main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Old and the New...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KnightHawk, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Kalai couldn?t believe her ears. Knighthawk commanded his troopers to stand down. He was letting them go! The reason she didn't understand but it was good enough. The commander?s handcuffs fell from his wrists and he was bearly conscious. Knighthawk applied a breather mask and left. Kalai ran over to Ilyx.
    "We've got to get him to a medical centre pronto"
    She yelled to Kai and Serin as she helped Ilyx to stand up and support him. He grimaced in pain.
    ?Don?t worry commander, your gonna be Ok?
    Strapping her breather over his mouth and nose.
    ?Serin, your gonna need your breather more then I do after that fancy display?
    She saw Serin giving her an almost disapproving look
    ?Don?t worry. I practiced a technique back at the temple to hold my breath a little longer under water. It should work. If not I can share Kai's? ?

2. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC:Good to have you back, Jedi_Padawan_Leigh.

Ilyx was barely aware of the Jedi strapping a breather mask to his face, picking him up, helping him hobble across the floor. He couldn't think, his head was full of dancing Ewoks.

Sith spit, we're at peace!

All these years he had fought, risking life day and night, hour after hour...and now it was all over. All over.

Ilyx was thrown from his thoughts when the party stopped, immediatley. Through the tears of joy in his eyes he saw a green mist, a mist that looked oddly familar, turning his stomouch to ice.

"Ah, it appears KnightHawk has forgotten to switch of the gas."

TAG:The Jedi

3. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Sorry if I missed out a bit on the action, been sick.

IC: The swirling trails of gas began to fill the corridor and Kai recognised that the gas was less than friendly. Evidently Lance had either lied about letting them go or had unintentionally forgotten to shut off the gas valve. With his motives so gaurded, Kai was unable to tell which one it was.

He immediately knelt low and took a large breath of clean air. The Jedi Master had trained himself to hold his breath for up to three minutes but it had been a while since he'd practiced this manouver and in all honesty, he was unsure about how long he could hold on for.

Reaching out with the Force, he called to Kalai and Serin.

We need an evac right now. I'm going to summon my crew - they can possibly meet us outside, but we need out of this room now.

Kai stared at the blast doors. They were two-foot thick durasteel and no easy substance to penetrate. Regardless, the Jedi lit his saber. He thrust the blade forward with all his strength and graudually pushed the luminous saber deep into the door. It began to spark and hiss as Kai began to slowly cut a whole in the door.

However, the physical exertion was taking a toll on him, and he felt his vision could. He'd not inhaled the gas yet, but already, his hands were shaking.

Serin....... Help me please....

Time was running out for them. Within a minute, the gas would smother the room entirely and overwhelm them unless they could escape.

Kai called out to Camden and Liana back on The Rogue Knight.

Help... need rescue....home in on communicator signal...hurry....

Tag: All

4. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    As the three Jedi strived to cut open the door, Ilyx strained himself, pulling the gas mask from his face and holding his breath. With great effort, he managed to speak four painfully short words:

"Step back. Order: Epsilon."

As the Jedi followed his cryptic command, Ilyx felt his legs buckle beneath him, felt one of the Jedi dive to catch him before he fell, felt the breath of fresh air as the gas mask was put over his mouth.

The last thing Ilyx saw before fainting was the rocket he had hacked into earlier speeding around the corner and impacting with the door, blowing a huge hole in the durasteel construction.

Then everything went black.

TAG:Everybody

5. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Kalai watched Kai as he tryed to cut through the blast door. He had given her his breather but was soon having problems.He was also contacting his crew which was putting extra strain on him.
    "Kai, Here"
    She passed him back his breather. Suddenly Ilyx took off his mask and uttered four just audible words.

"Step back, Order epsilon"

His legs buckled again and Kalai dived for him, putting the mask back over his face. An explosion filled her ears. Through the swirling mist, she couldnt tell who entered the command, but the rocket which ilyx de-activated earlier impacted on the blast door, Leaving a gapeing hole in its place. Ilyx then passed out. Kalai could feel the effects of the toxins slowly taking over her, but the commander was the top priority. She could see a light vaugley at the end of the mist.
    "The exit! Come *cough* On!"

6. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

It was odd, this strange feeling of happiness at releasing the annoying prisoners. It was very odd indeed. However, it did feel good. Lance did the best he could to ignore it as he entered the commands to exit hyperspace. It was strange to still have this feeling, even hours later. It was even stranger to hope that they would be okay and that they would arrive soon. The Avenger was soon tilted downward towards one of the Republic's guest hangars when Lance picked up a very dark feeling. He readied his comm-link and stuffed it in his pocket, ready to use it if he needed to.

