1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive The Old and the New...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KnightHawk, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-WingsRule Jedi Master

star 4
    "What I wouldn't give for a DEMP2 gun..." Ilyx muttered, as he began to weave in and out of the various trees that populated the area, trying to distract the walker's fire long enough to work out a plan. Turning to Kalai, he shouted,

"If we can, let's try and capture it intact. There may be more of these out there, and I don't want to have to do this again!"

Diving for cover as a rocket steamed towards him, Ilyx didn't hear Kalai's reply. Squeesing off a few shots at the walker, Ilyx watched as they were deflected effortlessly from the heavyly armoured body.

"This is not good!"

TAG: All
  2. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC:

I'll post tomorrow. From what I've seen, I can safely say that all of the active members ehre are VERY creative.

I like that a lot.
  3. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Fully agree, 'Hawk. This has the makings of an RPG that will list a while, *fingers crossed*.

IC: (as the padawans) Camden and Liana appeared on the horizon, only to see the large looming form of the AT-ST firing a volley of shots at Ilyx and Kalai who were ducking and dodging between trees.

Upon seeing the Jedi apprentices, the mechanical war-machine trained it's dual mounted nose-cannons on the duo. A barrage of heavy blaster fire rained down upon them but Camden's lightsaber was in hand, the blue blade reflecting a couple of the shots away from him. Being more powerful than standard issue bolts, the force of the beams knocked Camden to his knees and he did not have time time to defend against a third.

Liana moved with fluid grace, going through a series of flips and cartwheels before grabbing Camden by his poncho and pulling him from harm's way. They landed in a mess of robes and limbs not far from Ilyx and Kalai.

"Thanks!" Camden remarked and Liana flashed her young friend a fanged grin. They dashed over to where there two companions were.

"Ilyx! Any suggestions?!" Liana called over blaster fire.

Tag: A-WingsRule.

4. A-WingsRule Jedi Master

star 4
    "OK, Cam, Liana, we're gonna try and capture this thing!"

The pair nodded, and immediatley ran over towards the walker, double-jumping through the air, landing on top of the walker. It stopped firing at Kalai and Ilyx, but a new danger emerged, climbing out of the AT-ST's cockpit.

A pair of Shadowtroopers, each one weilding a pair of double-bladed lightsabers.

With a blinding flurry of slashes Cam and Liana were thrown from the walker, landing at the feet of Ilyx and Kalai. As the young Jedi prepared to duel, Ilyx checked over the fallen pair. They were alright, and got up immediatley, eager to fight.

The first ST retreated, diving back into the walker, and using it to give his comrade cover. Meanwhile, the remaining trooper extended all four blades and advanced on the quartet of Republic heroes menacingly.

This was going to be tricky...

TAG: Kai, Leigh
  5. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi guys im back! I never wanna go camping again after the weekend ive had lol anyway, Looks like ive got a lot to catch up on...

IC - Kalai had decided to accompany Ilyx, truding through the swamps, they came across a remenant landing pod. Trooper bodys littered the floor.

"Nice landing..."

She heard Ilyx mumble

"Looks like they didn't quite complete the landing program on these things."

Suddenly Kalai tensed as something in the pod moved .Reaching for her lightsaber seconds before the huge form of an AT-ST reared up from the wreckage, all guns and rockets blazing

"This is not good!"

Ilyx yelled he took a few potshots at it with his blaster, only to see them deflected back

"If we can, let's try and capture it intact. There may be more of these out there, and I don't want to have to do this again!"

He yelled to her as he dived for cover. Suddenly Kalai felt the presence of Kai's apprentices. Camden deflected some bolts but was knocked back, only to be helped out by Liana.

"Ilyx! Any suggestions?!"

Liana shouted over the blaster fire

"OK, Cam, Liana, we're gonna try and capture this thing!"

In an instant the young apprentices sprang up at the AT-ST but were thrown back down by the shadow troopers who were controlling it. Ilyx checked Camden and Liana for any injuries but they seemed fine.

"There gonna make a great pair of knights. Kais taught them well"

She thought to herself, only to be brung back to reality as the first ST retreated, diving back into the walker, and the remaining trooper extended all four blades and came towards them. Noticing that the AT-ST and ST was close to a large group of tall strong trees, an idea sprung to mind.

