main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Old and the New...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KnightHawk, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: I return.

Aboard the Rogue Knight...

At the helm of the ship, Kai Halicon was lost in thought. The Jedi Master had a habit of doing this; engrossing himself so deep within the recess of his own mind that he became withdrawan and almost detached from the situation. In some ways, it was a result of his potent telepathy but it others, it was the way the young Jedi retreated from reality for a scarce moment.

I can't recall more than a handful of times over the last ten years since I joined the Jedi academy that I've had a precious few moments for myself. When this is all over, I'm going home to Tyrol for a while.

They were en-route to Yavin at maximum speed to hopefully aide the beseiged Jedi students at the mercy of the Dark Troopers. Kai was somewaht concerned in regards to the swift disappearance of McCallister, but he had quickly gained a reasonable degree of faith in the shrouded man. Perhaps it was because they were more similar than Kai would of initially liked to have admitted.

I wonder.... Is Lance how I could of become if I'd embraced the dark powers fully?

"Halicon?"

Liana's accented voice brought Kai back to reality and he turned his gaze to face the green-pigmented Twi'lek girl who manned the co-pilot's chair. She'd been flying the ship for most of the trip, Camden left to running over a few diagnostics that needed doing and seeing to a few repairs that required attention.

"Sorry Lia.... must of blanked out. Everything alright?"

The girl furrowed her thin eyebrows, wrinking her brow beneath the bandana she wore over her lekku tentacles.

"We are close. Less than thirty minutes. However, I sense some disdain with the one called Kalai. She's in the hold."

Kai squinted.

"What're you getting at, Lia?"

"Perhaps you should converse with her. She may require some reassuring."

As usual, Liana's replies were accompanied with no feelings that Kai could register but he was well aware that each Jedi had a speciality in the Force that could affect them greatly. His own was telepathy, Camden's was his precognitive ability to see the future. Liana's lay with empathy; whilst her telepathy was only mediocre, she could sense emotions with ease and as such, had become quite closed off in regards to her own.

"What makes you think I'm the best person to speak to her? In case you've noticed, I'm not always the most stable myself."

"Are you not a Jedi Master? Should you not offer advice and consoling to your peers and those less experienced than yourself?"

Kai did not reply. Liana could be blunt at times, even cold but she was right. His title was earned, not granted and he should live up to it.

The Jedi stood and stretched, his coat hung over the chair. He was clad in his usual black garb but had removed the form-fitting t-shir he wore and had replaced it with his padded vest. It left his arms bare to show the intricate Mokari tattoos that trailed from his shoulders, across his back and arms. He remembered what the patterns symbolised.

I am a Jedi and my path leads to the light.

"You're going to be a great Knight, Lia. I have no doubt of that."

Liana didn't reply, but Halicon could feel her smile on his back as he left the room. He recalled a previous thought and called out to Liana with the Force.

Lia, radio Ilyx and see where he's positioned, get an update on Yavin if possible. Tell him we're not far away.

He thought of Serin as he left the room - he'd not had the opportunity to give her the spare parts to rebuild her lightsaber, but he might be able to help her with that before they got to Yavin.

The Jedi felt quietly confident in a way he'd not felt in quite some time as he made his way to find Kalai.

Tag: All.

2. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Ending the transmission, Kalai walked over to a view port and looked out of it. The planet was now in view. Looking like a blue white marble against the blackness of space. She sighed and let herself go into a meditative state, trying to find some calm. But even that was hard. A mess of emotions dwelled deep inside her. Remembering her old master standing by her side as she was knighted no less then a month and a half ago.At that temple! The very place that was slowly being turned into a battleground. Being a newly knighted Jedi wasn't an easy task, and she still had a lot to get her head around.
    "I wonder if Serin and Kai felt this way when they were first knighted"
    She opened her eyes as she felt the presence of Kai coming through the ship. She looked up and gave him a small smile as he came through the doorway
    ?Oh? Hi Kai?

3. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai stepped into the hold of the ship. In the centre of the large cargo area was his personal X-Wing fighter, the Knight Shadow, named for its black and silver colour scheme. Kai had purchased the fighter privately when he'd left the Archangel Squadron four years ago and had modified it heavily in his time with it. It was only as fast as a standard X-Wing but twice as armoured and agile. He'd been thinking of offering it to Ilyx to use but Commander Aran, being a member of the Wraiths, had no problems getting hold of a ship.

