main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Old and the New...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KnightHawk, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Kai, Serin and Kalai reached the Jedi Temple. Kalai had only been to the coruscant temple a handful of times in her youth, as she did the majority of her earlier training at the Yavin academy, But over the years made coruscant her home from home. She looked around at the surrounding streets before following her companions into the temple...

2. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain blocked all thoughts for the moment and returned to the meeting::

Bain: Has Chandrilla anything to say? For my own part, Cheln will remain as it is.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

3. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance sent his thought in a harsh yet tactical reply. I reccomend you give the senator a moment. I just came close to killing her. Also, I'll try and keep the interference limited, so that our secret plans are not leaked. With that, lance turned to the admiral. "Fyyar, I would reccomend you return to the Doomgiver now, and await further instruction. Any deviation on your part, and I will kill you." He then turned to the assembly. "I hereby propose a motion for a momentary unmoderated caucus, to be adjourned in one hour, at which time all personnel who are able to continue debate will convene here again, and discussion will resume. Is there a second?"

TAG: Admiral_JasterMereel, any and all Republic operatives.

OOC: To the Republic operatives... First off, one of you should be controlling Mothma's responses, or the conference will get kind of bland. Secondly, if one of you could somehow arrive here, that would be fun. I'm not ordering it, but I am attemtping to politely ask it.

GM: A dark shadow was hanging over Cloud City. Literally. If Katarn's hand slipped, Tavion would be in the Rethin Sea before one could count to 50. Three minutes after this fateful scene, though, two shadows were seen moving across the landing pad. One ran into the building, trying to hide. The other hopped aboard the cargo cruiser, and was suddenly lost in a trip to the Lenico belt. A small scorch mark or two blotted the landing pad, emblems of a horrific duel that had passed into memory. Kyle felt a little more at ease, though. After all, Jan was still alive. But what would Lenico bring?

4. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC:Alright, I think I might just find a way to *arrive* at the conference...

IC:As Camden touched the air taxi down on the top of a skyscraper, Ilyx tried hard not to be amazed. They were landing in a crater created by heavy explosives, yet from even close distance it was impossible to tell that anything was amiss with the place.
    The Wraiths sure know how to do their jobs!
    As Camden and Liana took up blaster pistols and covered Ilyx, the sniper took up a position as the edge of the skyscraper, directly above the conference building, which had a transparisteel roof. Tracking the meeting through his crosshairs, Ilyx rocked a little, unstable.
    If I fall, I end up right in the middle of that meeting!

TAG:Anyone on Coruscant

5. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC - Ok knighthawk, I'll try and post mon mothma's responses but if Im a bit sketchy with the responses just bear with me.(Im not very political minded ;))

IC AS MON MOTHMA

After the Ruckus Knighthawk caused when he first arrived at the meeting, everyone was on edge. But even though she had just been thrown against a wall, Mon Mothma collected herself and sat back down with the group of representatives, but she was still quite shaken. Looking over to Knighthawk and Bain, they seemed to be sending subtle signals to each other. What that was exactly, she couldn?t tell.
    "Representatives of the remnant"
    She began
    "You have been asked here, to try and come to a compromise. The galaxy cannot function properly when seen as a part of two rival factions. If anything, we should be seeing to the task of keeping this fragile new republic together, and free from conflict, corruption and bureaucracy. These were the reason for the fall of the old republic? and the old republic Jedi. We do not want history to repeat itself. The Jedi have slowly returned but the ranks are not sufficient to protect everyone and with this new republic slowly forming, is liable to many threats?
    She paused and surveyed the others in the room

6. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    As Camden and Liana rustled around behind him, Ilyx fought to keep his cross hairs away from KnightHawk's head.

No. Not only would both sides kill me for my crime, I bet that he'd find a way to avoid the blast.

Keeping the crosshairs centered on the table itself, Ilyx rubbed his freshly-shaven chin and ruffled his hair in the wind, wind that turned oh so suddenly into a downpour of rain.