"Camden, Lia cover Ilyx. I have an idea. A little crazy but it just might work. But you've got to be ready! Find a safe place and I'll contact you when its all clear"

With that, Kalai went into a run, Using the force to increase her speed she ran into the trees. The DT and AT-ST spotted her and followed.Making sure that both enemies could still see her. Looking up, she saw a large thick branch

"That looks good"

She thought to herself, force jumping up and crouching close to the treetrunk, Getting her saber ready as the AT-ST and DT came dirrectly beneath it.

"Looking for me?"

She yelled. The AT-ST fired a series of bolts. With the limited amount of space to work on, Kalai ignited her saber and cut through the large branch, sending it crashing down towards the enemies.The severed branch plummeted down and knocked the AT-ST over and made the ST dive for cover. Sprawled on the ground, Loosing two of its sabers in the process. Jumping down, the crystal in its chest was shattered by her lightsaber and taken out by it.

Catching her breath, she sent a message through the force

"Camden? Liana? The AT-ST has been disabled, make your way to my location. Its a little far but be careful!"

Looking at the Fallen AT-ST, she cautiously made her way towards it. "Maybe the other trooper damaged itself in the fall" She said to herself. She opened the hatch and the ST was slumped forward, out cold. Backing off she had no time to react to the vibroblade which slammed into her back. Falling to the ground she was grabbed by an imperial officer with a ysalamari sitting on his shoulder and a fresh group of troopers.
    "Smart move young jedi, But not good enough. Take her to the ship"
    She struggled in vain, but then everything faded to black

Tag - All

whew that took me ages to write hehe
  6. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC:

Lance ran through the building until he came across the doorway to the courtyard where he had been in his fatal fight earlier that day. It was night time, or so he suspected, and that gave him a horribly dark advantage. As quick as he could, he ran over to where his ship was parked. It was as usual: hidden in darkness so as to be invisible to the naked eye. He felt a strange presence in the Force as he opened the landing ramp, as of someone being deprived of their Jedi abilities.

As soon as he was in the cockpit, Lance checked all the systems on board. Everything worked perfectly. Excellent! he thought to himself. He then took off to find where the AT-ST incident had occurred, praying that he was not too late.

EDIT: More IC...

IC:

Lance set his ship down near a busted AT-ST, and noticed a faint Shadow Trooper on the ground nearby. It was dead, and its crystal had been gouged out. Beyond it was a large set of footprints. He ran out of his ship and began following the footprints, using the Force to quiet his movements. Thank God they're so far ahead! he thought. Within five minutes, though, he came upon them. They had just hidden behind a ship that was guarded by what looked like three Reborn. Each one carried a dual-sided sword. Sithspit! Lance flipped on his sabers and charged, determined to rescue the Jedi Knight and get out of the area quickly. For some unknown reason, his desire to kill had been growing with each passing second. Right now, it was at its peak.

7. KissSpooky Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC: Some great posts everyone! :)

IC: Serin had wandered the halls of the academy for a number of hours already....she was dirty, her clothes were ripped...and she felt powerful.

In the back of her mind, a little voice kept telling her to calm down, to refind her centre, that this wasn't her, that she was doing exactly what her masters had always warned about, but she shushed it. She had taken out almost 2 squads worth of troopers with few marks to show for it...how could that be a bad thing?

Her hands shook, and she felt a little dizzy. I think I hit my head colliding with that last trooper...should really sit down for a few moments... She thought to herself. She was about to take her own advice when she suddenly had a flash of vision...

Kalai, Ilyx and the apprentices against a...AT-ST! Kalai, off on her own....she got it! But...no...someone behind her....look out!!

And like that, the vision was over. In a flash, Serin was off, running to find the nearest exit, letting out a banshee wail of all her rage, all her sorry, all her worry as she went..."No, no, no, not another one, I'm coming!"

Making a corner, there was another trooper down the hall. Instantly in battle mode, she thumbed on her original lightsaber (absurdly, in the back of her mind, trying to count the number of times she'd done that already today), leaving Kai and Bal's on her belt for speed's sake. She didn't have the time to waste on his particular drone. Launching herself into a sommersault, she swung at the trooper. At the very last second, she let out a startled cry as she felt a sharp, burning pain across her back.

Landing nearby in something between a collapsed heap and a crouch, Serin blinked back bitter tears as she looked up at her opponent, the eyes of the Shadowtroopers blank, black mask revealing nothing. Clenching her teeth as she stood up into a high guard position, Serin was confused when the troopers gaze didn't follow her. Until it dropped to it's knees and collapsed, it's head rolling a foot or two down the hallway.

