main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
  2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

Give them the approval

[​IMG]

mnjedi, RafSwi7 and darklordoftech like this.
  3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    George Lucas and James Luceno didn't seem to think so.

Aside from the fact that the Chosen One is not the Force, this reduces the prophecy to "the Chosen One will restore balance to the Chosen One". Which is quite silly as a Jedi prophecy and also says nothing of Luke.

4. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017
    Apparently we're getting two more Ops bosses and the Umbara flashpoint in 5.3

RafSwi7, Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Good. At least we have the confirmation, that Ops bosses are still being released together with the story updates. If this is true we might expect 3 more story updates after Umbara.
    • Update 5.2 - Boss #1 - Tyth/Story - War for Iokath
    • Update 5.3 - Boss #2 - Aivela and Esne/Story - Umbara flashpoint
    • Boss #3 - Nahut
    • Boss #4 - Scyva
    • Boss #5 - Izax

6. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    I thought from the latest livestream that we should get to now more info about 5.3.

When will it be released?
    I know that Malgus Satele and Garza will be in the new story but what about returning companions?
    Maybe Iresso and Raina.

7. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

Finished new Iokath story (haven't done any daily missions yet).

• Sided with the Empire as the Jedi Knight.
    • I wish there were some conversation options where you would have been able to say that you are not so happy to fight against the Republic.
    • The story was a little shorter than I have expected.
    • It has few boss encounters with its own mechanics (but nothing too complicated). No boss battle for Malcom.
    • Two "mini games" - you command walker one more time and play as Iokath droid for a while.
    • We can see the mysterious traitor during one cutscene (when you are using the throne to communicate with TYTH). We do not see face and anything else except the black robes. From datamined info we I can see that this "mysterious figure" is a female sith pureblood. She wears a mask and robes with Zakuulan elements on it (the "skirt" is similiar to these worn by Scions). I can see her face but I do not recognize her. Do you remember any important female sith purebloods from the original story?

So far, we don't know anything more.

8. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
  9. Counter

Mar 3, 2017
    Relatively unimpressed with this update.

10. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I know I'm undergeared but is anyone else finding Iokath a surprising jump in difficulty?

11. Counter

Mar 3, 2017

Yea. I'm also finding it the most bug-filled update I can remember. Not happy with this release. At all.

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  12. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    So short, too.

13. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    The enemies definitely feel beefier. Maybe a little too beefy in the "I'm not really dying but this is taking longer than I'm accustomed to steamrolling through" sense. Not sure if that's a good thing or not (It becomes more tiresome than enjoyable). I did die a couple of times but it was more to glitchiness ("Surprise! You're no longer in your walker and these three elite mobs get to beat on you while you wait to reload so you start the fight at ~50% health.") or Companions suddenly being idiots that don't function properly than any genuine difficulty.

Might go quicker with you or a companion in DPS spec though. I was running tank with healer companion.

I am NOT fond of having to "buy" the means to complete daily missions, though. Indeed a whole lot of Iokath seems designed to be a credit sink.

14. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    That's not terrible, though. Bergeron at least needs one for the economy.

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  15. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Agreed on the Begeren front. That's my server and inflation is getting ridiculous.

I did fine even undergeared in the end, it was just a surprise more than anything given most recent solo stuff has been "spam basic attack" level of difficulty.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Counter

Mar 3, 2017

That is definitely a terrible feature. I spent 300 Iokath tokens to get the Remote mission to kill 10 enemies as a remote and then promptly died after fighting 1 Strong mob...meaning I have to grind up to 300 more tokens before I can run it again.

Terrible design.

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Begeren?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. RavagerFish

RavagerFish Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2011
    Begeren Colony is one of the US servers, and from what I hear, prices for items have skyrocketed due to inflation. Therefore, the new daily credit sink might help reduce costs.

19. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    It's less about the credit sink for me and more about having to grind out Iokath Shards just to take part in daily missions. I did all the material that is possible to do without "buying in" or grouping up and still was about 100 shards away from being able to buy a walker to do that particular daily mission. That being said, I think you can knock out like 3 and a half daily missions at once in the walker.

20. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Any Imperials in Bergeren mind helping me run a Star Fortress in around 3 or 4 hours? I want to get that Nautolan companion.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'll probably be on, message me and we can group up

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    What's your username there?

23. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    About the mysterious person who are sabotaging in Iokath

There are two Sith pureblood as I have seen. The one is from Dromund Kaas when you are doing the Revanite quest.
    The 2nd one are in Belsavis from the Bonus mission. She is standing in a temple away from two imperial officers.

It might also be the female scion who is looking to you suspicious when you talked about the gods.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The Emperor's Hand seemed to consist entirely of Sith Purebloods, and at least one of them was female. Possibly now that the Big V is gone for good, they're bent on revenge?

RafSwi7, Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    I played the newest update as both Jedi Knight and Trooper. It seems that only Trooper/Sith Warrior players have the conversation with Elara/Quinn after "defeating" TYTH. On other classes they just join you without the word. Am I correct?

It also seems that Quinn can join Sith Warrior even if you sided with the Republic.

The prices on the Red Eclipse server are also crazy. The economy is broken since the Shadow of Revan update. Since then, you no longer need to pay credits to travel on planets or to unlock skills. There were also some nasty exploits runnig around and BioWare failed to act quickly (and from what I heard they have not punished everyone involved). This resulted in great influx of credits and crazy inflation.

Ha! You haven't been around the launch of the Shadow of Revan expansion, haven't you? :p I must be very lucky, becasue I did not have any bugs so far (but I have not played daily missions yet).

Sinrebirth likes this.