Sith spawn, my luck stinks

TAG:The diplomats

7. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Apologies for my distinct lack of posting lately. I'm just glad this is one of the few RPG's that seems to have a relatively steady flow.

IC: The Jedi temple was always a place of awe and respect for Halicon and despite frequenting here often, it still managed to take his breath away.

Along with Serin and Kalai, Halicon had arrived at the temple to seek an audience with Master Skywalker to inform him of their latest findings on Fest. They'd been granted a meeting with him almost immdediately and as such, were now riding a lift to the main Council chambers where Skywalker and his cohorts were.

Across the elevator, Kai felt Kalai's mood darken for a moment and he reached out with the Force.

There's something bothering you, I can tell. I feel something dark on the horizon as well. Don't worry, we're amongst allies here.

Kalai didn't respond but her composure seemed to relax a bit at the Jedi Master's words. He felt a bit odd, being only slightly older than her and Serin and yet granted the audacious title of Master - he hoped that they had found him worthy of this title.

Serin seemed more laid back, but Kai could not help wonder what she thought of him. Although he could read her thoughts with ease, it was an invasion of privacy, he would never invoke. Luckily, the elevator arrived and Kai's train of thought was broken.

He realised that he knew precious little about his companions and that at some stage, he should make a better attempt to get to know them. The present might not be a good time, but they'd fought side by side and Kai realised that the field of battle had bonded him and the two women as combat often did. They might not know much about each other, but Kai would unconditionally defend either of them to the death.

They entered the Coucil chambers and Kai immdetiately felt humbled by the strength of the Jedi in the room. He scanned the area, seeing the familiar faces of such Knights as Coran Horn, Cam Solusar, Streen, Kyp Durron and Solusar's wife, Tionne. Master Skywalker was sitting down in his chair, his brow slightly furrowed.

"Welcome, Jedi." He greeted them, and the three adventurers bowed in unision. Kai stood again and replied.

"Thank you, honourable Master."

Luke stood up and walked to the three Jedi. Kai was easily taller than the older man, but there was a strength in Skywalker's being that Kai could not help feeling subservient to.

"Kai, Serin, Kalai. I am glad to have you home, unharmed. I know that I would normally request an inquest into your findings but now is not the time. Things are afoot here, rife with the dark side. It appears there is more going on with the Dark Trooper project than we thought. The Remnant is heavily involved but to a degree we did not forsee."

"I don't understand, Master." Kai said, somewhat perplexedly.

"Don't worry Kai. I've already dispatched an old ally of ours to deal with that situation - I'm sure you're familiar with Kyle Katarn."

Kai nodded. Whilst not a true Jedi, Katarn was a potent Force user who, like Kai did not adhere to the usual Jedi mandate. He was a loner, a rogue and a cunning warrior. Kai had met him once on Nar Shaddar in in youth, when Katarn had been tracking a droid designated 8t-88 who'd supposedly stolen something from Katarn. Kai, still a padawan then, had helped Katarn fight off a couple of Gran in a bar and the two had a worked well as a team.

"Yes. Is there anything we can do?"

"Go to the peace talks. I have a feeling there may be trouble. I would prefer Jedi there who have first hand knowledge of the situation."

Kai nodded and made his way to the door. Serin and Kalai paused for a moment.

"Serin, Kalai, you two should accompany Kai. I feel that you will work well together. May the Force be with you all."

With that, Kai saluted farewell and two minutes later,they were on the ground floor. Making his way to an offside hanger, Kai requested the use of transport shuttle from the Jedi clerk. The three of the boarded it and with K

8. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

"Okay, so a motion to adjourn is probably not going to work here." Lance turned to the nearest orderly, his voice a loud yell. "You! Get a medic in here now, dammit!" The soldier left, and returned five minutes later with a 2-1B. "Doctor, I believe that senator Mothma is slightly injured. Take care of her, or I will have you turned into a slave for the spice mines of Kessel!" He turned to the senator. "I wish to apologize for trying to kill you when I walked in. It is part of my uncontrollable insanity. I am sure you understand. After all, one of your pilots accidentally killed my wife." He then walked out of the room, determined to keep his sanity. He sent a message to his friend Bain. Inform her, please, that I do not wish to harm anyone from now to the end of the conference, and I am therefore taking a small break. Perhaps the rain will do some good.

