main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR The Old Republic Comics Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sinrebirth , Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The comics Threat of Peace covers the time immediately leading up to and after the Treaty of Coruscant, and the slow factioning of the Jedi, Republic and Sith Empire in the face of a terrifying possibility; that everyone can co-exist.

Issues

#10 - Act 2 begins!

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I think the single-most significant plot-device ;that is up for discussion, is the question of Satelle Shan's true heritage. We know whats been said, or implied rather...

I get the feeling that this family tree will become the next Sunrider, Skywalker, et all.

3. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    I haven't read the comics in about six months. In a nutshell, what have I been missing?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    In a nutshell... a plot to destroy the peace was unveiled as founded by a rogue Jedi, who wanted to destroy the Sith - Satale Shan's Master - the Sith Emperor appears to have created the peace to show the hypocrisy of the Jedi Order, and lure Jedi to the dark side - maybe specifically Satale, the descendant of Darth Revan and Bastila Shan - and the Sith were pawns in it just as much. Maybe.

The Sith Emperor is a very sneaky one.

5. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I know the comics are rather disjointed, so I'm a bit unclear about whether Dar'nala was dark from the beginning of the comic, because I really can't see that from my readings of the comic all the way up till the final scene.

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It was very concealed, wasn't it? There weren't many lead-in comments, either, before she was 'killed'.

7. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I have a feeling this may have been part of the Consular-straying-too-close-to-the-dark-side angle. I didn't see Dar'nala's fall coming either, and maybe she didn't until near the end, but if there had been some subtle hints it was lost in the disjointed manner in which the story was put together.

Still, glad we had it over not having it at all!

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  9. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    So this means the Threat of peace comics are done? Call me oldfashioned or an idiot, but I would have like to see a "the end" or something in the end....

New one sounds Sithy tho and thats a good thing :)

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    At least we have a fairly interesting Sith-centric storyline on the way.

11. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Good, good, that should be cool.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  13. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    New Blood of the Empire came out!!! More Sith goodness!!!

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I was quite impressed with this. The Empire is gaining degrees of detail, and the Dark Council are nice and ominous. This Red Sith is a curious one, I'll give you that... wonder where this will go!

15. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    So how many different kinds of Sith are there now? :p

Very awesome stuff.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Red Sith are the original Sith, the species, so they're more 'true' than the entirety of this 'True Sith' Empire, so to speak.

17. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Everyone else could be considered Sith in Name Only, then. Sino, like Jino, but for Sith. :p

18. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Bah, I'm still holding out hope that we haven't seen the actual "True" Sith yet. I'm a big fan of Kreia's "the Sith are a belief" thing, much prefer it to deciding the "trueness" of a Sith by their species.

19. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    New BOE out!!! Someone cool makes an appearance...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.