main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Old and the New...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KnightHawk, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: A cool escape is allowed, on a technicality. However, a resuce attempt is allowed and encouraged.

2. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: 'Hawk - re: NPC characters. Thanks for the approval. Just wanted to run it past ya first.

IC: The trip from Tyrol to Coruscant took less than an hour in hyperspace and Kai touched down at the Jedi Academy just as night set on Coruscant.

It was a crowded, busy place and although Kai was used to it, it sometimes felt constrained and claustrophobic to the young Jedi. He preferred the open plains of Tyrol anyday.

Upon arriving, he was greeted by a protocol droid designated C-3PO, who informed him that the Jedi Master himself desired an audience with him. Kai was somewhat taken aback by Master Skywalker's request - he'd only ever seen the Master a handful of times and the only contact he'd actually had with him was when he was granted his own Jedi Master status two years ago.

Kai followed the robot up to the main council chambers where the protocol announced his arrival in a slightly pretentious voice. The room was empty, save for two figures that stared out the large glass windows onto the horizon. The taller of the two, dark hair and beard tainted with grey and somewhat regal looking without being arrogant was Corran Horn, Jedi Knight and former Rogue Squadron pilot. The shorter of the two, draped in a large black robe and a wizened look in his blue eyes was Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. In such strong presences in the Force, Kai could not help but be humbled by the older men. He bowed and felt slightly underdressed in his trenchcoat and slightly streetwise look.

"Don't be worried about your appearance, Master Halicon." Skywalker spoke, a hint of amusement in his voice. Kai blushed slightly and raised his head.

"I'm sorry, Master. I didn't expect an to be seeing yourself or Jedi Horn."

"I realise." Luke replied and stepped across to stand by Kai, Corran in tow.

"We apolgise for the suddeness of this meeting but the situation is quite grave and time is short." Corran interluded, his voice the portrait of confidence.

"What's happened?" Kai asked, somewhat taken aback.

Luke sighed, a sound that made Kai feel like the Master carried a lot of weight on his small frame, figuratively speaking.

"A few years ago, the Empire created the Dark Trooper project. I assume you're familiar with it."

"Yes."

"Recently, we recieved word that work had begun on ressurecting the Dark Troopers but as yet as unknown regime. A few days ago, Corran and I dispatched two Jedi, Kalai and Serin to investigate. As yet, there has been no word on them. We fear that something may of happened to them. I have sensed something dark and elusive in the Force - I believe there is evil afoot." Luke continued.

Kai nodded his head and said nothing, but Corran put a hand on his shoulder.

"Kai - we called on you because we're familiar with you brush with the Dark Side in the past and we know that during your time with the Sith Lord who controlled you, he hand many dealings with Empire's remnant, namely several Imperial scientists whom we believe are involved in the project."

Luke interjected.

"We'd like you to lead an investigation into this matter. You're free to use whatever channels you'd like and you have the permission of the Council to take your apprentice if you'd like."

"You're trusting this to me?"

Luke smiled.

"Yes. Beacause you remind me of myself a bit when I was your age. And because you've got the experience and skills to complete this mission and find out what is happening the Dark Troopers, the Remnant and to find your fellow Jedi. But mostly, I believe this will be good for you to help you back into the Jedi. I know you've got a penchant for solo missions but I'd like you to take your apprentice along in this case."

Kai grinned.

"Which one?"

The older master returned the grin.

"Ah... I'd forgot you attempted to take on a second. You know, normally I'd not approve of this - it's hard enough to focus on one padawan, let alone two but I'm willing to be lenient in your case. Besides, I'd prefer you to have some backup if needed."

Kai

3. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    The darktroopers approached the jedi, their sword arms pointed close to them. Signaling for them to stand up. Kalai managed to stand as she felt the stunning effects of the lightning fade. Looking behind the two troopers, she saw a large piece of discarded wreckage. Concentrating hard, she managed to make it levitate a few feet in the air. She then force pulled it towards the troopers, knocking them over.
    ?Come on!?
    She yelled to Serin, reclaiming her lightsaber which she had dropped moments before
    ?Commander Aran, He?s been captured! we?ve got to help him?

