main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Old and the New...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KnightHawk, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai panned around to see the looming form of the AT-ST lumbering away from their position. There was a minor trail of blue smoke eminating from from the undercarriage and the walker looked like it'd been victim to some sort of pyrotechnic assault.

Kai knelt down beside Raya.

"Raya, go and hide over there. Stay put until I call for you." Kai said, motioning to a large group of bushes on the fringe of the forrest.

"But I want to help...."

Kai smiled warmly.

"I know, but it's just too dangerous for you. Please stay out of sight. I'll be back for you in a few moments."

The girl nodded reluctantly, her braided hair shaking about. She looked in Serin's direction and shirked back abruptly. Evidently, she seemed quite unnerved by Kai's fellow Jedi. Then again, he himself had to admit that her more recent actions were a cause for concern but he'd said more than enough and was loathsome to banter on anymore about it.

"Shall we?" Kai asked Serin as Raya dived into the pile of scrub. The Jedi Master switched to telepathy to continue.

I suggest we flank it from either side, one high, one low. I'll go low and try and to distract it if you want to commandeer the cockpit.

With that, the two Jedi became a blur as they bolted towards the walker, Kai through the forrest and Serin on the overhead ridge. Kai reached it first and flanked it, coming around to its starboard side. The Jedi's lightsaber was in his and and he was about to thumb the activator when the Force told him to belay that.

He stepped out in front of the walker, seemingly oblivious to the danger he was placing himself in. Raya looked on in horror as the AT-ST trudged onwards, about to crush the darkly-clad Jedi. She was about to cry out when the beaten-up technological terror stopped dead in its tracks just metres from where the Jedi stood.

There was an amused look on Kai's face as he heard the servomotors screech to a halt and the walker looked down upon him. He grinned and crossed his arms, speaking telepathically.

I see you've been tinkering around with machines again Camden.

There was a pause, followed by the sound of the cockpit hatch griding open. Camden appeared, wearing a communicator headset and grease marks on his cheeks. The padawan smirked like a Chesire cat as he climbed out the cockpit.

"Hey! I was just about to contact you! Kalai's been captured by Remnant forces that are based due north of here. We were about to go and locate her."

Kai rubbed his jaw, feeling the whispy stubble that had grown over the last day or two.

"Alright. We need to figure out a plan."

Tag: All

2. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Kalai could taste blood in her mouth as she gained consiousness again. Opening her eyes, she found herself lying amidst wreckage of what looked like a landspeeder. Trying to get onto her hands and knees, she was rocked by a sharp pain in her left arm, which was cut up and bruised quite badly. Putting her hand to her head, she found a deep cut just above her eyebrow. Using a tree for support, she stood up and looked about. Then she saw him. Knighthawk slumped over the controls of the speeders remains.

"Lance! I...I thought he was dead!"

She thought to herself as she struggled towards him, Pulling him off the remains of the speeder with her good arm and lying him down against a growth of bushes which was nearby

"C'mon Lance. Give me a sign here!"

She said quietly. Hearing the sound of footsteps coming in their direction ...

Tag - Knighthawk, the assassins

OOC - Knighthawk, just outta interest, have you PM the two assasins to join in at this point?

3. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC: Heres my solution to the DarkTrooper problem. Exactly half of the troopers deployed by me are under my command, the other half under AJM's. The reason for this, whether it be progamming glitches or otherwise, is as yet undisclosed (mainly because I haven't figured it out yet).

IC: Arriving at the temple courtyard, Ilyx leapt into command, ordering a legion of DTs to march towards the temple. Strangely, only half of the warriors followed, but Ilyx paid the rest no heed.

Shoddy Imperial technology - I'd expect no less from Palpatine!

Approaching the great temple doors, Cam and Liana moved into a flanking position, while Ilyx assumed rearguard.

The army moved into position, aimed their destructive blasters, and fired several rockets at the huge stone doors that barred their entry.

Amidst the smoke and debris, Ilyx couldn't quite make out if the wall had been breached, but instead dived to the floor as a hail of laser fire erupted all around him.

