main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Well we know

is humanoid with a touch of the melodramatic. Have we seen that skull before? (also when does this drop?)

2. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Cartel Market item released around the time of the Oricon update.
    [​IMG]

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

interesting, does that mean a dread connection?

4. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    I doubt. The helmet is called "Trophy Hunter's Mask" and it seems it has no connection to the Dread Masters. Most probably, it has been chosen for more aesthetic reasons.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

...well.

Rules out Jadus or Malgus both (wrong body type). Very interesting design.

6. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Could it be Kephess?

Also, are the Nathema Zealots Sith?

7. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Way too small to be Kephess.

And no, I don't think the Zealots are Sith; they're sort of their own "religion" founded by Valkorion and conditioned to be immune to the Force void on Nathema.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Kephess was ordinary size before he was turned into a big lizard by the Dread Masters, maybe there are ways to reverse it.

Or maybe it's Darth Revan again?

9. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    About the traitor...
    The true traitor or triple agent, I am pretty sure that we will have an option to kill Theron at some point in the future. I also suspect that one day we will have such an option but with Satele. Huh, we will be able to wipe out Revan's line...
    It might be a brand new faction. They are calling themselves "the Order" and if their goals align with Theron's, they want to enforce some kind of galactic peace by removing all major forces in the galaxy. Oh, and they like to wear skulls as their masks.

Who knows, maybe HE is their leader.

Nope. They are Force Sensitives with no free will, totally bound to Valkorion. They are just a slaves to his will, unable to function beyond Nathema and its Void.

10. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

OF COURSE!
    It all makes sense now, the convoluted schemes, the stuff that makes no sense all of it.

We even got a magic sword recently

BY THE POWER OF THE GRAYFORCE! I HAVE THE POWER!

Is that all of Revan's line. I mean it was 300 years between games so I am sure his kid would have more then just one kid at a time

So wait is that Theron in the pic?

I hope all the powers decline (and you get to kill the Chancellor)

RafSwi7 likes this.
  11. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Okay.
    I registered for a free trial again (I forgot my old login). If I like it I may buy a non recurring membership later.
    But my new login is Saburniois. not Saburnios. But Saburniois with iois instead of ios. Because apparently every login name that makes sense is already taken. Someone else already took Darth_Mu, DarthMu, Mutryles, mutrylesm etc.

12. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    All of the simple and relatively simple and not that simple log-in names were taken long ago, especially once the game went free-to-play.

About that speculation-
    Did we ever find out what happened to Satele's mother? I think the SWTOR encyclopedia mentioned something cryptic about her disappearing or going off to some planet. Would be ironic if SWTOR started out with killing off Revan in a mere flashpoint, then killed him again in a expansion, and now post-KotET the MMO will wipe out Revan's entire line... only to have a scene with the line "There is another". :yoda: .... :p

Unless Revan really is back again, so third time is the charm and this time Revan will finally shuffle off the mortal plane. Or be stuck in a holocron and kept on display in your stronghold. Either or. [face_whistling]

Yeah, I expect we'll have a chance to kill Theron later, which means that even if we don't kill him, he'll just disappear, never to be heard from again. Which leaves Lana as pretty much the only continuous KotFE romance, unfortunately (not like any of the returning companions get much beyond a line or two, and every other option can be killed off so Bioware doesn't bother with them much).

The new content will be out tomorrow, but my sub's already expired and I'll probably wait until the next event to bother to resub. I just hope the story sounds more tolerable/interesting by then.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  13. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    According to datamined info in update 5.6 we will visit the planet called...

...Copero, which is the planet of the Chiss Ascendancy in the Unknown Regions.

darklordoftech, Revanfan1 and AusStig like this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ooooooooooh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RafSwi7 likes this.
  15. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

TAKE MY MONEY!

RafSwi7 likes this.
  16. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Codex entries from Umbara:
    Umbara

Located in the Ghost Nebula, Umbara earned the name "Shadow World" for its eternal darkness and misty landscape. In isolation from the rest of the galaxy, Umbara's population developed engineering feats far outstripping those in known space. Most notable is Umbara's research into technological uses for Adegan crystals.

Though offworlders have no issue breathing the planet's dense atmosphere, native Umbarans' delicate systems require special helmets in order to breathe. Preferring solitude and secrecy, Umbarans rarely leave their dark homeworld, opting to isolate themselves from the rest of Republic space. This, alongside their stealth combat proficiency and natural preference for darkness, led offworlders to dub Umbarans "Shadow People."

State of the Galaxy - Resource War

Even before the Eternal Empire's reign, the war between the Republic and Sith Empire created a constant strain on resources. Vital raw materials from planets on both sides were often shipped to the military for use in the war, creating scarcity on Republic and Imperial worlds.

When both factions fell to the Eternal Empire, what little raw materials and supplies they'd managed to save were forfeited to the Eternal Fleet. Conquered worlds suffered a major resource crisis and resorted to heavy rationing. In extreme cases, like Tatooine, civilian vehicles were confiscated for scrap, and residents were limited to a single government-issued ration bar per day.