Letting out a pained sigh, Serin closed her eyes to judge the wound to her back. From where and the way it hurt, she didn't think it was very deep, but that it went the entire length of her back. Cursing herself for her stupidity, she thought Can't let this slow me down....gotta get to the others....

Suddenly there was a sound behind her. Serin brought her lightsaber up in an instant, and swung it around....right at Kai!

TAG: Kai

OOC: Thought I'd step up the reuniting... :D
  8. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: For the record, anyone is free to use Camden and Liana as they see fit - you can use their characters to any extent. The only restriction I have is that neither of them is to be killed without my consent, but injuries and the like are fine.

IC: Still on his search for Serin and Mira, Kai had found his way into the training arena of the complex. His telepathy was off-balance at the moment due to the insidious amount of enemies in the locality. As such, they were confusing his psionic ability and he was now able to sense them when they were within a short range. However, the gash to his side was beginning to seal and he felt much more alert physically.

The Jedi stepped into the large training arena and sighed as he saw the still form of what appeared to be young girl, possibly in her early teens. Her long black hair was braided padawan style and she wore a grey tunic and short cloak. Kai approached her and knelt at her side. He felt a stirring in the Force and touched the child's face. Her thick eyelids fluttered and parted, revealing turquoise eyes.

"....pleae.....don't kill me...." She muttered, her voice raspy.

Kai took his coat off and wrapped it around the girl and picked her up. He carried he over to the side of the one of the mock-buildings in the arena and lay her gently on the surface of the structure. She may not of recognised him as a Jedi given his non-generic clothing.

"Shhhh. I'll do no such thing. My name is Kai - I'm a Jedi, like you. I've come to help you. What's your name?"

The girl coughed as she replied. Kai scanned her tired form - she was only superficially injured with cuts and bruises but it looked like she'd taken a bit of a beating and been left for dead.

"Raya. Raya Lycan. Are you Kai Halicon? The Jedi Sentinel?"

Kai nodded. The Jedi Sentinel was a term he'd been tagged with after his return to the order after his time with the Dark Side. Kai had kind of taken in on himself to abolish the remains of the Sith and seek out new Force users throughout the galaxy. The plan often got sidetracked but it had given him something a of reputation amongst the Jedi students in the Academy. Some of them revered him for being the youngest Jedi Master currently in service, others feared him for his abilities to used the Dark Side. In many ways, Kai was still striving for redemption.

"Wow. You're really young to be a Master..... but you've seen a lot, haven't you?." She said, scanning his visage. His face was relatively youthful despite the growth of stubble on his jaw. She seemed to be focused on the right eye, withe the asterisk-shaped scar around the eyelids.

Kai smiled.

"You're telling me. Raya - what happened to you?"

"Their was an invasion - massive conflicts. Some of us tried to get out using the tunnels underneath the Academy but there was a battle and lots of us........didn't make it."

The Jedi Master felt his heart sink. So many children, so much death.

"Where is everyone else, Raya?"

"I don't know. Some made it offworld, others ran into the woods. Most of the instructors were targeted first and it left the place in chaos."

"Hmmm.... sounds like it was well organised."

"Yes. What are those things that attacked us, Master Halicon? Some of them looked like Jedi, the others were machines."

"They're evil, Raya. It doesn't matter what they are. All that does matter is that we're going to try and not let anyone else fall victim to them....."

The Jedi paused. Something was amiss. Raya looked around, her turquoise eyes wide with a sense of fear. There was something stirring above them.

Kai reacted without thinking. His lightsaber was off his belt in a heartbeat, the green blade illuminating his form as two more Reborn, clad in blue and grey fell from the ceiling, red blades lit. Kai pushed back Raya into the corner of the structure and ran at the reborn. His saber met with the first one's blade and their was a clash of sparks. The Jedi ducked low and swept, his right leg taking ou
  9. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Posting again to keep in continuity with KissSpooky's last post - we must of been composing at around the same time and I must of posted after her.

:D

IC: Kai and Raya had only moved short distance from their previous location when the Jedi Master sensed the approach of someone nearby. He motioned to Raya to stay back a few metres, which the girl did so willingly.

As he rounded the corner, he was surprised to come face to face with the blade of lighsaber, Serin's determined face on the other end of the weapon.

