main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Old and the New...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KnightHawk, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    I will try and keep this as short as possible. PM me with any questions, or post them here in OOC, and I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

Story: The Imperial Remnant has revived the Dark Trooper project as a complement to the recently-begun Shadow Trooper project.

Information:

DT, Phase I: A robotic skeleton, with a sword and shield replacing its right and left arms, respectively. The phrik metal used in the process allows it to deflect lasers as if it were a lightsaber. It is able to effortlessly cut through many materials, even durasteel.

DT, Phase II: A mechanical stormtrooper, with 6-inch thick armor made from the same metal as the body of the Phase I. The assault rifle strapped to its body draws plasma cartridges through the power cables to the front barrel. As a back-up option, the weapon employs the use of a rocket launcher mounted above and behind the plasma cartridge launcher. A jet-pack attached to the back of the robot increases mobility.

Shadow Trooper: A suit of lightsaber-resistant cortosis-steel armor encases the warrior known only as a Shadow Trooper. Another advantage of the armor is the use of a cloaking feature, capable of making the wearer invisible during moments in which the user does not actively fight. The hole in the chest piece is large enough only for a Force crystal, which can only be removed if the wearer is killed.

Profile Sheet:

Name:
    Personality:
    Affiliation: (Republic or Empire)
    Force: (Yes or No)

If Force=Yes...
    Lightsaber #: (Up to 2)
    Lightsaber Style:
    Lightsaber Color:
    Force Side: (Light, Dark, Both)
    Force Powers: (Make a list here containing up to 5 powers. Be sure to indicate strength on a 1-3 scale)
    Force Weakness: (Here, indicate any power that you are weak against or unable to properly utilize)

Other weapons: (You may have, counting any lightsabers, a total of 4 weapons)

Bio: (Please describe your character)

2. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    OOC: Can you be characters like Luke, Anakin Solo, Jacen Solo, Jag Fel, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and others?

3. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Sorry, but I must say no.

4. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Name: Kai Halicon
    Personality: Dishevelled, jaded loner with unyeilding faith in redemption.
    Species: Human
    Home Planet: Tyrol
    Affiliation: Neutral, with Republic ties
    Force: Yes

If Force=Yes...
    Lightsaber #: One
    Lightsaber Style: Forms I,IV,V,VI & VIII. Focus on speed, power and agility.
    Lightsaber Color: Emerald green with silver traces
    Force Side: Light and Dark
    Force Powers: Speed/Jump/Agility - 2, Telepathy/Mind Trick - 3, Telekinesis - 3, Lightning/Dark Side Energy - 2, Healing - 1.
    Force Weakness: Difficulty with controlling Dark Side powers when in use. Can often lose control and damage nervous sytem. Vulnerable to emotional instability.

Other weapons: Blastech DX-44 military officer pistol, Modified Byrar Ion Shotgun, Cortosis-lined Mokari battle-spear.

Bio: A former mechanic, fighter pilot, gun-for-hire, teacher and Jedi, Kai Halicon has been a servant to both sides of the Force. He is an independent psyeudo-Jedi who acts as a Sentinel for the Jedi Concil - seeking out and protecting fledgling Force users from the tempations of the Dark Side.

A skilled warrior and user of both light and dark side powers, Halicon has a unique connnection to the Force after living amonst the Mokari tribesmen of his native Tyrol who communicate only through the Force. He spent time as a Dark Jedi in an undercover assignment to usurp the Sith. However, that period of time tainted his perception of light and dark and now Halicon finds himself questioning his allegiance to any given side.

Ultimately, he is selfless but weary of further damaging his soul. He wanders the galaxy in search of answers, hoping to provide the salvation to others that he himself seeks.

5. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Starts getting impatient.

Shameless broadcasting. Looking for members here!! Please join!!

6. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    OOC: Be patient, or I'll pick up a bounty on you... :D

Name: Prince Bain Mereel Chorz II
    Personality: Regal, a ferocious fighter
    Home Planet: Cheln
    Affiliation: Empire
    Ship: Heavily modified Sunspray-class 4EB Light Interceptor

If Force=Yes...
    Lightsaber #: Two
    Lightsaber Style: Forms I,V,VI & VII. Speed, power and agility.
    Lightsaber Color: Both Red
    Force Side: Dark
    Force Powers: Speed/Jump/Agility - 2, Telepathy/Mind Trick - 4, Telekinesis - 3, Dark Side Energy - 5, Healing - 1.
    Force Weakness: His insatiable thirst for knowledge of the Dark Side leaves Bain II open to skilled attacks from Light Side maneuvers.