OOC - This is where I leave ya for know. But I will be back. To whoever takes over my character for me while im gone, Thanks in advance - Jedi Padawan Leigh :)

4. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC:We'll see ya when you get back, Jedi_padawan_leigh. If you get lost in the plot on your return, let me know and I'll PM you an update.

IC: One hour later, Kai was at The Rogue Knight in the Jedi Temple's port. He'd had KB-187 refuel the ship and take on necessary supplies whilst he read over the file dossier in the cockpit of the ship. It described Galak Fyyar, a noted Imperial research scientist as being heavily involved in the project and mentioned rumours of an unknown man of Corellian heritage who was supposedly high in command.

Possibly the person in my vision? Either way, I feel that this man will be difficult to overcome...

There were brief files on the Jedi Knights Kalai and Serin and Halicon could only hope they were still alright. His vision of them was not a pleasant one.

The Force told him that he was not alone on the ship and he exited the cockpit to greet his arriving crew. Moving out into the main hold, he saw two figures climb aboard the ship, recognising each from their unique Force signatures.

The first was a boy, about sixteen, of meduim height and build. His sandy brown hair was cut into dreadlocked spikes that were brushed back off his face and two long padawan braids were located at the base of his neck. Clad in a dark brown Jedi tunic and 3/4 length poncho, Camden Rycoth had a maturity about him that defied his age and as Kai's padawan apprentice, he was still learning the ways of the Jedi.

The second was a Twi'lek female, green skinned and with eyes hued a sulpherous yellow. She was garbed in a grey sleeveless jumpsuit and matching hooded cape, boots and her twin lekku tentacles were held back on her head by a cloth bandana. Despite her age of eighteen, Liana Falzar was still a neophyte to the Jedi Order, having been inducted only a few months ago after aiding Kai on a mission. When Camden's apprenticeship was up, Kai hoped to take on Liana. She still had a lot of hostility but Kai had much hope for her.

"Heya boss. How was your trip home?" Camden asked as he slipped past his master into the cockpit to pat KB-187 on his silver-domed head.

"Too short as always. Everything alright with you?"

"Apart from being woken up in the middle of the night, I'm good. What's our mission?" The apprentice replied in jest.

"Check the file onscreen. I'll brief you on the journey. Can you make the final preps for takeoff - the co-ordinates are set."

Camden nodded and got to work. Kai turned to Liana. He'd not seen her in many months and she seemed far calmer than before. She was known to be fiesty and in that respect, Kai was reminded of himself at her age. He felt old, despite barely being six years her senior and only eight over Camden.

"How are you, Liana? Are your studies going well?"

The Twi'lek smiled, revealing her slightly canine teeth.

"I am well, Halicon. It is good to see you again. You'll be pleased to know I'm doing very well in my classes as far as the Masters tell me."

Kai nodded his head.

"Good. I'm glad to hear you're fitting in. I apologise for not visiting sooner."

"You are a busy man. I understand. I've something to show you."

Kai raised an eyebrow as Liana reached under her cloak and grabbed something off her belt. She raised her hands to reveal the cylindrical metal shape of a lightsaber hilt. It was a bright silver in color and the end pommel was the same design as Kai's. She handed him the weapon.

"I finished it yesterday, my first one. It's based on yours in part and some of my own design. Try it and let me know what you think."

Kai took the weapon. It was slightly smaller than his own, obviously made for Liana's smaller hands. He held it in a ready stance and thumbed the small blue activator. The saber hummed and blade emerged from the weapon, a crisp violet in colour. Kai swung the weapon a few times and made a few lunges and strikes in basic Form I style.