Her attack was already in motion and the Jedi barely had time to flip sidedways out of harm's way before the saber would of tagged him across the throat. He scanned his ally; she seemed rigid and worn, her robes were torn in places and Kai instantly sensed a strong sense of power coursing through her, more so than he'd initially felt on Fest.

She was a little disorientated and Kai went to her side and propped her up against the wall. He felt blood on his fingertips and found a long gash trailing her back; it was not deep but it ran close to her spine and if it had cut any deeper, she might of been dead. The Jedi put his left hand on her face, feeling the warmth of her cheekbones. He brushed a strand of hair from her face and looked at her eyes. They were a little dialated and Kai could tell she'd been involved in a skirmish or two. He slid her down to sit on the floor and deactivated the saber in her hand. The Jedi noted his one was still at her side, along with a hilt of unknown origin.

"Serin.....Relax. Where'd you go? I got a flash of some strong emotions from you before. What's happened?"

Tag: KissSpooky

10. Mirax-Terrik Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mira....please....go. I don't want you to get hurt. Trust me.

Mira had been hesitant to leave Kai to the Reborn. But the intense, pleading look in his eyes somehow sent her away. She had turned and fled the room. She had been searching for Serin for a good while. And she still hadn?t seen any sign of the young woman. Luckily she hadn?t seen any of the Reborn or any Shadow Troopers. By now she had traveled several floors below where she had left Kai; unsure of what to do she reached for her comlink and thumbed it on and spoke into it

?Kai, this is Mira. I haven?t been able to find Serin. Where are you and what do you want me to do??

Tag-KissSpooky, Kai
  11. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    The comlink on Kai's wrist vibrated and the Jedi touched the answer switch lightly. Mira's familiar voice came over the static and Kai was thankful she'd not run into any trouble.

"Mira - I'm with Serin and a padawan I dound in the training centre. It doesn't appear there's any more survivors that I can sense but the Force around here is distrubed so I can't be sure. I'm going to take Serin and get to the hanger bay - it's nice and easy to locate and there's a couple of speeder bikes if we need to get out of here. I'll meet you there."

He called out to Raya with the Force and the girl appeared from the shadows. Kai helped Serin up and they started off to the hanger after a quick introduction. Kai was beginning to wonder how Ilyx, Kalai and his two apprentices were. The whole trip, Raya gripped at his coat sleeves. It was kind of cute but he really couldn't take on another apprentice. Regardless, the little padawan had impressed him and Kai promised himself he would do his best to protect her.

He thought of KnightHawk for a second and wondered how he'd managed to arrange his return to the living....

Tag: All

12. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC: On that tpoic, Kai... It'll be in my IC post tomorrow morning. Thanks for asking.

See y'all tomorrow, guys. Creativity here looks awesome!

:) :)
  13. KissSpooky Jedi Knight

star 2
    Serin was almost relieved as Kai helped her to sit. She felt almost like an outsider as she watched him switch off her lightsaber, and couldn't help but notice him eye his former saber, and Bal's. Nearby there was a young girl...Serin thought her name might be Raya or something. She'd seen the girl around, and met her once or twice, but it didn't really go beyond that...

"Serin.....Relax. Where'd you go? I got a flash of some strong emotions from you before. What's happened?" Kai was asking her...she was having trouble focusing.

"I...I went looking for someone..." The young Jedi said, amazed at how hoarse she sounded. Thinking about who she was after, Serin's lip started to quiver and the accursed tears started flowing again. "I was looking for..." She tried to say, but the words wouldn't work...biting back the rage at the very thought of the monsters she'd been dealing with, Serin shot Kai a dark look of all the anger she'd been feeling, and sent him a flood of images...

First, memories of Bal, and then how she found him, and then her activities of the past hours....how she'd tortured one reborn, crippled another and left him to drag his way anywhere he could reach, all the horrible things she had done in only a manner of hours, finishing with nearly taking Kai's head off

Giving Kai a second to take it all in, Serin hoped it wasn't too much for him, and especially that it wasn't too much for Raya, being in such close proximity, but unfortunately, the young girl was in tears as Serin glanced her way, and looked about ready to scream. Still, looking back at Kai, she had to make the point, in a very dark voice..."They got what they deserved."

Just then, Serin's entire mood seemed to change, "By the force, I almost forgot! Kalai! We have to get to her, now!"

"Kai, this is Mira. I haven?t been able to find Serin. Where are you and what do you want me to do?"

