main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    About 3.0 details:

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

Telling Theron go get out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Scrubbed

Scrubbed Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    I've only seen the cut scenes so far, but how on earth does one survive the interaction at the end it seems like it would be rather lethal. In addition, why on earth does the Empire put out a bounty? After all, the majority of the council members ascended by murders.

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh hell yes, THIS is what I wanted from TOR from Day 1. That music... [face_love]

I might have to finally get back into the game.

That video has now left me praying they let us JOIN him. To hell with another Dread Lords storyline, give us a twist, and let this set the stage for the grand finale, with us joining Revan, becoming his top Apprentice/General/Assassin (delete as appropriate), and taking the war to the real Emperor in the final act.

We had a big war against a mutual antagonist last time... this time they have the chance to pull a switch at the end of the next expansion and have us become Revan's army.

Darth_Garak likes this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Not just murder, but usually also schemes to get away with it unless it's a Kaggath. Especially Darth Marr is now in control, he's quite against power struggle.

6. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    revan what have they done to you :(

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Actually I'm thinking that Theron shouldn't have problem to stay in the Republic. He has a Supreme Commander daddy and a Jedi Grandmaster mommy. Unless, Satele Shan is with her ancestor?

8. Scrubbed

Feb 1, 2006
    The problem with that is Marr is mildly competent. I'd assume any investigation would set off alarm bells. So, you are saying person x killed person y. You most likely have no body. You also have massive damage from capital ship fire to explain. Then, you need to explain how on earth you know she did it. Then you also have to obscure the fact that several other major imperial personages were in the area and hope they don't mention it. I mean how do you think it will go for the person that says the Emperor's Wrath, a sitting Dark Council member, and Cipher Nine is lying.

9. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Nah Darth Revan is cool and we never even saw him until now.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Obviously some of the Revanites are still in the empire. They mostly did the job to frame on her, maybe worked with some of her enemies. The thing is that Lana had no powerhouse to support her, nor does she have much value in other Sith' eyes. Even Darth Marr would not spend too much effort to defend her.

If you do the quest, you will have the option to ask her to help clean her name, but she said no because she didn't want you to be related to her because it would give your enemy chance to frame you as well. She also wanted to totally expose the Revanites' plan then clean her name.

11. Scrubbed

Feb 1, 2006
    Doesn't that make it a more interesting case if that is true? If someone with no power base that is a nobody kills a Dark Councilor that person is a very interesting person or the person talking to me is lying.

That doesn't mean the Revanites know she will say that or know that the player has no choice but to go along with it.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It doesn't matter much to other Sith, as long as they could get some benefit from it, it's fine to frame on her. Even Darth Marr doesn't care too much about morality and justice, but the empire's strength and stability.

Remember to others, Emperor's Wrath/Bounty Champion/Dark Council member/Cipher 9 are quite cold and ruthless individuals, they probably don't think we will risk ourselves to help her at all. There is also an option saying "You are usless to me now" during the conversation, of course I didn't pick it.

13. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Now I know how Darth Malak felt. Yesh, what does it take to kill this guy.

Vthuil likes this.
  14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Will Satele Shan finally become useful and get some development through the xpc about her ancestor?

15. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    This user has what you're looking for and with no comments: https://www.youtube.com/user/FluffyNinjaLlama/playlists

anguirus2003 and Zorrixor like this.
  16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Ooooooh, that dude's YouTube channel is awesome!! Thank you! :D

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    This is a letter my agent receive after the event, another letter is about Tarsten(he briefly showed up in 2.7) said he will hunt down Lana with all the cost.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But who is this guy? The Shade? Darth Jadus(didn't seem like him at all)?

18. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Well, "the old man" is probably the old Keeper and "the Sith friend" is Lana.

This is an interesting mail (Sith Inquisitor):
    A moon? I think it may be Yavin IV. One who is not one? Emperor? Revan? no idea....

19. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    I'd say it looks like The Shroud again, but all the previous e-mails from him were signed. It looks like the senders hasn't even met the Cipher in person yet.

20. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    He can't be The Shroud because I did not make his questline and I too have got this message. He must be someone from IA storyline.

21. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005

You're welcome. He also updates often so when new stuff comes out it doesn't take to long until it's there.

Zorrixor likes this.
  22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Jadus' minions?

23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Did the Flashpoint today.

-I'd be interested to know if Revan is still being voiced by Jeff Bennett. At times it sounded just like him, and at others I wasn't so sure. However, given that he's wearing a mask that's distorting his voice, it could make him sound somewhat different. He also sounded different in the Foundry before he took off his mask there. In any case, if it's not Bennett, then it's the world's best Bennett impersonator.

-So there's a bounty out on Lana's head, Theron's been branded a rogue agent, and Jakarro has twelve death marks. Clearly there are some very high-placed Revanites in both governments. It's an almost Captain America: Winter Soldier scenario, with an "evil" (though I hesitate to use that word because it seems that Revan at least does want to stop the Emperor, which is not at all evil, even if his means aren't the best) organization infiltrating some legitimate groups.

-Overall I think this plotline has been really well done; they really waited for just the right moment to introduce Theron into the story, and Lana has become a very interesting character. I'm eager to find out more about her, even though I'm playing this Republic-side.

-BTW, this is the easiest Flashpoint since the Esseles, IMO.

Can't wait for them to continue this plot!

Zorrixor likes this.
  24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    The question is who could cause Theron to run away on the pub side? He has a Supreme Commander dad and a Jedi Grand Master mom.

Unless Satele Shan herself is a Revanite?

Zorrixor and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Someone in SIS planted evidence that Theron was a rogue agent and had betrayed the Republic. That could've tied Jace and Satele's hands pretty nicely.

Now that'd be a twist.