As soon as Lance got outside, he saw three people standing outside. One had a rifle trained on the conference room. He really didn't see them with his eyes, but with the Force. Well, either way, he didn't put much stock in them as a threat. After reading the sniper's mind as best he could, all he could tell was that they were security forces during the conference. Who had hired them, he couldn't say.
    The rain was a different matter entirely. It suddenly reminded him of the very lovely light drizzle that had covered the land on his wedding day, so long ago. As he walked, a vision came to him.

When he arrived at the spot that would serve as his place of relaxation, the vision had ended. He felt much stranger, much more... peaceful. He immediately changed his tuen and went straight to the Jedi Temple. His anger was not as great as before, but something told him he would probably not be welcomed. He noticed three people in an elevator that was heading to his floor, but took a different one. Those three looked very familiar, but he didn't want to waste time placing it. He went to wondering what Skywalker would think, having a Dark Jedi Master in the same room.

He walked in, and immediately felt a strange radiance in the room. It felt almost too cheerful, even for him. There were too many Light Jedi in there for him to handle, but he tried to keep his calm. Immediately, he walked up to the "chief" and knelt down, a strange object in his right hand. "Analyze this, Master Skywalker," Lance said, slowly getting to his feet. He then tossed the crystal to Luke. "This is the power source for the Shadow Troopers, which you have sent Katarn over to kill. Right now, even as I tell you this, an army is amassing to destroy the Republic. They aim for Yavin IV."

TAG: All

OOC: I have no grievance with those who have small lags in posting. As long as you post, I'm happy. Explanations for late posts are optional.

9. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    IC AS MON MOTHMA

She looked around at the deligation and her eyes met knighthawk. His eyes bored into her own, as if he coud sense her pain from the inncident before. He yelled to someone to get a medic immediately. The request was granted and a medic arrived. Looking up she saw knighthawk leave the room. One of her aides came up to her and said something in her ear. She sighed and carefully stood up to address the remaining representitives
    "My apoligies to all but the meeting will be adjourned for half and hour. I think we are all in the need of a break" As the meeting room emptied, she sat and let the medic examine her. A holo message came through on the desk.
    "Sorry M'lady but I was asked to inform you that Jedi master skywalker has sent two of his knights and a fellow master to oversee the talks"
    "I do not think that is nessesary leiutenant"
    She replyed.
    "Security is sound"
    "If im not mistaken, did I not hear the rogue that attacked you say he was insane? You could be in more danger then you think senator.If the incident before is anything to go by. The jedi know what they are dealing with. Rumor has it they encountered the same man on Fest!"
    Mon Mothma pondered this for a while before responding
    "Very well... Inform me of their arrival"

IC AS KALAI

While Kai and Serin were piloting the ship, Kalai was in the hold. Looking in one of the storage compartments, she found a training probe. Switching it on and igniting her saber, she started to deflect the bolts, but her mind was elsewhere.
    ?Whats with Knighthawk. He seems so conflictive, As if he doesn?t know what he wants?
    Bringing her focus back on the remote, she deflected a couple more bolts.
    ?But what if ??
    Distracted, she missed a bolt and it hit her in the arm
    ?Ow! Focus Kalai Focus!
    She said to herself
    She then heard Serin calling her to the cockpit. Shutting the remote off, she joined her companions. Looking out of the window, she saw the senatorial building come into view.

10. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Out of curiosity, why am I being referred to by my code-name in almost every post? Not that I'm upset or anything... I mean I can live with it, but... Why? Anyway, moving on...

