main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm not talking about him. It makes little sense that all the other Dark Council members are gone.

We even saw Vowrawn joined the meeting with Arcann, so it's more likely that they went into hiding and build up forces, left a young member like Acina as the so called "empress" then wait for chances to come.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder: If KOTOR II didn't introduce the "True Sith", what sort of Sith faction would TOR have?

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's hard to say whether it would have made any difference, since Kreia specifically says "Revan found no Sith empire" and yet TOR had one anyway.

4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I think a lot of the plot were recycled Vong story since originally, the Vong was set to be the "True Sith Empire" rather than some alien from another galaxy.

Still, the SWTOR Sith Empire resemble the Galactic Empire with no in-story reason, that kinda sucks.

5. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011

Who is Rai? You meant me? I am a guy :p

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Dangnabbit. My apologies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RafSwi7 and Darth Sophis like this.
  7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    So do you hope Zakuul would stay as the focus of the story? Or return to the Republic+Empire?

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

TBH it's not a popular opinion, but I like having Zakuul as a focus. It's different. Jedi vs. Sith has been done and done again, and it's great, but it's fallen so far by the wayside in SWTOR to instead be Wannabe PT Republic vs. Wannabe OT Empire with a few Jedi and Sith thrown in that something like Zakuul is really welcome. And this is coming from someone who really likes the Republic Trooper storyline as well as the Imperial Agent storyline, so Rep vs. Imp doesn't necessarily bother me.

9. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    When TOR shuts down, I'm holding out for an endgame cutscene where the scene turns blue, and then appears above a Holocron which then deactivates.Yoda's using it as a mythical storybook to share cautionary tales to younglings - among them, a young girl Togruta.
    "Did that all really happen, Master Yoda? Is it true?"
    [​IMG]

"Good questions! Yes, very good! The answers - more complicated. Truths? Yes. Fact? Perhaps. But Truth is more important than fact. And Many truths there are to be found in Legends."
    [​IMG]

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don;t dislike Zakuul, but I wish my character could get his/her identity back, no longer as the Outlander but as the Jedi/Sith/Agent he/she used to be.

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

I don't see it happening. It would go against the entire KotFE/KotET premise, that your character must become something more than the person he/she was to defeat the Empire of Zakuul. Also...

...you will be the Emperor now.

Darth Sophis likes this.
  12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't even like the Emperor title at all.

Other than Vitiate, none of the Sith use this title. Palpatine's Emperor got nothing to do with his Sith title, which is still Dark Lord of the Sith, and he called himself the Sith'ari.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Darth Krayt had it too.

Darth Sophis likes this.
  14. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    The Zakuul must have an Emperor... as long as the Eternal Fleet is around.

15. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

Can the Alliance just blow up/send into a sun the fleet?

Then we can highjack Garblaque the Hutts' luxury barge and just party it up. Because we have saved the galaxy enough

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I would love to save some characters, but the focus should come back to our original faction.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Don't lie, we all know this is what you really mean.

Darth Sophis likes this.
  18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Wut? Sure I want to let Vaylin live, but other than Arcann I don't think anyone is necessary to die, oh, maybe Koth.

19. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC REMAKE IS STILL AROUND, BUT IN STASIS (EXCLUSIVE)

Also, check your e-mail - "sign up by October 5 to get a bonus month free*"

*THIS OFFER IS EXCLUSIVE TO NAMED RECIPIENT. A PURCHASE OF ANY RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION PACK BY OCTOBER 5 2016 AT 11:59PM PDT IS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE BONUS GAMETIME. BONUS GAME TIME AWARDED AT THE END OF THE FIRST PAID MONTH OR PAID SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD OR END OF THE FIRST PAID GAME TIME CARD PERIOD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT.

20. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    If I'm correct then Knights of the Fallen Empire was made when Disney was (and still is) in charge.
    Doesn't that make it canon? If so I'm not the biggest fan of it! KotFE is kind of silly in my opinion and is just a way to attract peoples attention.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It's Legends.

Darth Rozic likes this.
  22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

SWTOR and all of its expansions are legends. What do you mean by "KotFE is kind of silly in my opinion"?

Darth Rozic likes this.
  23. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    I just think that KotFE is kind of weird. Vitiate works for a thousand years making a Sith Empire then he just ditches it and goes to the Eternal Empire! RafSwi7

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

Well, even his "pre-KotFE" persona never really cared for the Empire...

[Jedi Knight storyline spoilers]
    ...he would have destroyed both the Empire and the Republic if he had not been stopped by the Hero of Tython.
    For Valkorion everything is the means to an end.

Darth Sophis and Darth Rozic like this.
  25. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Yeah as others have said it is completely legends. From what I have read MMO's are generally issued about ten year licenses and since this game takes place thousands of years in the past and in no way affects anything in the ST or Rebels (there have been references to the old republic so far in canon but the references have been so vague that you could still fit the legends stories into canon pretty easily) Disney is likely letting them play out their contract which will last about another five years I believe. After that the current game will likely end and if Disney wants to do another MMO it will likely be something for canon.

Darth Rozic likes this.