He passed by there and found Kalai in the main segment of the ship, where the accomodation area that included a computer terminal, viewport, canteen and booth was.
    Her gaze faced the impdenging view of Yavin that they could see approaching and the Jedi Master stood beside her as they watched the space streak by.

"Hello Kalai. I'm glad I found you. I can't help but sense some....apprehension from you. I came to see if you were alright."

Kai reached out with the Force and found Kalai pondering on her recent knighting. He recalled his own experiences as he spoke.

"I was the same age as you when they Knighted me. I found it to be a confusing time; for years, I'd had a Master to guide me and then, instantly I'm on my own."

Kai's mood dropped as he recalled the circumstance of his knighting - his master had been murdered just prior to it and sometimes he felt like he'd given the council no choice but to knight him. Regardless, he'd left the order shortly after that.

"It's important that you know that you're not alone and that you're worthy to be a knight - I don't forsee the council granting that privellege to anyone who wasn't worthy. If you do need anyone to talk to, I'm here. If it makes you feel any better, I was unprepared to be made a Master. In some ways, I still am. But never forget that the Force is your guiding light and it never strays from the path that you set it."

Kai put a reassuring hand on the younger Knight's shoulder and spoke out telepathically.

The Force is with you, always.

Tag: Jedi_padawan_leigh, everyone.

4. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Thre lightsabers pierced the air, two black and one red. The sabers stood in the sky, stabbing it with hatred. Lance had developed a cold glare as he looked at his opponent. "Come on, you little [censored]! Give it your best shot!"

A bolt of lightning flew out of Tavion's hand at a rapid pace, striking Lance in the chest with all the strength of Hell's fury. Surprisingly, though, Lance managed to hold his ground. Shocked, Tavion tried again, using a hateful fireball straight from Satan's vile depths. Again, Lance did not flinch as the attack struck him dead-on.

"My turn now," he said menacingly. A dark smile crepot across his face as he uttered this devilish comment. The bowels of Hell opened up, and from him spewed a violent flame. Tavion's lightsaber came up to defend the mighty blow, and was shattered in seconds. Oddly, though, Lance threw a lightsaber to her, so as to make a fair fight. He then lunged forward and began his attack, intent on killing. The sabers clashed, Lance gaining ground in every passing second because of his intense hatred. Eventually, a snapping sound was heard throughout the courtyard, followed by a woman's agonized screams of pain. "DIE!!" Lance yelled. He then slammed his lightsaber through Tavion's heart.

TAG: All

5. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Serin sat in the same chair she'd occupied on the way to Coruscant, half heartedly trying to occupy her mind working on a new lightsaber. She hoped Kai wouldn't mind her finding and taking the parts needed on her own.

After a few more minutes, the young Jedi had to give up and finally admit to herself that she was coming dangerously close to a rage. And she suspected she wasn't the only one. She had Kalai a few minutes earlier.

Serin wasn't as gifted in psionic force skills as most Jedi, but even she had to admit she was getting a ton of different feelings and thoughts from all over, and they were getting stronger as the moments past. She knew they were getting close. She hated to think what it must feel like to Kai, who's telepathy was so stong. "His head must be killing him." She quietly said to herself.

As they came into the Yavin system, she heard Ilyx sinal, and Kalai's reply. Not long now, she thought to herself. Putting aside her lightsaber bits, she started getting her gear ready.

6. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    "Ground sure feels strange..." murmured Ilyx, as he leapt from his X-Wing into the Yavin swamps. Looking around, he watched the Savid Honor put down beside him, and the Rogue Knight blaze overhead.

R2-G8, his new faithful astro droid, whisteld a shrill alarm.

"No, you just stay put, R2. After what happened to my last droid..."

But he was cut off by the beeping, so he ran to the X-Wing, where he saw a message from the Knight.

"Knight, this is Ilyx."

"Lia here, can you transmit landing details to us? What's the state of the planet?"

Looking around, Ilyx couldn't spot any Imps, but heard rumblings in the far distance, rumblings of darkness. "Well, I don't see any trouble, but they are definatley here."

"OK."

Leaving his X-Wing, all Ilyx could do was wait for Savid to leave her ship. Leaning back on a nearby rock, Ilyx began charging his weapon; he had a feeling that he was going to need it.

