main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Yeah, but there is a reason to join them or die. You were originally a part of them, so was your infrastructure. A great portion of your people ARE Republic/Sith personnel. They are, in essence, defectors to a successor of the Eternal Empire. I agree though, a Light Side Sith (or a Sith in general) would have much less need to be loyal to the Sith Empire. The Eternal Alliance is basically their shot at the 'Sith Empire but done right this time'. Meanwhile an Agent would surrender the fleet to the Sith, or destroy it. The Jedi Knight would also probably want to put it all to rest, same with the Trooper. It's why I think we should've gotten multiple campaigns for all the classes because the whole Eternal Empire arc has/had a lot of potential.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    [​IMG]

On a more serious note both the Empire and Republic SURRENDERED to the Eternal Empire so by your logic, if they were the successor of the Alliance then they would also be in open revolt and breaking their treaty with the Eternal Empire.

Both launch UNPROVOKED attacks on the Alliance and attempt to acquire a weapon of genocide.

They also ARE willing to align with it.

3. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Actually the Empire was (depending on your choices) already allied with the, um Alliance and the Republic lunched the attack upon Lana.

So the only aggressor I see here is the Republic, following on form Suresh's attempt to have me killed.

Does anyone know the numbers of people who sided with the Empire/Republic during the choice?

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The Alliance went to all the trouble of liberating the galaxy and the Republic pretty much backstabbed it because it's all racist against the Sith.

RACIST.

AGAINST THE REDS (Sith).

AND THE BLUES (Chiss)!

AusStig likes this.
  5. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Copero Short Story Blog
    I like all of them. I think that the main difference between them is that the oldest three are more focused on action, when the newest ones want to tell some story.

AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Some one remind me when Copero releases?

As to the videos, Deceived then KotFE, as Valkorion narrating is all kinds of wrongsexy. Yes I said that. Then Return, then Hope, then KotFE. Though my daughter is curious about the latter one until it goes stir crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RafSwi7 likes this.
  7. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    It will be released November 28.

NAHUT in-game.
    [​IMG]

AusStig likes this.
  8. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    They use the Eternal Throne and the Eternal Fleet, both of those are the essence of the Eternal Empire. They even use the same moniker 'Eternal', it's clear what the meaning is. And the way I see it, they just wanted to break off from the dominance of the Eternal Empire-now-Alliance. If all the old structures of the Eternal Empire were buried as well as their knowledge by the anti-EE Alliance instead of just reformed with them in charge, it's unlikely they'd have brought up any weapon of genocide. I mean, the Republic and Sith would've continued the war for sure, but it'd be on the scale as before, and it'd probably be paused with no looming threat and with the need to rebuilt their militaries, so I expect the war would've gone Cold again.

On that note, what do you all think is the future of the Eternal Alliance? If we assume SWTOR is still following Legends to a T, then I expect it's going to be dissolved at some point? Maybe Theron succeeds? I assume he's working for the Order of Zildrog out of a need for allies against the EA rather than any kind of loyalty, but we'll see. Were there any references to the Eternal Empire in Legends (or even Nu Canon) in material aside from SWTOR?

AusStig likes this.
  9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I would like to see the next 'reset' (like fallen empire) could be a new dark age with both the Republic and Empire reduced to a hand full of worlds and your characters trying to help one side or just playing both (I think the next few things will focus on Empire vs Republic a little more) or trying to help both restore order after the Alliance falls

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I think the most likely "canon" answer (which is irrelevant anyway) is the Eternal Alliance joins the Republic or Empire and lasts until either the Sith Empire collapses in a few centuries or the Republic.

Voltron64 likes this.
  11. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    I think that the Eternal Alliance will dissolve. The Alliance, the Sith Empire and the Republic will split into smaller independent territories.

All these big states are in dire need of resources and are not able to properly sustain themselves. Most of the galaxy also suffers from the political instability. Leaders die like flies and there is a problem of many unresolved territorial disputes. This might lead to the rise of the separatists movements. We might have suppressed some uprisings but it is definitely not good for our image as the peacemaker. The conflict will escalate.

I doubt that the Order will make things better since they might be worshipping the Great Serpent.