"Good weight.... well balanced. The handgrip is solid and comfortable and almost pe

5. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    ::After finding no life-forms abord the Y-wing, the Fury turned just as the AT-ST Walkers grouped and began firing. Heading for his Star Destroyer, Bain felt a disturbance in the Force. Dismissing it for the moment, he decided to ponder when he returned to his flagship::

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

6. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance walked to the prison cell that held the Republic commander. His weapons were hidden well enough to not register on the cell's metal detectors, but anybody with half a midochlorian would know that he held his lightsabers near him at all times. He was just lucky enough to walk into the cell as the prisoner was waking up. He turned to the droids in the room.
    "Droids. Leave us!"
    Lance then turned to the prisoner. Despite his inclination to be ruthlessly violent to any and all Republic operatives, his sense of common decency towards the imprisoned seemed to take center stage. "Good morning," he said. "Sorry about the pain droid. He enjoys breaking peoples' limbs." A little sadness was vsible in the Imperial's face, but not much. "The 'interrogator' was right. The entire Republic fleet sent here has been decimated, and the cargo is headed to its final destination.
    "What will follow is a series of questions that I will ask, and you will answer. Fail to answer, and the Dark Side will enforce my will. First of, Commander Aran, why were you sent to Fest?"

7. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Ilyx stared at the man with utter contempt, tempted to spit in his face but smart enough to know better.

"You think I'm gonna tell you?"

Snap.

"That was your first metartasal."

The pain was awful, but Ilyx held on.

"I won't give in to this."

Snap.

"That was your second metatarsal."

"You can't win."

Snap.

"That was your third metatarsal."

FOUR HOURS LATER

Ouch. Every single bone in Ilyx's right foot had been broken, and the pain was unbearable, even with the healing cast one of the Remnant medics had placed on it, the cast that allowed him to hobble along. It had cost him dearly, but he hadn't revealed his mission to the man, he knew that much. 'I'd have thought that it would have been obvious...' thought Ilyx, pain still streaking through his body. '...unless...maybe he has something to hide...'

Ilyx's thoughts were broken by a flurry of footsteps, footsteps that sounded strangely familiar...

Ilyx's voice, strained as it was from all the screaming, was still full of joy. "Jedi!"

To Be Continued...

8. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Hmmm. This is an interesting one. I will join as soon as I get a character set up.

9. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: I notice, A-WingsRule, that you seem to enjoy responding for me on certain instances where I might need to show up. (Mutters something to self about a huge list of questions that had been prepared, and also how the injuries that Ilyx sustained are impossible due to the fact that my character does not have the power in the Force to snap any bones, and has not had that power for years.)

IC:

A dark thought creeped through Lance's mind. Jedi! Impossible! He would make sure to kill them immediately. "Lieutenant, get two Phase I Dark Troopers and a Phase II Trooper down to the detention area now! Have them meet with me there to exterminate the Jedi! And sound the alarm!"

Eventually, Lance and the Dark Troopers ran into the Jedi, who had managed to cause much glee in the Republic commander. [You have no idea how doomed you are,] he said, again in Corellian and again with the think Coronet City accent. [You had better start praying that I kill you quickly.] His two lightsabers were shining their horrible blood red/black shine, casting an evil shadow through the corridor. He reached out with the Force to grab the commander, and began to apply the Force, using it in an attempt to strangle his enemy...

10. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: Appologies for the lack of updates...

IC: Serin watched as the latest patrol passed by, and quickly made her way over to the next outcropping of rock, followed closely by Kalai. They had taken to the hills after escaping the dark troopers, and had been avoiding patrols for hours as they let the general stress level of the area die down, and worked on a plan to get commander Aran out of the containment block of the remnant base.

Having it partially built into the side of a mountain made insertion difficult, but not impossible. Making their way back towards the base, the two Jedi eventually found a small access hatch around the side, obviously a service duct. Quickly cutting the lock, Kalai led the way into the duct, followed closely by Serin. Using the force to try to silence their movements, they moved their way into the base.

