TOR The Old Republic "Hope" New Trailer !

Discussion in 'Games' started by ToilesHeroiques, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToilesHeroiques Jedi Padawan

TFU2's new trailer two days ago. Now The Old Republic !

The battle of Alderaan !

An awesome duel !

An hope in the darkness !

I love this !

2. ToilesHeroiques Jedi Padawan

Aryn Leneer and Zeerid Korr (heroes of Paul Kemp's novel) are in the new trailer !

http://lestoilesheroiques.blogspot.com/2010/06/old-republic-la-nouvelle-bande-annonce.html
  3. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    Um...that trailer was all sorts of awesomeness. :cool:
  4. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    That best be Satele Shan... :D At least we know what happened to Malgus' jaw... that evil grin is... creepy. :eek:
  5. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    That new trailer was just as awesome as the first.

Granted, I won't be buying this game (for lack of a competent rig) I still think the trailers from the past 2 E3's are better than the prequels.
  6. Yodaminch Chosen One

star 6
    I want an Old Republic tv show now. :_|
  7. ToilesHeroiques Jedi Padawan

Me too ! Please...

Oh no, I prefer a third Clone Wars show ![face_laugh]
  8. darthmohican Jedi Master

star 4
    That honestly blew my mind. Why can't the TV shows be like this?!
  9. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM and vacation

Manager
    star 7
    I agree on the tv show comments. All I know is, I want TOR now!
  10. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  11. Chance the Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    The trailer was amazing!

One thing I don't get, how in the world did Darth Malgus and the main Republic Trooper survive a thermal detonator directly in front of them?
  12. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't believe it was a thermal detonator, to small from the looks of it, plus the explosion looked more like an EMP blast or a sort of stun grenade. If it had been a TD it'd probably have vaped everything in a small radius.

I thought the trailer was pretty epic, Wish they'd have put more emphases on non-force users being able to take on force users, but as we saw, it still came down to the Jedi. And I agree the shows need to be more like this TCW, while season 2 was better than 1, is still much to... well I can't even think of a proper word for it. I just think a star wars series revolving around a war should be more serious, like this trailer was.
  13. LaForzaViva Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    That was unbelieveable. The first one was amazing (aka I downloaded it and watched it fifty times) and this one will be seen probably double that.

The only part that bothered me was when the Sith cut the Jedi's saber in half and tried to impale her. I never knew the Force could nullify a lightsaber blade. If so... what the hell have the Jedi been doing?! War totally should've been over in five minutes.
  14. ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Master

star 4
    Damn that was epically awesome! I so can't wait to get SWTOR....

But, I don't agree with the TV comments. I love TCW. :D
  15. Tricky Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes it was good, not as EPIC as Deceived was but it was just as good as it. I fell in love!

So, how's the debate going on if the female JC is Satale Shan? I think it was.
  16. Darth-Wyrm Jedi Master

star 1
    I love both trailers. This one was indeed epic and awesome.

However, as others have pointed out, there are parts of it that are questionable:

- What is the deal with using the force to prevent the lightsaber stab? Have we seen that force ability before? Seemed strange.

- I also was disappointed that the Sith wasn't killed by the trooper. Seemed like it was set up that way.

- What's with the use of the force-fireball? Is that also a force ability we've seen before? Is this Dragonball?

I love what Bioware is doing and I too wish we could get a TV show like this. So don't take my comments as overt criticism. Just pointing out some parts that bothered me a bit.
  17. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, you can stop a Lightsaber strike with the force. Its just really really hard.

You have to be really powerful and have a boat load of focus. Jacen did in in Sacrfice in the fight with Mara Jade.

As for the Coalecing force energy the Counsulor used, it was probably just artistic licens.

There is a fire/plasma ability used by the force Witches of Dathomir, but I dont think that was it. that Move she used seem to be pure kinetic force.
  18. Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Man, screw a tv show, Lucasfilm should hire the guys that made the two trailers to make a movie.

I love the nods to the prequels in the trailers though. I'm glad to see the PT being used as a source of inspiration for something finally.
  19. DarthBobbalot Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's actually not that far fetched a feat to absorb a lightsaber blade. Darth Vader and others have had the ability, it's the same thing as in Ep.5 when he absorbs Han's blasts and then transfers the energy into telekinesis and grabs his blaster. Keiran Halcyon, Corran Horn's ancestor, does it, although he was already impaled in the chest and was dying, then he used the ability and transfered teh energy into telekinesis and basically crushes his opponent, just like Starkiller does big droids in the latest trailer. Corran Horn also does it with a huge friggen bomb, he's in the epicenter and just absorbs it all and doesn't get hurt. His clothes were vaporized, though.

I smiled widely when I saw that she had that power, and that they are probably going to implement that in the game.
  20. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes.
  21. Espaldapalabras Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll be honest, I've lost most of my interest in SW, but I just stumbled upon this, and I remembered why I thought SW was so awesome in the first place.

And it was just so much better than TFU:2 trailer that I saw. I had no desire to play the first TFU, tried the demo, and don't have any for the second.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do an MMO, but this might be one I have to dabble in if I got a new computer. And who knows maybe somehow they might able to have it be fun for those of us who aren't willing in just invest massive amounts of time.
  22. RushinSundaws Jedi Knight

star 2
    Why can't that Clone Wars show look this good...whoever animates these things needs a raise, and a big one at that.
  23. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    I am confused about the chronology of this trailer; does it occur before or after the events depicted in Deceived. Also, are we sure that the Sith fighting Satele is Darth Malgus? He looked different. Regardless, it was a very cool and epic fight.

I couldn't tell if Satele (I am assuming it was her) used the force to repel the saber strike or if her gauntlets were made of some material allowing her to block the blow. It was likely the Force but it was ambiguous to me.

The entire thing just rocked my socks.
  24. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    I believe hope is a prequal to Decived.

I believe bioware found it humerious.
  25. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Even as cool as this was, I am still disappointed at how much this looks like The Clone Wars. Let the animators work on that show dammit!

I wish that TOR would take more inspiration from the KOTOR 1 and 2 aesthetic, to at least make some sort of connection with those games.
    I mean, right now, the bloody republic troopers are just Clones with red shoulder pads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.