Firing a few shots through the haze, he made out a few basic Reborn leaping from the many crevices in the aincient temple, accompanied by what looked like combat droids - obviously kept in the temple for training purpouses, reprogramed by it's new occupants.

This was going to be harder than Ilyx had thought.

TAG: Everybody, AJM to deal with the other half of DTs

4. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Just replying to the tag one post earlier...

IC:

Lance woke up with a strange sensation that he was dead again. As the pain from the crash set in, he realized that he was still alive. He slowly rose up, his anger growing in leaps and bounds never felt before. He opened one of his pockets and took a med-kit out of it, and then handed it to Kalai. "Here," he muttered. "You look half-dead."

He then looked at the assassin who had launched the attack on them. He suddenly felt a sharp stinging pain in his back, similar to a laser bolt through the shoulder. He felt his back and noticed that there was indeed a laser hole in his left shoulder. He grabbed his two lightsabers, anger inside growing as blood and sweat mixed together outside. A black fire burned around him, energized by the darkness within. He yelled violently at the assassin, his rage constantly increasing. "You want to attack me, that's fine. You try and kill a friend of mine, and I have no choice but to DESTROY YOU!!" The two blades leapt forward, both shining a haunting blood-red. Lance then charged forward, his swords glowing with their desire to kill someone.

TAG: Jedi_padawan_leigh, either of the two assassins.

OOC: Sent the PMs this morning.

5. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Kalai breathed a sigh of relief when knighthawk opened his eyes. Even without her connection to the force, she could tell his anger and rage was growing out of control. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small med pack

"Here,"..."You look half-dead."

She accepted it but didn't have time to use it just yet, As Lance spotted a stranger who had inflicted a nasty looking blaster wound to his shoulder and possibly caused the speeder crash

"You want to attack me, that's fine. You try and kill a friend of mine, and I have no choice but to DESTROY YOU!!"

He ignited his sabers and started to charge towards them!

"Lance! Stop!"

Kalai yelled as she ran after him. Grabbing one of his arms

"Your badly wounded! You can't do this! Your just gonna come out worse than you already are"

She paused and looked at the nasty looking array of weapons and equipment the stranger possessed

"Please listen to me!"

She pleaded.

6. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: ?? I think you might of missed my last post, A-WingsRule. I'm a little confused - I thought KissSpooky and I had just found you in the AT-ST and now there seems to be an assault going on.

:confused:

Okay, I'll go under the assumption that we made our way to bust out Kalai, but I'll probably wait for KissSpooky and Mirax-Terrik to post again before I do anything.

BTW, Started a new RPG - all are welcomed and encouraged to join. Should be on the board later today.

7. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance felt a small tug at his arm, but brushed it aside, inticed to kill. He looked his opponent up and down, and stormed over, all his soul burning with a deadly flame that could not be put out.

TAG: Assassin(s).

OOC: If they do not reply by tomorrow, I am making them NPC-format characters, and their lives will be controlled by fate itself.

EDIT: OOC2: (Huge grin.) God bless PM tracking. (Grin turns to frown.) The assassins haven't yet read the messages I sent them. If I don't have replies by tomorrow at roughly... (Calculates class-time schedule...) 0940 EST, the two assassins will become NPC-format, unless they reply in here before then. I hate having to resort to so many unfriendly tactics, but they will be done if absolutely necessary.

8. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    [shameless_plug]

OOC: My new RPG is up - I see KnightHawk's already joined - the invitation is open to the rest of you.

[/shameless_plug]

9. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC:

Warning! 2 hours left for assassins to report in!

10. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Okay... The time limit has passed, and I have not gotten any word from either of the two assassins, so they are both considered NPC-format characters from this point on.

IC/GM:

As Lance charged forward, the tall stranger dodged the lunge easily, stepping to his left to avoid any damage. Lance slowed himself to a stop as he blew past his target, obviously enraged. In response, the stranger only raised his rifle to the angered Jedi. Suddenly, a second figure dropped out of the shadows, aiming a pair of pistols at Kalai. Sithspit! Lance thought to himself. How in the blue (censored) do I get myself out of this!?