"First we have to find a computer console to figure out where we are, and where the detention block is. We?ll figure out where to go from there." Serin whispered.

Edit: OOC: Oops, we ended up getting to the detention block faster than expected...I posted, and learned we're already at or almost at the detention block, SO...

IC: Taking a small detail of stormtroopers by surprise, Serin and Kalai jumped out of the duct, taking the startled troops out as quickly as possible. Kalai ran to a computer terminal and quickly brought up some command screens. "We're right nearby. It's this way." she said, pointing to a door off to the left.

As they made their way down the hall towards the cells, they felt the same cold chill of the dark force user they encountered before. Picking up their pace to a run, the young Jedi's lightsabers flared to life and they ran through the doors.

Immediately inside, they were confronted by the Dark Jedi and his Dark Trooper enforcers. He was threatening them in Corellian right as they ran through the doors like he was waiting for them. He then grabbed commander Aran.

"No! Let him go!" Serin yelled, and the two Jedi charged.

TAG: KnightHawk, A-WingsRule

11. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain's flagship had set it's course for Coruscant by order of the Dark Lord himself::

Bain: Commander Taryn. There was wreckage of a Y-wing. Have your scouts returned?

Taryn: No, sir.

Bain: We will leave them. I want to be in Hyperspace in .25 Standard hours. If we are not, Commander...

Taryn: Yes, sir.

::Taryn ordered the crew of the Star Destroyer to enter Hyperspace immediately to Coruscant. They did, and the flagship was well on it's way::

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

12. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance looked on happily as the leader of the two Jedi pleaded for her friend's rescue, regardless of how quick and to-the-point the pleading was. "I will, on one condition," Lance said, speaking to them in Basic for the first time. "Surrender to the Dark Side, or I will kill him." Lance tightened his grip on the commander. "This offer is not open to negotiation."

13. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    The Jedi stopped in their tracks.
    "I will, on one condition," looking in the Dark Jedi's eyes as he began to speak in basic, Serin knew she wasn't going to like whatever he had to say.

"Surrender to the Dark Side, or I will kill him." Commander Aran seemed to cringe a bit...it seemed like the Dark Jedi was choking him. They didn't have time to think.

She looking into those black eyes again as he spoke again. "This offer is not open to negotiation."

Hesitating for barely a second, Serin sent out a command through the force to Kalai. BREAK HIS CONCENTRATION. With that, she attacked with her lightsaber, Kalai following close behind.

TAG

14. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance intercepted the message just a millisecond before the Jedi armed their lightsabers. lance was very skilled at commanding the Dark Side, but knew better than taking on two Jedi with his sabers. He instead switched to using Lightning on them. He aimed carefully, and fired a blast that split to fly at both of the two Jedi. "I told you... Surrender or the commander dies. You didn't listen. Therefore, I am forced to try and kill the commander." Lance tightened his grip, the cortosis fingers of his right hand coming ever closer to forming a fist that would crush the republic operative's trachea...

15. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain's flagship pulled out of Hyperspace above Cooruscant::

Bain: Commander. Orbit the planet. Get all troops battle-ready.

Taryn: Yes, sir. Shall I send wingmates with you?

Bain: Yes, Commander. I will be ready in .50 Standard hours.

Taryn: Yes, sir.

::Taryn began rounding troops as Bain walked to his meditation chamber. He entered. It was like that of Darth Vader's room, only the chamber held not a meditation vessel, but a 10 foot dimple in the floor. As he walked into the dimple, he removed his helmet from his head and used the Force to float it gently to the side.

Bain had short, wavy black hair and a small crown-like instrument that encircled his head. He reached the center, the lowest point. He sttod for a moment and began to rise, slowly at first, then with great speed. He reached the roof, 20 feet up, and began to glow.

His helmet and everything else in the room began to spin, swirling around him. Exhausted, he began a slow descent to the ground where he brought his helmet back to him, holding it to his side. He left his room and met his wingmates. They followed him to his ship and entered their own smaller modified TIE Fighters.

