main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR The Old Republic: General Storyline (and Expanded Universe) Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Well we still have 5 more books to go, who knows.

2. HuruUkko

HuruUkko Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2008
    One thing I don't like about TOR is how it undermines everything Freedon Nadd, Exar Kun and others did. Exar Kun was always in my mind this menacing force who ressurected the ideals of the sith. Now he is just some random guy who pretended to be a dark lord.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I don't know. The Exar Kun plotline ended so long ago, and the era is too full to really be used again, so a little revisiting to bump up our current big bad doesn't particularly bother me. Changing Revan's storyline has the potential to be something Jacen-esque, and so, equally, not a large issue for me.

I'm quite looking forward to it, myself. That being said, I'm not too attached to Freedon Nadd and Exar Kun. But quite clearly Kun and the Sith Emperor didn't have a particularly long chat; he was very much a free agent, and as much a Sith as any. Without Kun there is no Sith Empire to gather together...

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Obsidian's stuff with Kreia talking about how Revan was strengthening the Republic as he conquered certainly make that seem like the case, unless Bioware wants to swap things around.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Unless of course Revan was intending to betray the Sith Emperor all along - thus his master being Darth Traya, mayhaps.

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    And Darth Traya wanted him to strengthen the Republic?

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well... I suppose so, yes. Never thought about it like that. Kreia destroyed the Jedi and Sith to strengthen the Republic. I suppose Revan would.

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I never thought of it like that, either. What an interesting thought. Kind of gives Revan's life a whole new perspective.

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    REVAN IS DAALA!?

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    [image=http://therevanchist.com/costumes/darth_revan/pics/normal_WebRevanMask1.jpg]
    Just as planned.

Now that I think about it, we don't really know that Traya thought about the Republic. She seemed more concerned with force metaphysics than galactic politics.

11. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I think one reason we dont here much references to KOTOR II in TOR is that BioWare did not buy the grandiose story Obsidian presented. They did alot of good, but in my mind they took it to far. They started to experiment with the force itself, telling us that it is actually possible to "kill" it, like you would kill any other being. Then you have the Sith God Nihilus and the superman Exile. They can devour entire worlds, and they will in the end destroy all life in the universe. Talk about dark, darker, the darkest, superdark..

Obsidian tried to outdo everything that has been done before. So compared with the threat of someone who can destroy all life in the universe, BioWares`s True Sith becomes nothing more than simple banthas. No matter what BioWare officially say, im sure they feel that KOTOR II messed up the Old Republic.

12. DamienK

DamienK Jedi Master

Apr 18, 2006
    I'm sure they will find a way to keep KOTOR2's story canon and have it make sense with TOR

13. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well the Sith Emperor isn't Naga Sadow.

He's also not Ludo Kressh.

So maybe he's Marka Ragnos?

That would explain why Marka "annointed" Ulic and Exar.

They were the Pre-Malak and Revan.

14. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I would consider the possibility of the Sith Emperor to be a new character most likely at this point. It would give the greatest freedom for Bioware if the Sith Emperor would have been a new guy, perhaps even one that had only become a Sith Lord between Naga Sadow's defeat in 5000 BBY and the ending of the almost complete Sith genocide by Republic and the Jedi in 4990 BBY. It's not like Ludo Kressh or Shar Dakhan fans would make a large portion of the TOR fanbase and buyers and fear of alienating them would tie Bioware's hands when deciding the identity of the Sith Emperor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.