IC:

Lance stormed back to the meeting hall, his mood considerably better, especially since the Council had chosen someone who was up to the task of eliminating an entire Force-bred monstrosity similar to the Shadow Trooper. He felt that the Remnant would soon be defeated, and he felt a small grimace as he envisioned the unemployment office. Oh well... he thought. Katarn saves the day, and I get an unemployment check. So what? Maybe they'll let me switch sides. Maybe...

As soon as he walked in, he realized he was in big trouble. Somebody had warned the senator as to his insanity, and his little clash with the three Jedi and the operative. Damn it! he thought harshly. He immediately stepped out of the room, typed something into his datapad, tapped the 'Send' button, and re-entered. "Ready when you are," he said, standing at the far end of the table, straight at the halfway point. His voice suddenly got lower. "I was wondering if I could defect to the Republic. You seem to be in charge, so I thought I'd run it by you."

TAG: Republic operatives, and Jedi_padawan_leigh

11. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    Bain: Something is wrong...

::Muttering this under his breath, not one in the meeting heard Bain. Standing, Bain and his Mandalor headed for the exit::

Bain: Pardon my actions, but I must leave immediately.

::Bain flung open the doors to the hall and strode quickly towards the landing bay::

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

12. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    As Camden completed the task of sending coordinates to Serin, Kalai and Kai, Ilyx watched the armoured man storm from the building.

I have a bad feeling about this...if only I could hear what they are saying!

Leaning over further to get a better view of the situation, Ilyx felt the rainy surface beneath him begin to slip, felt himself lose all grip, just managed to see the shocked expression on the faces of Camden and Liana. The last thing he managed to to do was throw his sniper rifle far, far away.

Now they won't be able to implicate the Republic in some sort of set up.

Then the G-Forces took over and Ilyx braced himself for the impact.

TAG: Delegateers, Admiral_Jaster_Mareel

OOC: It's a long drop from the skyskraper to the conference, so Ilyx hasn't hit it yet. If anyone wants me to smash through the roof in one of their posts for dramatic reasons or something, feel free to do so. :)

13. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain strode through the large opening into the landing bay and marched to the Fury, surrounded by the crafts of his warriors::

Bain: We're off. Jeno and Rana, come with me. Kane and Senn, return to the Vengeance.

::The Fury flared to life and hummed off into the atmosphere with his wingmen. As they neared the Star Destroyer, the 4EB and its wings shot into hyperspace. Bain flicked his comlink::

Bain: Taryn, go to the Yavin System. There is some business I must conduct.

Taryn: Yes, sir.

::the Vengeance turned and shot into hyperspace::

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

14. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance sensed a small problem occurring outside, related to the peace conferences themselves. Aran, you fool! he thought to himself. Fortunately, he had very good skills in the arts of object manipulation, up to the point that he could move people. He and Mothma both turned to see Ilyx falling fast towards the roof. That could hurt for a long time, Lance thought as he lifter his hand. Immediately, Ilyx was suspended in mid-air. This did not last forever, though, and soon, the commander was gently falling down. A small laser bolt came from Lance's assault rifle, aimed into the sky very far from Ilyx's body. The shot broke the roof open, and Lance gently set the foolish soldier down on the floor of the conference room. "Are you some kind of idiot!?" he screamed. "Never lean over a balcony on a rainy day! You could have killed yourself!" A hateful warning shout out from Lance to Ilyx through the Force. You are lucky I am in a very good mood, or you would have been in trouble. Your friends are sadly not here yet. "Damned fool. Get to the medical ward immediately, before I reconsider my state of mind and kill you." He sensed something strange in the soldier, almost like a desire to hide some guilt. He then noticed the sniper rifle was missing. Maybe not so foolish, Lance thought to himself.

