main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    so maybe it's Elcho Kressh

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, that idea sounds ludicrous.

Ulicus , Zorrixor and purplerain like this.
  3. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    If only Ludo Kressh wasn't killed off in Fall of the Sith Empire. He then would fit the amulet Dark Lord perfectly. Then again, I guess Ludo could have faked his death again in Fall of the Sith Empire.

I also wish that the Sith Emperor was Ludo, Marka, or Naga.

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Or Simus?

purplerain likes this.
  5. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I think it's bizarre that we know all kinds of trivial Sith info yet we don't know what's up with the amulets.

6. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'll only be happy if they use IDENTICAL soundsets to the ones from KotOR.

Revanfan1, Dante1120 and Starkeiller like this.
  8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Huh, nice reference to how Threepio was on Cloud City, although having the droid head on the front is kind of creepy.

Hm, I forget if the Selkath voice was different in game from KotOR or not. Not a huge difference, but I haven't played Manaan on KotOR for a long time. It'll be nice to see more Selkath, I've seen a few in playthroughs here and there (a Selkath NPC is a recurring character in the Consular storyline for instance), wonder if they're going to be digging up the Star Map or something else Rakatan if there's a new flashpoint on Manaan.

9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Did they sound like: "GkrssssshaharaACK KrarssssehehHash"?

Accept no imitations.

Havac , Revanfan1 and Zorrixor like this.
  10. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    A little detail of Manaan language: It only has five different sentences. The meaning of the words is found from the way they touch or not touch their chin balls.

Revan of course spoke their language perfectly but historians blush every time they are asked how.

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That... is so wrong... on so many levels. [face_rofl]

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    He has a droid head strapped to his chest.

LOWBACCA REFERENCE! LOWBACCA REFERENCE! LOWBACCA REFERENCE!

[​IMG]

LOWBACCA REFERENCE!

[​IMG]

13. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I believe that there's a "Darth faction", which is dominated by Vitiate in the TOR era and the Banites during their existence, and an "anti-Darth faction", which is usually dominated by Marka Ragnos. I believe that this is why Exar Kun hates the Empire so much.

14. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    During my search for new leaks/data I've stumbled upon Community Cantina Q&A summary from January and I've found something interesting. Somebody asked about direction of future story. One part of the answer caught my eye:

Well, IMHO it pretty much confirms that Forged Alliances (Tython/Korriban, Manaan and Rakata Prime flashpoints) will directly lead to the story expansion.

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, the main question is when that story will conclude or lead into something else or whatever. The Dread Masters storyline is finally over with (I think? I don't get much chance to play ops and I don't care enough to watch the youtube videos of the boss fights and cutscenes, though I probably should someday) so now there will be something else sooner or later.

They've said the 2.8 update in June will be big, but they haven't said its an expansion yet, and a full expansion will probably mean changing to 3.0. Well, they've already mentioned 2.8 so they're almost 3.0 anyway.

Wonder if they'll bother to have any announcements for E3- SWTOR used to be big enough, but now they might just be mentioned during EA's show. It'll be interesting to see how the flashpoints will lead into something else, as 2.7 just started the storyline for something and there's still a lot of mysteries. Hopefully if its the storyline of an expansion, it'll be an interesting one and won't be quite as standalone as Makeb's was (go in, rescue people, defeat Hutts, gain resources, that's it).

Zorrixor likes this.
  16. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm hoping to see the Sith Emperor's true body.

Zorrixor likes this.
  17. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Another storyline expansion that dealt with the Emperor would definitely be good, yeah.

Although I hated Blizzard killing off Arthas when it happened, and felt they did it far too soon, blah, blah, I actually finally played through Icecrown earlier this year, and realised it was actually done tastefully and I've now changed my mind, and feel it was good they did that back when the story was still something people cared about, as I've found that lots of people these days might still play WoW, but never played WC3, and so didn't ever really know who Arthas was.

Which is something that's struck me about Vitiate: I'd rather they deal with him while I still give a kriff. (And given I've never cared all that much, it means I really hope they do it sooner than later, as if they put it off again, I'm going to completely cease to care anymore.) Ever since the Free to Play, the Disney takeover and LucasArts becoming more and more of a disaster area, I've been rather worried about TOR ever finishing the storyline, so the sooner they do it, the better.

purplerain likes this.
  18. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    I have read the most of conversations from Bothawui (Republic side) - the only one the dataminer has shared. Conclusions (unless BioWare scrapped this planet, this is an obvious spoiler):

- There is no mention about "Forged Alliances" storyline (no Theron, Lana, Korriban/Tython etc.)

