main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    I have now played JK and two trooper for different gender. One for Aric and the 2nd for Elara.

I played on tuesday with my 2nd trooper and it went well for Elara. I took a picture and showed it for Charles on Twitter and swtor and they liked it that I want more story with my trooper.
    I did only bad things for Lormen to make him as a slave. "It is Minister Lormen!" and the 2nd to have Lord Dramath with me against Vaylin.

I played today JK and it was nothing more special in the end with Elara and JK. I thought like Kaliyo Aric Vette and Torian that you could do the Iokath missions with Elara but just Theran and no one else.

For the 1st trooper that I wait and watched her talk to Elara and she mentioned as a surpries bad things about Zakuul. My trooper are not Elara:s Commander.
    Where can I see a list about how and where I choosed bad things? Can I do War on Iokath again?
    I can take Elara from the terminal but she wrote good things in the mail about my alliance.
    Elara is like Koth when bad things is happening then they don't want to be with you anymore.

I think about this and I am very happy about my 2nd trooper to continue the romance with Elara.
    The other romances with Kaliyo Vette Aric and Torian looks normal and Elara are different.
    I guess update 5.3 will be released in June not later.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I just finished the Iokath expansion on my Knight, who sided with the Republic. I had an odd niggling that I made the wrong choice.

Anyone notice that Dorne literally just disappeared after her first cutscene? Never saw her again. I have her as my companion right now but she was literally nowhere to be seen the whole entire story. I saw Quinn more than her (and speaking of Quinn, he just kind of disappeared, too!). :confused:

Sinrebirth and AusStig like this.
  3. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Didn't they say there was going to be more Iokath story? Maybe they'll show up there. I'm just happy my trooper has all of havoc back together. :)

4. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I just want Kira and Ashara. Scourge and Zash, too.

vncredleader likes this.
  5. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017
    Actually, Raf, I've been playing since before launch--was in Beta. SoR had a ton of bugs, but given the relative size and scope of download (it was an official expansion after all with 8 hours of gameplay, 2 flashpoints, 2 new worlds, and 2 new operations), I can forgive them.

This is merely an update--1 new daily zone, 1 hour of story, and 1 ops boss.

And the quality of it has been largely unacceptable. It's the buggiest update I've experienced.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  6. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011

Yup, we can only speak with Elara after the story content if we play as Trooper. The same goes with Quinn and Sith Warrior (here we can speak to Quinn even if we joined the Republic).

AusStig and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    I am wondering how Jaessa will think about it when SW are joining with the Republic and she were a former Jedi.
    It might be possible for her to go back again.

About the person who is behind this plot on Iokath to have a new Galactic war between Empire and Republic.
    The person who is the saboteur are not alone and three characters Malgus Satele and Garza might be suspicious to do this kind of plot.
    It might also be Jadus and he could be working with Raina Temple because she is an professional agent and fit for the hidden dark robe for sabotaging the Gods.

I red from swtor forums about Kira. That Kira can do this with an order from the Emperor Valkorion but he is dead and she should not feel anything from him like Arcann said to the Outlander.

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I haven't made my decision yet.

I can't get the fact I'm best friends with Theron and possibly killing his father.

But could I betray Lana?

Would she forgive me for siding against the Empire?

9. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Honestly, this is just a poorly done expansion regardless, and it's really showing some of the issues with making this a MMO while trying to do a RPG.

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Do tell.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  11. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I don't want to spoil anything...

12. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Well, that's why spoiler folders are awesome.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

TBH Theron doesn't even really care that much, from what I can tell. And Lana barely blinks if you turn against Acina. At this point, their loyalties to their former governments are completely severed; I think they're 100% on your side, no matter what.

Sinrebirth and RafSwi7 like this.
  14. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

I think the story is better siding with the Empire, more emotional especially for Theron. I think it is just a really good tale and I honestly don't think I will side with the Republic for anyone other then the trooper (my trooper hates traitors and loves Elara)

15. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Now this is fun - you can play as TYTH on Iokath (in daily missions)

As others have said both Lana and Theron are loyal to the Alliance (even if they are still more or less biased towards the Empire or the Republic).

My JK joined the Sith Empire for more "drama". Still, he was not happy with Acina and her "crush these republic dogs" attitude (to be honest Malcolm's attitude towards Imperials is not much better).

16. Counter

Mar 3, 2017
    I'm guessing the traitor is Sane-Rae, Malgus (back from the dead), or some new character. Any of the three could work--depends on the execution.

Sadly, my faith in the team over there has been pretty well shaken.

17. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    The first look at ESNE:
    [​IMG]

Counter likes this.
  18. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    AIVELA and the place where we will be fightning both mashine gods:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some upcoming cartel market items:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Counter likes this.
  19. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Objectives from Umbara flashpoint (named "Crisis on Umbara"):

• 1: 0
      • 1: Travel to Umbara
      • 1: Travel to the Front of the Train
      • 1: Find a Way to Bypass the Missing Train Car
      • 1: Use the Passcode on the Console to Activate the Grapple Point
      • 1: Use the Grapple to Pass the Missing Train Car
      • 1: Continue to the Front of the Train
      • 1: Defeat the mechanic and shadow assassin
      • 1: Contront the Traitor in the Cockpit
      • 1: Follow Theron Through the Wreckage
      • 1: Collect Kyber Crystals in the Wreckage
      • 1: Continue Following Theron Through the Wreckage
      • 1: Defeat the Rancor
      • 1: Follow Theron Through the Wreckage
      • 1: Find a Way to Bypass the Wreckage
      • 1: Use Missile Launcher to Bypass Wreckage
      • 1: Continue Following Theron Through the Wreckage
      • 1: Defeat the Umbaran Tank

Also - new stronghold on Manaan is hinted in files (plc.​stronghold.​manaan.​door.​door_exit)

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well that's sneaky. Are we to take it that the named NPC is not the traitor, or are we chasing them as we follow them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  21. Counter

Mar 3, 2017
    The Umbara flashpoint is honestly the last straw for me. If they can deliver solid content and story that makes sense within the larger narrative, then I'll stick with SWTOR. If not, it's time for me to move on.

That stated, the leaked files above look promising. And a Manaan stronghold would be fantastic.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Manaan stonghold preview:

Slowpokeking, Revanfan1 and Counter like this.
  23. Counter

Mar 3, 2017
    Yes--I will be purchasing that stronghold for sure!

RafSwi7 likes this.
  24. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    The new update (5.2.2), which is coming in June will give us the opportunity to customize Theron’s outfit.

They are also trying to make it possible to have weapons as a part of our outfits (TBD).

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Counter

Mar 3, 2017
    Saw that--all exciting changes. If the Umbara flashpoint is well made, the Gods of the Machine op keeps going smoothly with the new bosses, and they can fix some bugs every update or so, I'll be feeling better about the direction of the game. The Manaan stronghold is just great though---really excited about that.

I've heard we're getting a Zakuul stronghold too.

RafSwi7 likes this.