main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

So I know a little about Bothawui, but what was planned with Ossus?

2. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011

Sith Warrior vs Gnost-Dural

kalzeth likes this.
  3. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Ah ok, I knew that was happening didn't know it was in Ossus

Major shame it was cut

RafSwi7 and kalzeth like this.
  4. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Ossus and Talravin were not a big areas to explore, but rather missions similar to attacking Dromund Kaas in the Jedi Knight's chapter 3 finale.

Yeah, they should at least continue class stories, like they did in Shadow of Revan. One new class mission is still better than none.

BTW it seems that the scrapped expansion included the ideas of same gender romances and choosing between your old love interests and the new ones. I have looked on the scrapped Jedi Knight class story and there was new romancable character (I don't know if it was a new companion she was stationed on your ship, like diplomats in JC class story) named Doctor Kantos. At the end of the story you would have to choose between her (if romanced) or Doc/Kira.

AusStig and kalzeth like this.
  5. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Now that sounds really fun, ugh such a shame :(

Any more info on the other classes?

kalzeth likes this.
  6. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    If you are asking about the other romance options from scrapped expansion, well I have checked the JC storyline and there is no sight of it (a lot of dialogue is missing). There was Darth Kallomena - she joins JC late on Bothawui and was very important in the scrapped JC story, so I guess she might have been an option later in the storyline.

Unsurprisingly, smuggler had many [flirt] options with:
    • Frisk - IDK who exactly he/she was (officer, soldier or thechnician). Flirt option.
    • Trawlurr - Bothan I think, flirt option for female smugglers. Quite important character on Bothawui. Apparently female smugglers would have been able to "dine" (read: have sex) with him.
    • Master Sumalee - Togruta Jedi Master from Smuggler storyline. Apparently male smuggler would have been able to sleep with her at some point. It also seems that she and Risha had a thing going for a while when they were young.
    Trooper: Jonas Balkar - Human male SIS agent from trooper story. Flirt options for female troopers.

Sith Warrior: Servant Twelve - female Pureblood Sith. Flirt option for male warriors.

There might have been more. There is a lot of missing dialogues. Republic characters have some dialogues from Bothawui and "Open Worlds" missions but no dialogues from Sleheyron or Yavin. Agent, Inquisitor and Bount Hunter classes are missing most of their conversations (probably all). Warrior has some dialogues from Ziost and "Open Worlds" missions.

AusStig, Nobody145 and kalzeth like this.
  7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Thanks for the info. A lot of this scrapped content sounds really interesting. The original eight class stories are still the best part of this game, its just really unfortunate that that game design wasn't sustainable. I had hoped they could at least have something like the Rishi story missions, just a little bit of individual flavor for each of the classes, but instead they went in the opposite direction.

RafSwi7 and AusStig like this.
  8. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Haha trust the smuggler. Too bad we can't see the agent, bet they would give the smuggler a run haha

yeah it's a real shame.

Maybe they could have made the class stories mico-transactions to keep it profitable. You only pay for the classes you want (or sub to get them all for a discount) while there is an ongoing 'world story' about the war, that is the main 'meat' of the expansions.

RafSwi7 and kalzeth like this.
  9. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

I think that the idea of paid class stories would have only result in the great outrage among the player base.

10. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Oh yeah. People would have been pissed and complained endlessly

But they would still have paid.

And it would have been interesting to see which classes people choose.

kalzeth likes this.
  11. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Datamined info implies...

...romancable Arcann in future

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Why?

Just why? He is a mass murderer who glassed planets? Why does he get a romance (he can also be dead so yeah) and why doesn't the Empress?

13. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

For years, a lot of players have been asking for romancable male force user, so I guess they will have one soon.

Why Arcann? Probably because he was KotFE/KotET poster boy, who right now can be one of your companions.

Still be aware that, it's still too early to be 100% sure, that Arcann will be romancable in the future. There was new (still empty) conversation named "arcann_romance_begin" and currently it is the only evidence.

Hard to predict what they are planning for Acina in the future

14. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

oh yeah he would be the first wouldn't he.

Eh I guess so.

Well since you can kill her :mad:I hope lots more haha

RafSwi7 likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I forget - do you have to kill Vaylin? You could romance her no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Vaylin always dies at the end of KotET.

17. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Nope she dead as dead no matter what

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sad times. Irredeemable perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RafSwi7 likes this.
  19. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    About the romance part.

Why not Lord Scourge for the romance?
    Many players are asking to have Scourge as an romanceable option.
    In KOTET that you can kill Arcann and instead have Lord Scourge.

What is the point to have Arcann but okay try it?
    There were an flirt option for Senya then it was no more with her but she can possible also be romance.

In the future

Master Ranos maybe romance
    Darth Hexid maybe romance
    Empress Acina flirt and maybe romance
    Jace Malcolm flirt and maybe romance
    Darth Jadus maybe romance
    Darth Marr dead but he could be a romance
    Darth Malgus maybe romance
    Satele Shan flirt and maybe romance
    General Garza maybe romance
    Keeper maybe romance
    Darth Vowrawn maybe romance

What do you think?

20. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    I forgot that maybe more romance with Watcher 2 if she return.

Shae Vizla maybe romance

No romance for Keeper the Agent story that he have a wife.

21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I like the fact they made it so the beautiful but broken woman isn't the one redeemed but the seemingly awful evil warlord.

RafSwi7 and AusStig like this.
  22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    • Lord Scourge romance - it can work, there are people who would like it to happen. I guess it might be possible with Scourge as central "hero" of the expansion. Still, the chances are a little slim, since there were no new romance options for returning (previously non-romancable) companions.
    • Senya romance - probably will not happen, flirt option at best.
    • Master Ranos romance - she is "event" companion with little to no ties to the story. I doubt she will receive any more updates.
    • Darth Hexid romance - the same case as Ranos. Currently she is not even obtainable.
    • Empress Acina romance - I would like this to happen, but we don't know what are BioWare's plans for her. To be honest we don't know what are her true motives (especially, if the rumors about her and Arcann were true).
    • Jace Malcolm romance - I would say it is less likely than Acina.
    • Darth Jadus romance - Unllikely, even if he had returned.
    • Darth Marr romance - :eek:
    • Darth Malgus romance - still dead as far as I am aware.
    • Satele Shan romance - flirt option at best.
    • General Garza romance - very unlikely.
    • Darth Vowrawn romance - it is very likely he will return, but I doubt he will be romancable or even flirtable.
    • Shae Vizla romance - probably the same reason as for Ranos and Hexid. I am little afraid, that she will have no more story development since she is now preorder bonus.
    • Watcher 2 romance - I would like this to happen, but she would have to return first (it may never happen).
    I think it is more likely that there will be completely new romancable companions in the future.

AusStig likes this.
  23. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    It would be good to see Scourge again, maybe have him trying to get the Emperor power (romance would be fun)

And Watcher 2 could help Lana run intelligence

24. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    It really depends on how you write the romance. Most of them would work out with good writing other than a few Sith.

25. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Information about the roadmap and Update 5.5