Lit The Old Republic: Annihilation by Drew K

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    There was also something about how matter-of-fact Satele was about her giving up Theron. A lot of women in RL have made the same choice and it's a hard decision with many extenuating factors. However, the way Satele takes it for granted it was for the "good of the Republic" versus the good of herself (which is not a factor to dismiss) annoyed me.

I also note that keeping it a secret while condemning attachment in public makes her a hypocrite.
    AusStig likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Ugh. I was hoping sooner. Oh well. It'll be here before we know it.
  3. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    She sounds pretty non-attached in your first three sentences. It sounds more like Jedi dogma than non-attachment. You can be married and not be attached. The Jedi take it to the extreme and don't let their membership risk it at all.
  4. Slowpokeking Force Ghost

star 4
    Still, kill Gravus like that is just stupid.
    AusStig likes this.
  5. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    I'm really disappointed his apprentice wasn't a Companion and a LI.
    AusStig likes this.
  6. AusStig Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    No a faked his death....

So his enemies on the Dark Council would loose interest in him....

So he could do....

um SOMETHING,

something,

Darkside
  7. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Is it just me or is the surest way to kill a Sith to put them on the Dark Council? It's musical chairs there.
  8. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 4
    That could have been very heavy dialogue, but it ultimately ended up as very thin.

yeah. i don't have a deep historical knowledge here, but i agree.
  9. bigtukker Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Really liked this book. It had a little bit of a rough start, but Gnost-Dural and Theron were hilarious together. And I liked the "Emperor's Clothes" reference at the end.
  10. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah i know i am a weirdo, but i really liked this novel, and did not really get into the other ones in the series
  11. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    I liked it too. I think Drew does better stories when he doesn't focus as much on the Sith.

And this wasn't even really a series. The only thing each of these books have in common is their tie to TOR. Each has a completely unrelated story to each other. And even though Satele shows up in this book, there is zero reference to her role in Fatal Alliance. So you can;t even really compare the books against each other, except maybe this and Revan, because they're both by Drew.
    JediMatteus likes this.