SNG The officially unofficial social thread.

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Destructo, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    No, this is not SDU. I just realised that the other threads didn't deal with this. The other threads have kinda gone off topic, not that I'm complaining, but the titles have become misleading.
    Thus this thread.

So how do we use this thread? Well, if you want to leave a message for another poster or for everyone, just post it here, and people will know where to look for it.
    Eg, if you want to invite other posters for badminton practice or to watch a movie, post it here and others will read it.

Chat here if you want, about anything since this is a social thread.

Okay, enough boring instructions, get on with it.

2. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    Dear me, all the other threads are now going to fall into oblivion... :(

I suppose we could use this board as a sort of post-it board, huh? ;)
  3. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
  4. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool! A social thread that is offically unofficially officially unofficially officially unofficially officially unofficial!

Wait.

Does that even make sense? :D

In an effort to post something social on this officially unofficially officially unoffi - never mind - thread, I shall complain. :D

I hate homework!!!

::Everyone runs away::

Hmm, perhaps that wasn't quite the best topic I could have chosen... :p

There, I'm done for the moment. I'll update when something else occurs to me. :D

Your turn. ;)

= Clare =
  5. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes! Somebody else understands! :D

I hate homework too, and I believe that even teachers hate homework as much as students. You do one assignment, they mark like the whole class worth, less the ones who didn't hand up their work on time. Now, depending on the size of the class, each home work assiagnment eats into a sizable chunk of their social life and that's my theory on why teachers are so cranky all the time.
    (A sizable chunk of them are also unmarried, which is general knowledge, but only discussed in hushed whispers deep within the bowels of the Ministry of Education)
    Back to homework.
    Home work is the bane of students everywhere.
    It's a universal conceit and in it's wake, undue stress, nervous and mental breakdowns, writer's cramp, sore eyes, sweaty palms and a severe lack of sunshine. Did I mention a lack of a social life as well? ;)
    The only people that like home work seem to be parents.
  6. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think my mum does...'cos she's the one who has to keep chasing me to do my work. ;)

Update: I still hate homework!!!

I have...let's see...Mathematics...Literature...IRS...Computer Studies...SRP...

Hmm. Five projects. Wonderful.

I'm doing the Math one now, thought I'd just pop in for a while. I can grow to hate Microsoft Excel, cars, COEs, OMVs, ARFs and all that.

::Sighs::

Don't you just love me complaining? :D

x Clare =
  7. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe we should have a 'Whine' thread. :D

Ah, you know wjat they say, "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger".

Good luck JediClare. :)
  8. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Update: I'm in school now. It's recess time, and I only have 10 minutes left. By the way, I still hate homework.

Thank you for reading. You may now exit from 'boliao mode' and return to the land of the living.

Until next time,

= Clare =
  9. hazellukeyang Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nice work DD. :)

Now besides homework, can I complain my work? ... Nah, don't want to scare you young people.

No racket? that's not an excuse. :)

10. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    No racket how to play, sia? :p

Unless you want to lend me yours, or buy me one for my birthday(soon... soon). ;)

Better post about the work, the pure horror of working life will substentially lower the drop out rate all over the island... [face_plain]
  11. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    I just want to know where everyone is living(Don't worry, I'm not going to stalk anyone... yet), so can you just say 'East', 'West', 'North' or 'South', followed by Area.

I'll go first,

East(Changi)
  12. hazellukeyang Jedi Knight

star 2
  13. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    I hope your homework's getting on ok, Clare...hey, at least you don't have to worry about second hand car prices ;)

I live somewhere in the middle...Bukit Timah there.
  14. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Valiowk - Yeah...at least I'm doing cars and not credit cards... ::Shudder::

HOORAY!!! B DIV THRASHED CHIJ TOA PAYOH 4 - 1!!! ::Dances around::

Now if only I were cheering the C Div on now...see the Whine Thread. :D

Sorry to any CHIJ Toa Payoh people here...

West (Choa Chu Kang)

= Clare =
  15. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    Very funny hazellukeyang... 'Middle Earth, which street? :p

Wow, JediClare and myself are at exact oppersite ends of the island, with Valiowk somewhere in the middle. How diverse... ;)
  16. Lee_Kuan_Yew Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can't tell you where I live for 'security' reasons. ;)

Haven't been here in awhile, it's nice to know that everyone is doing something productive.
  17. hazellukeyang Jedi Knight

star 2
    I do live in the "middle", Tiong Bahru. :D

A nice old area with a lot good food and big old market.

"productive"? you mean whine more and more? How typical!!! :D
  18. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    No whining here. [face_plain]
    All whining must be done in the *Official* Whine thread. :p

hazel, speaking about 'Middle Earth', I've tried to read LOTR again, and failed again. I swear, I can't get past the first chapter. Recently, I bought another book titled 'Ender's Game' and I finished it in one day. I have been known to be able to read anything, but the LOTR book one still eludes me... maybe I should just stick to the movies. [face_plain]

19. hazellukeyang Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey, did I mention that you MUST SKIP the chapter one? I think I did. Start reading from Bilbo's birthday party. There you go.

Can read anything huh? never say that leh, you will eat you words. :)

20. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    Anything in English. :p

I think I need help with Maths... stupid problems take me forever to solve, dammit.

Any tips for improving maths?
    I already practice whenever I can, but I don't seem to be able to absorb anything, and a problem I solved once, might stump me again later. What's going on?
    I also can't seem to keep track of all those 'Laws' and 'Rules' and 'Theorems'.

(Yes, you two RGS girls in the back, yes you... )
  21. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    ::Blinks innocently::

Who, me? :D

Seriously, don't ask me, ask Valiowk. My math is Horrendous with a capital 'H'.

I'm presently struggling with indices. ::Screams:: See my siggy. That's one of the questions I got in a math worksheet.

Bleargh.

= Clare =
  22. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    Will the real Maths Whiz please stand up?
    Please stand up.

:D
  23. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
  24. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    //stands up// ;)

No, just kidding.

Clare, did you copy the question correctly into your sig? Somehow I think that you must have copied something wrongly somewhere because I just can't get the equation to work out.

8-}
  25. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    ::points and waves frantically at Darth Destructo::

There! There's your Math Whiz! What'd I tell ya? :D

Yeah [face_blush]...corrected it. Thanks. :)

Just a pointless math question...as you've told me. :D Cancel out that and this and that...

= Clare =
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.