It seems, that the galaxy is in need of the another Star Forge, one that would be capable to "produce" resources (what happened to the Foundry?).
    I don't think that there are any references to the Eternal Empire in Legends. Zakuul has appeared in SWTOR after Disney announced the split between the old canon and the new one. I don't think we will hear or read about the Eternal Empire in the future Star Wars books or games because there are no new (or ongoing) Legends series (except for SWTOR).

AusStig likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well we know the Chiss go their own way and the Unknown Regions are again by the time of the Dark Age. I assume the Empire collapses and the Alliance disintegrated when there was no peace to keep.

13. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

I hope we get to see this happen, as we fight to save as many people as we can

though I also hope they will port it to console so maybe I am crazy.

I think the Gods are connected to the Eternal Fleet and once we defeat the last of them the fleet will just shut down and not be able to be reactivated

RafSwi7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  14. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Random Aside but Havoc123, you've mentioned a few times the Agent would give over the fleet to the Empire but....isn't that against the theme of his campaign?

Literally, the entire Agent storyline is how blind loyalty to the Sith is stupid and the Sith are utterly incapable of managing resources like the Codex.

Havoc123 likes this.
  15. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    I was thinking more of, handing the fleet over to the military sectors, perhaps even spearheading a coup against the Sith. The Imperial Agent in original advertisements was to be 'half Tarkin half James Bond', so this could very well have been the Tarkin portion of the Agent.

Also on the note of Republic/Sith losing power as well, haven't the Republic and Sith been losing worlds all over? My impression is that Republic authority is limited to the Core Worlds and Inner Rim and Sith authority mostly being the Eastern Outer Rim, centered around Dromund Kaas and the rest of traditional Sith Space.

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Sith also have a chunk of territory to the south Rim, including Eriadu, Sullust, Druckenwell, Sluis Van, Bothawui Rattatak, Hoth, and Lannik.

I generally consider that they have two chunks of territory connected by Hutt Space but also including a narrow band along the Mid Rim - it punches through the Inner Rim near Mimban but peters out by Kuat/Balmorra.

If not for the alliances with the Hutts, Killiks, Chiss and Mandalorians, I suspect the Empire would be out of the war.

As you say the Republic has been driven back to the Core and Inner Rim, but the Empire’s territory in the Unknown Regions has been usurped by the Eternal Empire.

AusStig and Havoc123 like this.
  17. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm wondering, with the recent news that the MMO 'Marvel Heroes' has gotten closed down by Disney--there is no danger of this happening to the Old Republic? I hope this game keeps going...

18. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    I assume the Eternal Alliance would've succeeded the Empire in much of its control, except probably with better PR and letting some worlds go.

Not until the deal for the game runs out, which ends in 2023 if I'm not wrong?

19. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    I don't know. I feel, that TOR is a little too old right now to port it to consoles. It should have been released on consoles at the very beginning of its "life".
    From what I have read, it seems that its developer had a lot of internal problems. Still, it is quite sudden because the game lasted only 4 years and apparently the game had a little update in October.
    You are correct. EA deal with Disney will expire in 2023 but TOR might last a little longer than that (as long as it is profitable).

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I played Marvel Heroes and enjoyed it a great deal. :(

As for The Old Republic, porting it to Xbox One and Playstation might be a bit old but it's an entirely new audience and they did Star Trek Online this year.

AusStig likes this.
  21. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Yeah get that.

But I feel if they do another soft reboot like Fallen Empire, that would be a good time do a massive 'relaunch' for consoles and get more interest in it.

I mean it has loot boxes what more could EA want?

22. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    If one of the two new announcements (new trilogy and live action tv series) ends up being set in the Old Republic TOR could be shut down then or may be forced to completely reboot.

23. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Not if they set it in the Great War or KotoR (unless they change things massively) swtor would be a good advertisement scheme for a new TOR project

kalzeth and Sinrebirth like this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It’d likely cover the Sith Empire from Canon, the one which predated Bane and took Coruscant.

Which is fine - more than fine, as we’re more at less getting to the point where the Sith War lasted from 5,000 to 1,000 BBY...

... retcon the Paecian Empire into a Sith one , and you’re done, more or less.

AusStig, Revanfan1 and kalzeth like this.
  25. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think this new boss looks like a transformer.