TAG:Mirax-Terrik, anyone else on Yavin.

7. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai left Kalai to comtemplate his words and he shuffled his way back to the cabin. En route, he caught sight of Serin in the small workshop that backed on to the engine room. Camden was busy tinkering with a few circuit boards and he chose not to interupt his padawan. Kai was a fully trained mechanic and pilot and had passed those skills on to his apprentice, who seemed to have a natural affinity with mechanical objects.

He found Serin gathering her gear amidst a pile of scattered tools and what looked like the remains of her poor damaged lightsaber. He recalled that Serin used dual blades and still found himself impressed with that fact; although he could use two lightsabers, it was not without a great deal of difficulty for him.

She seemed dishevelled and Kai sensed her feelings echoed Kalai's. This entire situation was dire and affecting them all. Kai had managed to stave off his own feelings of angst but at some considerable effort. He'd been hoping to sleep before they got here and as he felt the ship hit he atmosphere, he realised it was not going to happen.

Serin seemed to have given up on fixing her blade and Kai noted her unhappiness about that. The Jedi thought about it for a moment and spoke.

"Wait here for a minute, Serin. I'll be right back." He said, leaving the room quickly.

Kai returned a few minutes later, carrying a small cylindrical object wrapped in a simple cloth. The Jedi unwrapped the cloth to reveal the crisp metallic silver and black shape of a lightsaber. It was intricately designed, with an almost gothic feel to it and looked brand new.

"Here. This is my old lightsaber, one I constructed when I ...... wasn't with the Jedi order. I don't use it anymore, but I'd like you to have it."

Kai reached out with the Force and activated the weapon, a bright blade of ruby red emerging from the hilt of the weapon. It hummed like new, despite not being used in several years. The red glow cast an eerie light across the room.

"I know it can't replace your own weapon, but it might help bridge the gap for a while."

....one I constructed when I ....... wasn't a Jedi...

It's the blade I used when I succumbed to the Dark Side. It has no power over me, it's an inanimate object but I still can't bring myself to use it. Perhaps with Serin, it can become a symbol of innate goodness...

Kai was lost in his thoughts. This was one of the few links to the past he had and he was giving it away. However, he realised that with Serin, the weapon might somehow bee redeemed. At the very least, it would allow her to use her dual-fighting style again.

He closed the blade down and passed it to Serin, closing her hands around it. A telepathic whisper passed him by and he instantly knew that they were close. Ilyx was already in the Swamps below them and Liana had just made contact.

The Jedi Master drew himself from the daze he was in. He felt better than he had during this whole situation, like he'd finally been of use and had done what he was there for. A smile came to his lips as he left the room, bidding Serin farewell throwgh the Force.

I thought I was doing you a favour, but I think I helped myself as well. I'm heading back to the bridge. We'll be touching down soon.

Kai went back to the cabin and sat in his chair. The swamp was below them and he could see Ilyx's X-Wing, shrouded by some plant life.

"Set her down in the clearing due north of Ilyx, Lia." He commanded and the Rogue Knight begain to go through it's landing cycle.

As it did, Kai felt the Force blacken for a moment, surging suddenly. His eyes widened and the scarred right one flashed red.

Someone tainted by the Dark Side is nearby.... and possibly dying....

Tag: Everyone.

8. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    Mira finished shutting her ship down, and turned to Dac, ?Contact me if you need anything, got it??

He bleeped a reply.

She walked out of the cockpit stopping only to grab her hold our blaster and slip it into her ankle holster. As well as sliding a vibroblade into its sheath in her other boot. Then she smoothed her dark tank top and pants, and put a utility belt around her waist.

With that she opened her ship?s hatch and walked out onto Yavin Four?s swampy surface. A few meters away was an X-wing with a young man standing next to the ship, as she approached she saw that he was fairly young with a cheerful feel about him.

?Ilyx Aran??

TAG-A-wingsrule and everyone on Yavin 4

9. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    The Rogue Knight set down on top of a solid-looking landmass near the edge of the swamp. Kai instructed KB-187 to keep an eye on the ship and if anything was to happen that the droid felt threatened by, he was to move the Knight into orbit for safety reasons.