TAG: Kai, Mirax
  14. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    As Kai and Serin made their way through the academy, the Jedi could not help but ponder on the flood of images Serin had shared with him. It was if her normally composed and balanced manner had snapped, turning her into the somewhat volatile woman he saw before him. He felt his heart sink in his chest somewhat. It was hard for him to digest such emotions.

These raw feelings of grief, anger and sorrow..... they're the same ones I embraced when I turned.

Serin had just shared the news that Kalai had been captured and Kai and her were on the way to the spot where Ilxy and the padawans last were when battling the AT-ST, just outside the academy. Kai had hoisted Raya onto his back as the girl was nowhere near as nimble as the two Jedi, who both ran with a fluid determination.

Kai spoke into his comlink and radioed Mira.

"Change of co-ordinates Mira; meet us in the western entrane to the complex on the forrest borederline. Call me if you get into any trouble. I've got you locked telepathically but there's interference from Reborn around so I can't get a permament lock. Be careful."

They reached the courtyard just before the entrance and Kai halted. He motioned to Serin to stop and he placed Raya on the ground, the young girl never straying from his side.

He decided it was time to tell Serin about his concerns.

"Serin..... I know we've not known each other long, but I'm getting all these mixed feelings from you now. You're jaded by Bal's death and it's affecting your signature in the Force....."

He paused for a moment to allow the female Jedi to let it sink in.

"....when I was twenty, I was a pilot in New Republic's Archangel Squadron after leaving the Jedi Academy post-graduation. I took some leave to visit my family and friends back on my homeworld, Tyrol. Looking back now, I was mixed up and confused which didn't help. When i arrived home, I found my two best friends from childhood slaughterd by bounty hunters who'd been hired to kill them by a Sith Lord who was trying to recruit me to the Dark Side....."

He bit his lip as he recalled those awful times.

"....I slaughtered those bounty hunters by hand with the power of the Dark Side..... much the same way you slew those Reborn. It was the start of my turn to the Dark Side of the Force. Though I eventually recovered and was allowed back into the order, the Dark Side has tainted me; I hear it calling whenever my emotions conflict on anything. Over the past four years, I've learned to control it as best I can, but for a while, I was a Dark Jedi, if not a Sith Lord in training."

The Jedi bowed his head slightly and his right eye flashed red.

"I just don't want to see you go down the same path. From what I've seen, you've got a lot of potential and I could forsee you becoming a great Master one day, sooner than you may think."

Raya took Kai's hand again and the Jedi smirked, a boyish grin. He put a hand on Serin's shoulder and looked at her.

"The way I see it, the Force guides us to our own separate destinies. But in the finer scheme of details, we're allowed to point the direction in which it faces at times during pivotal points in our lives. It's important that we recognise those points and make judgments that affect our future accordingly. The native tribesmen of my world have a saying that reiterates what i've just said - ki'ayn lioth, shi'oh nasar - it translates as many paths, one choice. I'm not accusing you of anything, but I do feel that you're......less focused that you were a few hours ago. Just take in what I've said and don't forget that your friends are here for you."

With that, Kai took step again, leading Raya down the path that would take them to where the AT-ST had been felled.

Tag: KissSpooky.

OOC: Perhaps that was a bit ..... melodramatic......but SW is the epitome of space-opera after all.

:D
  15. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Kalai woke up in a small cell. She felt weak, lightheaded and disorientated. Her utility belt with all her equipment and lightsaber was gone

"Where am I? Argh my head!"

She said to herself as she tryed to stand up, but her legs turned to jelly and she fell back down. Trying to reach out to the force, there was nothing.

"Damn. They must of drugged me!"

"Ahhh. I see our guest is awake"

A voice said through the darkness

"Who are you?"

She demanded as the cell door opened. Through her blurry vision she saw a sillouette of a man and 4 troopers in the doorway, All with a ysalamari

"That is none of your business my dear"

"Your attacking a jedi training facility, therefore it is my business!"

She said sourly

"As I said before its none of your concern"

He paced around her, the troopers keeping their blasters fixed on her

"But what I do want to know, is why you are here. And I know that you have accomplices. Where are they and who are they?

"Like Im going to tell you, you nerfherder!"

"Tisk, Tisk. Terrible the way young women speak these days"

He reached down and pulled her up, Twisting her arm behind her back. Kalai gave a cry of pain.

"Looks like your a defient one, no matter..."