After the Eternal Empire's defeat, many hoped for an improvement in the availability of resources. However, what little the newly freed planets had left was needed to repair the damage caused by the devastating war. Those hit hardest by the Eternal Fleet, such as Voss, struggled to survive amidst the wreckage of their crops and manufacturing facilities. For both the Empire and Republic, hope lies in what little they can secure from neutral worlds discovered during the war.

Theron Shan - Evolution of a Traitor

During his time in the Republic SIS, Theron Shan threw himself into the eternal fight for peace. He placed his faith in the Republic to push back the Sith Empire and restore freedom to an oppressed galaxy. That faith was shattered when the Republic bowed to the Eternal Empire's conquest. His trust shaken, he instead turned to the Alliance and its commander to become the peaceful superpower the galaxy desperately needed.

When the Alliance Commander took the Eternal Throne, the wars didn't cease. New challengers rose to claim power for themselves. Desperate to heal the wounded galaxy, Shan realized the only way to stop the fighting was to eliminate the source: the Alliance, and its commander.

AusStig likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I did point out that we are representing a very small group of people and worlds proportionally to the Empire and Republic; the Alliance attempting to enforce a peace, whether as a light or dark sider is the bad guy narratively.

I'm very glad someone has woke up and realised that we don't have the right to do this. We may have the responsibility, perhaps, but when we have a smoking gun to everyone's heads - a gun we violently wrestled from the Valkorion family - it's a bad position to work from; we've perpetuated the belief that violence solves problems.

Presently we're trying to end the war by beating the stuffing out of everyone; we don't have much choice, as we're being attacked all over the place, but we're not ending the cycle.

The Eternal Alliance is simply not going to last and it shouldn't.

We're simply too busy playing God to notice what's happened.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Question, since I'm just mildly following this for the story and not a player: how canon is TOR right now? Because that's different than the old EU explanation:

In the old EU, the helmets contained gas that made them more aggressive. It wasn't a matter of environmental survival so much as for battle.

I double-checked it on the Wook just to make sure I wasn't misremembering that, and it seems that the TOR explanation is taking the Wook's explanation under the new canon tab, which could be an Occam's Razer explanation but isn't confirmed anywhere itself.

In other words, this almost looks like TOR took a Wookieepedia explanation that wasn't confirmed and made it canon.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I dunno but I think I've starting to lose interest on this game again due to the playerbase drop, need to take a long break after finish 5.4's new content.

20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

It is 3,000 years different, so Umbaran's can change (GM type stuff) in that time

RafSwi7 likes this.
  21. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

I mean, I see your point, but on the other hand the Eternal Alliance basically pulled a Rebel Alliance, with Zakuul being the Galactic Empire. So on the one hand, the Alliance has the right to enforce peace within Wild Space, but yeah, on the other hand, trying to force their laws on the Republic and Sith Empire too is literally what Arcann did while the Outlander was in carbonite, so...yeah, not much changed. Which I'm honestly not a huge fan of, though I understand the purpose of taking over the Throne (if we hadn't, the Eternal Fleet would've continued a swath of destruction across the galaxy). Most of our characters (sans, perhaps, the Inquisitor) have never shown any kind of desire to rule...anything.

RafSwi7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Counterpoint: The Republic and Sith MADE it their problem by making it clear they would attack them if the Alliance didn't choose a side.

RafSwi7, Sinrebirth and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

True. Particularly since Iokath was in Alliance territory and both the Republic and Empire willfully invaded Iokath in an attempt to steal a super-weapon that nobody really even understood yet–and then sent a mediator (Quinn from the Empire and Dorne from the Republic) to negotiate with the Alliance Commander, but with at least one of the two (Quinn) ordered to assassinate said Commander if they chose the other side. So yeah. I'd say the Republic and Empire pretty much made it clear how they feel about the Alliance.

RafSwi7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  24. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    It's probably unintentional but the Outlander is basically Revan if he's a Jedi Knight OR a Sith.

He forms an army of soldiers to defeat a threat to their home nation, gets the loyalty of said soldiers, and then gets backstabbed by their governments so they go on to conquer it.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Arguably, the Eternal Alliance was founded by defectors from the Republic and Empire. If they don't return to their own factions once the Eternal Empire is defeated, they are being treasonous. It's very hard for the Republic and Empire to acknowledge or legitimise the Eternal Alliance without validating secession. The two of them are forced to act against the Eternal Alliance or acknowledge that such acts are acceptable.

It's almost as if the Alliance against the Eternal Empire is purely treated as an internal affair, and the Alliance simply inherits the hostilities in place. The point where the Outlander and their allies were detached from the Republic and Empire is likely when they turned to fight the Eternal Empire rather than keep to their prior loyalties. In many ways the rebellion of Malgus, the Dread War and Revan's return was nothing more than the creation of a third faction.

It would be as if the Resistance took Starkiller base from the First Order but didn't hand it over to the New Republic.

RafSwi7 likes this.