main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Old and the New...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KnightHawk, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    When Mira felt a hand touch her face and heard Kai's weakened voice whisper "Hey." she was speechless. Her eyes widened and tears of joy flowed from them.

Placing her small hand on his that rested on her face she said quietly

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

Tag: Kai

2. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    IC: Sitting up as best he could, the Jedi coughed, but there was no blood this time. Reaching down, he touched his ribs. They stung a bit, but the wound was closed, having somehow sealed itself. The gashes on his neck, arm and leg were also gone, as if never there. Even the one from earlier, near his kidney was gone.

Kai looked up, the evening sun was beginning to set in the sky. It was the glorious time of the day, when night and day were still one, able to fold over each other in brilliant shades of violet, sunburst and ebony.

There was a tear in Mira's eye, but the Jedi reached a gloved hand up and wiped it away. He rested his forehead on hers for a moment. It felt nice, to just sit down and realax if only so briefly.

"Honestly.... I'm exhausted, weary and running on empty. But that's just physically. My mind, my heart - they're much more.....focused. I'm going to be fine. Thanks for staying with me."

He reached up and kissed her forehead. It was fleeting moment of tendeness in an otherwise dark day, and for that, Kai chose to embrace it. He put an arm around Mira, his eyes watching the sunset overhead, the orange halo blanketing the trees of the jungle.

OOC: Yeah, it's soppy as hell, but we needed some weepy drama. It wouldn't be SW without it.

;)

3. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Emmy awards, anybody? ;)

IC:

Lance looked around at the two Shadow Troopers. Their armor was dark as midnight, making them almost completely invisible in this passage. Lance opened himself up to the Force, summoning its power to help him see his prey. Two ghastly souls made themselves visible to him.

A few sparks leapt from his right arm, showing the slash that had just cut through part of it. Wires lay exposed through the hole in part of the hull, and a look of hatred was on Lance's face. Within seconds, he had his lightsabers deactivated and clipped to his belt, the old Lance McCallister showing himself in this new form. A strange curse came to his lips, which he repeated with a cold satisfaction. The Dathomiri that he spoke then echoed off the walls of the Jedi Temple, a slight taint of darkness in each phrase. [My soul fills with a hatred unstoppable, and my blood surges with a cold evil. Evil hatred within me, surge forward, and eat my foes alive!]

The Jedi Temple began to shake as if it would rip itself from its foundations. Suddeny, a red crack formed in the ground of the hallway Lance was in, and fire leapt forth from it. Within minutes, the crack sealed itself back up, and the two Shadow Troopers were gone. The remains were simply their lightsabers, which were charred to the core. The death screams of the two Dark Jedi could be heard throughout the building. Lance began chuckling to himself as he thought of what had just happened. Trip to Dathomir: 250 Old Republic credits. Learning spells from the locals: One week of spying and 300 credits in listening equipment. Seeing two Shadow Troopers get burned alive and sent to Hell: priceless.

Quickly, Lance ran through the hallway, intent on getting to the top of the Temple soon. Something told him he would face a true challenge there. He wondered what he would be facing, but knew that he would die succeeding. All of a sudden, he passed a reflective wall, and noticed something strange in it. Instead of his old Black Ops team uniform, he was in a tuxedo. Not a trip to the past! NO! A wedding ring was on his left ring finger, and he realized that he was on a trip to the past. It was one he couldn't escape. Instead of panic, though, he smiled. A happy memory came to him as he ran, and a happy image came to his mind. Katherine... he thought to himself, surprisingly sensing a happy feeling from himself in the Force.

TAG: All

4. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC: Gotta love the Priceless moment...brilliant stuff!

IC: A cold darkness swept over Ilyx, and as he looked down he felt hands of darkness...grasping at him somehow. Evil whispers and spirits swam in the dense fog that had enshrouded the Yavin temple, and a shiver ran through Ilyx's spine as he stood atop the Yavin temple.

I wanna get off this place now!

Luckily, a small boom alerted Ilyx, and he saw a squad of Dark Troopers cut their way through the roof and run over to him.

"Commander Aran, what are your orders?"

"Alright, two of you stay here and guard the top of the temple, I have a ba-a-ad feeling about this place. The rest of you, charge up your cannons and follow me, we're gonna mop up some Reborn scum!"

Charging down the new opening, Ilyx was followed by the clomping of metallic feet. Whipping out his rifle and powering it up, he prepared himself for the most dangerous battle of his life...

TAG: anyone in the temple

5. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

A loud clicking noise kept bouncing off the walls of the Temple, and it took Lance a minute or two to realze that he was making that noise. It resounded with every step, bouncing off the stone walls and filling the hallways with loud noise.

