main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Part of me half wonders if they're going to do that after all.

I mean, wasn't the Emperor meant to be "recovering" or something after his defeat? And we know Revan vanished too... so it wouldn't be impossible for them to tie the two together, and say the Emperor's spirit anchored onto a weakened Revan, dominated him, and decided "frack the empire" and to go it alone on his galactic apocalypse crusade.

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    My BH mentioned it when Lana spoke about Star Forge.

3. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A bit old but still fun
    [​IMG]

5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    So Darth Revan has returned.

6. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Gosh, I remember all the speculation before the TOR beta. All the slow release of information and lore. All sounded a lot more interesting back then... not so much now.

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Not much of a trailer, I think Dulfy's comments were funny (look at how Revan's decorated his Stronghold). Just what looks like Revan drawing his lightsaber and that's it. Here's hoping for some actual news soon.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    :eek:

...nightmares. I'm gonna have nightmares...

*shudder*

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do it effect my Inquisitor storyline if I betray or stay with the Revanites or do I just get experience and items?

Were is that from?

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
  12. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    No It's just like any other side mission. Like helping that Jedi escape Korriban.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks.

I find that a bit disappointing actually, it would be nice if some of the side missions affected the main story or created new storylines. Like if I truly joined the Revanites I would get new quests on other planets that dealt with finding lost knowledge regarding Revan or protecting the Revanites and maybe the possibility to learn some “lightside” powers since the order believe in both light and dark.

14. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    I wonder, what if Revan made the pact with one of the ancient Sith spirits like Naga Sadow (it was implied that they do not support Vitiate). In teaser trailer you can see spears which look like the ones used by Massassi warriors in one of the TOR timelines so we will most likely visit Yavin IV. Maybe he is possesed by ancient Sith spirit like Eison Gynt?

Zorrixor and darklordoftech like this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love this idea beyond words. The Massassi warriors and, to a lesser extent, the ancient Sith spirits have long been the subject of many a fanboy dream (for me). I hunger for lore about these topics and was dissappointed about the lack of such lore in TOR. If we finally get a visit to Yavin, :) :) :) :) :) :).

Zorrixor

Cronal likes this.
  16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I. Love. That. Idea. [face_love][face_love][face_love]

Revan aligning with Naga Sadow and the anti-Vitiate Sith spirits like Exar Kun before him would please me beyond words.

Cronal, Gamiel, Vthuil and 1 other person like this.
  17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I was always so annoyed they never followed up on that bit from the Galactic Timeline about how the ancient Sith spirits aligned themselves with the Kun line of Sith instead of Vitiate's Empire. It'd be amazing if it finally comes back now.

Zorrixor and darklordoftech like this.
  18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Is there any explanation as to why Vitiate and his Empire stayed isolated from the galaxy from the end of the Great Hyperspace War until after the Great Sith War?

19. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Weren't they mostly building up their military forces?

20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, it took them who-knows-how-many years to find Dromund Kaas in the first place, countless more to clear out the jungles enough to build the Dark Temple, and even more to build Kaas City. And if you consider that once Revan and Malak arrived, Kaas City was fully built...well, it's not hard to imagine why Vitiate's Sith weren't on the scene for those events.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I still find it coincidential that the Great Sith War happened at the same time that Vitiate finished doing all that.

22. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    It's hardly the last time things in the GFFA happened on an curiously convenient millennial timescale. As I've said before, one thing I hope the new canon does is lose that, though I have a feeling it won't.

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Here's a theory that I came up with: the Great Sith War created a grudge between the Mandos and the Republic. Seeing that he could exploit this grudge, Vitiate decided, "It's time to strike."

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Works for me

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    My understanding is that the True Sith simply just waited and built their strength for a galactic scale invasion. Plus, it would take that many years to get some sleeper agents in place and help weaken the Republic through corruption, sabotage and other similar strategies.