main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    its kinda funny?

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ouch much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Some more spoilers;

Lana: This isn't a game, Acina. If you activate that weapon, thousands will die!
    A: But I'll save millions of Imperials from the fury of the Eternal Fleet. Surely that's a cause worthy of sacrifice, Agent Beniko.

Acina: From this seat, I will harness the power of Iokath's superweapon--and lay waste to your Eternal Alliance.
    Player: Step away from the throne, and you can end this war right now.
    A: Oh, I will end this war... in spectacular fashion.
    P: Quinn! You serve the Empire first, not Acina. Strike her down, before she destroys us all.
    Quinn: My lord...
    A: He will do nothing of the sort.
    Q: You're wrong, Empress. This is too dangerous. If what they say is true...
    A: Enough!
    P: The last time I saw that seat, it was occupied by a dead man. Are you sure you know what you're doing?
    A: The schematics were a gift from a trusted ally. He assured me they were quite safe.
    Theron: I've heard enough. Stand down, Empress!
    A: Witness the last gasp of your pathetic alliance.
    P: You're playing with fire, and I'm going to enjoy watching you burn.
    A: I'm willing to die for my empire, Commander. Are you?
    P: Acina! No!

A: It's beautiful... I see a radiant empire, infused with the Force, built by the molten gods... They're gracing me with the superweapon's power. It belongs to the Sith Empire!
    P: That weapon killed an entire species for trying to harness its power. If you think you're in control, think again.
    A: You are blind to the truth.
    P: It was only a matter of time before Acina snapped.
    A: You're wrong, Commander. It's you who are blind.
    A: No! The gates are closing...!
    Q: The throne is rejecting your input! You've lost your hold on the superweapon!
    A: No. I can still see it. I know what I must do. They are coming...
    A: Aaargh!

A: Commander. You were right... I've awakened the gods. Nothing can stop them.
    P: You're wrong, Acina. Whatever you woke up, I'll find a way to stop them.
    A: No, Commander. Soon, you will join me in death
    P: Who are these gods? What did you see when you activated the throne?
    A: They are the six. They showed me the end of all things, and it was beautiful.
    T: I have to admit, I respected her. For a Sith.

P: SCORPIO's in control of Iokath now. Could she have done this?
    T: I'm not sure how SCORPIO would benefit, but she's on my list.

P: Search the records for any signs of what wiped them out.
    T: It looks like Iokath's creators were fighting a civil war. One side built the weapon, but something went wrong... The superweapon's more dangerous than we thought. It wiped out all life on this planet.
    P: What kind of weapon wipes out an entire species and leaves the droids to tend house?
    T: Maybe a bioweapon? Sentient programming? I'm not sure. Only one thing's for certain...
    P: The Sith Emperor consumed all life on Nathema and Ziost. Could he be behind this weapon?
    T: That, or it's what drew him here in the first place. We may never know.

T: According to this data, it was tested on four different planets before Iokath. All successful. Over ten trillion lives, gone. This isn't a weapon, it's the apocalypse.
    P: A weapon that powerful can't be trusted with anyone--not even the Eternal Alliance. We need to find and dismantle it, piece by piece.
    P: If the Supreme Commander hears about this, he may try to seize the weapon--and turn it against us.
    or
    P: If the Empress hears about this, she may try to seize the weapon--and turn it against us.

P: (flirt with Malcom) We should've teamed up sooner. I could've used a strong warrior like you by my side.
    T: Are you kidding me? I'm going to be sick.

P: You spied on Acina's personal files during our trip to Dromund Kaas. How do we break her?
    T: Acina's a survivor. She knows when to strike, and when to let her opponents dig their own graves. She'll hang back. Act distressed. I know this trick. She's going to play dead. She will feign weakness. She's going to prey on our overconfidence.
    Jace: And then spring her trap, right when we let our guard down. Clever Sith.

4. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    It's been deleted, what was the troll?

5. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Pablo was equating the number of people that want a KOTOR movie to the number of people at the Trump inauguration, implying that people think there is a higher number of people that want a KOTOR movie than there actually are.

It had something to do with an online petition or something to demand that LFL make a kotor movie (people thought the number of signatures they had meant there was high demand or something)

6. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Darkslayer and AusStig like this.
  7. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I don't know about a movie but there is a call for a netflix show set in the "Old Republic" era, that has a decent numbers of sigs on it.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    And Pablo tweeted a pic of Trump's inauguration crowd in response.

9. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    I have just replayed the False Emperor flashpoint. Malgus was still lying dead at the end of it.

Also - quotes, that in my opinion hint at future story development and this "new threat".
    New threat. Malgus is the obvious choice but Scourge also fits the description.