At length, he came to a large room, and stopped to rest. The room was large enough to accomodate at least 20 people, with room to spare. He looked around, and suddenly a darkness crept across him, causing a look of hate to grow on him. He opened himself to the Force, the light from outside getting so faint that he needed the Force to see himself, it was so dark.

Eight Reborn and four Shadow Troopers stepped out from the shadows of the room, all with their lightsabers drawn. Lance looked across the entire room, and let his eyes drink in the images from all the walls. Twelve on one! Now I might be having a little problem. The sky was dark enough, though, to help him out now, and he felt as though he could eliminate up to half of the Dark Jedi without any problem. He shut his eyes to the ghastly villains in front of him, and began again in speaking the Dathomiri that had earlier killed two STs. [Dark night sky with evil clouds, bring the power to rip man apart. Hateful lightning from the heavens, destroy my foes here and now!]

Red lightning came down from the night sky, charging through the building and slamming into six of the Reborn in the room. Of the injured six, one stood up a few minutes later, badly wounded. The others were completely dead. Lance was about to begin the curse again when he heard a metallic clanking noise from the far side of the room. It sounded familiar.

TAG: A-Wings

OOC: I hope 7 Dark Jedi are okay.

6. Mirax-Terrik

Nov 22, 2002
    OOC: LOL i love mushy weepy stuff:p It's the easiest for me to write :) loved it Kai :) I'm gonna add jsut alittle more mushy weepy stuff to it.

IC:

"I'm going to be fine. Thanks for staying with me."

Mira rested her head on Kai's shoulder. She was still in schock of his miraculous healing. His wounds we're almost completely healed.

"I wouldn't have left you for the galaxy."

She slipped her arms around his waist, just needing to have the reassurance that he was still there. She looked out at the sun as it set in all it's glory over the treetops of Yavin 4.

Tag: Kai

7. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: How this RPG missed the awards for this board is beyond me - we have it all: personal sacrafice, redemption and corruption, action and adventure.

8-}

IC: For a few minutes, the smuggler and the Jedi remained there in the courtyard, removed from the disdain and chaos around them. It was only when Kai felt three familiar people through the Force behind him, that he came back to reality.

"Kai! Mira! Are you alright?!?"

Camden's voice echoed in the quad as Raya lead him and Liana to where Kai and Mira were sitting. Both had lit lightsabers, blades of blue and purple casting glows across the courtyard.

Kai got up and dusted himself off. Reaching down with his gloved hand, he pulled Mira to her feet quickly, but gently and winked at her.

All good things come to an end, it'd seem. It was nice to have a break from today, if only for a short time.

"We're fine Cam. Really."

Raya cut in.

"But I saw you get cut....you were bleeding...?"

Kai knelt down and took the young girls hand.

"I was. But I got better. The Force is a wonderous thing. If you have faith in it, anything is possible. Don't forget that."

Somewhat confused, but happy to see him well, Raya nodded enthusiastically. Kai stood up again and adressed his apprentices.

"Cam, Lia. I'm glad you two are alright. I'm very proud of you both today."

Camden bowed his head in a sheepish manner whilst Liana seemed to be unmoved by the comment. Kai glanced at her for a moment and he was sure her green cheeks reddened for a moment.

It was then that he realised they needed to find the others. He reached out telepathically.

Ilyx. Serin. Kalai. Lance. Where are you?

Tag: All.

8. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC:

Just going to respond to the post about voting with this: nominations are open until the 25th.

9. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Really? I only glanced over the nominations thread.....

10. Mirax-Terrik

Nov 22, 2002
    OOC How this RPG missed the awards for this board is beyond me - we have it all: personal sacrafice, redemption and corruption, action and adventure.

and now we have weepy drama in it too! this RPG does have it all

11. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    OOC: Can someone please explain to me WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

12. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: There is a fight going on at the main complex of the Jedi Temple. Hurry if you wish to participate.

:) ;)

I'll try and save some for you.

13. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC: Time for some vintage Ilyx bumbling, I think...

IC:Rushing into the room, Ilyx saw Lance duelling with seven Dark Jedi, and also so several corpses littering the floor.

Boy, Lance has been busy!

Pointing at the skirmish, Ilyx yelled orders. "Everyone, fire at that crowd! And don't hit the man in the middle!"

Ilyx would have hesitated to give such orders to standard troops, for fear of collateral damage. But he knew the Dark Troopers would be able to use their exact aiming packages and target only the Remnant foes.