TAG: Jedi_padawan_leigh

11. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC:Oops! My bad. Time for a quick continuity fix:

IC: As the battle raged on, Ilyx's thoughts leapt back to the earlier encounter with Kai. Although Ilyx had been tempted to go and help rescue Kalai, he knew that if the DTs were not given orders soon, the Remnant forces would be able to simply walk up to them and dismantle them.

"Kai, I really want to go and help Kalai, but my duty is to go and lead those DTs into battle."

Kai nodded, and Ilyx said his farewells, leaving with Cam and Liana by his side.

OOC:Hope that was alright,

12. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Lance had continued towards the stranger, despite Kalai's pleas. But the stranger dodged the attacks with ease and pulled out a blaster in response to the attack. Suddenly out of nowhere, another person dropped out in front of her. Pointing a pair of pistols at her. But this one was female. She had spiked black hair, dark green eyes and was clad in black

"Don't move Jedi! Your wanted alive but I would have no problem dragging your corpse to my employer if you try anything funny!"

She approached Kalai, pistols focused on her as she spoke

"Hmm... never knew catching a Jedi could be so easy"

She said in an amused tone. Taking the med pack from her

"Well if you were drugged, weaponless and injured Im sure you would be an easy catch too"

Kalai back answered

The assasin smiled and pulled Kalai towards her by her collar

"You better watch your mouth girl!"

She hissed before taking her arms and binding them behind her back. A fresh bout of pain shot through her left arm

"Oww! Sithspit!"

She cursed under her breath and winced at the tightness of the binders. Looking over to Lance. He was also being held at bay by the male stranger, weilding a deadly looking rifle

"This does not look good"

She thought to herself

TAG - Knighthawk

13. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance kept his sabers up in a defensive posture, ready for anything the rifle-bearing maniac had to offer. He had heard of the weapon, though. A Tenloss DXR-6 usually didn't have to worry about lightsabers deflecting the attack, since it wrecked its targets on the submolecular level. (There is one word for that: Crap. ;)) He kept his eyes on his current opponent, all the while keeping his mental eye on the rest of the area. When he saw the other assassin bind Kalai, his rage went through the roof.

All of a sudden, Lance felt a sharp sting in his mind, and he knew that Kalai was feeling something similar, though probably (and hopefully) not as painful. A strange sensation came to him from the dark depths of his soul. It was a feeling he had been used to for quite a while, and that he enjoyed feeling again. "You," he spoke loudly. "You, with the pistols. LET HER GO OR DIE!!"
    The rifle-bearer responded to the threat against his partner by firing a shot at Lance, which Lance took to the injured left shoulder in a very quick, though unsuccessful, roll to the side. He landed on his feet, both assassins in his direct line of fire. He repeated his demands, with even more violence and hatred in his scream.

TAG: Jedi_padawan_leigh

14. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: (Double-post due to 90-minute edit limit.)

I have an AP Test tomorrow morning, so I won't be on here until late in the afternoon, if at all tomorrow. Peace out, y'all.

15. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC:

No more creative juices today...exerted them all on The Tained Blade...so I won't be posting, but I'll be back to my usual self sometime over the weekend.

16. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Catching no reply...

IC:

Lance stood there, his screams echoing through the forest. The two killers said nothing, clearly calling Lance's bluff. Images flashed through his mind, accompanied by a deep voice marking some strange count in the back of his brain.

Omega 2 of the Corellian Air Force, up in flames. The pilot, his old girlfriend Samantha Soltaris, dying in his arms. "Strike 1," the voice said.

Finding out that his wife had been killed in a starfighter accident. "Strike 2," it says loudly.

Kalai being held at gun-point, just in front of him, at this very moment. "Strike 3," the voice said. It suddenly took form: the Grim Reaper. "You're out!"

"NO!" Lance bellowed, yelling at the phantom that he alone could see. He then realized that he was still on Yavin, his lightsabers blazing while the two assassins were still calling his bluff. He reached out with the Force, throwing their weapons aside and far into the jungle. He then summoned the Dark Side, attempting to strangle the two of them with all of his hatred.

TAG: All

17. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Lance stood there in a defensive stance, and looked over to Kalai

"You...You, with the pistols. LET HER GO OR DIE!!"

