnapped, DS v LS, etc). Diversity Alliance was more original; and the conflict had some shades of grey; I liked Raynar too - his character had some good development in this.

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Shadow Academy for me, although I loved all of them.

16. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    As much as I love Shadow Academy, I think Diversity Alliance is my favorite arc. Possibly because I love the way Zekk's character progresses, and also because the storyline wasn't just the same old, same old. The only things that really both me about the arc are the inconsistencies between the bounty hunters in YJK and the same bounty hunters in K.W. Jeter's Bounty Hunter Wars series. *shrugs*

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    The Diversity Alliance arc also introed Lusa, had Jacen and Tenel Ka kiss and made raynar not a dork. So also more good points for it.

18. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Shadow Academy arc for me. I loved Jedi Under Siege and Lightsabers.

19. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    I love Shadow Academy- DarkZekk absoloutley fascinates me, for one thing. :)

Diversity Alliance would have to be a close second though, I like how different and new the plotline is from everything else we've seen. And Lowie actually gets his own share of romance, for once!

20. MrSocky

MrSocky Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2007
    Well, I've actually just made a Jedi Academy RP devoted to the YJK-era time period, if any of you are interested. In a way, you could create a bunch of your own AU stories.
    It's so new, there's not even any members yet. :)

If any of you are interested at all, here's the link: The Jungle Moon.

21. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    So I was flipping around television the other night and caught five minutes of Pretty Woman (I know I know - silly movie): it was the dinner scene, and Julia Roberts started to eat the garnish that came with her dessert.

I was reminded of when Zekk ate the decorations at the ambassador's dinner in The Lost Ones, thinking it was a salad. [face_laugh] Poor Zekk, that is one of my favorite EU moments.

22. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    I liked Shadow Academy best, then Diversity Alliance. Lightsabers and Jedi Under Siege were definitely the best. I did like Shards of Alderaan too.

23. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hehe! Yes! That was one of my favorite scenes in the whole series, it was classic. And I'd have to say the Shadow Academy arc is my favorite. :D

Anyone here going to Dragon*Con this year? I'm doing a YJK Tenel Ka costume this year (along with another LOTF version) -- and there's going to be a Lusa (*pokes Lusa_Thul* XD), a Jacen (YJK version and a LOTF version) and possibly even a YJK Jaina and an Anakin! I would love to meet up with any other YJK fans who are going! ^_^

24. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    I too have to go with the Shadow Academy arc as my favorite, although Diversity Alliance is a close second. :)

25. Tahiri_Solo14

Tahiri_Solo14 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    oddly enough I'm kinda torn between Shadow Academy and Deversity Alliance, but I think the latter one wins by a hair.

I would love to go to Dragon Con, but I never seem to get my act together enough to plan ahead for it. I am planning on doing Tenel Ka's Lightsabers dress, and Tahiri in her Academy jumpsuit with Ikrit, at some point in the near future. Maybe for the next SW Celebration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.