The quartet took off and began towards Coruscant's surface to find the strong Force-power eminating from the planet::

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

16. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    After their last encounter, the Jedi somewhat expected the lightning and quickly, if not gracefully, rolled out of harms way. Kalai came out of the roll into a crouch, holding her lightsaber out front of her to block any oncoming attacks.

Serin used the force to push her roll into a somersault, slicing through a pipe overhead and landing nearby. Focusing on the pipe, she wrenched it free with the force and sent it hurtling towards the dark Jedi. Even before the pipe had reached its destination, the Jedi pressed their attack.

17. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Elsewhere...

The Rogue Knight shot through hyperspace like a bullet from a gun, the streaking forms of stars ripping by the cockpit. Camden was at the controls with Liana sitting in Kai's chair. The Jedi Master himself was in the hold, emerald lightsaber in hand.

Despite being used to prolonged space travel, Kai sometimes became claustrophobic and relieved his paranoia by practising with his saber in the large cargo hold of the ship, where his modified X-Wing, the Knight Shadow was housed. As such, he was going through the motions of some lightsaber drills.

The green blade swung and slashed at invisible foes as the Jedi twirled it around him in circular patterns. Kai's form of fighting was based on speed and critical strikes - rather than just flail about maddly hoping for a hit, he would channel all his power into a series of truly damaging blows. It was hard style to master and dated back to the early days of saber combat and invoked a lot of the martial arts form Teras Kasi as well as some Mokari techniques thrown in for good measure.

As he continued to practise, he felt a numbing sensation in the base of his skull, the same one he'd felt when he'd seen his early vision. At once, a flood of images, similar to the last ones bombarded his mind.

The dark one fights again. The Jedi defend against him, but I fear they will fail. His power is fueled by anger and rage, yet controlled. He has all of the dark powers, yet few of the weakness that often accompanies them.

One of the Jedi came into view and Kai realised that he still wasn't entirely sure where they were heading. He had to risk telepathically contacting the Jedi called Serin to gain her position so that he might join her in battle.

Stretching out with the Force, Kai called to her.

Serin? My name is Kai Halicon - I'm a fellow Jedi. Master Skywalker's dispatched me to aide you and your friend but I need a location as I'm flying blind at the moment. Give me a planetary location and I'll get you out of there

The Jedi deactivated his blade, the saber hissing as it retracted into the hilt. Kai grabbed his discarded coat and returned to the cockpit to await Serin's response.

TAG: KissSpooky

18. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Name: Soriyah Kosteen
    Personality: Rebellious, disobiedent, defiant, careless, impatient, takes joy in killing
    Species: Human
    Home Planet: Unknown
    Affiliation: Freelance w/ Imperial ties (Assassin)
    Force: No

Weapons: Hybrid blaster pistol, two vibro-knives, pair of knuckle blades

Bio: 5'10", short spiked black hair, dark green eyes, always wears black, takes glitterstim and andris from time to time

okie dokie. if an imperial would hire me that would be great...

19. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    Serin was caught off guard as a telepathic message reached her. Never having focused on her mental powers, she had trouble sorting the message out, but she maganged to get:
    Serin...Kai...Jedi...Skywalker...aide you...location...flying blind...planetary.

Gritting her teeth, Serin concontrated and sent out a KEJIM. HURRY.
    Putting her focus back to the fight, Serin risked a glance to Kalai. "Master Skywalker's on the way, Kalai!"

TAG: Kai, KnightHawk

20. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    As Kai settled back into the cockpit, a haze of psionic static jumped through his head. Slightly indistinct, Kai sensed the sender was indeed Serin and her simple reply screamed volumes.

"Camden! Set course of Kejim! Maximum speed. I've established a link with one of the Jedi there. I'll keep our psionic bond intact for as long as I can in order to gain her position."