Lance had a dark scowl on his face as he left his ship. After all, he was angry enough to shoot the 'messenger', and there he was. "Galak," he said angrily, "do you know how much I want to rip you apart right now?" There were other Imperial officers there, including one he didn't know.
    "I'm flattered," Admiral Fyyar growled. "Just try and be polite here, so that they don't pick up on the plan."
    "Listen, Admiral." Lance was visibly enraged at this insolent fool. "If you want me to be happy and polite, find a pharmacy that'll refill my 5-year old Prozac prescription."

The Imperial delegation walked through the corridors, quite (How do I say it?) 'dysfunctional' in regards to their cooperation. When the door opened, the entire Republic diplomat team was seen sitting at or standing near the table, waiting for them. At the head of the table was Mon Mothma herself. Lance's right arm shot forward, the hand clenched into a claw formation. The Force seeped through it as he attempted to strangle her. "YOU!" he yelled. The memories of the civilian transport incident came flooding back to his mind. "I can never forgive you for what happened that day. Now I have my chance to destroy you." He clenched his grip even tighter, and the senator felt even more pain as her widnpipe became smaller and smaller.
    "General! Listen to me, please! I'm deeply sorry for what happened to your wife that day, but killing people won't bring her back." She was gasping for breath.
    "Neither do your apologies!!" he bellowed, throwing her against the far wall. It took a great effort for him to keep himelf from reaching for the lightsabers or the assault rifle. "Let's get down to business. Sooner we're done, sooner I'm gone and everyone here is safe."

OOC:

If anyone on the Republic wants to take control of Senator Mothma, they may. Please, though, only one person. Discuss it amongst yourselves via PM and send one to me when you are ready.
    Admiral Mereel... If you want, I have a space open for you on the Imperial delegation. I specifically marked it as the unknown person, so that I could randomly include you if you wanted to be part of the conference.
    -RavenTengu- & corellian_chic242... I think I can squeeze both of you in somehow. I will definitely give it a try.

7. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC:Ambassador Furgan has nothing on you :)!

IC:
    ABOARD THE ROGUE KNIGHT

Ilyx woke up, the soft rhythym of Hyperspace ringing in his ears. Opening his eyes, he slowly stood up, observing his surroundings. Still fairly dizzy, Ilyx braced himself on a nearby doorjam and levered himself into the ship's hold, where he was met by the smiles of his three saviours, as well as two others, a boy and a twi'lek who he did not know.

"So, where are we headed? Coruscant?"

Several people in the room nodded.

"Good. I was supposed to rendevous with General Antilles aboard the Lusankya three days ago."

The boy piped up. "Don't worry. The Lucie is currently in the Coruscant system, watching over the peace talks."

Ilyx nodded, solemnly. "Good. Because you don't just start peace talks in an instant, you have to give them many weeks, heck even months of careful thought. Now, I'm no politician, but spawning out Dark Troopers doesn't qualify to me as peaceful. The Remnant are up to something, and I intend to find out."

The Twi'lek laughed, shaking her head. "You just want to get Antilles' autograph, don't you?"

Ilyx smiled. "Yeah, and there's that as well."

TAG: Everybody at the peace talks.

8. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Thankfully Kalai's judgement about the exit was right. The Rouge Knight arrived just minutes after Kai's contact with its crew. After boarding, One of Kai's padawans checked them over, seeing to Serins arm, making sure Ilyx was stable and checking Kai and herself for any serious effects to the gases. Nothing too serious, just a temporary dizzyness and weak feeling which would soon pass. They were now standing in the hold of the ship. The older Jedi were conversing about something called the peace talks, but Kalai wasn't listening. The events of the day had seriously tired out the young Jedi and politics was the last thing on her mind. She then sensed Ilyx, waking up and heading to the hold. He was still quite weak but his condition was improving. He also started asking about the peace talks and talking about a meeting with Antillies. Kalai felt more exaustion creep up on her but this was not the time to sleep. When Ilyx finished speaking to Liana she walked over to him?
    "How are you feeling commander?"

9. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: I missed the rest of the fight...well, actually there wasn't much left TO the fight, but still...oh well :D

IC: Serin sat herself down in the nearest chair as soon as the group boarded the Rogue Knight, allowing her wounds to be examined, and the exhaustion of the past couple days to finally sink in. It seemed to have last much longer. They started speaking about the peace treaty. Serin spoke and answered when spoken to, but her mind was elsewhere.