TAG: A-WingsRule

15. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    IC AS MON MOTHMA

The medic finished his analysis on the senator. Once her aide was satisfied she dismissed it. One of the representatives, Prince Bain Mereel Chorz II entered the meeting room
    ?Pardon my actions, but I must leave immediately?
    ?Very well Prince Bain, but may I ask why?
    It was to late, he was already heading out of the doors. "So much for this meeting being straightforward"
    she said aloud to herself. Looking at a datapad, she brung up knighthawk?s details. Real name ? Lance T Mcallister.
    ?Oh, I only knew him as knighthawk?
    She thought to herself
    ?How rude of me not to use your real name Mr Mcallister?
    Looking up he approached her, and asked her something
    "I was wondering if I could defect to the Republic. You seem to be in charge, so I thought I'd run it by you."
    ?Well??
    Just as she went to respond, she heard the sound of smashing glass. Looking up, she saw a young man plunging through the glass dome.
    ?Oh My!?
    She exclaimed, at the height he was falling he would be seriously injured. But Lance was already seeing to it. Blowing the glass out of the dome, he used his force powers to catch him mid fall and set him down on the conference room floor. Mothma was impressed and slightly surprised by his actions, but with everything that had transpired today, it was hardly suprising. Lance then started yelling at the man, but looked like he was communicating with him using more than words.
    ?There is more to Mcallister than meets the eye?
    She thought to herself, as she watched the young man hastily get up and quickly walk out of the meeting room, looking like the only thing that was damaged was his ego. She shook her head and looked at the room, which was now covered in glass. The rest of the delegation rushed in to see what had just happened. Shock and surprise on their faces.
    ?Looks like we are going to have to re-schedule?
    She said coolly, looking over at Lance
    ?Yes ? there?s definitely something about you. Perhaps when the jedi arrive, a lot can be resolved ??

OOC - You have no idea how long that took to write lol. Am I doing an Ok job with mon mothma???

16. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    From the rear of the vehicle, Kai overheard Kalai's comment regarding Lance and although the Jedi Master did not reply, he did ponder on it for a moment.

She's right...... Lance is.....unpredictable at best. So much anger, but yet so much potential. In truth, he reminds me of what I could of become if I had embraced the dark side...

Kai felt his spine tingle at that very thought. It had only been a few years since his brush with the Dark Side, where he'd been subservient to a fallen Jedi who'd embraced the way of the Sith. He'd originally defected in order to infiltrate and betray the Sith Lord Mephet'ran, who had ironically been his Jedi father's master, but he'd fallen further into evil that he'd thought possible. It was only through the help of his friends, family and fellow Jedi that he'd broken free of that shroud of soul-crushing darkness.

He saw the Senate building and pulled the shuttle into the parking berth before he, Kalai and Serin exited the small transport. On instinct, he reached out with the Force to Camden. It was strange to not have his young apprentice with him on this mission but at the same time, he realised it was good for him and Liana to have some non-Jedi exposure.

Cam, how's the situation?

There was a momentary pause before a reply came from the spikey-haired padawan.

Kai! It's Ilyx! He just slipped and fell off the top of the balcony! He's down in the meeting chamber with one of the Remnant's representatives - I think it's that Dark Jedi from Fest, the one you described!

Kai felt his pulse skip a beat.

Can you sense if he's alright? I can't get a lock on him - the Dark Jedi must be interfering with my telepathy inadvertantly.

Another pause.

Yes...he seems fine.....no injuries.....the Dark Jedi appears to be letting him go....

Kai grimaced. This was strange, but it did lend weight to the fact that Lance might not be as bad as he indicated himself to being.

Alright. You and Lia hold position, we'll be up in a few minutes.

Kai turned to his companions, his coat snapping in the early evening wind.

"Our friend from Fest is here and Ilyx has managed to bump into him. Cam says he's alright, but I think we'd best get up there and check on it."

With that, Kai made his way into the sentorial building, heading towards the first elevator he saw.

Tag: All.

OOC: KnightHawk - I've a friend may of PM'd you to see if she can join this RPG - any objections?

17. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    OOC: Kai told me about this RPG and it sounded really neat. I've posted my character bio below. SO can you please point me towards where i sould be.