Camden and Liana were first off the ship, scouting around the swamp. It was slightly foreboding in the swamp, not drizzly but there was a fog about that beginning to rise. Both of them had their full robes on, Camden's in the form of a drapping poncho that came to his knees and Liana's cape and cowl that now covered over her head, her lekku wrapped around her neck and shoulders. It was growing cooler as the afternoon sun began to set in the sky.

Kai saw Serin and Kalai exit the ship and followed them outside. He zipped his coat up partially, latching the collar to keep his neck warm but leaving the waist secotion looser to have access to his lightsaber. His long hair blew in the wind and he quickly tied it loosely at the back of his head and tightened the clasps on his boots adnd shin pads. Both his blaster pistol and ion shotgun were at his side and the Mokari battle staff was slung over his shoulders. There was a vibro-blade strapped to his left boot and he was carrying a cache of thermal detonators in a satchel strapped to his back. In all honesty, he was armed for a war.

Kai reached out with the Force to Ilyx to let him know he was there, realising that the commander could not reply but at least he knew they were close.

We'll be over in a second, Ilyx.

It was then that he sensed another presence in the Force - a non-Force user human female and disturbingly familiar though Kai could not sense who. It was possible that he'd forgotten their psionic signature, which was not uncommon given his constantly active telepathy.

Who are you....and why do I sense we've met before....?

"We'd better get over to Ilyx." He said as he set foot across the mud-encrusted shoreline of the swamp.

Tag:All

10. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    "Ilyx Aran?"

Ilyx stepped forward, shaking the woman's hand.

"Yep, that's me." Hands on his hips, the sniper gave an exasperated sigh and looked around, as if evaluating the carnage taking place nearby. "Sure is good to be around another non-Jedi; seems everyone I've run into since Fest has been a Force-user."

Before Mira could reply, Ilyx felt something, someone, in the back of his head. It took him a few moments to realise that it was Kai.

"Woah." said Ilyx, unused to the feeling of telepathic communications. At Mira's questioning glance, he admitted, "We're about to be joined by a group of Jedi, led by Kai Halicon. You know him?"

TAG:Mirax-Terrik, the Jeedai

11. Mirax-Terrik

Nov 22, 2002
    ?Kai Halicon, you know him??

?Yes, I do. We met a few years ago.? Mira replied, she though back to the night she met him. The young Jedi had helped her get rid of some thugs who wouldn?t leave her alone. They had spent time together after that and they really didn?t have a very deep relationship. But she had always had a special place for him in her heart, "He helped me get out some trouble. I haven?t seen or heard from him for a long time.?

Tag-Awings rule and the jedi

12. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Navigating the muddy surroundings as best he could, Kai made his way across the swamp to the spot where Ilyx had landed. He made out the familiar form of his sniper ally, the commander's mind alert as always. For a non-Force user, Ilyx was particularly sharp and Kai admired his quicky thinking and uncanny reflexes. Then again, it was almost a NR military prerequisite these days.

He stepped into the ankle-deep waters of the swamp, beige soot and sand rising from his steps in the murky waters. The Jedi cadre was a few metres behind him, their minds all fucntioning overtime, rought with the Force. Kai's own telepathy sensed a wave of familiarity from the other psionic presence with Ilyx.

I recognise those thoughts......I haven't thought about the person thinking them in some years....

It was as Kai stepped onto the landmass where the two figures stood, that he saw a familiar face, one he'd not graced upon since his teens.

Mira Savid......

She was a smuggler by trade, a bit of a rogue but dependable and honest. The Jedi thought back to the first time he'd met her as he made his way towards her. She'd aged well and looked as youthful as ever, but there was a look in her soft eyes that told Kai she'd not always had an easy run and was possibly a bit more jagged than he remembered.

I was eighteen years old and intoxicated in a sleazy bar on Nar Shaddar. Two days ago, I'd been granted my Knighthood following the death of my master. I was depressed, angry and in no fit state to be a Jedi, so I'd packed my things and decided to leave. On my way back to Tyrol, I'd stopped over on Nar Shaddar, to visit the spot where Master Torrin lost his life, defending me from a minion of the Sith. Disgruntled, I was drinking away my worries in a dive of a tavern.