He said loudly. Getting no response, He suddenly stopped and looked like he was seeing something in his mind. Kalai felt a twinge in the back of her mind, as if her connection with the force was very slowly returning. Though with everything that had transpired today she couldnt be sure. All of a sudden Lance shouted NO! and disarmed the two assasins with the force, just as the female had pulled the trigger. The bolt didn't hit her directly, but just grazed her side.

"This is just not my day!"

She thought to herself as she watched Lance. She could tell the dark side was flowing freely within him again. She could see it in his eyes. As cold and unforgiving as she had first saw him on fest. Kalai felt herself being grabbed again. The assassin reached down into her boot and pulled a knife out of it and held it close to Kalai's back

"You really think we only came with only blasters and pistols? Your a fool! Lay down your weapons and surrender or it really will be curtains for your little friend"

"Lance, please. your getting weaker"

She looked at his torn up shoulder

Through the force, she sent a very weak but audible messege.

"Remember... Kai, Serin and Ilyx are out there. They will help us

Tag - Knighthawk

18. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

"Drop my lightsabers?" Lance asked, sensing a plan formulate in his evil brain. "Sure. After all, I need an open hand with which to kill both of you." He then sent Kalai a mental message. You were right: The Dark Jedi from the Fest incident is back. Brace yourself. This push is going to hurt.

And there was a loud scream as the warrior's mace struck the dragon. It was the sound of a dragon dying. A black fire surrounded Lance, shrouding him from clear view. A thousand voices came up from the fire, all of them loud screams of anger from Sith Lords of long ago. All, that is, except for three. These three sounded the loudest. One was Lance himself, his rage growing to impossible heights, never before attained. Next was his old girlfriend from the times of the Corellian Air Force. Samantha shouted with all the pain of her horrible death om Corellia so many years ago, the yell of someone going up in flames. Finally was Lance's late wife, Katherine, who yelled with the ferocity of one who has realized that she has died an accidental death. The three voices melded with the thousands of Dark Jedi, and yet managed to stay above them, swirling through time and space, through the past and the present, covering the entire forest in anguish, hatred, and sorrow.

And then the shield fell from the far wall, and there was a heavy metallic sound, as of much brass falling upon a floor of silver. The two blood-red blades he held became black as midnight skies once more, and soon retreated into their hilts, which fell to the forest floor with sickening thuds. As soon as the fire around him stopped burning, he tilted his head slightly to one side.

The knife that the female assassin held soon heated up. It burned with an unbearable strength, forcing her to release it quickly. As she moved her other hand to clutch the injured one, Lance channeled the Force to throw Kalai far away from the line of fire, severing the binds and hurling them in the other direction. He then lifted his right hand, which contained some of the black fires that had surrounded him earlier. The blast shot out from him with the force of a supernova, digging through one of the assassins and square into the other. The two bodies slumped lifeless to the forest floor, smoldering from the fireball that had just burned through them.

A ghastly figure appeared in the space that the knife-wielder just fell in, visible to all. It looked like -- Hell, it was -- the Grim Reaper. Lance summoned his lightsabers back to their belt clips, and then faced the shadowy figure. "Nice try, Death," he said boldly. "Home run. NOT strike three." He then picked up the med-pack and walked over to Kalai. "Let's go," he said. "We have a few friends to help out and a planet to liberate." One more thought came to his mind, which he thought would be better sent through the Force. You were also wrong back there. I'm not that cold, or I would have left right then and let them kill you.

Lance felt strange as he walked over to fetch the med-kit for his friend. He felt as though he was not himself. Perhaps it was the feeling of having just saved the life of someone he was trying to kill only a few days ago. Or perhaps it was the revival of his Dark Side talents. He felt like it was both. His stride took on all the majesty of the ancient Sith Lords of the majestic past as he walked through the forest, en route to help his friends.

EDIT:

OOC: Had to get the quotes in again. Going to try for one more, hopefully from "The Raven".

19. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    The smoke cleared, and the blaster fire thinned, showing a scene of devastation. The huge gates of the temple had been blasted open, but Ilyx could feel a ... darkness ... inside. Turning to Cam and Liana, he said,

"Let's leave the troops to hold this area. I don't wanna go in there without Lance or Kai, they know what they're doing."