Ilyx, meanwhile, knelt by the side of a dead Reborn, and extracted the Jedi's lightsaber.

I always wanted to use one of these.

Thumbing the red weapon on, Ilyx let out a battle cry and leapt into the fray, unaware that he was making a very, very big mistake...

TAG: KnightHawk, to help Ilyx out of this mess...:)

14. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance looked around and noticed the DT units and a red-sabered maniac flying at him. In the heat of the battle, he did not recognize the man holding the lightsaber, and flipped on both of his to attack. Lance charged the man, and the lightsaber in his left hand connected harshly. The sword in his right hand was up over his head and ready to clash down on the man's skull when he recognized who he was fighting. He instead used the Force to throw Ilyx out of the room, and turned his attention to the seven that were fighting the DTs. A ball of pure fire came from his left hand after he put the saber away, and it caught the lead Reborn square in the chest, ripping a large hole open. The DT units were destroyed a few minutes later, leaving a net total of two Reborn to deal with.

Lance blew the door open again, inviting Ilyx to enter. "You overgrown nerf herfer!" he yelled at the commander. "I almost killed you back there!" Lance calmed down a little. "Well, here's your chance to use one of those things. See that Reborn over there?" Lance gestured to the one in the green robes. "I'll take his friend. You get him, and get him good." Lance flipped on one of his lightsabers, and charged the red-robed Reborn.

15. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain, hearing a commotion oming from a farther temple, turned quickly and began to run towards it. His strike team and warriors follwed on instinct. As they neared the temple, blaster shots were seen and heard as the battle raged on. Bain ran into the fray, his armour deflecting the shots::

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

16. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    Ilyx nodded, a sheepish grin on his face.

I half-expected Lance to take my lightsaber from me and snap it in two!

Well, it was time to carry out the orders. Swinging his lightsaber in an awful slash that completely unbalanced him, he somehow managed to contact with the Reborn's blade. Bringing the sword back around, Ilyx fought with all the skill of a bhillen - and this caught the Reborn off guard. He was expecting Jedi skill, not rookie material. Ilyx managed to push the Reborn back into the corner of the room, before the Dark Jedi sprung back, sending Ilyx sprawling onto the floor. With a quick roll, the sniper dodged the incoming attack, bounding back up onto two feet and getting ready to face the oncoming attack.

Bring it on, Jedi!

OOC:Why do I end all of Ilyx's posts (and Denin's for that matter) with some sort of tacky saying. I need to stop doing that!!

TAG: KnightHawk

17. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

The two black death blades struck with a sickening crash against the Reborn's ruby-red hell-sword. Lance decided on ending the fight quickly, wanting more than ever right now to help his friend instead of protract a needless scuffle. He locked his left saber against that of the Reborn he was facing and began bringing his saber down in a sledgehammer blow. Surprisingly, though, he felt a sharp pain in his right arm, as of a blade striking the metal coating. He looked, and saw that the Reborn had pulled a second blade from one of the corpses lying around. Oh well... he thought. "Ilyx! Take cover, or you'll be in the Shake'n'Bake!" The yell echoed throughout the room.

Lance brought his swords up in a defensive stance, deflecting the two-edged attack from the Reborn. "Time to fry," he sneered before switching into Corellian. [My soul fills with a hatred unstoppable, and my blood surges with a cold evil. Evil hatred within me, surge forward, and eat my foes alive!] When he finished, he looked the Reborn in the eye, and waved goodbye with one of his sword-holding hands.

The ground in front of the Reborn opened up, spitting fire at it. The Reborn fell to the floor, falling back-first to the stones of the room. His lightsabers clattered to the floor, charred to the crystal chambers in the very centers of the weapons.

The crevice sealed up.

TAG: A_Wings

18. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    IC
    Well, that was good.

Ilyx had dived for cover, just as Lance had ordered, and was watching the battle from behind a fuel cannister.

OOC: This strikes me as one of the stupid things Ilyx would do :)

IC: However his Reborn foe had spotted this, and was now strolling confidently over to Ilyx's hiding place.

Great hiding place, Ilyx. You've really done it this time.

A sizzling sound filled the air, and Ilyx looked over his shoulder just in time to see a dark crevice seal in the floor - Lance must have dropped his Reborn down that hole!

Hey, I can do that!

Whipping out his sniper rifle, Ilyx fired off a great shot at the Reborn's feet, carving a small hole in the aincient rock. The Reborn leapt to avoid the attack, but as he landed fell straight through the newly formed trap.

Wiping his forehead with his sleeve, Ilyx let out a sigh.

"Well, that wasn't too hard."

19. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance walked over, using the Force to disarm the fallen Reborn. He then knelt down and decided to check on the enemy. "Good shooting, Ilyx," Lance said. "The fall caused his neck to snap. He'll be joining the others in Hell." He looked around at the charred corpses, and then noticed that part of his tuxedo was singed as well. "Well, that's what I get for playing with fire," he muttered to himself. He then turned to face Ilyx. "Don't get near me when I'm casting that spell. Hell is a pretty long drop away, and the fires on the path tend to burn slowly while the victim is alive."

TAG: All

OOC: If anybody wants to arrive at the Temple, there really aren't many opponents left. Of course, everybody has their own Dark Side. (Insert Emperor Palpatine's laugh here.)

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Soz about my lack of posts. been getting sorted out to go camping AGAIN! lol

Running through the darkened corridors, Kalai was sure she could hear a lot of commotion coming near where she was. She could feel the incresingly familiar force signature of Lance filling her head.

"Looks like weve found him"

She said to Serin. Running around the corner she saw Lance and Ilyx. Looking at Ilyx, he had a reborns lightsaber by his feet. He looked at her and his expression said it all

"Please don't tell me you tried to...DUCK!"

She said in an almost shocked tone until She was cut off by the sight of a reborn coming for Ilyx from behind in the shadows. In an instant, she had Bal's green lightsaber ignited and decapitated it before it even reached the ground.

Look... lets just meet back up with Kai, Lia Camden and Mira.And you commander... You might be better off sticking to sniping. She laughed slightly. A picture of him swinging one around came to mind

"But thats Ilyx for you, she thought to herself"

Tag - All

21. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain retreated to the forest and waited with his troups::

Bain: We will wait here until nightfall, then we will attack.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

22. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC: Well this has been as dead as a doornail for several days, so what can I say but...up

IC: "Please don't tell me you tried to...DUCK!"

As soon as the words were out of Kalai's mouth, Ilyx felt himself fly to the floor, as a flash of green shot over his head, saving his life.

Clambering back onto his feet, he thanked Kalai.
    "Cheers." he said, a smile on his face as he picked his lightsaber back up. "You know, you Jedi get to have all the fun weapons."

Clipping his lightsaber to his belt, Ilyx decided that Kalai probably was right, and that he should stick to sniping. However, in a theater of war as dangerous and treacherous as this one, it was a idea wise to stock up on weaponary.

TAG: Leigh, KnightHawk

23. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

"Let's not get too comfortable," Lance said. The room didn't seem so inviting at the moment. "There's more trouble somewhere else for us to take care of." With that, Lance was off in a sprint, headed for one of the higher levels. He immediately ran into a pair of stormtroopers from the Devastator's Spec Ops division. The marking on their armor gave them away. "Ilyx!" Lance shouted. "Did you send the squadron in from the roof?"

24. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    A cold feeling washed over Ilyx as he looked over the stormtroopers.

"No, I didn't give the order..." he took a deep breath, "You know, I have a bad feeling about this..."

25. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Almost as soon as Ilyx finished saying those words, the two stormtroopers pulled out their weapons, aiming them at Lance's heart. "One move, and we open fire," the squad leader said flatly. "Now give us the lightsabers."

A Reborn in red robes walked out from behind the shadows, his sword activated. Lance looked at him, and felt as though he had no alternative. Turning to Ilyx and Kalai, he got a little somber. "Guys, throw down your weapons."

The Reborn walked over to them and took all the weapons that he could find, confident that he had everything. "Soldiers," he said in his raspy voice, "you may kill them now." The squad leader raised his rifle to Lance's face, and motioned to fire.

Nobody saw Lance tilt his head slightly, but suddenly the two soldiers were both reaching for their necks, pain written on their movements. The leader fell dead and his rifle let out one shot, striking the walls inside the room where Kalai and Ilyx stood. The other soldier fell to the floor, writhing in pain, freed from his death with the help of the Reborn. A strange spell issued itself from Lance's lips, echoing off the walls with all the force of thunder. Despite it being in full Corellian, the words were easy enough for anyone to understand, so clear was their deadly intent. [Dark night sky with evil clouds, bring the poewr to rip man apart. Hateful lightning from the heavens, destroy my foes here and now!]

Crimson lightning shot out from the sky above the Jedi Temple, seeping through the room and hallway. In its progress through the room, it intentionally dodged around Ilyx and Kalai, and ran through the bodies of the stormtrooper and Reborn. They were nothing but little chunks of flesh and armor when it was all over.

TAG: Jedi_padawan_leigh, A-WingsRule

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.