"The schematics were a gift from a trusted ally. He assured me they were quite safe."
    "THE RAGE IN YOUR SHADOW. THE TRAITOR."
    "ONE MARKED BY ANGER. PAIN. HOPE ERODING."
    "THE BETRAYER LURED YOU TO IOKATH. IGNITED WAR. SPARKED THE ENGINES OF RAGE, ENVY, PASSION, HATE, SORROW. THE BETRAYER NOW OFFERS YOU: SACRIFICE PRIME. FUEL FOR THE SIX GODS!"

Radiant city/empire... Not sure if this is a real place or just a vision.

"It's beautiful... I see a radiant empire, infused with the Force, built by the molten gods..."
    "I see a radiant city. Bathed in light, forged by the molten gods..."
    "No! The gates are closing...!"

New and old info from Scions (yes, they return in 5.2).

"You stand guard at the gates of madness, at the center of the Maelstrom. It is there we will meet again, in your hour of need. Brace yourself, Outlander."
    "Your fate is already written. You will clash with the gods, and when you subdue them, you will be judged worthy to take possession of their shells."
    "You will drive the titans against your Imperial foes/Republic enemies--and become a god yourself."

Darth Sophis and Sinrebirth like this.
  10. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Why? Who is he? What does he gain by mocking fans of TOR (setting)?

11. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Pablo Hidalgo is a member of Lucasfilm Story Group that determines canon.

And yeah, I agree that Pablo's tweet was in very poor taste (and probably running afoul of Disney's policy to try not to get into real-world politics). Pablo needs to tone down that sarcastic, mocking demeanor he's been showing recently, in my opinion. I'm not personally a supporter of the President's policies, but I still feel Pablo went too far.

DelRiego and Darkslayer like this.
  12. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I actually feel the more questionable aspect is comparing people wanting a TOR series or film - a perfectly valid desire regardless of its plausibility - with supporters of a racist would-be autocrat. Like, seriously?

DarthJaceus, AusStig, spicer and 6 others like this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya I don't get Pablo sometimes.

RafSwi7 and Ghost like this.
  14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I mean, I do get that the only comparison he's actually trying to make is that both of them are exaggerating how much support they actually have. It's just awfully tasteless.

RafSwi7, Ghost and Darkslayer like this.
  15. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Also fake news, we have the best number [face_beatup]

So this guy, who is in charge of cannon, is extremely hostile to TOR and it's setting? There goes my hopes for Disney :( Did he miss the part where KOTOR was one of the most popular Star Wars things ever, in terms of both money and fandom?

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    He's not opposed to it- just indicating the amount of support that people think there is for such a project is, in reality, not very much

17. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    How exactly would Pablo know this? Has he conducted a scientific poll?

Ironically, the very film that started the whole Star Wars franchise back in 1977 was predicted by some "experts" beforehand to be a flop. So much so that George Lucas was able to secure the merchandising rights for the film from the studio long before they realized its true value...

18. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    It was in response to an online petition that had a number of signatures supporting a kotor movie/show. Fans thought those numbers were 'big numbers' and Pablo responded to tell them that, no, those aren't 'big numbers'

19. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    An odd thing to comment on, even stranger that he used current political imagery to mock/troll fans. Usually I just expect a polite vague non-answer, not... this. Normally a lot of his writing is good or at least decent, but these kinds of responses are a bit much.

I'm curious to see how the post-KotET story goes, but it probably won't really get going until October or December, when they'll probably launch another "expansion". I would like to see more of the post-5.0 content, but the current gear system is a waste of time (and I don't have as much free time this year as last). Oh well, maybe I'll sub later on once its all out.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  20. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Anyone have an idea how much I should be selling my new Primary Black Dye for on the exchange?

21. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    If it isn't based on KOTOR1, I'm good with it. I wouldn't want to see A New Hope released to cinemas for the third time.

22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    IIRC Primary Black Dye is expensive on my server. Check if someone has already posted it on GTN, it might indicate you the proper price. If you are the only seller you should try to sell it for a higher price.
    They want to release all remaining bosses before the new expansion, so I would not be surprised to see more story updates released with them (like the upcoming "War for Iokath").

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh]

In all seriousness though, I don't think the first KOTOR bears a huge resemblance to ANH. There's Jedi everywhere, no planet-killing superweapon, and the villain is the hero.

spicer and Revanfan1 like this.
  24. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I 100% agree, there were some influences from it. It isn't like TFA where the plot was a 1-1 copy, but the current times for a KOTOR1 film... I just don't know. We had a rehash, a prequel to ANH and now we'd have a movie that takes influences from it. Maybe start off with the Mandalorian Wars if they were to ever go KOTOR route? I still expect they'd pretty much set up their own pre-Episode 1 story. Revan may or may not be included, we've gotten some hints of him.

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    -I'll never join you Malak!

-Bastilla never told you what happened with Revan.

-She told me enough! She told me the Jedi killed him.

-No Not!Luke. You are Darth Revan.

darklordoftech likes this.