I can still see me now. Clad in brown Jedi robes I don't wear anymore, still sporting padawan braids and headful of long semi-dreadlocked hair (I refused to cut my hair when I joined the Jedi - I didn't like the idea of conforming too much,) and blind in my right eye, the useless occular muscle glazed over in a smokey grey and a series of small scars running from the edge of the eyelid.

The liquor quelled my telepathy enough to shut off the hundreds of voices in my head but I managed to pick up on a conversation a few booths down. A human girl, around my age, arguing with a couple of Weequay over the price of something like a shipment of spices. She keeps telling them they ripped her of and they refuse to pay up.

Of course, drunken Kai Halicon, newly-appointed Jedi Knight decides to intervene because it's interferring with his drinking.

I went over, but I could barely stand let alone fight. The first Weequay recognised my uniform and motioned to the other. I asked them why they were all yelling and to shut up as it was giving me a headache. The second Weequay, the shiftier looking of the two, mouthed something back about me being a pathetic drunk Jedi brat.

I let it go, but my hand slipped onto the hilt of my master's lightsaber at my belt. My own emerald bladed weapon had been damaged in the fight that ensured my master's death and I'd taken his weapon to use until I could fix my own. I later gave that lightsaber to Camden, my own apprentice, but that's another tale.

My female companion returned the arguement but the Weequay in charge responded by throwing a measly amount of credits on the table and pointing a blaster pistol in her face whilst his ally aimed one at me.

The lightsaber appeared in my hand like magic and the aqua blue blade snaked out as I struck, hacking the barrels off both blasters before they even registered I was moving. It was a gambit; I was still intoxicated and shoudln't of been fighting but these two needed to be put in their place. They dumped a large wad of credits on the table and departed.

Conveniently, I passed out.

I awoke in a small apartment owned by my newfound friend and smuggler/trader Mira Savid. We spent a few days on Nar Shaddar together before I left for Tyro

13. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Kai had started back to the cockpit and let kalai think about what he just said to her.

"How could I have been so selfish! Kai's had It way worse then me over his last coupla years"

she scolded herself as the knight started the landing cycle. Gathering her gear, she followed her companions out of the ship, Into the swampy surface of the yavin swamps. It was misty and damp and a little chilly. Kai seemed to walk a few paces ahead and Liana and Camden were scouting. She could feel Ilyx's presence, but also another presence she had never encountered before. Coming through a clearing they spotted Ilyx, and a woman.She had dark hair with red highlights and bright violet eyes. Kai spoke up ...

"Good to see you again, Commander. Hope all your injuries are cleared up now. Hello Mira.....it's been a long time, hasn't it?"

"She seems vaugley familiar"

Kalai thought to herself

"Where have I seen her before? Oh yeah! She delivers supplies to the temple. Although I can't remember her name. Its Mira or something I think. Um.. I hope she still isnt angry about what happened that time..."

Her mind went back to when she was 15. When she had been at the temple two years prior to arriving there from Naboo. She was still learning to control her force powers and was asked by the masters to go help down in the supply room. Big mistake! She had to help unload crates of supplies from the woman's old ship. While Mira was passing down a box, she had lost her footing and slipped, knocking half a dozen heavy boxes in the process. Kalai had tryed to stop the boxes falling on top of her and force pushed them away. Only to accidently push one too far and hit against one of Mira's droids, Damaging it pretty badly and causing the contents of the crates to litter the entire stock room floor. Needless to say she had been assigned to clean the entire mess up and see to it that the droid was repaired. She felt her cheeks burning with embarrasment as she approached Ilyx and Mira

Tag - All

14. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    A short one, just for the Hell of it...

GM:

Lightsaber met lightsaber in the bright light at the center of the Academy, and shadows were thrown across the room as the two warriors met in what would be one of the greatest fights in the history of the galaxy. Blades quickened, eventually to the point that nobody could see them except for the two combatants themselves. The fight was nearing its conclusion.

A loud death cry came from the chamber of the battle, and a tall warrior fell upon his back. His clawed hand gripped his weapon, and slowly released it. Desann was dead. The Republic had been saved once more.

OOC: Hope everyone liked that. However, we will keep this going until all members of a faction have been picked off. The RPG continues... (Hopefully.)

15. A-WingsRule

Oct 9, 2002
    Now that they had all been reunited, it was time to act. Holstering his sniper and pulling out his standard blaster, Ilyx gestured to Mira and the Jedi.

"You know this place better than me. I'll follow."

