main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Agreed. Honestly the only shame is that this is the story the Foundry should have been in the first place.

It's taken a long time to get it, but at least we're finally getting some decent closure of a sort.

2. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The big question is, did Revan split pre or post The Foundry ?

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Probably post, as it sounds like his "death" was the trigger.

4. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    I think it is more or less a result of changes within BioWare (we must remember that TOR has a new lead writer) which it seems had changed a direction of storyline. If you follow datamined information
    - Revan was originally going to die (You could have looted his body and trivia - he had green lightsaber in Beta)
    - Makeb was originally the hutt homeworld of Varl as part of content patch. (Originally patch 1.4 - we got it in 2.0 in expansion)
    - I think that Rakata Prime was a part of Dread Masters storyline. (Originally patch 1.5 - we got it in 2.10 as part of the Forged Alliances)
    - Possible expansion with Ziost (appeared in Annihilation novel), Bothawui (appeared in TOR: Timeline), Sleheyron (cut planet from KoTOR) and Yavin IV (appeared in TOR: Timeline) was probably scrapped (with class stories). (Files with them were leaked with patch 2.0)
    - There are also files for Talravin (Bastila's homeworld). (Leaked around patches 2.7-2.8)

It seems that Yavin IV, Rakata Prime and Makeb (Varl) has been salvaged and I would not be surprised to see some other planets resurfacing in future content. Personally I would like to see Ziost and Talravin the most.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    It seems that there was a big press conference about Shadow of Revan and the future of TOR - main points:
    • Charles Boyd (Lead Writer) has a badass beard.
    • Reporters will be able to play part of the expansion in November.
    • Expansion focus (and future roadmap focus) came from looking at what the players / community wanted. 2 things that they want the most:
      • More in-depth stories - Added a small bit of class stories to this expansion and stepped up their game for the expansion's story and the Forged Alliances story. More heavily story-based content likely to come in the future.
      • Single Player KOTOR 3 - The class stories (and sidequests) through 50 + Forged Alliances + Shadow of Revan + future stories will make up a KOTOR 3 feel that will be soloable for players.
    • Ohlen says that next year is going to be such an exciting time for STAR WARS fans, and Episode VII is only part of that. "KOTOR fans will have something coming down the pipeline. 'They're going to be surprised and they're going to love the news that comes out in the future, and I can't wait to talk about it.'
    • "Players won't be sure who they can trust."
    • "The new Flashpoints that come with Shadow of Revan will be soloable, as well". No plans for other FPs to be soloable.
    • Alex Freed's return is only temporary at this time: just to write the new class story missions.
    • SWTOR 4.0 confirmed (or at least they are already planning the story of it.)
    • Revan was also chosen so that the villain would have some history before the expansion, not just a random villain (kind of like Toborro and the Arbiter in RotHC.) "I think it's important to note that while he is the big-bad of this," Boyd said, "it's not because he's randomly nefariously evil or something. There is a lot of depth to it in the storyline. I think once people play through it, they will understand why we chose Revan to play this role in the story."
    • They "really wanted to tell the last chapter of the Revan story"
    • SWTOR is part of the EA & Disney/LucasFilm contract: it will keep going for a long time. "We’re now in a kicking-off point;" not ending the game.
    • More locations to visit in 3.0 than just the 2 planets.
    • Shroud confirmed again to not be "directly involved" in 3.0.
    • Revan won't be the only threat to both the Republic and Empire in 3.0.
    • Exar Kun killed all the Massassi natives, so how are they alive now? See the story of SoR.
    • Crafting update with "additional options" in the current roadmap. (Not in 3.0, specifics will come later.)
    • Togruta would be the next playable race and it would be a Cartel Market purchase.
    Sources: 1, 2, 3.

Let the Speculation Begin! Something for KoTOR fans next year? New KoTOR game? KoTOR movie? KoTOR remake?

6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Ooh, neat. I was wondering if that would be addressed.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Same here. Hopefully they'll also address how Naga Sadow's spirit is still around after Freedon Nadd destroyed it.

8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    So I'm playing through KOTOR2 now. Is the new anouncement saying that the new release will allow me to play TOR from the beginning as a single player, and be able to experience the story that way? Because I would be far more likely to play the game solo than to go the forced-multi route.

9. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Weren't some Massassi still alive when Luke fought Exar Kun's spirit?

"Players won't be sure who they can trust."

So Theron and Lana might betray us?

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    nope

11. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kalgrath

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    with the exception of the Night Beast, of course

13. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    What do you think about "something and surprising big for KoTOR fans next year"? New game, movie or some kind of KoTOR remake (with new content and better graphics)?

14. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    There's been a trend in recent years to re-release old games, often with the graphics improved a little, so I wouldn't be hugely shocked if they did that for KOTOR.

(And if they did that, maybe they'd re-release a finished version of KOTOR2 afterward...)

15. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    So new class stories? That's cool; hoplefully any level 55 can complete them regardless of having high level gear. Same goes for the soloable flashpoints. Speaking of those, so not just the forged alliance ones, but also the two new ones can be done alone? If trye , that's pretty cool.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "We want a single player KOTOR 3!"

"Well you can have this other stuff that we consider to be equivalent!"

"..."
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

Zorrixor and spicer like this.
  17. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004

Vthuil likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Ziost?

Zorrixor likes this.
  19. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

They said that there will be one new class mission in expansion (for each class) and that Forged Alliances + Bloodhunt + Battle of Rishi will have solo versions.

At least they try, right? Haha!

This "more than the 2 planets" is odd, becouse all official information says that we will visit Rishi and Yavin IV (and there are also no leaks about another locations). IMHO probably one of the flashpoints will take place on "new" planet (but I would not mind being wrong).

20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So will you also be able to solo the final? I'm really worried about not being able to see Revan's final fate because it's in an Op.

21. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

There was no official word on this yet but leaked information indicates that there will be some kind of solo version. I will try to reach Charles Boyd on Twitter and ask him about it.

Zorrixor and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Hey, I got an old question. Did they just destroy the Temple of the Ancients on Rakata Prime/Lehon? Isn't that place supposed to be standing still when Darth Bane came along?

23. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, they... ruin it, but you never see if the whole thing is reduced to a pile of slag, and from memory, I don't recall if it was in perfect condition when Bane toppled it either.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Yeah, from what I can see on youtube videos most explosions and escapes in this game happen off screen. It goes straight from "We got to get out of here, its going to blow" to sitting around going "phew that was a close on". Then again they seem to happen so often I could understand them not wanting to make an individual cutscene for each one.

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It definitely wasn't.