main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The old man and the sea, a vignette of the Jedipurges completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: The old man and the sea
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: ROTS Jedi-purges
    Characters: OC?s
    Genre: vignette, a few posts
    Keywords:
    Summary:. A fisherman rescues two Jedi
    Disclaimer: Star Wars = George Lucas.
    Ties in with The name is Bhik, Magin Bhik
    and three heroes
    and / Diary of an exile

The old man and the sea

Chapter 1

A little village was waking up. Its harbour was filling with fishermen going to their jobs. Almost one kilometre away from the other houses were two little cottages that belonged to retired fishermen. Bright white and with azure blue doors and window shutters, they were dotted with red brick roofs. Nicely kept green lawns and plants surrounded the two houses and a path of shells lead to the small harbour where two boats bobbed on their moorings. One of these houses belonged to the bachelor Issin Galina and the other was the home of the Rhinnan couple.

Sandor Rhinnan was readying his nets for another day of fishing. He had repaired them and stashed them away on his boat.

The boat had been a bright coloured thing: an azure blue hull with orange trimmings and a white steeringhut on the front. Had been because the boat like his owner was old and the paint had faded to dull colours or was entirely gone. At the back of the boat were a big winch and a place to store the nets and caught fishes.

Sandor had white curly hair that had once been black and only his grey eyes were still twinkling with joy. His wife Lilian was alive and healthy and they had raised two kids who had left the small village to stay in the only large town on the continent. Both were married and were raising kids themselves and had a good job. His son Dirk had visited him only a week ago with his wife and child. Like his father Dirk jr. was going to be a big man.

The pink rising sun was announcing another day and Sandor steered his boat out of the little private harbour where only the boat of his neighbour Issin remained. He didn?t need the credits anymore but he just loved to go fishing.

---

Ticalla Starflare was sad. The Clonewars were raging for three years now and the Jedi-enclave on Firokua was almost empty of Jedi. Jedi-masters had become generals, Jediknights leaders of entire taskforces and most of the padawans were knighted early.

Only Jiri Lapiili and Jake Gorulus and Ticalla?s parents were staying in the enclave and providing Jedi intelligence with data gathered by the Jedi that fought in the outer-rim.

Firokua had become a hub for Jedi-reports that needed to be encrypted before sending them to the Jeditemple on Coruscant.

Jake and Jiri were training clone-troops for attacks with boats and commander Ceetwoo had arrived with a new batch of clonetroopers a week ago.

Ceetwoo was one of a batch of advanced recon troopers and he had become friends with the Jedi.

The news they had received yesterday spoke of the supreme chancellor being rescued by the Jedi and the war that had been fought in the space above Coruscant.

General Grievous was on the run and the Jedi were tracking him.

Ticalla had said when Jake and Jiri had donned their black wetsuits and left this morning ?take care you two. I will encrypt those last messages with my parents and send them to Jika Bale.?

---

Jiri and Jake had taken three boats with clone-troopers for an exercise and their commander Ceetwoo was piloting the first boat.

Ceetwoo said in his comlink ?Captain Jake attack-formation two, six delta?

Jake replied with a smile ?got it? and he gunned his boat and steered at high speed away.

Jiri said ?that?s good Jake? Ceetwoo and his other boat have to follow us catching the bait and he pointed at the torpedo being tugged by their boat.

Jake grinned ?and with us Jedi that will be difficult for them.?

Jiri said ?they will need it on Kashyyyk if

2. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Very well done, earlybird-obi-wan! :) I read "The Old Man and the Sea" a few years ago in school, but I can't remember too much about it. [face_blush] Let's see[face_thinking] , I knew it was about an old man...and the sea. :p
    Seriously though, keep up the great work!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thanks dancing_star for your kind words. I don't remember either much about it because it has been a long time ago.

Chapter 2

The sun was colouring the ocean pink when Lilian came towards Jake?s room.
    She saw that he was sleeping and breathing easy and thought ?not out of the woods yet but on the road to recovery.? She changed the dressings on his wounds.