And with that, the five heroes set off at a dead run towards the Academy.

They could only hope that it wasn't too late.

TAG: Kai, Leigh, KissSpooky and Mirax

16. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain II landed his craft on the landing pad where the TIE pilot had landed. A small group of people marched out to meet him and his wings::

Bain II: Father, how good it is to see you.

::Just then, an explosion sounded and blasted through the building, coming from the TIE. Bain pushed his father off and then leapt off the platform with his warriors::

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

17. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Serin made her way through the swamps of Yavin with her comrades in silence, hidden away in the folds of her cloak. She felt the slight drag of the bottom part of the cloak through the muck of the swamp.

Looking around the familiar landscape of Yavin from underneath the hood of her cloak, but she wasn't really seeing any of it. The thousands of thoughts flying through her head had her a little distracted. Touching the hilt of her new lightsaber gently, and looked off at the man who gave it to her, as he walked ahead of the group a ways. She hadn't been able to speak since he gave it to her...all she could think was she probably didn't deserve it right now, but would make sure she did soon.

Still, part of her was unnerved by the fact that she had just been given the lightsaber of someone who (at the time of it's construction at least, and she doubted Kai would deny it) was a fallen Jedi, and at a time when she could still feel the sadness and anger at the attack on academy, growing inside her. She was keeping her mental shields up right now, to try and not distract her new friends.

Wading through the muddy waters, the group lost sight of Kai for a moment, though they could all still feel him. As they came around a corner and through some foliage, they saw Kai with Ilyx, and another person. A woman Serin recognized vaguely as the academy supply person...Mira, Serin thought her name was. As they caught up to the three, it seemed obvious Kai and Mira knew each other.

Serin moved away a bit to let Kai and Mira have a moment, if they needed. Just then, she pulled her cloak around her tighter as she felt a chill run through her. Looking off in the general direction of the academy, she could hear the sounds of battle. Not waiting a moment longer, Serin set off towards the academy just as Ilyx signaled to the others and told them to lead the way. Moving with purpose, the young Jedi wasn't going to let anything slow her down...

18. Mirax-Terrik

Nov 22, 2002
    IC- Sorry this is a short post. i'm really busy today

OCC-
    As the group waded through the shadowy swamp water, Mira and Kai finally got a few moments to themselves. As they walked Mira was at a loss for words.
    "What?s wrong with me? I?ve waited for along time to see Kai again and now that we're together I can't think of anything to say...I wonder what he's thinking about right now?"

19. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    The path through the swamp was not the easiest to negotiate and it was ladden with scrub and foiliage. Kai was at the head of the group, using the long staff he carried to push some of the plant life aside. He felt like he was unofficially leading this group, though he was happier to have Ilyx not far away - the commander was easily a superior tactician and covert operative.

He swept a wide arc with the staff, the blades on one end of the weapon hacking through a fallen branch in front of him. He continued to trudge onwards, realising that they were barely a few hundred metres from the academy. In the distance, he could now see some of the pinnalce towers of the complex, including the large window that lead into the assemlby hall where Master Skywalker liked to meditate. It was were he'd been one honoured by the Rebellion for his part in the destruction of the first Death Star and Kai remembered hearing about it when he was just a boy.

There were several different emotions eminating from the group and Kai could sense them all with little less than minimal effort. Camden was excited, nervous and mournful at the same time; this had been his home until Kai had apprenticed him two years ago. Ilyx was calm, assessing the situation, but he was still surprised at the severity of it all. Liana, the hardest to read due to her lack of emotions, flickered inbetween sad and angry. From Kalai, he sensed a sense of familiarity surrounding the newcomer to their pack. Serin seemed slightly dubious of him now, given the design and hue of the lightsaber he'd gifted her. By now, they were all aware of the fact he'd once strayed from the light, on one level or another.

Kai hoped it wouldn't interfere with their perception of him right now; it was not a good time for there to be dissention in the ranks. He turned his attentions to Mira. She seemed unsure as to what to make of the situation. Kai himself was a bit confused but he remanded himself for it.

I can sense random thoughts miles away without even trying and crush the plating on a ship's hull with my mind effortlessly but when it comes to dealing with people and my past, I'm a blank slate.