Camden nodded without verbal reply and punched numbers into the nav-computer. Kai turned to Liana.

"Man the underbelly gun turret. We may need some covering fire."

"It will be done, Halicon." The Twi'lek replied and scooted out of the room, her cape trailing behind her.

Camden turned to his master.

"We're lucky; Kejim's nearby. We should be in orbit within seven minutes."

"Good. I hope Serin can hold on that long....."

He reached out with the Force again, trying to establish contact once more.

Serin.... It's Halicon. We've got a lock on your location and we're almost out of hyperspace. There's only three of us coming but we'll do our best to help you. Hold on - I've linked our minds so I'll be with you telepathically until my ship gets there. You're not alone.

TAG: KissSpooky.

21. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance sensed the pipe floating his way and turned his grip slightly, angling the person he held in his grip as a sort of human shield to counter the blow. What came to him after that was quite strange, and he began to wonder how he had managed to sense it in the first place. Skywalker. That name rang through his head like the echo of a shotgun blast. He threw his victim down across the corridor in a seething rage. "Troopers!" he shrieked. "Attack the Jedi NOW! Leave nothing! Take no prisoners!!" Lance then left, arming the security features in the corridor. Among these features was a high-tech tamper-proof surveillance system. Also in the crowd was an Ysalamiri, crawling in the walls, impervious to direct assault. It slowly migrated to the outer extent of the walls, weakening all Force power in the room to a bare minimum. As Lance walked out, he laughed over the current predicament he had left the Republic Jedi in. "You'll notice you still have your powers. Enjoy what little you have."

22. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC:It seems like Lance had to snap Ilyx's bones with his hands...sorry :( And on the other thing, it seems that old habits die hard. I'm going to stop it know, that's for sure...being on the other side of the world doesn't help, either...anyway, down to business...and aren't we on Fest, not Kejim?

IC:
    Lying, forgotten, in a heap on the floor, Ilyx watched the blade duel in awe. He heard the word "Skywalker" being thrown around a little, but it brought him little hope.
    Sith spawn, I'm as good as dead already.
    Crawling down to corridor, Ilyx managed to escape the attention of KnightHawk and the Jedi, reaching a small, deserted hangar, the center of which was occupied by a Lambda class shuttle. Scrambling into the cockpit, Ilyx brought the shuttle into the air and skillfully manovered it back towards the battle, ignoring the dreadful tearing sounds of the large wings ripping gashes in the walls of the detention block. Powering up the heavy cannons, Ilyx settled his crosshairs around KnightHawk and heard the bleep signifying a target lock.
    Prepare to die, Force-scum!
    The lasers screamed away, and Ilyx watched them tear into the mans body, ripping him to shreds.

But that didn't happen.

The blast stopped, centemeters away from the Dark Jedi, and headed back towards the shuttle, blasting through the cockpit canopy and sending Ilyx sprawling. Hurredly scrolling through damage reports, Ilyx saw KnightHawk turn his attention to him.

Oh, Sith Spit!

However Ilyx's life was spared, for an almighty explosion rocked the roof, followed by a slender, athletic man dropping from the hole created, brandishing a strange weapon that seemed similar to a lightsaber.

Jedi. I've given up trying to predict them...

TAG: KnightHawk, KissSpooky, KaiHalicon

23. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    As the dark Jedi made to leave, shrieking like a madman for his troopers to kill them, Serin suddenly went her connection to the force waning. Her connection to Kai dissappeared..."Oh, this can't be good." She said to Kalai, as she signaled the other Jedi over to commander Aran who'd been tossed off to the side.

"You'll notice you still have your powers. Enjoy what little you have." The dark man laughed at them and turned to go. Whispering under her breath, Serin said "If this is what I think it is, then your powers are diminished as well..."
    Quickly drawing her small blaster, she let a flurry of shots fly at the man, knowing it likely wouldn't kill him, before holstering the weapon and focusing on the oncoming troopers.

