main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The Sith Inquisitor plot is entirely about the infighting, in fact.

The alliances you get to assemble in Act 3 are pretty intense for "only" a single Sith Lord, but it shows how big the Empire is.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Where did you hear this?

Is this cause they 'closed' Lucasarts?

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Isn’t SWTOR run completely by EA/Bioware?

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Just what-if talk

5. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    She is quite.. plain. I actually can't remember anything great done on her part beyond being the Grandmaster and telling you that things are bad. The Sith leaders actually tend to be more fun in their interactions.

6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Because they are busy chewing the scenery more often than not. :p

Cronal likes this.
  7. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    From what I gather, Satele's best parts are in the flashpoint interactions apparently.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    But what if Revan tries again?

9. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009

If Jadeus and Barass enterd the same room it would cause a HAMpocalypse!

Zorrixor, Gorefiend and AusStig like this.
  10. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I love Barass.

But Jadeus should be either; New Emperor OR quest giver for ALL classes.

"Accept the gift of your life jedi. Now let us discuss death, the Emperor and the future of the galaxy."

11. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Looks like Satele still has little to do in Makeb.

12. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Hello everyone:) . I hope you guys don't mind if I pop in just to ask a random question about the old republic Jedi. Does anyone know who the first recorded Jedi was?

13. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Hi :).
    @ First Jedi
    Not really, as they seemed to have started out as an order of force philosophers on Typhon formed from various force using traditions. So likely there wasn’t really a first one, but a whole group that decided to start calling themselves Jedi.

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Satele is pretty boring in story, although she mostly appears in the Knight story as a quest giver, complain about how not everything fits Jedi doctrine (think early Bastilla, just a bit less pompous), at least concerning the Voss, and show up at award ceremonies. And as occasional quest giver for other things. With the Sith bosses, I think there are a few lines about killing them sooner or later (mostly not to their faces, but almost everyone expects it sooner or later).

Although for the Sith storylines, whenever you turn against your Master (or they turn against you, that's not really a spoiler as so much an inevitability), its always kind of strange how everyone else still treats your character as normal (not like you're a wanted criminal who a Dark Council member wants to kill, oh wait). Guess the Sith lapdogs just obey whoever happens to be closer and otherwise try to stay out of the power struggles. But its partially the big static MMO world that probably shaped the Sith storylines, since for instance, on Coruscant, plenty of random Imperial NPC mobs, but don't think there are any Republic enemies to fight on Dromund Kaas (the Sith are busy killing each other anyway).

The Baras joke meme is kind of funny, though I still somewhat miss his Threat of Peace design (one of the few good things to come out of that comic).

15. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Thank you!:)

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I find it sad that when i came across the Duros place (or was it section?) on Nar Shaddaa, during the Sith Warrior storyline, the first thing i thought is whether or not this place contradicts the EU.

Lugija, Gorefiend and Zorrixor like this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Marr did his job, let's see how does the war go on.

18. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Dr Oggurobb is also actually nice... a nice Hutt... who would have thought... Gorefiend might hate me for saying that though :p Love that line by him where he says that Hutts can speak Basic... its just that they don't want to.

19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    When Gravemind did that in the Halo series, I sighed, rolled my eyes, and just though it lazy writing... with Hutts though, that's actually rather amusing and suits them to be lazy and arrogant in refusing to use someone else's language.

20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Darth Acina said she was picked by the Emperor to oversee the technology when she joined the Dark Council, but we know before the Emperor's "death", the council never had such a person, the council member of technology is Darth Mekhis-Darth Hadra.

Or, maybe there is some scheme behind it?

21. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Why didn't I read this sooner? Because you ninja'd me.

And for the curious: my other characters also have meaningful names: My Red Sith Inquisitor is named Nefver after a character Nefernefernefer (beautifulbeautifulbeautiful) from The Egyptian, who used to charm men and use their lust to rob them blind. And because Red Sith and Egyptians, duh.

My Mirialan smuggler is named Boska, because his father said that a lot during the birth (it means "Come on!") and her mother, who doesn't speak Huttese, liked the sound of it.

Cronal, Gorefiend and Zorrixor like this.
  22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Gorefiend likes this.
  23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Does anyone have a problem seeing a Sith player with a non-red lightsaber, especially when its a jedi color?

Personally it doesn't really make sense from a role playing perspective for their to be a sith with a blue or green lightsaber in this time period. I'm fine with some Sith wielding non-red blades, such as Exar Kun and his gang, and evil Anakin in ROTS, but when it comes to the context of TOR it doesn't make much sense. After all, there are plenty of synthetic lightsaber crystals within this Sith Empire, so no shortage of red lightsabers, and the Sith are aware of this sith tradition. So it doesn't make much sense for a Sith born and raised in this society to start using another color.

Though i have seen some Sith NPC's with a non-red blade (one Sith Lord, forget his name, had a purple blade, his apprentice with a yellow one i think), i haven't seen any NPC with a blue or green blade.

24. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I have no problem with the color variance, given the nature of the game mechanic. In TOR, like in KOTOR I & II, color impacts stats, it's not a completely aesthetic choice. Why this should be so, outside of game mechanics, is unclear, probably so mumbo-jumbo about crystalline resonance properties or something, but since it is that way, it makes sense to choose whatever color has the most practical value.

There are 'dark' and 'light' descriptors added to many of the actual lightsaber designs, so the Sith and Jedi are apparently cognizant of that portion of the tradition, it's just that the crystals are presented as a fungible commodity.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It does bother me a bit, my Sith only use red crystals.