Kai had never been a people person - he'd grown up relatively isolate and as a loner, content to fill his days with projects like rebuilding old speeder bikes and exploring the wilderness of his homeworld. Then the Force had come to him and in a heartbeat, he was here, on Yavin, training to be a Jedi. He'd always been the odd student in his class - unconforming. His padawan robes were black as night and he'd refused to cut his hair. He'd pushed himself to the limit and often found himself quarelling with other students and even the instructors at times. He recalled and inccident with Kam Solusar in which he'd accidently let his emotions overtake logic and had caused some damage to the academy with a bolt of Force lightning.

Kai grimaced. He wondered if he'd be the same person if he'd paid more heed to Solusar's warnings about embracing his anger and fears. Kai often wondered if he'd had too much power at the age of fifteen and in retrospect, he recalled that a lot of the other padawans steered clear of him.

A twig snapped beneath his feet and he was in reality again. Mira was at his side, her face showing a calm visage, but internally, she was a bit nervous.

"I owe you.....an apology. For six years ago. I left Nar Shaddar without telling you, for reasons I couldn't discuss at the time. Truth be known, things might of turned out differently for me had I stayed a bit longer."

I wonder.... if I'd remained on Nar Shaddar.....would I be a smuggler now and not a Jedi. I'd of lost out on so much of what I've done, but I might of been spared the seduction of the Dark Side.

At that moment, the swamp ended and moved into forrestry. The Academy was only a few dozen metres ahead of them. The Jedi Master went to make a step forward, but halted. There was something wrong....

The Force is ...... unblanced..... right now.

20. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::Bain II, Bain and the Mandalore fell through the mass of skyscrapers and crafts. Bain II focused on the Force, first slowing himself, then his father and his warriors. The group slowed until they came to a complete stop, then began to float upwards. They all clambered onto a close platform and ran into the building. Bain II opened his holo-comlink::

Bain II: Taryn, that TIE was rigged. The officer is dead and the decoy is hit.

Taryn: Are you and your father alright, sir?

Bain II: We're all fine. Send a Lambda-class and a squad of TIE's. I want the area scanned.

Taryn: Doing so now, sir.

::The group ran and hopped a speeder. They flew over the wreckage of the platform::

Bain II: That was meant for us, not that pilot.

Bain: That pilot had the schematics to my new station.

Bain II: What station?

Bain: The reason I called you and those others here was because I'm going to make a new station near the Seswaenna Sector. That way the Republic and the old Imperials could work...

Bain II: Work together? What is this?

Bain: I've gotten tired of battling those forces. My naval fleet can't hold up against them.

Bain II: This disgusts me. I bet if mom was alive...

Bain: Your mother would agree. We are running not only a planet, we are running a Sector.

Bain II: What about Taryn?

Bain: Taryn would agree with me.

Bain II: Two selfless martyrs. By Freedon Nadd...

::Bain slapped his son::

Bain: That's for blasphemy. You'll understand when we hold this committee.

OOC: Sorry, I had to throw IJatLC into it... 8-}

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

21. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: Doesn't bother me, since I have absolutely no clue what the reference is supposed to relate to.

IC:

Lance picked up his comm-link, the exhaustion of the battle wearing on him. "ISD Devastator, this is General McCallister. You are hereby ordered to fly to Coruscant and surrender to the Republic. Over and out." Lance then turned to the Force, reaching for someone and something. When he found what he sought, he immediately adjusted his comm-link and sent another message.
    "Commander Aran, this is KnightHawk. I have a big surprise for you." He let the intro sink in a bit before continuing. "The incident on Fest was merely a demonstration of the power of the Dark Troopers. As of this moment, I am placing you in command of that project. I am also including in this message the comm frequency for my personal flagship, the Devastator. Call them up and inform them of this change in command. Do whatever you will with the project." Again, he waited for his words to sink in. "May the Force be with you." With that, the line went dead.

A dark shadow crept over that section of the courtyard. Lance peered into it, and saw a faint light. Sheer exhaustion pushed him down as he tried to look at the bright spot in the darkness. The light looked so familiar to him that he came to tears. "Katherine..." he said aloud, wondering if it was really her. At that moment, he collapsed prostrate on the ground, dead.

TAG: All

22. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    The mintue Kai set foot in the academy, he sensed something amiss. It was a curious sensation and related to someone he knew somehow. His insides felt cold and all at once the Force told him something was about to happen.

