main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The officially unofficial social thread.

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Destructo, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Greeting everyone. I'm Gesh Bomil (Jason Gauthier) of Victoria FF, British Columbia (Canada) and i'm going to be swinging your way in a month or two. Could you possibly give me some good places to get Star Wars, Dragon 12" and Stickfas figures. Hopefully i will be in town during this possible LOR exibition. Anything else of interest would be appreciated. I should be in town for up to four days. Just PM me so i don't take up your thread if you want. I was in Singapore a few years back but had a sprained ankle so i couldn't see much of your grand city. Thanks.

Gesh

PS Good luck in your exams. Are they end year ones?

2. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Howdy and welcome Gesh...

Was up in Vancouver BC, 2 years back and love it. Even managed to drive down, hit the ferry to Vancouver Island too. Great place. :)

Anyways, I'm pretty sure you'll get loads of help looking for those 1/6 guys you want. I would like to help, but I'm alittle out of it ever since I got out of that hobby when I decided to go go 1:1 instead of 1:6. ;)

If you can, hit Bobby Rubino's at Chijmes and I'll buy you a drink after.

Stay safe.

Tim.

3. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Howdy Dude ! Welcome to SGFF ! Dude, you wanna get some figures eh ? Well, sure you could go down to TFH, The Falcons Hangar, which is rather famous in Singapore or you go to Simpy Toys. Let me warn you, there is a great shop in Singapore called Toy Box but you will never want to be there as the price of everything, I mean everything always sky rockets to a unbelievable price practically impossible to buy ! Dude, PM me for more details. Do you have a costume ? I would like to make you star in a upcoming fanfilm thats gonna be the greatest. Ah, back to the subject, you could also go to Action City, or Hourstor for the latest stuff but their prices for toys ain't as high up as Toy Box. Btw, the places I just mentioned are all in Orchard Road. Hourstor's in Clark Quay and Toy Box's in Suntec City. Yo, dude, I see your profile and you have some costumes ! Are they great ? Note : I am a collector freak that collects Stormtroopers and Big Space ships, not action fleet, like, FX-X-wing and a Millenium Falcon.
    Anyway, enjoy your self to the greenery of Singapore !!!

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi! :)

Could you possibly give me some good places to get Star Wars, Dragon 12" and Stickfas figures.

Of course, can! :D There are a number of places here that sell them, and most of them in town (Orchard Road). For a start, you can check out these main hangouts:

Hourstor
    -Clark Quay
    Website
    Action City
    -The Hereen, Orchard Road #05-K2/K3
    -Parco Bugis #??
    Website

Ultimate Toys & Collectibles
    -Midpoint Orchard #03-03 Tel: 68361826
    Website

Alaric's Collections
    -Cathay Cineleisure Orchard, #03-02 Tel: 65-6235-8201
    Website

Simply Toys
    Far East Plaza, Scotts Road
    -#03-138 Tel: 67364438 TEL: (65) 67364438
    -#01-26/28 Singapore 228213 TEL: (65) 67362038

The Falcon Hanger
    -Far East Plaza #04-104 and #04-102b Tel: (65) 235 2390
    Website

There is also TRU (Forum Shopping Mall [Orchard], United Square [Novena], Tampinese Mall [Tampinese], Jurong East) and other shopping centres (Takashimaya, OG, John Little, Robinson) here that carry SW and 12" Dragon figures but their quantity and rate of newness varies greatly (but they also got one of the best discounts sometimes!)

I can't really say which shop has the best bargain since each of them have their own pros & cons so the best thing to do is to know the basic price tags of the items you're interested in.

If you are here on a Sunday, do drop by Clark Quay from 10am-5pm near The Cannery. You can take a free feeder bus from City Hall MRT Station (St Andrews' Cathedral Exit) to there.

You can also drop by this Forum (SgCollect) to ask for more places and tips on where to go to get the best bargains on the items. ;)

5. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi Gesh,

So you're from Victoria FF, eh??
    Well, will u say Hi to my aunt & uncle for me - LOL! :p

I have relatives who live in BC, my aunt and uncle have a place in Victoria, and also an apartment in Vancouver. My cousins live in Richmond and Burnaby (sp?). They've been buggin' me forever to make a trip up there to visit them, but I just haven't had a chance to do that so far.....

Anyways, enjoy your trip to Singapore, and if you need anything while you're here, check your PM for my contact details :)

6. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    DE, you didn't post Toy Box right ? Good ! Power !