She looked around the ship, at Kalai, who Serin could only imagine what she was feeling, at commander Aran, who'd nearly been killed a couple times due to Serin's lack of action, at Kai who'd come all this way with his apprentices. Mostly, she just felt tired.

Tenatively, Serin closed her eyes into a healing meditative trance.

10. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai left his apprentices to tend to his three companions as he retired to his small quarters in the back of the ship - it was nothing more than a small alcove with a bunk but it was his own private space and his alone.

He removed his coat, blasters and staff, but kept his lightsaber lodged in the leather holster on the left side of his belt. He was tired, somewhat dishevelled and weary of further conflict but hopefully they'd avoid any further action for a while. He reached out with the Force, scanning across the ship.

Ilyx and Kalai were discussing the peace talks. Ilyx was a good man, honest and resourceful. He reminded Kai a bit of his old Jedi Master, Quin Torrin.

Kalai, despite her youth, was mature and quick thinking. She'd wasted no time in giving him that breather back in the complex and her speedy actions had probably saved him from blacking out.

Liana was at the helm, piloting the ship. Normally, she was weary of strangers, human in particular given to the fact she'd been a slave bartered by man earlier in her life. However, she seemed to show a great deal of respect for the Jedi and Ilyx in particular.

Camden was in the co-pilot's chair, plotting a course. The boy sometimes became lost in thought and Halicon could tell he was focusing deeply on the events that had just transpired. Kai knew that he'd raised a good apprentice and future Jedi Knight.

He stepped from the bunk room and made his way to the main hold, where he found the meditating form of Serin sitting in a chair, facing out the large observation window. Kai touched her with the Force, feeling her relaxation and calmness flow over him like a blanket.

He walked across to the window and knelt beside her. If she was aware of his presence, she made no notice of it, her face betraying not emotion. Kai saw her dark eyelashes flutter for a second and flinched.

Relax. She's a girl...not a Dark Trooper.

Kai pulled a second chair up beside her and sat down in it. He glanced at Serin again before he laid himself back and stretched out his tired form.

Something about you Serin.... Something appeals to me. Perhaps it's becuase I've touched your thoughts with my own...but perhaps it's more. I'm unsure.

Wondering if she could hear him, Kai stopped thinking and closed his eyes. His last thoughts were of the evening sunset across the wild plains of Tyrol where he loved to roam as a child just before the wave of comforting sleep washed over the Jedi's exhausted form.

Tag: KissSpooky

11. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC:To avoid confustion, I'm TAGGING from Jedi_Padawan_Leigh's message a few posts back, btw.

IC:
    "How are you feeling, Commander?" asked Kalai.

Ilyx gave the young Jedi a grateful smile.

"Well, let me put it this way. If it hadn't been for you and your Jedi friends, I'd be feeling a lot worse!"

They both smiled, and Ilyx changed the subject, trying to think of something else than his current state; although he had removed the cast, and would be 100% functional by the time they reached Coruscant, his foot was still pulsating with pain, and he wanted to get his mind away from it.

"How do you think the peace talks will go? Personally, I have a bad feeling about this."

TAG: Jedi_Padawan_Leigh

OOC: Just noticed - 'Ilyx was a good man, honest and resourceful. He reminded Kai a bit of his old Jedi Master, Quin Torrin.' - Thanks, Kai! :)

12. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    "How do you think the peace talks will go?"
    Ilyx asked
    "Personally, I have a bad feeling about this."
    Kalai looked at him and sighed
    "To tell you the truth Ilyx, I don't know what to think. Politics were never my strong point but now we are dealing with the remenant, and to add to that, a dark Jedi"
    She looked around at Serin who was in meditation and Kai who had just recently fell asleep.
    "One things for sure though ... Were all going to have to be prepared, and very careful"...

13. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    Ilyx opened his mouth to reply, but he was stopped short by a blaring alarm.

We have entered the Coruscant system.

Camden, the boy, immediatley got landing permission for the Rogue Knight and set it down on one of the hovering landing platforms. Everybody piled out of the cruiser, and Ilyx took a deep breath, sampling the fresh Coruscant air, his first truly fresh air for many days.

However, it seemed tainted. Sour.

Sith spit, the Remnant must be here.

Looking over the beautiful views of skyscraper after skyscraper, Ilyx wiped his eyes, gasping in awe.

"This is where it really begins."

TAG: Anyone and everyone

14. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain wonders what's going on::

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

15. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC, to Admiral_JasterMereel:

You should probably post in regards to your ideas of an armistice between the two factions.

16. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    OOC: Alright. Can you briefly summarize in a PM, please. I need to go to lunch quickly. Give me about 2-4 Standard hours.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

17. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: No worries, A-WingsRule.

:D

IC: Kai awoke suddenly, but without shock or the impulse to grab his lightsaber - when he'd lived with the Mokari three years ago, he'd slept outside a lot of the time and had occassionally been awoken suddenly by night prowlers. As such, the Jedi sometimes didn't slept well unless he was truly exhausted.

His temples stung a bit and all at once the Force returned to him. Telepathy was one of Kai's more formidable Force traits - he was psionically strong enough to sense a stray thought a continent away but it often came with a price; his mind was constantly active and as such, he often picked up on stray conversations, dozens of voices at a time. It might of driven him mad once but after careful training, the Jedi had learned to control it to a degree where he could shut out most of the psionic static. However, vastly populated areas like Coruscant tended to be harder to negotiate.

He got up and realised they were back on Coruscant, the Force revealing his location in instant. He reached out to Camden, who confirmed their arrival via telepathy. The others were already outside and Kai noticed Serin's form had vanished from the chair beside him.

Pity.... somehow, I find her presense.....relaxing....

The Jedi Master returned to his bunkroom to don his coat and tidy himself up a bit before joining his crew and companions on the landing platform. He exited the room and inhaled. The air was fresher up here in the upper levels and although Coruscant had almost entirely eradicated air polution, it didn't seem to taste as fresh as the wind that blew across the Tyrolian plains. Kai wasn't overly fond of Coruscant - he'd grown up in large open spaces and around nature and in truth, found Coruscant's high-rises and focus on development somewhat clasutrophobic.

He passed his silver astromech droid, the black-lined panels of the aftermarket K-2 unit blending in with the shadows of the dimly lit ship's corridors. The K-2's were virtually identical to the R-2 series save a few visual aspects and a more modern operating system. KB-187 warbled a mellow beep and Kai petted the droid's dome.
    "Please watch the ship Kaybee. I don't think we'll have anything to worry about here, but let me know if there's anything suspicious happening."

The droid bleated a response and Kai walked down the exit ramp. Camden and Liana stood at he foot of the ramp, respectively wrapped in their poncho and cloak. It was mid afternoon now and the wind was rising, cool on their skin. Ilyx's foot seemed better; he was hobbling less and seemed in good spirits having returned to Coruscant. Much of his uniform had been torn so Camden had given him Kai's old flight jacket from his pilot days with the Archangel Squadron. It seemed to suit Ilyx though.

Serin and Kalai were covered in spare Jedi robes that Liana had dug out of storage lockers on The Rogue Knight and they looked a little less exhausted than before. The group all gathered round the exit ramp.

"I'm going to speak to Master Skywalker about our incident on Fest - Serin, Kalai, you're welcome to join me. Ilyx, I take it you've got a report to make of your own and possibly a meeting to attend. If you don't have any objections, I'd like Camden and Liana to accompany you; you're still not entirely healed and we'd all feel safer if you had someone to flank you if need be."

Camden and Liana bowed almost ceremoniously as Kai handed Ilyx a spare DL-44 blaster and holster he'd found on the ship. He also handed him a small comlink.

"Here - you may need these. The blaster's got a full charge and the comlink's directly linked to my wrist-comm and the ship. Keep in touch."

With that, the Jedi Master Halicon bid them farewell and started off on his journey towards the Jedi temple a few streets away. For a moment, he thought back to Lance and their conflict on Fest.

Was I mistaken.....or did I sense a feeling of....contentment....when Lance released us....? Perhaps ther

18. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Kalai felt the rogue knight touch down when they finally arrived at coruscant. Liana gave her and Serin two spare Jedi Robes to see them through until they got back to the temple. They stepped out into the open air and a cool breeze was blowing. Soon Master Halicon joined them.
    "I'm going to speak to Master Skywalker about our incident on Fest - Serin, Kalai, you're welcome to join me. Ilyx, I take it you've got a report to make of your own and possibly a meeting to attend. If you don't have any objections, I'd like Camden and Liana to accompany you; you're still not entirely healed and we'd all feel safer if you had someone to flank you if need be."
    Kalai nodded in agreement to the Jedi masters proposal, She saw him hand Ilyx a blaster and a comm-link. When everyone was sorted out, Kai and Serin started for the temple.
    ?Be safe Camden, Liana, Commander?
    She said before turning to catch up the older Jedi. Something was nagging at the back of her mind though, something she couldn?t quite place.
    ?I have a bad feeling about all this?
    She thought to herself as they made their way through the crowds ?

19. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    Ilyx gratefully accepted the blaster and the escort, and bade his new friends a farewell, although he was certain that their paths would cross in the near future. He boarded a shuttle and before he knew it, he was aboard the Lusankya, meeting with General Antilles of all people. Ilyx knew Antilles quite well, having been stationed on the Home One with the pilot around the time of Endor, so formalities were soon dropped.

"Wedge, it's good to see you."
    "You too, Ilyx. When I heard about the battle I feared the worst."
    "Yeah, well, when you have Jedi around things get a lot easier." Ilyx gestured at Camden and Liana, who were busily inspecting the massive hangar. "If it wasn't for these two, and three others, I wouldn't be here. Anyway, how are the Wraiths?"
    "They're fine. Looking forward to your return."
    Although not many people knew it, Commander Ilyx Aran was actually a member of the top-secret Wraith Squadron, an elite intelligence group. He had joined the squadron soon after his transfer into intelligence.
    "Good. As soon as I finish my report..."
    "...you'll be going back down to the surface. I've had the Wraiths clear out a small, abandoned space barn near the peace summit. I want you to go and watch over the meeting..."
    "...and snipe anything that gets out of hand."
    "Spot on."
    Ilyx sighed. "No rest for the wicked..."

TAG:Anyone on Coruscant

20. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain entered the comittee trailed by four warriors. He was wearing his suit comprised of Mandalore and other designs. He sat at the table while the guards stood in a v-formation behind him::

Bain: I apologize for my informality. I am Bain Mereel Chorz II, Crown-Prince of Cheln.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

21. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance looked around, brooding. He then turned to the Republic delegation, and their obvious leader, Snator Mon Mothma. "It appears, ma'am, that the last member of our delegation has suddenly dveloped cold feet. Such a pity, I must say." His face still wore the scowl that it had when he had walked in earlier, but some of the edge was gone. I expect that you will have some Jedi on your side of the bargaining table." There was something about this meeting that did not fit right with him. He looked at Bain, wondering how the prince could stay so calm in a situation like this, and almost immediately turned to the doorway as the admiral walked in and quickly sat down.

GM:

A small luxury cruiser had just left Nar Shaddaa. There were 2 people on board, and they were of great importance to the Republic. One of them was Lando Calrissian. The other was Kyle Katarn. The two were cruising through hyperspace, en route to Bespin, bound to run into some trouble from the local Dark Jedi. Desann was pleased as he thought of this. A perfect test for his Reborn army. Soon, he thought, the galaxy will be mine!

22. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Sensing Lance's uncomfortable tone, Bain called to him through the Force::

Do not worry. These will end soon enough.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

23. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance sent a message right back. I'm new to peace negotiations, my friend. I should be killing these people and eating their remains for lunch.

TAG: AJM, any Republic soldiers. (Pick that in any order.)

24. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Serin came out of her restful trace to watch the skyline of Coruscant quickly coming up upon them. Within moments, the Rogue Knight was pulling into a slightly jerky stop at a docking port. Serin glanced over to her side to see Master Halicon in a restful slumber nearby. Standing up, the young Jedi felt much better than she had earlier, other than a dull ache in her shoulder. Soon, Kalai came back with Liana in tow, who held out some fresh robes. Quickly changing, they stepped out into the breeze of Coruscant. Serin had been to this giant city-planet many times, but it always left her with an odd, off feeling. Probably just from the history of this planet, all that had happened before she was even born. Before long, Master Halicon joined them.

"I'm going to speak to Master Skywalker about our incident on Fest - Serin, Kalai, you're welcome to join me." At this, Serin looked to Kalai and nodded to Halicon. The Jedi Master then turned to commander Aran. "Ilyx, I take it you've got a report to make of your own and possibly a meeting to attend. If you don't have any objections, I'd like Camden and Liana to accompany you; you're still not entirely healed and we'd all feel safer if you had someone to flank you if need be."

Serin waved to Ilyx and the two apprentices, and fell into step behind Kai. Feeling a little chill from Kalai's direction, she turned and looked at the younger woman, giving her a gentle questioning look. She looked a little worried, but seemed to brush it away, so Serin didn't press.

Going off with Kai, the Jedi couldn't help but wonder what would be next, given recent events.

OOC: Sorry I haven't been very responsive lately

25. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Having received the last thought, Bain smirked::

You'll have your chance. As I said, this meeting will be ended early... under my control.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.