main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    didn't revan die?.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Does anyone ever really die in an mmorpg story?

vncredleader and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Fixed. :p

RafSwi7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    I will try to answer your questions:
    • Yes, in order to play Knights of the Eternal Throne you need to be subscriber (to pay) on December 2nd.
    • You won't play as Vaylin or Senya in this storyline. Still, these characters are very important to the story.
    • Yeah, it looks like that "the conditioning" is the name for her treatment on Nathema (which we have seen in the trailer).
    • Senya and Vaylin appear in the previous expansion called Knights of the Fallen Empire and will appear again in KotET. What we have seen in the trailer happened before KotFE events. The last scene of the trailer (adult Vayllin attacking her mother) happened between KotFE and KotET storylines.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The Jedi Knight has a reflect ability.

6. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
  7. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    anyone on harbinger willing to run me through the eternal championship? willing to pay 500k just need it as last thing to get the lvd comp. and im a solo player so having trouble. empire side btw

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
  9. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Valkorion about his "forms":
    Valkorion: Emperor of the Sith was my first face, but it is merely one of many I have worn.
    Player: And what about the face you wear now?
    Valkorion:I found Valkorion centuries ago. He was a great warrior. A champion of ancient Zakuul. It was only natural I hollow him out to use as my vessel.

Teneb Kel (later known as Darth Thanaton) and Exal Kressh from "Blood of the Empire" comic series. IMHO the only good SWTOR comic.

10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Whoa, there actually was a real Valkorion at some point?

11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Mind...blown.

12. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Ooh, very interesting.
    Well, that sure sounds like almost confirmation for what Valkorion plans for the Outlander- he's preparing his next vessel. There's been speculation in that direction, but didn't know Valkorion used to have a life before Vitiate/Tenebrae/whatever, and wasn't just made from energy (like the monoliths on Ziost). Funny the Sacrifice trailer shows Valkorion visibly aging- when the twins were born, he had black hair I think? Then by present he's older. Unless that simply means the Valkorion vessel was dying, which is why he let himself "die" then moved onto the next one. Since some of the earlier datamined stuff talk about sealing or destroying Vitiate with that holocron that held his father's spirit, its almost too bad there probably won't be a darkside option to let Valkorion rule with the Outlander, that'd be a fun way to keep Valkorion around.

Nothing that new though, not after the Emperor's Voice, or all the Children. Not to mention whatever happened to the Emperor's Hand. Wonder if we'll hear details about him operating multiple bodies at once. Like I think the Jedi Knight defeats one, then the Emperor is trapped in that Voice body on Voss, until the Sith Warrior frees him, then is out of it until Yavin. Senya mentioned Valkorion was "distant" during those times, so that's probably part of it.

I think the recent stream mentioned that KotET will have 25 chapters in total? And that while you can replay chapters (on some higher difficulties) only the choices from the first playthrough will matter. Too bad, I was hoping it might be something more like Mass Effect (with Paragon and Renegade playthroughs) but guess that would be expecting too much from an MMO (that's what alts are for probably).

Sounds like preferred/F2P are really losing out on what options they had. And supposedly they plan to bring back every companion, but considering their track record so far, I doubt they'll succeed.

And yeah, Blood of the Empire was probably the best SWTOR comic. Ah, those were the days, back with Dark Horse and SWTOR was more like a multimedia project and the old EU, before the dark times, before Disney. :p Although I liked Lost Suns too, and its actually still pretty relevant, considering Lost Suns introduced Theron Shan.

Darthmaul208 and Darth Sophis like this.
  13. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    [quote="Nobody145, post: 53897928, member: 1285342"
    I think the recent stream mentioned that KotET will have 25 chapters in total?.[/quote]
    KOTET only has 9 chapters. The whole story is KOTFE+KOTET, which is where the number 25 is from.

14. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Ah, that makes sense. I thought they would have more post-story chapters with the Outlander recruiting old companions (still at least a dozen to go), to explain the 25 number, but forgot about including KotFE in that count. Most of the chapters post-9 and pre-15 weren't that memorable.

Hope its a good sign that they'll wrap things up in just nine chapters. KotFE's initial nine chapters were entertaining the first time, but overall the 16 chapters also felt stretched out, or rather several chapters felt like filler, especially the post-launch ones.

15. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Do you still need help?

My char's name is Tempestania and Vas'rojo. I can help you this week if you still need it done.

16. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    thanks mate. but ended up getting someone to run me through it. was a pain in the ass my comp lags to pieces when there is a heap of aoe's going on

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    That's nice, you can add me as friends and contact me if you need any help in the future.

bizzbizz likes this.
  18. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
  19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    *ears perk up*

So, wait, does this meant that the Vitiate-Valkorian entity might actually pre-date Vitiate, too? "The first face I have worn" isn't quite the same thing as "Who I really am" or "Who I was originally".

. . .

I'm not great with TOR lore but is it at all conceivable that he could be something "Other" (or w/e) that possessed Vitiate during the big Sith Lord killing ritual that was supposed to have simply empowered him?

Or that he was something "Other" that possessed a kid at birth, given Vitiate's whole Creepy Child schtick.

Hm.

It'd be funny if it turned out he was the Son on his first extended trip outside Mortis before being shoved back in at TOR's conclusion. :p

20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

That's what it sounds like, but more likely it's just Valkorian saying "I don't identify that child as me anymore." He's grown beyond being Tenebrae and considers himself a god; that body, although it may have been his true original form, isn't him anymore. It's just a shell that he's cast aside.

Darth Sophis likes this.
  21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's really sad that Revan would not be in this part of the story. He was wasted badly.

So if it wasn't his folly to empower the Emperor, would the Eternal Empire still attack us?

22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Some new info:

• It seems that some "alert" companions will appear in the chapter 8, when Vaylin attacks Odessen. Most likely they won't have any speaking lines.
    • Lorman from "Annihilation" novel will appear during the KotET storyline.
    • "Light" Arcann will have his wounds healed and he won't be wearing the mask anymore.
    • We will be able to recruit Shae after the Mando chapter from KotFE storyline. Ranos will be recruitable after KotFE chapter 9. We will be able to unlock them instantly with the special item (like Nico).
    • There are "clickable items" named "corpse_koth", "corpse_lana", "corpse_theron" which supposedly will appear in the chapter 9. Still, conversations never mention them dying there (maybe some vision or something).
    • New abilities added for the final fight. Revan: Assault. Satele: Saber Strike, Telecinetic Burst, Turbulence, Weaken Mind.
    • They also added some descriptions for player "transformations":
    • Lana and Koth had a thing for a while but they broke up before KotFE storyline.
    Well, I don't know exact details but Revan (and Satele and Marr) will take part in the final battle (but I don't know in what form).

Darth Sophis and AusStig like this.
  23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Can we kill Koth?:mad:

24. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

Yes, if he left you in KotFE storyline

AusStig likes this.
  25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I definitely suspected Lana/Koth was a thing at some point, given all the times you can bring it up (and some of the subtler things Koth in particular says in the early KOTFE chapters), but it's nice to see it confirmed.

RafSwi7 and AusStig like this.