main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Double post

2. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    All looks very interesting, honestly.

Looks to me that one could consider the whole KotET project outside of both Disney Canon and Legends.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Until the Republic and Sith unify against you and make a new Republic...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    That happening is what I'm hoping for as well.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Reading through this, it looks like part of Vaylin was locked in this Holocron trap and now they use it against Valkorion. So it's not a permanent trap unless they have adjusted it

6. Darth Sophis

Darth Sophis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Very intriguing. Setting up the galaxy for the eventual Draggulch Period, maybe?
    And so, your Alliance takes control of the fleet and the rest unites against you, essentially putting you in Arcann's former position. And, making the fleet a "humanitarian armada" is so delightfully naive; intention has no bearing on capabilities, either in practice or in your enemies' eyes.

Also, Big V for life.@};-

[face_rofl]

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    This is big, isn't it?

For the first time in the game you have TRUE power. You are no longer anyone's lackey. Politically you are on the same lavel as the chancellor of the Republic or the Emperor/the Empress of the Sith Empire.

This is also the ending for Valkorion's storyline which began in the Forged Alliances storyline (or in the original game for JK and SW characters) and lorewise nearly 1500 years before SWTOR events... In some ways it is also an ending for KotOR storyline.

What now? If KotET is 16 chapters long (like KotFE) it means we will have 7 chapters left to fight with the Republic (which will be leaderless at this point) and the Sith Empire. More importantly, we will have only 7 chapters to regain 18 still missing companions (some of them like Kira or Scourge strongly tied to Valkorion).

If it was a singleplayer game, the game would have ended after defeating Valkorion. In chapter 9 we reach the culmination point of the story and I have no idea what plans they have for future story. How is possible to top this? What great threat you still need to overcome?

Either Valkorion is not gone or season 3 is certainly going to happen.

8. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

Well, well, well. This does look interesting.
    Perhaps we can deal with the fallout of over throwing an Empire? Perhaps instead of fighting The Republic or the Sith Empire we keep them from fighting? Play peace keeper. Instead of us trying to WIN the war, we are trying to stop one in the first place. Would be new different and maybe even fun.

Over, it looks intriguing also

Getting to kill Suresh at long last sounds worth the price of admission

darklordoftech and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    SCORPIO and her fate.

Apparently she merges herself with Iokath

Darth Sophis and darklordoftech like this.
  10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It's about time. For too long has Vitiate been a "mystery". For too long has he come and gone from the plot. For too long have we been teased by KOTOR II establishing the "true Sith".

11. Darth Sophis

Darth Sophis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Here's hoping for an AI Box Experiment scenario. Maybe you'll lose badly after Chapter 9 and be forced to seek his help?

12. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    No option of destroying the Eternal Fleet and dissolving the Alliance back into its respective factions?

13. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

I saw no such option. What is more new missions called "uprisings" most probably resolve around resistance to your new Eternal Alliance.

Darth Sophis likes this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    How long until we're the bad guys?

15. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

Not right now I suppose. So far the uprising missions resolve around: The Dust Vipers [outlaws], The Crimson Fang [scroundels funded by the Hutt Cartel], The White Maw [pirates], the faction withnin Sith Intelligence, some group of Sith Lords, most likely members of Coruscant Security forces and there is another mission where I have no idea who we are going to face. I can be wrong of course.

16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This is all very interesting, but one thing disappoints me and that's that Scourge doesn't return in time to be of help against Vitiate/Valkorion. If he could, that would be the best because that would tie a nice little bow around his story, too.

So my guess is that some main story companions, we'll meet in combat (i.e. Quinn will probably be on the frontlines for the Empire against your Eternal Alliance and then joins you for some reason) during Chapters 10-16. My biggest curiosity is where the Jedi will fall in all this. I doubt they'd remain true to the Republic as it's totally corrupt by this point. Yet if your character is a Sith, would the Jedi really align with the Eternal Alliance? My guess is this is one of the first opportunities we'll have to see the Jedi totally unaligned to any major galactic power.