Jiri awoke and felt horrible. He was sweaty, shivering and only clad in his swimmingtrunks. Soft fluffy bright coloured blankets covered him. His head was wrapped in gauze and he felt the stinging pain of blisters and tried to release it in the Force. He felt the soft material of a mattress beneath his back and he got up. He found the wetsuit discarded in a corner of the room and thought ?I must have been very tired?.

He found a pair of loose fitting drawstring pants and a blue shirt on a chair and he dressed himself. He followed the Force signature of Jake and found him cared for by Lilian. He said ?thank you for taking care of my injuries. How is he??

Lilian said ?we have set the bone and splinted it. Issin helped during the night and he is away to his house and resting. Jake will be alright. He won?t be able to run though. For that he will need the care of a hospital but we cannot go there until things have settled down to normal.? She told him what she had heard from Issin and had seen on the holotube.

Jiri said ?with the Jedi wiped out nothing will be normal again. Palpatine emperor huh. He will put back civilisation to the times when the great Sith-wars raged in the galaxy.?

Lilian said ?would you like something to eat and drink??

Jiri said ?please, I am starved. And see Jake is coming around.?

Lilian said ?I will fetch some food? and she walked to the kitchen.

Two green eyes opened and blinked a few times before settling on the sight before them.

Jiri said ?good to see you coming around Jake.?

Jake said with a rough voice ?you saved me but for what? Ticalla is dead, her parents are, mine, the Jedi, they are all dead.?

Jiri said ?we didn?t die and the Force must have some plans for us.?

Jake said ?yeah, when that missile hit and I was half conscious sinking towards the bottom, a friendly voice said ?go back? and that?s the moment I lost consciousness.?

Jiri said ?and I freed you from the wreck of the boat and a short time later we were fishes in a net and Sandor and Lilian took care of us.?

Lilian came back and said ?good to see you awake Jake. I have some tea for you and your friend Jiri.?

Jiri helped Jake drink and drank after that his tea and finished the porridge Lilian had made. Both gave her a grateful smile.

Jake examined his injuries through the Force and said ?that leg will remain weak and I will need a brace to support it and those burn-injuries will scar.?

Jiri said ?yes, no hospital for us because the Empire will be hunting us down.?

Lilian said ?Jake you need to rest and I have just the drink for you to help? and she helped him with a hot broth.

Jake?s eyes drifted shut soon after that and he started to dream. Ticalla was smiling and said ?Jake it will be some time before I see you again. You have to be strong and help those in need.?

Jiri felt through the Force Jake?s dream and he smiled.

Sandor came into the bedroom and said ?you can stay as long as you like in my house.?

Jiri said ?and I will help you and when Jake is recovered he will certainly help?

---x---

The days passed and Issin kept them informed about the news about the Empire. The village was of no importance to the Empire and because Firokua was an outer rim planet it was soon declared of no importance. The Jed

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Epilogue

For more than 14 years Jiri and Jake helped form a rebellion on Firokua and taught the men and women to pilot a boat and plan attacks with scuba-gear. When they completed their training, they went away to other planets. None of the rebels knew that they got their lessons from two Jedi and none could betray them. They came in a boat to the old Jedi enclave, got their teachings and left by boat.

Only Jiri, Jake and Sandor?s son Dirk stayed at the enclave and had built some dwellings out of rubble and the remains of an attack-cruiser.

Sandor guided the two Jedi on the day that the purges started 15 years ago towards the place where he had found them and they held again a small ceremony for the fallen.

There are no heroes
    There are no heroes
    Anymore

The world we knew is lost
    Darkness surrounds us
    Dark is the sky
    Dark is the world
    Dark is the galaxy

There are no heroes
    There are no heroes
    Anymore

When they returned to the enclave Dirk said ?Silke has contacted me. The imperials are coming and they want to establish a large base for training only a short distance away from the enclave.?

Jiri said ?that?s bad but I know a person who can help me. He has visited me many times before the purge bringing medical supplies and he owns a large podracing stable.?

Dirk said ?I know him too and I will contact him. My friend has raced against his champion. And they are from the beginning of the Empire in the rebellion.?

A few days later a luxury transport took the Jedi on another adventure that ended with them guided by a dream towards a beautiful planet.

FIN

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Nice story... but no Hemminway in it!

*nudes the bird friendly!*

But I enjoyed myself! Soon I will be able to read more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.