Other weapons: Heavy blaster, 3 blaster pistols, blaster rifle, thermal detonators, his suit

Bio: Bain Mereel Chorz II, crown prince to his home planet Cheln, is the son of the famed Bounty Hunter and Imperial Officer Bain Mereel Chorz. After his father assumed the title of King when his father passed away, Bain II assumed his father's old career of Bounty Hunting. Bain II's bounty hunting gear consists of his suit, which looks remarkably like a mixture between Darth Vader's and Boba Fett's (his father's cousin) suits. The suit is coloured grey and black. He wears large grey gloves reminiscent of Darth Vader's and a large, flowing black cape. When the Empire Reborn Movement was first instated, Bain II was a quick follower of Lord Hethrir. Trained in the ways of the Dark Jedi Hethrir, Bain II escaped when the Waru destroyed Hethrir. He joined up with the last remnants of the Empire and took control of the Super-Star Destroyer Vengeance after it's battle with the Rebellion at the Airam Sector. Bain II patrols the Galaxy with his new Imperial crew thwarting the New Republic every chance he gets.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

And you have a horrible day :D

7. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Hmmm....not having much luck with new characters, we are.

If we don't get some new blood soon, I may forgoe my earlier application.

No reflection on you, KnightHawk; it'd appear there's minimal interest at the current time. Pity, I liked the plot idea a great deal.

8. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Admiral Mareel... You try and pick up a bounty on me and I will have a lightsaber through your spinal cord. BTW, thanks for joining.

Kai... I just answered a PM from someone ele who wanted to join and was wondering about the time period of the RPG. We might get another new member soon enough.

9. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Name: Kalai Nadair
    Personality: young jedi who's heratige was kept a secret
    Home Planet: Naboo
    Affiliation: Republic

Lightsaber :1
    Lightsaber Style: Single
    Lightsaber Color: Blue
    Force Side: Light

Force Powers:
    Force Jump/agility strength = 2
    Force Push Strength = 2
    Force Heal Strength = 1
    Force Weakness: Cannot fully execute a mind trick and is quite weak in telekenisis.

Other weapons: blaster (although she only uses it when its really necessary)

Bio:

Kalai Nadair was not raised by her natural parents, she was orphaned as a baby and taken in by a couple who lived on naboo. The adoptive parents found a message concealed in her carrier, explaining that she was force sensitive and that Kalai was never to be told. She lead a seemingly normal life until she was 13 and started to make things happen such as moving objects slightly without touching them. One day while walking home Kalai encountered a stranger in dark brown robes. He explained her jedi heritage. Kalai confronted her adoptive parents about it and the truth slowly came out. The stranger offered to take Kalai to a small jedi training academy to learn the ways of the jedi. She accepted and after 5 years became an accomplished jedi apprentice, under the instruction of other force users.

Ps. again, im quite new to this so im sorry if i mess up. you'll just have to bear with me ;)

10. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    For those of you who don't know my strange style, you will soon meet the meanest S.O.B. in the entire valley. This character, though, may seem familiar to some.

Name: Lance T. McCallister
    Code Name (optional): KnightHawk
    Personality: Cold, uncaring, disconsolate. Also purely evil.
    Home Planet: Corellia
    Affiliation: Empire

If Force=Yes...
    Lightsaber #: 2
    Lightsaber Style: Forms II, III, IV, V, VII
    Lightsaber Color: Black, with a tinge of blood-red, on both sabers.
    Force Side: Both
    Force Powers: Grip, 3; Lightning, 3; Healing, 3; Object Manipulation (internal and external), 3; Blood-Rain, 3
    Force Weakness: Unable to read minds very well. Enjoys using Grip and Lightning heavily.

Other weapons: The afore-mentioned lightsabers; M16A2/M203 combo (modified for laser/thermal detonator use); combat dagger

Bio: Born in Coronet City and trained as a soldier. Uses his soldier training in many assault raids, planning and performing with equally exceptional skill. Held rank of General, but was eventually enlisted by the highly decaying forces of the Empire, which wanted a good "clean-up" officer. So far, the personal record is set at 25 Republic outposts destroyed.

During an incident on Ithor, contact was made with the New Jedi Order. The outpost was eliminated, as planned, but not all was completed as requested. Unforeseen injuries include the loss of 10 fellow soldiers and a pair of incapacitating injuries. As replacement, said clean-up soldier bears a robotic arm and robotic eye on his right side. His anger stem from the loss of his wife during a Republic assault. Although public knowledge spreads such statement as the plan was botched, these words make little or no impact on the man who lost his one true love to the Republic, and he has made a pledge to kill all of them for what he calls a crime against his very existence.

OOC: Admiral Mareel... I must object to your current weaponry selections. You claim the use of 2 lightsabers. With that in place, only two of your alternate weapons may stay. The rest must be removed before you will be allowed into the plot. (Whenever this gets started.)

11. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Ah, excellent, new recruits. Count me in again.

12. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Name: Serin Kore
    Personality: Tries to remain calm and collect and caustious, but can let her youthful enthusiasm get the best of her at times.
    Home Planet: Corellia
    Affiliation: Republic

Lightsaber #: 2 (quite skilled at a single lightsaber, still not an expert at using both)
    Lightsaber Style: Forms 1, 3, 4 & 5 (focuses on acrobatics and speed)
    Lightsaber Color: both blue
    Force Side: Light
    Force Powers: Speed/Jump/Agility-3, Telepathy/Mind Tricks-1, Telekinesis-2, Healing-2, Jedi "Foresight" (couldn't think of a better term for it)-1
    Force Weakness: Has trouble with mental powers, can be distracted easier when concentrating on using both lightsabers

Other weapons: A small fall back blaster, rarely used...

Bio: Born on Corellia to a loving family, Serin demonstrated force skills at a young age, which led to persucution and social exile, as the empire was still in power. She was put into hiding at 6, going to live with relatives. During her years away, they received news of the death of Serin's parents. As she got older, she remembered her family, and dispite caring for her relatives, took off at 12, stowing away aboard a freighter.
    During her travels, she ended getting in contact with the blossoming new Jedi order, and finally realized her skills, training faithfully.
    Currently, she still considers herself a student, but also travels a fair amount on her own. She mixes her fashions between current ones, and the look of the Jedi of old, her dirty blonde hair braided in several places and tied back out of her clear grey/green eyes.

OOC: Hey everyone, liked the sound of this one, but if I'm spotty in my resonses, please bare with me, mostly I get on here at work...

13. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    just out of curiousity when is the time frame for this one - still post ROTJ/NJO?

14. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, I assumed it was about 7/8 years post ROTJ, because isn't that when the whole Shadow Trooper/Jedi Outcast thing is set?

15. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    I repeat, check the plot statement! The timing of this RPG is during the outbreak of the Shadow Troopers. That is all I am going to say about it.

On a different note: A few more members, and we can begin. I'd say... 2 or 3.

16. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Lord Bain Mereel Chorz II sat on the bridge of his Super Star Destroyer Vengeance. An Imperial Officer walked over to him::

Officer: We are entering the Cheln System, sir.

Bain: Very good, Lieutenant. Inform my father of our arrival in Sector 223.

Officer: Yes, sir.

::It was the first time Bain II had returned home in almost 3 years. After his failed following of Lord Hethrir, he skimmed the Galaxy, striking fear into the hearts of New Republic member-worlds throughout the Outer Rim::

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

17. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    GM Notice: Thank you for your enthusiasm, but I am waiting for a few more members before we begin. Secondly, Admiral Mareel, I am the GM of this thread, not you. Try and remember that before you begin your introductory IC post...

18. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Alright everyone...

Can you say "Power Trip"?

And, by the way... Try and spell my name correctly... :D

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

19. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Terribly sorry about the spelling error.

Keep this in mind, though: if you cross me, I'll have you off the list in a tap of the keyboard...

20. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Impossible.

The spelling error is fine, however, if you want people to post and participate in your RPG, you must treat them with respect. And also, starting the game would be fine now. I doubt two people will change it that much. I usually start as soon as people post their info. Then others will see how well it's doing and will join themselves.

Just a thought... :D

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

21. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Let's keep the flaming to a minimal, shall we? Save it for the battlefield if you could; we should all try and get along as best as possible otherwise this RPG will end up with a lock-down or users banned.

KnightHawk: I merely asked for clarification on the time frame; the plot statement doesn't actually give a chronological time placement - merely an indication of what events surround it.

I'm familiar with the EU well enough to get an idea on when this is, but others may not be so for future reference it may be an idea to reply to a simple question with a simple answer?

No offense, but posting "that is all I am going to say on it" in a somewhat annoyed/impatient context isn't exactly befitting for a GM or helpful to players who just wanted to know a minor deatil that's not really made clear in the story outline.

Admiral_JasterMereel: whether you realise it or not, you're kind of provoking KH and although I agree with what you said in your last post regarding respecting the players, I think you and KnightHawk should virtually shake hands and get back to the game?

Just suggestions guys - I mean no offense. I'd just like to get this game rolling.

It's a small playground kids - let's just try to get along.

22. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Very well then. I will offer the following compromise, but I am warning all of you already gathered here that it is not negotiable. I will start this RPG up in either a few days or when one more person registers a character, whichever comes first. It shall be understood that this RPG will start when the earlier of the two is completed. Mereel, I will consider your introductory IC post valid only when the RPG is officially started. That should save you a whil posting a new introduction. Kai, thank you for your very friendly efforts as peace-keeper in this thread.

More on this later.

23. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::eek:y Vay!::

A few days!?

It is suggested by the Council that RPG's start as soon as possible... 8-}

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

When your powers combine, I am... Admiral Mereel :D

24. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    I am over-riding it, since it is only a 'suggestion'.

25. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    'Twas a joke. (thus the 8-})

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

When your powers combine, I am... Admiral Mereel :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.