He pulled a blaster from a holster and struck her at the base of the head before throwing her against the cell wall.

"Maybe you will be persuaded to talk later"

He said mockingly. The last thing Kalai saw before the darkness took her again was the door of the cell close....

Tag - All
  16. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC:

Lance stood in the courtyard, his two lightsabers glowing an eerie blood-red shine. The darkness had left his weapons, but not his soul, and a dark fire burned into his heart with the memories of the agreement that would sting him for all time. I will never see my wife again! he thought to himself, close to tears over the fact. In a flash, he ran past the three Reborn, dropping fireballs over them to ensure that they would be incapacitated when he returned. Only one survived the onslaught.

The prison camp was another story in itself. So many doors, so little time. He overheard an officer throwing someone to the far wall of a prison cell, and immediately knew who the prisoner was without reaching into the Force. He turned the hall and slaughtered the officer. After that, he opened the door. "Hello, Kalai. Good to see you."

TAG: Kalai
  17. Mirax-Terrik Jedi Knight

star 2
    "Change of co-ordinates Mira; meet us in the western entrane to the complex on the forrest borederline. Call me if you get into any trouble. I've got you locked telepathically but there's interference from Reborn around so I can't get a permament lock. Be careful."

Mira was relieved that Kai was alive, and that he had found Serin. She walked quietly to the lift and selected the ground floor. While in the lift she checked her blaster?s power pack, luckily it was fully charged.

A few moments later the doors opened Mira stepped out hastily with pointing her blaster at various points. Only when it seemed the vicinity was clear did she continue around the Jedi academy. She walked towards the western entrance keeping her blaster ready.

Tag-Kai, KissSpooky
  18. A-WingsRule Jedi Master

star 4
    Dashing towards the AT-ST, Ilyx, Cam and Liana arrived just in time to see an Imperial entourage leave the scene - Ilyx couldn't see if Kalai was with them, but he had a sure feeling that she'd been captured. Ushering the two eager Jedi back with his hand, Ilyx scoped out the situation.

"Alright, there are two solutions to this situation. What I want to do, and what we will do. What I want to do is run up, blast all of those Imps and get back Kalai. But if we do that, all that will be left of us is a smouldering pile of ash. What we will do is drop a thermal detonator into that walker."

"What?" screamed Liana, horrified at slagging the vehicle.

"Imperial procedure doesn't involve leaving valuable items around for troublemakers like us to walk up and pinch. It's got to be a trap - reach out with your Jedi force."

Liana's eyes closed, and she opened them a second later. "Yes," she agreed, "They have a Shadow trooper inside."

Ilyx nodded, confirming his thoughts. "OK, the Imps have cleared the area. Commence operation: Shadow Vape!"

Cam shook his head at the less-than-hilarious name, before dashing towards the walker, detonator in hand. In a flash, the top of the ship had been vaporised, the advanced ST with it.

Running towards Cam, Ilyx thought up a plan. The legs were still intact, and the head looked salvagable...

"Cam, Liana, see if you can scrounge some control boards out of the wreckage. I'll get to work wiring up these legs - we'll make a land walker out of this junk yet."

One hour later, the hodge-podged set of walking legs was carrying Ilyx, Camden and Liana towards the army of Dark Troopers.

And their destiny...

TAG: Everybody
  19. Admiral_JasterMereel Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Who is controlling the Darktroopers? I've contacted them many posts back...

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++
  20. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC:

Since I had my character transfer control of the project over to A-Wings, I think it's his tag to pick up on. However, if you want a message from the launch ship, I'll fill in for that.

EDIT: Oh, the Hell with it!

GM:

"Prince Bain, this is Corporal Brooks of the ISD Devastator. It's a pleasure to speak with you again. We have just apprehended two fighter pilots who attacked an Imperial shuttle that was attempting to leave this sector. What would you like us to do with them, sir?"

TAG: AJM
  21. KissSpooky Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC: KnightHawk, not to tell you what to do or anything, but it may kill the drama if you just go in and slaughter everyone, without being able to be defeated.
    If nothing else, Leigh said Kalai was being held surrounded by ysalamari. If the dark side's all that's keeping Lance alive right now, wouldn't it affect his health some? Just a thought... :)

IC: As the trio stepped away from the courtyard, on their way towards the fallen AT-ST, Serin considered what Kai had said, her head down.

