main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Erik290121

Erik290121 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2016
    Just finished new chapter.

Have mixed thoughts, but I can summarize my initial thoughts into a sentence:

Satele Shan and Ghost Marr are idiots/garbage. (And I thought Koth was bad)

2. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011

Could you elaborate why you think so?

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    The whole "jedi and sith are bad, you need a new way to fight Arcann".

4. Erik290121

Jan 2, 2016
    Force Ghosts aren't anything new to Star Wars, particularly the Old Republic Era. I didn't care when I heard Marr was a ghost, that doesn't mean it definitively changes who he was/his personality/etc.

...But something changed in Marr after the destruction of his physical body, and I don't like it. He's gripped in regret, apperceive to his allies (if the Outlander was Sith/Imperial), and seems very bitter. It's almost like who he was is self destructing, it's hard to tell.

Satele is Kreia-lite, and even roll playing as the Empire's Wrath I couldn't help but pity what she had become. She was the crusader of Light and beacon of hope for the Republic for so long, even when she ordered the destruction of the Imperial Transport Ship my character was on I had a respect for her as an enemy.

Slowpokeking
    It wasn't the "new way" that bothered me. Hell, I'm role playing as a Light Sided Sith, I've been playing "a new way" since the prologue of the class story lines. But Ghost Marr and Satele just seem to be tearing a apart the old ways to the point of stupidity. They're so focused on finding out where they went wrong that they've abandoned their duties and won't even give a more convincing reason of not joining The Alliance in their main base of operations. Satele won't even spend an extra 30 minutes to visit her son.

The Will of the Force being a paradox that contradicts itself was great, and the idea that force wielders are it's Commander seems like a great way to rationalize a lot of the science-fantasy that exists in the Star Wars mythos.

Koth is whiny, as is Senya. Nothing new to add on that topic.

This chapter was just sad. These two, broken and increasingly self destructive characters, one of which inspired Sith Warrior to rise through the ranks, neutralize Baras, and defend the Empire time and time again, are now just bitter shells of the people they use to be. Like some raging alcoholic musician whose heyday in the 60s had long pasted, who cannot get over his regrets and refuses to find new meaning in his life giving lectures/rants to a younger generation of musicians about his own failures-------not because he genuinely cares about the next generation's success, but because he wants to feel important and so he lectures and obsesses.

That's what I mean. Satele and Ghost Marr are sad, broken, people.

Betrayal Incarnate unsurprisingly betrayed me by ignoring my direct orders, and Havoc Squad's overconfidence seems to have bit them in the ass.

Not much else to say. Oh, and Valkorian is out of my body. I don't mind being possessed, I wish just the Force Ghost doing so would have the courtesy to at least be sociable and friendly with it's meat puppet, like Zash. We need more amicable body snatchers in the Star Wars mythos. But yeah, Valkorian was whinier and more judgmental than usual this episode.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Lana statue!
    [​IMG]

6. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I liked the chapter. I really liked ghost Marr. I like how he became a force ghost, through a desire to defend the Empire. Was nice how it tied into what Qui-gon said about force ghosts coming from the surrender of one self.

I think Marr and Satele are broken by their defeats, since both of them defined themselves through how they defended their nations and they failed, utterly, so I use that to explain their change.

Heard some music from KOTOR 2, still hate that game and don't like how people are waxing. Still a bit of a clif hanger

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    If Vitiate and Exar Kun used the same technique to make themselves immortal, does that mean Wall of Light would seal off Vitiate as well?

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  8. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Now that would be interesting. It would be a nice way to end his story and a good call back to tales of the Jedi

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Isn't that what the Jedi Consular did in the first Class story, but to another Sith spirit?

10. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    [​IMG]

AusStig likes this.
  11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Not bad, nice to see Vette back.

12. Erik290121

Jan 2, 2016
    Is that twilik confirmed to be Vette?

Awesome. Having her and the con artist from the Bounty Hunter storyline team up was a nice choice by the writers.

Finally, my romance can (hopefully) be reinitiated!

13. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Yup, Vette is back!

AusStig likes this.
  14. JamesSkywalker

JamesSkywalker Jedi Master

Jun 8, 2011
    Haven't played SWTOR in years. Is the hero of tython this outlander character? Do you have your old companions in the expansion?

15. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Yes....and no.

All player characters are the Outlander and you have a 'selection' of companions from all classes, plus some new ones

16. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    An open letter to SWTOR players.

SOURCE

Ghost and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  17. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh, I skipped a heartbeat. I thought this was the endgame announcement.

Few, relief.

18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, I was expecting a "but" in there somewhere after "Is SWTOR going to receive ongoing support? The absolute answer is yes." Scared me for a sec.

RafSwi7 and Darthmaul208 like this.
  19. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Introducing Weapon Tunings

A Weapon Tuning is an exciting new way to customize your weaponry, creating a brilliant visual flair on the weapon itself!

20. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    In other words, Unstable Arbiter prices should drop sharply once they're out. :p Though I expect the nicer animations will be restricted to packs with very low drop rates. Sounds like not all weapons will have a tuning slot, but hope some of the reputation vendors will have tuning slot weapons available.

Lot of PR-speech in that letter, no surprise. So they're "starting on non-chapter" stuff? Yep, no new raids (or probably even flashpoints) for another year. Oh well, nice to hear something from them, the devs have been pretty quiet this year, aside from the endless delays with Eternal Championship. I still expect EC to launch broken somehow, at the rate they're going. They're probably saving some big news for E3 too. Wonder if they'll get another trailer this year.

21. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Hey guys, so I've finished up to Shadow of Revan. Where do I go from there - I've been absent for quite awhile.

23. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    sor story continues on ziost. you pick it up on your ship terminal. then from there you start kotfe

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    be careful who you feed your gifts too we lose
    senya and scorpio

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013