Name: Mira Sivad
    Species: Human
    Race: Corellian
    Homeplanet: Corellia
    Height: 5? 8?
    Weight: you wish I?d tell you
    Eye colour: violet
    Hair/fur colour: brown with red highlights
    Skin Colour: light
    Clothing:dark tank tops with dark pants and black knee high boots
    Personality: young ,fun loving, adventurous ,loyal, beautiful, kind, very protective strong
    Limitations: sometimes unsure of herself

Affiliation:Republic
    Force-No

Ship
    Name: Savid Honor
    type: Yt-2400 light freighter with modified hyperdrive and several smuggling compartments
    Description: standard YT-2400 coloring
    Weapons: Heavy laser cannons, concussion missile launchers, modified shields,

Bio:
    Mira was born on corellia to zara and lee savid. They were killed in a hover car accident when she was 15. 6 months later She got passage to Nar Shaddaa and began working as a smuggler. She has many useful contacts with in the smuggling realm.

18. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::The Vengeance caught up with Bain and his warriors just before they were to exit hyperspace. The came out and began to come up on Yavin::

Bain: Taryn, please begin your orbit of Yavin. Send two wingmates with me and prepare a Lambda-class shuttle for departure to the moon. I will need a task force in case any trouble arises.

Taryn: Sir, we've on radar a ship coming out of hyperspace behind us.

Bain: Prepare for battle. Do not fire upon them until they do so first.

Taryn: Yes, sir.

::Bain and his 4 wings decended to Yavin IV and landed near a temple::

Bain: According to my sources, there is a training facility of the Force here. We must find it.

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

19. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC, to Mirax-Terrik: If you wish, you can be part of the delegation at Coruscant somehow. That or join in on Yavin IV security. The action is focusing on those two regions at this moment.

OOC, to Kai_Halicon: Apparently, I have no objections. Thanks for asking, though.

20. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Thanks 'Hawk. Most appreciated.

IC: Kai arrived in the upper levels of the Senate complex a few moments after jumping on the elevator. He spotted Ilyx, walking out of the meeting room, looking somewhat dishevelled and and shaken.

"Heard about your attempt at un-aided flying. You're aright?" Kai jibbed, partially sarcastically.

Ilyx took the joke with good nature and explained that Lance had actually been the one to save him. Perplexed, Kai rubbed his jaw, feeling day old-stubble forming. It had been a long day alright.

"I think you'd better take Lance's advice and get some of those cuts checked out. Your foot might be acting up again. Get Serin and Kalai to escort you. I'll keep Cam and Lia on the roof running security patrols for now."
    Kai exhaled and pulled up his collar.

"It's time I had a word with Lance about his intentions in general."

The young Jedi Master took a step forward towards the meeting room, instinctively reaching for his lightsaber hilt and checking that the weapon was indeed still at his side. It seemed ironic that he was about to represent the Jedi given his appearance; clad in black leather and armoured vest and shin pads, looking more like a techno-punkish bounty hunter than a humble Jedi Knight.

Lance is easily as strong as I am in the Force and far more adept in the Dark arts....but I doubt his telepathy is anywhere as advanced as mine.....if worse comes to worst, I may have to attack him psionically rather than physically. I hope that we can remain civil.

TAG KnightHawk.

OOC: Just out of courteousy, I'm not looking for a fight, just a slightly heated conversation.

Mirax, glad to have you here. I'm PM you with a plot summary and you can insert yourself in the story where you feel applicable. If you want, I can develop a backstory for us as well to give you a lead into the game.

21. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Lance saw the new arrival, and turned to speak to him. The harsh tone seemed lifted, and that made the old native Corellian language sound much more relaxing. [Master Halicon, I find it a pleasure that we should meet on better circumstances than those from our run-in on Fest. You do not need to reach for the lightsaber, though.] He then reached for his own, and stuffed them in the cargo section of his right arm. The servos whined just a little as he shut the hatch back up. [You're probably wondering why I returned here, let alone why I went to the Jedi Temple to speak with Master Skywalker.] He then slipped into Basic, so that he could be sure that senator Mothma would understand. "First off, I had a strange vision on my way out of the building. I can't tell you exactly what happened, but I am confident that my wife is somehow trying to bring me back to the Light Side, even though she's been dead since a short while after the destruction of the second Death Star." He tried to hold back a tear that inevitably came from his left eye, forcing its way into the open. "She told me to let go of the grudge, and I can only say this in regards to my reaction. If I could have done so, I would have boxed up the galaxy and given it to her. To that end, I did as she asked, and here I am willing to turn to the Republic.

"Secondly, there is a threat to the galaxy, something even I cannot abide. The Remnant, under command of Desann and Admiral Fyyar, is launching a Shadow Trooper project. Soldiers are being given the Force, and are now empowered to bend it to their will. That makes them deadly. Their armor is a suit of cortosis, making them almost unstoppable. They must be eliminated, before they are able to conquer the galaxy. They are attacking Yavin IV's Jedi Academy as we speak." He pulled a green crystal from his pocket. "Senator Mothma, your friend Kyle Katarn handed you one of these after he and Jan Ors returned from the Kejim mission. These are what give those soldiers the Force. I have found that they aren't easily shattered." The Force felt darker as he finished, almost as if the Remnant had already won. Impossible... he thought. Impossible. A tear came to his eye as he thought about this dark fate, a fear he had always dreaded.

TAG: Republic delegation, Kai_Halicon

OOC: Jedi_padawan_leigh, I must admit that for a non-political, you handle the senator well. Congratulations.

22. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    OOC-KNightHawk- thanks for letting me join
    Kai- a back story for us would be great, thanks for all you're help!

23. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Lance adressed Kai the moment he walked in the room. Strangely, if felt less like a 'high-noon' confrontation than Halicon had expected. Lance addressed him in Corellian, a tongue Kai was not fully adept in, but the Force made him an insant linguist.

[Master Halicon, I find it a pleasure that we should meet on better circumstances than those from our run-in on Fest. You do not need to reach for the lightsaber, though.]

Kai realised that his gloved right hand rested on the pommel of his saber and he removed it. Lance's mechanical arm made a few whirring noises as he adjusted something, making the Jedi uneasy.

He was unfond of bionics; he'd been stabbed in the right eye with a lightsaber blade at eighteen and was offered a bionic eye. The idea of intergrating himself with a machine seemed cold and foreboding and he'd settled to let the eye become useless for nearly two years. It was only when he'd fully embraced the Force in his time with the Mokari on Tyrol, that his sight had returned, both spiritually and physically.

Kai reached out with the Force and summoned his reply.

[Thank you, Commander. I too, am glad that weapons have been replaced with words.]

McCallister went on to detail how he'd had a vision of his deceased wife and for the first time, Kai felt somewhat kindred to his counterpart. He'd lost many people in his life under such cirmcumstances; his Jedi father apparently murdered when he was a still a child, his former Jedi Master Torrin struck down by a darksider, two of his childhood friends killed by the same man. Now, he understood Lance's unique motivation and what had constricted his heart and soul.

The news of Lance's request of defection suprised Kai, but it was a welcome one. He wasn't entirely sure if he could trust the man before him, but the Force told him that for at least now, Lance was being honest.

It was a grave danger they now faced - these Dark Troopers and their Shadow Trooper counterparts. Kai realised now that although Lance might still be tainted with the Dark Side, he had to be given the opportunity to redeem himself. Kai felt a sense of deja-vu about the situation; a few years ago, he was the one in Lance's position and Skywalker had been the one to reach out his hand to him and let him rejoin the Jedi.

Now, it looked as though he'd come full circle.

"Lance.... What you've just told us represents an immediate and grave threat to the Republic. It'd appear that you've got insider knowledge on this situation; valuable details that could aide us greatly. I don't know about you, Mon Mothma, but if Lance is willing to aide us, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt."