And with that, they set off to find either of the two great Jedi.

OOC: Can someone have me reaching them in their next post...I feel like being reuinted with PC characters...

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    "Drop my lightsabers?...Sure. After all, I need an open hand with which to kill both of you."

He said with a dark tone to his voice. Through the force, she heard a mesasge from him

You were right: The Dark Jedi from the Fest incident is back. Brace yourself. This push is going to hurt.

She watched as Lance slowly disapeared in a mess of black flame. Ear piercing screams and cries eminated from it, and Kalai gritted her teeth as the noises assaulted her eardrums. As the darkness cleared, she looked at his lightsabers. The black tinge had returned to the weapons as the blades retracted into the hilts. And they fell to the floor with a thud.

Kalai closed her eyes as she felt the knife edge closer to her

"Argh!"

She looked over her shoulder at the woman, who had dropped the weapon and was holding her hand in agony. Suddenly, the force hit her like a brick wall as Lance force pushed her far from the line of fire, with such force that the binders holding her were shattered and flung in he opposite direction. Landing roughly on the ground, she looked over to see the two asassins, lying lifeless on the ground. Smoldering from one of lances fierce attacks. Looking over to where she had originally been held, her mouth dropped in shock. Hoping that she was just halucinating because of her injuries. A grim reaper stood there.

"A grim reaper! Now things are really getting out of hand"

"Nice try, Death,"

Lance said

"Home run. NOT strike three."

It disappeared and Lance took back his med pack. He came over and helped her up

"Lets go ... We have a few friends to help and a planet to liberate

But through the force, he sent more

You were also wrong back there. I'm not that cold, or I would have left right then and let them kill you.

Kalai looked embarrased about her harsh judgement

"Sorry about that Lance. With everything thats happened I don't know what to think anymore"

She said to him as she applyed a bacta patch to her side. and cleaned the blood from her arm.

"The cut on my head shouldnt be a problem"

She said to him, handing him the pack

"But sort out that shoulder of yours"

She said she followed him through the trees

Tag - Knighthawk

21. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: A-Wings, fate works well for you today.

GM:

A light flashed on the Devastator's control panel. Immediately, Corporal Brooks had a comm-line open with the Vengeance. "Vengeance, this is Devastator. A battle has begun on Yavin, near one of the Academy structures. You need to send someone to the computer core on your ship immediately, to take control of some of the DT units down there and defend the place before it is destroyed!"

FATE:

Lance refused Kalai's offer of the med-pack, deciding instead to walk off the pain, which was something he deeply enjoyed. Eventually, they came to an opening to a clear spot of land, and ran straight into Ilyx Aran. "Good evening, Commander," Lance said cheerfully, quite sure that he was frightening the soldier by being there, let alone speaking. Lance looked around, noticing that Ilyx was controlling the squadron he had built with his own hands. "I believe you were insulting my handywork earlier. Let me show you how it's done." He then walked over to the control computer, procured the hammer from under the control screen, and smashed a small glass box on the keypad. The box was labeled 'Insane Upgrade'. Lance pressed the button, and the DT units that responded soon began to glow with a strange energy. Lance turned back to Ilyx. "It's a back-up mechanism that activates their spare batteries. They'll fight with a little more power next time around." As soon as he finished saying this, Lance turned to the Padawans. So, he thought to himself, these are Kai's little Padawans. I thought the rule stated 'one-at-a-time'.

22. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain understood the magnitude of the situation and developed a large strie force. He entered his Fury and left with 8 wings, a strike force composed over 4 Shuttles and a suqadron of 20 TIEs::

Bain: Men, ready yourselves...

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

23. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: KissSpooky and I have been kinda waiting for a good moment to throw ourselves into the fray, which should be soon.

I apologise too, for neglecting this a bit; I've been tied up with my own RPG, which is ticking along nicely, thanks to all of you for being involved.

24. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Hey, no problem.

25. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC:

On the topic Kai mentioned earlier, I will probably randomly insert them into the fray (sadly robbing us of another novel or two) if I don't get those posts by tomorrow morning. I hate doing this, but I will if necessary.

(Looks at document for executive authority.) I love this job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.