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I didn't post cause it's isn't at Far East Plaza any more. Can't remember what's the name of the shop at Suntec.

Anyhow, like I say, each collectors' shops have their own credits. Alaric used to be called the most expansive but see what happened, some people managed to get BIG bargain for some weapon replicas there. Same with Action City, of all places, I gotten the Qui-Gon Jinn lightsabres there for $11.90 each.

There is no such thing as a shop that should be avoided (okay, there was one but he had closed his shop quite sometime ago).

8. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Wow everyone. Thanks for the great info you have all given me. I look forward to dropping by in a month or two (probably closer to the two). I hope to check out all the places you;ve mentioned. They can be all done in a day right? Thanks again.

Gesh

9. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    Welcome Gesh...
    Glad to have u around!!
    If u start in the morning u should be able to vist all the places in 1 day...
    cya around...
    :)

10. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Guys... finally booked out of Tekong for the first time today (for A level results). Feels good to be back to civi life and see pretty girls - even though it's only for one day. ;)

Tomorrow morning have to book in again, so will only be back again in the weekend. :)

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So Ted, how was your results? Okay? Well, anyhow, congrates on another major exam conquered! :)

How about you, Paradoxigirl? Was what you gotten as what you expect or much better?

12. Paradoxigirl

Paradoxigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Hey there, everyone! Hope you've all been doing okay!

JaZzYjAzZ, congratulations on your return to civilisation, even if it was only for a day. Don't worry, you'll be out and about soon...on weekends, anyway. =) How were your results? Good, I'm sure. =)

Darth_Eagle, thanks for the good wishes! Yup, the results were much much better than I expected, thank goodness...if you want actual figures, just ask. =)

13. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    hey...congrads to all u O & A level people...

14. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Ok paradoxgirl, how much did you get specifically for every subject ?

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Everyone - Yay I'm back again, for about one and a half days before going back. I'm physically tired though, but it's still great to be home!

I got AAC for my 3 A level subjects, which was really better than what I expected. :)

Disappointed with my GP though - got C5. :(

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hey, that is sooo good IMHO! Congrates, Ted! :) About the GP, ya, sometimes it seems so difficult to get good grades as it's a matter of good knowledge of world issues and how you express/comment on them. Last time, I think I got C something also. :(

So to NUS or NTU or SMU after this? :D

Heehehee, Paradoxigirl, whatever it is, I'm very sure it's a LOT better than mine!

17. Paradoxigirl

Paradoxigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Hey there, all of you--I meant to do this some days back but forgot--congratulations to all result recipients, whether O or A Levels!

JaZzYjAZZ, your results are excellent! Congratulations!

I managed AABE for my A's, which was better than expected. GP was an A2.

Darth_Eagle, right now I'm waiting for the scholarship board to come back to me, and I really need the scholarship if I want to go overseas to study...I've got great offers from England and am waiting on offers from the States, just hope I can get in...

Anyhow, once again, congratulations to all of us who just got results!

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm thinking of going to the States after NS, but that's still a long long away. I still might apply for NUS first and see if I want to keep my place if I do get one. :)

Not exactly sure what I want to do though. I want to do psych or philo but those don't give good career prospects. Any ideas people?

19. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Ted, go for MBA !!!! Hahaha, J/K. Maybe you should trty out philo, quite good, or maybe be a scientist who works with plasma so that one day you will invent a real life, people killing, sound ready Lightsaber, be sure to work with lasers too for blasters and for the cutting edge technology on Lightsabers.

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I appreciate the scientific wonders and technological progress of the world, but it's not what I'm interested to study in depth, which is why I want to study arts.

paradoxigirl - Forgot my congratulations to you. Very well done indeed!

:)

Booking into Tekong in about 5 hours. [face_plain]

21. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    A bit late, but er...congrats on your better-than-expected results! :)

22. G2Jedi

G2Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Gee, when i take a look at the times you post, clare, i almost believe you're a nocturnal animal.

23. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    lolz, u think 1am is being nocturnal? i think the average sleeping time for me is 3-4am

24. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
      ^----^
     (  O O  )    |¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨|
     (    v   )    < Whoo...  |
     / \"""""" \    |________|
    (  /"""""""")
     \/""""""""/
    ==W=W===
      \     /
       VVV

:D

25. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Nice Owl ! LoL !!! :) . Faiz, for real izzit ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.