Glancing down at Raya, who clamped herself to the Jedi Master like he was her parent, she had trouble picturing the Dark Jedi he'd described only a moment before. When the young Jedi-student looked at her, however (and quickly looked away), she saw it...fear. Fear of Serin! And with that, she Kai had been right...still...she wasn't about give up quite so easily...

"You're probably right, Kai. In part. I am different. I've never felt this way...not when my parents were killed...not when I was out on my own and used by pirates...not when I was at my weakest. Now I don't feel weak. I feel strong. Like I can take out the entire force threatening this planet with energy to spare."

Stopping Kai with a hand on his shoulder, Serin looked into his eyes with a no-nonsense, dead serious look, but still allowed a little tenderness to show through. "You spoke of destiny. Maybe this is mine, maybe this is supposed to happen. Or maybe this is my choice, who knows. I've been thinking a lot the past couple hours...when I've had a moment to do so. There are no absolutes. That's the divine truth of the universe we keep missing! No blacks or whites, just shades of grey..."

Sighing, Serin turned away, partly because she didn't really want to hear a reprimand about the Dark Side, partly because she heard something. Something that sounded like an Imperial AT-ST.

Running over a hill, Serin saw the walker heading away from her. It looked like it had suffered explosive damage. It must have been the one Kalai had dealt with...they must have gotten it back up and running. The remnant must be worse off than we expected if they need to try and fix up their equipment on the fly like that...well, with it in that shape, shouldn't take too long to take out. Serin thought to herself.

"Kai, look, it's the AT-ST the others were dealing with, but there's no sign of them. We should take it out before it can do anymore damage."

OOC: Nothing says melodrama like rants about the nature of good and evil...and preparing to blow up an AT-ST while unaware your friends are at the controls. :p :D
  22. Admiral_JasterMereel Force Ghost

star 4
    Bain: Brooks, I would like you to hand them over to me. They are responsible for killing my strike team and my... my father.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++
  23. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC, to KissSpooky: Well, I should explain a little bit. The Dark Side is what brought Lance back from the grave, but is not his life force. As for the Ysalamiri... I am assuming that their radius of effect is limited to the detention cell. Furthermore, by holding off my injuries until later, I give myself a chance to squeeze in the people who signed themselves up as assasins in the employment of the Remnant. Just a counter-thought. :)

GM:

"Understood, sire." The corporal then turned to the second-in-command of the ship. "Commander, load the two prisoners onto a shuttlecraft with a detachment of some of our stormtroopers. They are to be sent to our friend Bain immediately."

IC:

Lance started to walk into the prison cell, and was immediately slammed by a strange shock wave of some kind. He felt his power leave him slightly, and his suspicions were confirmed when he tried to ignite a fireball in one of his hands. Sithspit! he thought to himself. Damned Ysalamiri! He grabbed his friend and carefully hauled her out of the room. Getting out of here, he thought to himself, is going to be Hell. He quickly brought his rifle up for cover fire as he headed out of the cell and into the hallway.

Eventually, he came upon a line of stormtroopers. They were nothing a rifle-propelled thermal detonator couldn't handle, but the blast was very potent, sending debris almost everywhere. A part of the ceiling almost fell on Lance and his friend, just barely missing them. "Holy (censored)!"

When they got to the doorway to the forests of Yavin, the entire base was on red alert. Unfortunately for the Remnant soldiers, a landspeeder was nearby, and Lance struggled with all of his might to get himself and his friend aboard. When the walker was halfway to the Avenger, Lance let out a scream of pain and slumped behind the controls. The speeder crashed into a nearby tree, but fortunately didn't explode, due to the excessive armor plating it had.

TAG: AJM, either one of the Imperial Assasins.
  24. Admiral_JasterMereel Force Ghost

star 4
    ::The Shuttle exited the airspace of the Devastator and floated towards the loomin fleet headed by the Vengeance. The Shuttle landed in the docking bay and was greeted by Bain and Taryn::

Bain: Well, finally I have you. You do know what you were doing, do you not?

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++
  25. KissSpooky Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC, to KissSpooky: Well, I should explain a little bit. The Dark Side is what brought Lance back from the grave, but is not his life force. As for the Ysalamiri... I am assuming that their radius of effect is limited to the detention cell. Furthermore, by holding off my injuries until later, I give myself a chance to squeeze in the people who signed themselves up as assasins in the employment of the Remnant.

OOC:Sounds good to me :)

Sadly, I don't have anything creative to add right now...at least not until people follow up to my last post...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.