main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Well-geared? You can solo story-mode 50s. I've even heard of people at level 50 who, with well-geared companions, could solo it. At 55, it'd be a breeze. A hard mode 50? Maybe not; you might not be able to kill the bosses before they enrage.

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I just meant story.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010

With the proper gear, yes. But that assumes that your companion has the proper gear as well.

EDIT: I saw you meant just story. Then, yeah. No problems at all outside of not being able to do Colicoid War Games.

4. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Galactic Starfighter is available for Preferred Members now or whatever it's called, meaning if you have a F2P account and at one time spent money on the game, either having subscribed for just a month or bought cartel coins or whatever, you can access it. And today's patch added four new starfighters: two new gunships for each faction.

5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    The Rakghoul event also just started up yesterday, now its on Alderaan. Though they've reorganized it so that its more like the Gree event now (reputation, dailies, an ops boss, etc.). Now, time to start stocking up on those black-green crystals.

6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That cave on Alderaan is seriously creepy. When those rakghouls jump on you and start biting your neck it's simultaneously hilarious and run-for-your-life worthy. Oh, and in House Organa/Thul when those random infected things drop out of nowhere and charge you? That's almost as scary as the Mk. 1 dark troopers charging you in Dark Forces! [face_laugh]

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    What do you think about the canon race/gender of the 8 PC characters?

I think
    Jedi Knight: Human Male, not sure about others since I don't play republic

Sith Warrior: Human/Pureblood Male
    Sith Inquisitor: Twil'ek Female
    Imperial Agent: Chiss Female
    Bounty Hunter: Human Female

8. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I have a personal theory on the Inquisitor. At the beginning of the story, Overseer Harkun calls Acolyte Ffon "true Sith strength" (talking about lineage) which rules the Inquisitor out of being a Sith Pureblood. Then at the end of the story, the Inquisitor is given a seat on the Dark Council. In Annihilation, Darth Karrid is the first alien (non-human, non-Sith) on the Dark Council. Therefore the Inquisitor is a human.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    But Twil'ek Sith Sorcerer is so cool! We got enough human sith already.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How do she go through normal doors?

11. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Well your life is your life. I don't expect you to change just because of what I say.

12. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    They make Sith doors extra wide for those kind of shoulder pads. After all, how else could someone like Darth Baras have gotten around? I think he turned into a meme at one point on the official swtor boards.

I'd lean towards the Inquisitor being human or a pureblood as well. Forgot about that bit about Karrid. Also, being descended from Kallig probably means human or Sith pureblood. Although we never see Kallig's face, but based on how Sith politics usually went, probably one of those two. Though never saw any Sith slaves, but based on how far the family fell after Kallig's death, it could be possible, maybe.

Also, rakghouls were always annoying, but they've reached a new level with this event. Most of them aren't that tough, but when they all have two or three stuns or knockbacks it gets extremely annoying. Then again, that's how most recent fights are padded out- stuns, knockbacks, etc.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    If you play non human/pureblood character, it will be mentioned that Kalig was a rare race ancient Sith as well.

14. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    If the Jedi Academy Trilogy gets decanonized, maybe Exar's spirit gets destroyed and/or escapes in TOR!

15. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    They could always go the Star Wars Galaxies route and have people fit Exar Kun cultists and stuff. Personally, I wanted Yavin IV introduced possibly as a Flashpoint where players find Massassi still alive and fighting them. The TOR timeline video I think indicate the Massassi and even Sadow's spirit being alive.

Zorrixor and purplerain like this.
  16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I kept expecting a Flashpoint on Yavin my entire playthrough after that Timeline video, as it seemed like a sure setup.

Alas. [face_sigh]

Cronal and purplerain like this.
  17. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Wasn't it a rumor that Yavin 4 was going to appear in future content that was revealed through data mining? Along with Bothawui and Ziost?

purplerain likes this.
  18. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Datamining used to reveal several possibilities but most seemed to turn out to be just rumors or have been abandoned. I thought there had been rumors about Rakata Prime, but nothing came of that. And early SWTOR material is full of stuff that looked like it would lead to something but never did (I thought losing Bothawui had been mentioned as one of the worst parts of the Treaty of Coruscant, but I don't think we've even seen any Bothans in game yet). The Timelines especially seemed to hint at a lot, but nothing really came of a lot of it (unfortunately).

Most new content is either Cartel Market recolors, a new daily area every now and then, redone older content (HM flashpoints and Nightmare Ops) and some PVP stuff (Galactic Starfighter and arenas). And the occasional new Flashpoint, such as the Czerka ones and the upcoming Kuat one, though the Kuat one is related to the Starfighter stuff too.

We had Makeb last year, they're calling Starfighter the next "expansion", so not sure if we'll ever see something like Yavin. It would be great, but that depends on if they come up with something more substantial rather than a standalone story (Makeb, most of the flashpoints, etc.). Kuat is at least from Eu material, but most of the recent stuff hasn't been (a random Czerka moon, a random darkside moon, etc.).

At least the Rakghoul event was sort of fun and simple and helped me level up some of my lower level characters quite a bit. Though I still wish they would have another double XP event soon.

19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    It seems like since the layoffs and F2P switch they've mostly abandoned the story angle that they trumpeted before release and are mostly doing repeatable content, with all their events being stuff that can repeat and their new content being dailies areas.

20. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

The Republic Admiral at the end.

21. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    [​IMG]

I tried to make my Guardian look like Obi-Wan from Obsession
    [​IMG]

I think he looks more like a poor man's Revan though, mainly because I opted for darker robes and a purple lightsaber.

Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  22. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Me and my big mouth. :p Thanks for the info, gotta get around to playing that part when its officially released then. So wonder how long until they start charging for a Bothan species option. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I wonder if Obi-Wan was intentionally channeling his inner Revan there or if he just got lucky? Also, that is an awesome look on your Knight. Is that the new Extrovert mask, or whatever it's called? I have it on my Sith and I'd love to unlock it via collections but since that requires the whole set, it's not worth the 500k that the hideous skimped-out chestpiece costs on the GTN.

[​IMG]

Sith or stripper? You decide. :rolleyes:

24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I didn't try to unlock it but that is lame if it requires all the pieces.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    It does, and yes, it is lame. :p