Kai turned to to Lance and reached out with his gloved hand. At the same time, he touched the other man's mind with his own thoughts.

I know the hardship you have suffered, for I have had my own trials. It doesn't always appear so, but there is a bright light in the darkness that cannot be extinguished in all of us. Admitting that we can return from the shadows is perhaps the greatest step we can take.

He awaited Lance's response and only hoped that he would see things the way that Halicon saw them - in the fact that in all things of darkness, a light still shines.

Tag: KnightHawk.

OOC: Jedi_padawan_leigh, I agree with KnightHawk - well spoken.
    Mirax - I'll PM you a backstory/lead.

24. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    OOC: Hi Mirax-Terrik, good to see I'm not the only non-Force user in this RPG.

IC:
    Try as he might, Ilyx couldn't smother the feeling of gratitude he held for KnightHawk, or Lance to use his real name.

Come to your senses, Ilyx, he tried to kill you!

I know, but he saved me as well...I could be in a lot worse shape now if it wasn't for him.

His conflicting thoughts abruptly ended as he arrived at the medical bay in the majestic building in which the negotiations were taking place, and then very quickly made an about turn, bringing the two confused Jedi with him. Turning to the two young Force-users, Ilyx offered an explanation as to why he was turning back.

"General Antilles gave me a mission - to watch over the peace talks. Now that Kai is there, I don't think that there is gonna be much trouble, but I want to be there just in case something big happens."

The two Jedi exchanged exasperated glances, and Kalai tossed him a med-pack she had obiously obtained from the medical ward. Ilyx offered the pair a grateful look, and stopped for about twenty seconds, applying the med-pack.

"Thanks. Knowing the 2-1B droids the New Republic has hired, they'd have kept me in there for three weeks!"

And with that, the triumvirate set off at a sprint, heading towards the beautiful botanical gardens that surrounded the conference room. If they could find some cover in the dense foliage, then they would be able to observe the meeting unwatched - and spring out if any trouble occured.

TAG:Everyone on Coruscant

25. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC - Nice to have ya Mirax-Terrik :)

IC AS MON MOTHMA

Mon Mothma was standing by the window when a young man, wearing a black ensemble walked in. It was less traditional then a normal Jedi and she probably wouldn't have known he was one if she hadn?t caught site of the lightsaber at his side.
    "This must be Jedi Master Halicon"
    She thought to herself as he approached Lance. She listened quietly as Lance and the master Jedi conversed. Feeling slightly on edge about how quickly this conversation could escalate into a full heated confrontation. But nothing like that happened. Information came out about the dark trooper project. Mothma was familiar with it. Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors had given her one of the crystals after returning from the Kejim mission. After a brief pause, the Jedi master turned to her.
    "Lance.... What you've just told us represents an immediate and grave threat to the Republic. It'd appear that you've got insider knowledge on this situation; valuable details that could aide us greatly. I don't know about you, Mon Mothma, but if Lance is willing to aide us, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt."
    She turned to face Lance
    ?Lance McAllister, what I have witnessed and experienced today was far from the ordinary, nevertheless, your actions today have gained my support. I agree with the Jedi Master. You have earned my trust.?

IC AS KALAI

Serin and Kalai met up with Ilyx. They had heard about his fall, but were relieved to see that he wasn't seriously injured, except for a couple of cuts on his face. On the way to the medical centre he turned around and stopped them. Kalai gave him a confused look.
    "General Antilles gave me a mission - to watch over the peace talks. Now that Kai is there, I don't think that there is gonna be much trouble, but I want to be there just in case something big happens."
    Both women gave exasperated looks to each other, but even through they only knew Ilyx for a short time, they knew that once he had something in his mind, there was no way anyone could sway him from it. Kalai passed out a med pack to him.
    "Thanks. Knowing the 2-1B droids the New Republic has hired, they'd have kept me in there for three weeks!"
    ?Its Ok, I just hope you know what you doing?
    Kalai mumbled as they ran to the gardens that surrounded the conference room.

Tag ? All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.