main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Pretty exciting, but I have to admit my optimism about the future of the game with new story content has been tempered since they've mostly been rolling out non-story content with the only major expansion being the Rise of the Hutt Cartels, which was produced prior to the layoffs a few years ago. The flashpoints on Tython and Korriban are very exciting though.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The Tython/Korriban flashpoints have potential. Or should I say "Moriband" flashpoint. ;)

In any case, good that we're getting back to the Republic/Empire war; the Dread Masters and Hutts were nice diversions, but it's time to get back to the war at hand.

purplerain likes this.
  3. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    According to leaks we will have (apart from Tython/Korriban) Manaan and Rakata Prime flashpoints where Theron and Revan will show up.

http://i.imgur.com/d4QqeQu.jpg

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Now that gets me excited.

I am hoping the story of the Emperor's survival also plays into this.

5. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I have to assume that Revan and the Emperor have a special connection and Revan will figure into his demise.

And the JK needs to kill his original body unless Scourge is bad at prophesying.

Zorrixor, purplerain and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Sacrifice himself to kill the Emperor for good? It would be a great way to tie up his story and a satisfying way to see my hero killed off. The Foundry was just...unsatisfactory. After all that happened in KOTOR, the idea of him going insane and genocidal all over again is kind of insulting. Maybe when he flashed out of the Foundry he meditated himself back to sanity and he's back to help the new heroes of the Republic stop the Emperor once and for all. I still want that meeting between him and Satele to be depicted in canon, BTW.

Zorrixor and purplerain like this.
  7. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'd say that is Update 2.8 - The Biggest Update yet?

Zorrixor and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I've respecced my tank JK to DPS -- I've been trying both talent trees -- and I'm still using HK-51 as my companion since he's simply the best geared with his default gear, but now I'm looking to outfit a tank companion to go with my DPS build, and I'm torn between T7 and Scourge.

I haven't really done any companion stuff with either, but I'm honestly not sure how I should even gear my guys. I've noticed some droid part schematics at the classic comm vendors at Black Hole and Section X, should I look to buy that stuff on GTN since I'm not a cybertech crafter for T7? The only real way I know to get good gear solo is through planetary commendations that I exchanged at the Makeb comm vendor.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, if you're gearing T7 then the GTN is about the only way to go. If you're gearing Scourge than there are a few different ways to gear him: the Makeb commendation vendor you mentioned, or doing dailies on CZ-198/Oricon until you have enough Basic Commendations to buy the higher-rated gear from the vendors there.

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, they said they're going for two expansions this year, just like in 2013- something like Rise of the Hutt Cartel and one Starfighter-size expansion. So not sure if 2.8 or 3.0 will count as the next expansion. Though at the rate they're going, they should hit 3.0 by... October or November (unless they go into 2.11, but they'll probably try for another big shakeup before then). It would be nice to see Theron in person or Revan again. Freeing Revan from Maelstrom was somewhat cool... the Foundry was insulting to his character (though his reference to Malak was kind of nice).

Might be nice to see Jonas Balkar again if they use SIS more and Theron shows up. He's been mentioned in some of the documents (such as how the Republic found Oricon). But that assumes they use Satele Shan and Jace Malcolm for anything other than just as quest givers.

With the Kuat flashpoint, hopefully they'll get back to the actual war as well as any changes after Makeb rather than just fighting random third parties. Well, seeing more ancient Rakata stuff might be interesting. Eternity Vault was pretty much the only thing before everything else became related to the Dread Masters in one way or another.

Just to mention, if you start outfitting orange shells on both your player character and companion, droid gear is a bit different. For instance, if you take an armor piece from a glove that you bought with comms, it can only go into another glove- and droid gear doesn't fall into any of the normal categories so only unbound stuff can fit into it (like all the stuff you can get from the Makeb vendor).

But for daily stuff regular droid gear should be fine. Although with Scourge, you could just give him all your old tank gear too (or use his tank gear if you respec back into tank), whereas with T7 you can't do that.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. karilyan

karilyan Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2014
    Was there any mention if Leeland Chee vets the lore stuff in the game?

12. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    What happened to the female bounty hunter in the trailers? Her name is Shae Vizla right?

13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Never actually shows up in the game and no mention of what happens to her after the Temple raid either.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Wasn't she malgus's wife who he kills?

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    No, Malgus' wife was the blue Twi'lek woman in the Deceived trailer. Anyway, don't think I've heard anything about Vizla ever since. Not even sure she's ever even mentioned again, unless its in some PVP Codex or something like that. The Mando faction in general is kind of underwhelming in-game anyway. Too bad Nico Okaar didn't get much screen time either, but then he only showed up in one trailer.

In theory TOR canon shouldn't be affected by sequel trilogy stuff, given the huge time gap, but you never know what idiotic ideas they'll come up with (Sith are actually flying pink unicorns! or something like that) and force the rest of the EU to just follow along and try to make the best of it.

16. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I recently delved into Final Fantasy XI so I have a teeny bit of experience in MMOs now..

When I first loaded up TOR back in 2012 it was just overwhelming seeing all these buttons and interface and didn't seem very fun so I quit after like 3 hours.

I'll have to give it another go sometime.

VanishingReality likes this.
  17. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    It would explain things at least.

18. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    DigitalMessiah likes this.
  19. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I wonder who the ancients are.

20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    [​IMG]

Wonder if it's a hoax?

21. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    And a background is from "Deceived" cover art..

If it's not a hoax, I guess it's an update 2.8. They said it is going to be the biggest update up to this point. Since we are going to have Rakata Prime flashpoint maybe these ancients are Rakata...

purplerain likes this.
  22. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    That image is from The Lost Suns comic issue #2 cover

23. Jerran Tankarri

Jerran Tankarri Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2013

Thats REALLY exciting. Holy crap. Do you know if Revan or Theron will show up in the Tython/Korriban FPs?

24. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I'm a fan of video games with large interactive open worlds that you can explore with lots of storyline's to discover. But I am not a fan of paying monthly fees for games after I already bought it from the store. That's why I'll just stick with Elder Scrolls when it comes to open ended worlds with a huge amount of content to explore. Elder Scrolls is a single player game but gives you many of the benefits that an MMO does (aside from of course interacting with other human players).

25. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Awesome that you felt the need to let everyone know that. TOR's free to play, you know.

BoromirsFan likes this.