Quickly glancing at Kalai, kneeling beside Aran, Serin yelled an order. "Grab him! Back the way we came, hurry, I'll cover your escape!" Steading herself, Serin waited for Kalai to help Aran through the door behind her, and then started making way backwards down the hall. As she got through the doors, she hit the controls to close them, then fried the controls with her lightsaber, knowing the doors wouldn't hold the troopers for long, but would at least buy them a few minutes.
    Taking advantage of that, Serin ran down the hall after Kalai and the wounded commander.

24. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: -- To A-WingsRule

I'm going to side with KissSpooky's choice for narration only because I find it impossible for you to successfully make your way to the hangar in the base, considering that...

A) It was intentionally designed to be farther away from the detention area than you seem to have placed it, and...

B) I'd like you to explain to me how you could have managed to arrive at that hangar while the base is on red alert and every Imperial in the installation would want you dead.

Also, thank you for clearing up that we are on Fest. My out-of-character narration must have confused our friend Kai for a moment. I will try not to be so confusing in later narrations.

As for the rest of the plot (and this is where everyone should be reading with somewhat a sense of interest, be it real or fake)... I am considering merging this somewhat with another RPG idea, that I tried running earlier. It would obviously have that one part finished and then inserted, without having a third research item in the works in the major story. If anybody wants to interject their opinions to the introduction of the TIE Defender, they may do so. However, I stress again that I am merely considering whether or not I will ressurect that strange combat vessel.

Also... As you'll notice in some earlier posts, I don't discourage the implementation of canon characters from the Star Wars movies and games. However, they must remain completely NPC.

IC:

Lance faintly heard the sound of blaster shots ringing off of the falling door, and thanked the Force for hurrying it on its way down. He knew one thing for certain, and that was that Admiral Fyyar would be a little peeved to find out that a pair of Jedi Knights had invaded the complex. To compensate for that matter, he signaled a small platoon of stormtrooper elites to wait outside the isolated corridor.

Something told him to have them wait off a small bit farther away from the corridor. He could sense that they had escaped the hallway of doom, and that they would have a few more minutes before the DTs got to them. He walked over to the nearest computer panel, intent on eliminating the commander and the two Jedi before he sent Galak the report. After 0.5 minutes of typing, Lance had successfully managed to seal off the hallway they were in. It was airtight, except for a couple of ventilation shafts. These shafts were independent of the main circulation system, and could be made to run with different substances than the air in the rest of the complex. Lance entered a code to make them run poison gas through the shafts, causing the corridor with the Jedi to flood with deadly toxins. He then locked down the entire hallway with an extra layer of blaster-proof doors, so as to make sure that they would not escape easily.

GM:

The Doomgiver was floating in all of its dark splendor in the vastness of space above the remote world of Kejim. For some odd reason, though, its commanding officer did not have that high-spirited emotion in his step as he walked on the bridge. Desann would be calling any minute now, wondering how the experiments were going. Going. HA! he thought sarcastically. What experiments? Some damned Republic spy just wrecked my facility! Suddenly, there came a call on the main communications line. The entire bridge went silent as Galak answered. A harsh voice cut through the static. "How go our experiments on Kejim?" the evil-sounding voice asked.
    "They're not even going at all," Fyyar said. His voice was much more stony than his nerves were at the time, and he was surprised that he had maintained his composure when mentioning a failure to this Dark Jedi. "From what our security cameras have been able to detect, it appears to be the handywork of the Republic operatives Jan Ors and Kyle Katarn. Almost everyone in the outpost was killed."
    Everyone on the bridge, except for Fyyar, trembled when they heard Desann's growl of discontentment...

25. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't crashing a shuttle through a fortified base to get through to the detention block destroy the shuttle and kill the person piloting? Probably?
    As for the Fest/Kejim thing....I said Kejim because everyone started speaking about Kejim, so I just went with the flow....maybe in between when Aran passed out and woke up in the cell, they transfered?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.