McCallister...?

The others were barely aware that Kai was moving, the Jedi Master breaking into a bolt, coat trailing behind him. He heard Ilyx's communicator activate in the distance but was already running through the series of pathways that surrounded the academy.

He came into the courtyard, the evening sun low in the sky. The Force told him McCallister was nearby and Kai panned around, spotting the former renegade Dark Jedi. McCallister seemed transfixed on something Kai couldn't see and his clothing was messy. He looked like he'd just been in combat but now was staring at an invisible object.

"Lance!" Kai called out, but got no reply. He called to the Force to aide his perception and was suddenly shocked to find the translucent visage of a beautiful woman before his eyes. She flickered for a moment and was gone.

"....Katherine....?" Lance spoke, his voice hollow and vacant. Then, without warning, he fell to to ground, slumping in a heap. Kai ran towards him, throwing aside his staff and satchel but the Force confirmed his fear before he even reached the older man.

The Force flickered for a secon and then left Lance McCallister.

Kai reached him and stopped. The Force told him he was the only living presense in the courtyard. A wave of sorrow and confusion came over him. Just a day ago, he'd almost been in combat against this man and barely a few hours had passed since he'd joined them. Now, he lay dead at Kai's feet.

The Jedi was certainly shocked as to why Lance might just suddenly die but just before the Force left him, Kai felt a peaceful sensation from him. Kneeling down, Kai removed Lance's two sabers from his belt and placed them in his hands, crossing them over his chest in a restful pose.

Perhaps, it was just your time? I don't know. But what I do know is that you helped us and for that, I thank you. You might of strayed from into darkness, but it seems you've found your way back to the light.

The sun began to set on the horizon and Kai could hear the footsteps of his approaching friends. They'd be here soon but he still had time to make a simple prayer in the native tongue of the Mokari, one he'd learned to recite whenever a warrior of the clan lost his life.

[Guiding spirits of the Force, return this servant to your hall of champions. His deeds have been great and his honour justified. He is worthy to move on to his place of peace and contentment. We shall not forget his actions and words and his soul shall ride with us as we journey onwards.]

Kai was not a religous man, but it felt right to say a few words for Lance. As the night began to drawn in around the world of Yavin, the Jedi Master wondered would be in store for him and his allies next....

Tag: All.

OOC: KnightHawk, is this all part of a grandeur scheme?

23. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    OOC: The death was just the end of a pact with the Dark Side. The communicator call is part of a twist in the plot.

24. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Just checking. I wouldn't of seen it coming otherwise.

:D

25. Admiral_JasterMereel

Jun 3, 2002
    ::As the crew surveyed the wreckage, the platform began to snap and fell over 1000 Standard metres to the awaiting ground::

Bain: Son, the time has come. You know duly well that you were raised in the way of the Force. Your uncle Kane and I raised you as a Jedi Force-user.

Bain II: I understand.

Bain: Good. You have learned incorrectly. ou've used the Dark Side of the Force for far too long. It is time that you used the Light.

Bain II: Father, this is most unusual...

Bain: With the state of the Galaxy the way it is, we need full cooperation between the sects. I wish for you to go to the Academy at Yavin IV and...

Bain II: I was just there. It was destroyed.

Bain: What!? How could such a thing happen?

Bain II: Darktroopers entered the area and destroyed it. I tried to follow the escaping craft. There was something about it, I felt something.

Bain: Then we will go immediately. There will most likely be an in-balance in the Force.

::Bain opened his holo-comlink::

Bain II: Taryn, await our arrival with the fleet.

Taryn: Our, sir?

Bain II: My father is joining us.

Taryn: Very good, sir. I will have that squad I sent meet with you for protection.

Bain II: Thank you, Taryn. We will be arriving shortly.

::The Lambda-class shuttle met the group and flew back to the awaiting Vengeance. The crew of the Star Destroyer set course for Yavin and entered hyperspace. As they entered the system, the crew scanned for any enemy craft and went into orbit around the moon. Bain II entered his copy, the Fury II while his father and a strike force entered a shuttle. The whole group was transported to the moon under the protection of a TIE Squad. The group landed a small distance from the Academy temple and Bain II exited his craft, meeting with the rest. Sensing danger, Bain II put his helmet on and scanned the area::

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.