RafSwi7 and darklordoftech like this.
  17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    What Jedi? They were all already wiped out. Again. :p

Honestly, I'm not sure there is much of a Jedi Order left. Satele's gone crazy and is off on her own little trip, chatting with Marr's ghost most of the time. We have some Jedi present in the Alliance, but so far Bioware's been pushing a new "beyond light and darkness" thing. There's still a Sith hierarchy, but with the shape the Republic is in, I doubt Tython was left standing. Valkorion claims he's beyond such categories, and both Satele and Marr said the Jedi and Sith philosophies weren't enough.

If the Outlander actually does become Eternal Emperor/Empress, it sure will be interesting to see how what shape the Alliance is in after that. Like Theron and Lana, despite splitting from their original factions, thought someday order would be restored. Though if the Republic isn't willing to see reason even with Saresh gone, that's kind of depressing. Guess it depends on how long "reasonable" Acina sticks around.

Based on these spoilers, doesn't sound like any more old companions will play much of a role anymore (not like Gault's bank heist or even Torian's Mando chapter), which is disappointing. As mentioned, Scourge at least had unfinished business with the Emperor (maybe Kira too). Then again, not like the developers care much about the Jedi Knight class (not like T7 has contributed anything past chapter 6 of KotFE). Its usually about the Sith Empire.

Even if these spoilers are incomplete (and thank you RafSwi7 for reporting all these spoilers), I'm more disappointed that it sounds like Valkorion will be defeated without Revan doing anything. After how Shadow of Revan ended, I was hoping he would finally get to contribute to the Sith Emperor's defeat (the original game at launch failed to use his character for anything other than a mere Flashpoint objective/boss).

But considering how KotFE has been mostly a reboot, sweeping away the old and forcing a new storyline down our throat, I'm not too surprised.

If this was a single-player game, being crowned would be the finale, but especially as an MMO there still needs to be a challenge. Even if there haven't been any new Operations for a long time (and there will be no new Ops for a long time to come). I wouldn't have minded Valkorion as a continuing threat, just dealing with Vaylin and SCORPIO could last a year. And figures we can't kill SCORPIO, Bioware likes her too much. It does sound poetic to lock away Valkorion the same way he sealed Vaylin, but I hope he goes out with some dignity rather than the typical "This cannot be! I am invincible!" villain cliche. Well, Valkorion is a cliche in many ways, but the voice acting (and snark) made up for a lot of it).

Not sure I'm looking forward to the October announcement as much anymore. Not that I had much high expectations anymore, but still. Hm, I better rush to finish up a few more DvL stuff then I'll probably let my subscription lapse.

Darthmaul208, Revanfan1 and RafSwi7 like this.
  18. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

My thoughts exactly. I hoped that Scourge and maybe even Revan would help us against the Emperor. Still, if we are going to have 16 chapters, there is no way that it will not end with something much, much bigger than fighting the Emperor. Otherwise the pacing of the story would be incredibly odd. In KotFE the battle of Asylum (chapter 8) was a big event but not as big as the battle against Arcann on Odessen (chapter 16). Still, defeating Valkorion creates big antagonist void that will be hard to fill, especially when Vaylin, Arcann and Scorpio are no longer a threat.

I am actually very impressed with these new 9 chapters but the fact that no old companion returns in the first 9 chapters irks me a little.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    sounds like there's your answer unless these members of the Coruscant Security Force are loyal to Saresh

20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Good point. KOTET Chapter 16 would really have to be a game-changer to beat that.

Darth Sophis likes this.
  21. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    So no Jadus coming back against the Emperor?

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That's your response to LITERAL game Galaxy changing events. Wow.

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I just think it's wasted opportunity.

Anyway Vitiate had never been a well built character, it's nice to get rid of him.

24. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    EDIT: This whole thing is just crazy...

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    SWTOR doesn't have to follow the old legends anymore.

26. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016

Yes... I just caught up on that little development by reading this thread.:p
    Opened my big mouth before I actually read anything