main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. RavagerFish

RavagerFish Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2011
    The codex entry in its entirety:

"No society is devoid of the potential for raucous dissent from its people, and tightly controlled populations are the most prone to opposition being expressed through horrific acts of violence. Through the centuries, Ziost has been the focus of many attempts at bloody revolution. Though no uprising has been successful to date, their cost in lives, property and stability have taken a toll on the one-time Sith capital. The most recent revolt came in the form of vicious attacks from the Ziost Liberation Front, a group of guerrilla fighters officially recognized by the Sith Empire as a terrorist organization. The ZLF did not discern between military and civilian targets in their desperate campaign to overthrow the Empire, making the group feared even by those they claimed to be fighting for. They were eventually snuffed out, but not before causing severe damage to New Adasta's infrastructure. As a result of the ZLF's actions, the Empire has taken considerable steps to ensure they can obstruct the acts of a hostile populace in New Adasta with ease and haste, should the need arise."

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder who's in charge of the Ziost Liberation Front. What if they're led by the spirit of Naga Sadow?

3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder what planet the larger Emperor update will be on.

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Nathema?

Zorrixor and darklordoftech like this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Nathema is definitely where the final battle against Vitiate should be.

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    We also might get new areas on Dromund Kaas.

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    As someone who loves rain, I was dissappointed by its faintness on Dromund Kaas.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    So if Lana was in charge of the Intelligence, what happened to Jadus if you
    joined him? He seems to know the Emperor's plan.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    With all this talk of Sith helmets, maybe Vitiate will obtain a headpiece for himself on Ziost, and it provide the power he needs to complete his remaking of the universe?

He could obtain the Sith Sorcerer's hat maybe.

[​IMG]

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I think they should let Jadus appear in the Emperor's line otherwise it's a waste.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    where?
    along with some pincerbugs

12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    darklordoftech I was just referring to people chatting about Hord and Revan's helmets the other day.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Zorrixor This is an interesting comparison:

[​IMG]

I wonder if Ragnos's headpiece had something to do with his return during the Sith Holocaust.

14. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    One of those is Dromund Kaas... what's the second? Or am I just forgetting it changing in the game sometime?

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Neither of them are Dromund Kaas. Both are Ziost.

16. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh, cool, so the temple looks more or less the same as the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas (albeit it's probably just laziness from using the same model again, but I like the aesthetic, and it's nice to see it again).

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I like it too. I was also suggesting that
    Vitiate performs a ritual on Ziost.

18. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    That would be nice, and given the presence of these Jedi dudes it feels feasible.

I saw someone compare them to the Covenant, I think? It'd actually be neat if it was the group that Lucien set up. TOR's referenced the comics a few times, Carrick Station, etc, so it'd be awesome if they actually featured Lucien's Jedi fulfilling their mission (even if they just end up getting wiped out, at least it'd mean Lucien was right and that he did the best he could).

19. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    About "the Sixth Line":
    "There is no contemplation, there is only duty." It is a declaration more in line with a rank-and-file soldier than a Jedi, and yet it is a guiding principle of the squad known as the Sixth Line. Their commander, Master Surro, is said to have made the phrase her personal mantra as she waged war against the Empire on the front lines of Balmorra, where her unwavering resolve to accomplish whatever her commanding officers asked of her set her apart from other Jedi. Details of the formation of the Sixth Line and how they came to work with SIS Agent Theron Shan are sparse. Scattered reports in recent years do suggest that a group of "Jedi commandos" have been involved in raids and strikes not officially sanctioned by the Republic, though the validity of such reportage is typically seen as unreliable.

20. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Looks like this was the inspiration.

[​IMG]

The main difference comes down to using the same model, which probably was just laziness.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    With the slowing down of TFA rumors and scarcity of NEU content, this patch is much needed.

22. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  23. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Revanfan1 and Vthuil like this.
  24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I think it's stupid to give some Jedi/pub characters "awesome bloodline/parents", you don't need it to make characters cool.

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I rather enjoyed that. Bioware has always loooooved their daddy issues in characters, so it's nice to see that coming from the other side as well.

Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.