- There are only conversation nodes from Bothawui world arc, so it is impossible to predict overall story on the planet at the moment.

- Makeb and class stories are mentioned.

- The Emperor is still belived to be dead.

- Satele lifted the Council's ban on romantic relationships.

- It seems that Consular class story resolves around Rakata artifact and Torwin Vehl - young (still a boy) wannabe sith with little strenght in the Force who is able to give the others Force-sensitivity. He in fact is making an army of Force-sensitive animals (like Force-sensitive kath hounds). There is also a mention of "the Shrouded Ones" who or which "were built to be the end of everything" and are "a solution, to our [probably Rakata IDK] empire's final problem".

- About Jedi Knight - I am not able to predict much of the story from conversations. It looks like that our main antagonist on Bothawui will be Colonel Berlo Harlight nicknamed "the Blight" who is Imperial "efficiency" expert (the guy is obsessed with numbers). There is a mention of Darth Legius who apparently player has meet on Talravin (that is odd). His apprentice Lord Votari is Praetor to the Army of the Dark Council (the Dark Council has its own army?).

- Trooper story is pretty simple. Havoc Squad will provide help to Bothan resistance and will take part in the liberation of Bothawui from Imperial forces.

- Smuggler will deal with the Womp Gang - a criminal gang which come to possess a superdreadnought (the dreadnought previously belonged to a Hutt named Barabbula).

Source: https://swtor_miner.s3.amazonaws.com/2.6/searchOutput-cnv.exp.01.bothawui.xml

Revanfan1 and Zorrixor like this.
  19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Interesting... I love how it talks about class stories, and really hope this is true. It'd be so nice to return to those. :)

Satele lifting the ban on relationships, yay! [face_love]

Torwin Vehl... curious. So, he's weak in the Force himself, but those around him become Force-sensitive? That's... very interesting. Very oldschool and WEG-like. I like it. :)

The Shrouded Ones... solution to the Rakata's final problem... ooooh... I wonder what that refers to? EU junkies might think the Kwa or Celestials, but I dunno if that's something pure TOR players would be familiar with or not...? I know there was the Gree instance, but... don't know if the Kwa get mentioned much in the context of Tython or not...? (Of course, they were originally going to do those Timeline Videos that went as far back as the Force Wars, and I've always wondered if Dawn of the Jedi was based off TOR's original plans, so...) Very interesting indeed... [face_thinking]

Talravin? Bastila's homeworld? Wow, cool namedrop! :D

20. Scrubbed

Scrubbed Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    Without lots of Retcon's I can't see a future for the Empire without the Emperor and I don't think the game would survive long after it either.

Perhaps it is just me but most of my characters hate 1/2 or more of their crew and go for the funniest line or the one that provides the most profit via affection or ls/ds points. Having no viable enemy will just make the situation worse.

21. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

It looks like it is more than just a namedrop. Lord Votari says that the Hero of Tython met Darth Legius on Talravin.

But like Telos it could be one of ships name.

22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Is the Emperor the character most pure gamers are bothered by, though...?

We care because we played KOTOR and wanted KOTOR3 and the fate of Revan or the conclusion to the novel's ending, etc, etc. But lots of the people I've played with are teenagers who never even played "those old games" (similar to my example about how I've met more WoW players who haven't played WC3 than I find who did). So is the Emperor's death something that bothers them...? Do they care about this nobody they don't even really know...? Or would they rather invade Dromund Kaas, raid the capital, and take out Darth Marr (or vice versa, invade Coruscant and axe the Chancellor?).

23. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I still kind of hate WoW for totally ruining the Warcraft setting.

I was looking forward to Arthas' defeat coming in WCIV. :(

24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Satele lifts the romantic-attachments ban? Yay, my Knight can finally come clean about marrying Kira! [face_love]

25. Scrubbed

Scrubbed Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    The Empire lacks numbers and resources. Aside from the Emperor the Sith Empire is at a disadvantage or will shortly be at a disadvantage barring utterly massive Republic incompetence in virtually every category (Massive Incompetence the Republic typically demonstrates isn't enough). Even with the Emperor the Sith are likely a lost cause and without him...

Then there's the power problem. As a Sith, why should I bow to Marr or anyone else in the long term.

Plus, does Marr or Saresh really have that much recognition from the other side yet? ( Plus the BH already kinda did the whole kill the .. thing already) Are either even mentioned more than a couple times by either side before level 50?