main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013

Uhm I'm not caught up with the game or follow it with detail. (I just don't have time to play or look it up) Can you guys explain this whole asset salvaging thing? I mean Bothawui was the site of the galaxies toughest battles so naturally I'm curious.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    what the timeline videos implied: an awesome expansion of Star Wars lore

what we got: a generic MMO that has very little to do with the timeline videos

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Why didn't Darth Nox use Force Walk on Revan?

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    To let him get to the other side!

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Did you just...

Turn Revan...

Into a chicken joke?

Sent from the World

6. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Datamined info shows us that at some point of post SWTOR release, there must have been a big shift of storyline direction. Rakata Prime for example was supposed to be a part of Dread Masters storyline (which was bigger than just Oricon). They later reused the planet for "Forged Alliances" storyline. Same thing with Ziost, Yavin IV and Bothawui. These planets were probably a part of story expansion but the expansion itself was scrapped. They later reused Yavin IV for "Shadow of Revan" expansion and Ziost for "Rise of the Emperor" update. Planet Rishi from "Shadow of Revan" was supposedly made of Bothawui assets (models, textures of trees etc.).

Darthmaul208 and darklordoftech like this.
  7. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Double post.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You've established that Rakata Prime was supposed to part of the Dread Masters storyline and that Yavin was supposed to be the Sith Empire vs. the spirit of Naga Sadow. What was Ziost supposed to be about?

9. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

Most probably it was a "starting" planet for Imperials in storyline which supposed to culminate on Yavin IV.

Ziost (Empire)/Bothawui (Republic) => Sleheyron => Yavin IV

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I half get it. So originally they were going to have a bigger expansion and then it was scrapped. Odd because the development has seemed off.

11. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

Sounds cool, I wonder what the plot was, any info on that?

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Main bedroom done a few days ago
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The balcony still require some construction

[​IMG]

But wait, I got THIS big cannon today, cost me 4m but the biggest piece is done!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

There were layoffs few months after SWTOR went online. It probably affected its development.

I know only that this storyline was FULL continuation of class stories. It also mentioned Makeb storyline and it might have end up on Yavin IV where we would have fought Naga Sadow.

Republic class stories from Bothawui and some class missions names from Ziost/Bothawui. This is not new info.
    - It seems that Consular class story would have resolved around Rakata artifact and Torwin Vehl - young (still a boy) wannabe sith with little strenght in the Force who is able to give the others Force-sensitivity. He in fact he was supposed to makean army of Force-sensitive animals (like Force-sensitive kath hounds). There is also a mention of "the Shrouded Ones" who or which "were built to be the end of everything" and are "a solution, to our [probably Rakata IDK] empire's final problem".

- About Jedi Knight - I am not able to predict much of the story from conversations. It looks like that our main antagonist on Bothawui would be Colonel Berlo Harlight nicknamed "the Blight" who is Imperial "efficiency" expert (the guy is obsessed with numbers). There is a mention of Darth Legius who apparently player would have meet on Talravin (that is odd). His apprentice Lord Votari was Praetor to the Army of the Dark Council (the Dark Council has its own army?).

- Trooper story is pretty simple. Havoc Squad would have provided help to Bothan resistance and take part in the liberation of Bothawui from Imperial forces.

- Smuggler was supposed to deal with the Womp Gang - a criminal gang which come to possess a superdreadnought (the dreadnought previously belonged to a Hutt named Barabbula).

[​IMG][​IMG]

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    :)

15. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Woo looks good.

Did they have as clear a view of the empire?

16. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Have you got the source? The imperial guy sounds just like the Villain from A New Dawn. Copying Rot worms!

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Bioware really should have let Darth Nox have an option to eat Revan's ghost.

18. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I assume they still wanted Revan's ghost to be able to be used in future stories if they decide to have him play a part in Vitiate's final end.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, it would have been nice to have had the dialogue option-- but when the Inquisitor tried, Revan have been strong enough to resist the attempt.

19. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Ok, I have checked this for you. I did not found any conversations but I found very incomplete quest objectives (you can guess a storyline from them) :
    Sith Warrior:
    • Armageddon Approaches - Defeat Jedi Captors and Defeat Knight Keedon Riv
    • The Fires of Ziost - Go to Darth Vowrawn's Estate, Speak to Moff Dogal, Fire the Planetary Defense Missiles, Re-take Ion Cannons, Defeat the Holed Up Jedi, Speak to Captain Phenter, Return to Darth Vowrawn's Estate.
    • The Hunt Begins - Travel to Ziost, Speak to Colonel Kandro, Defend Outpost Fury, Destory the Republic Siege Weapons, Plant the 4 Explosives, Speak to Zujan Vale.
    • Voice in the Darkness - Enter the Emperor's Temple.
    Sith Inquisitor:
    • A Warm Welcome - Take a Shuttle to Your Estate, Talk to the Sith Lord, Defeat Imperial Troops, Speak to Orrin Kam, Stop Data Transfer, Regroup With Orrin Kam.
    • Convergence - Find a Building to Destroy, Weaken Building Supports, Bring Down a Building, Defeat Jedi Master Teek, Defeat Padawan Nya, Speak to Jedi Master Teek, Speak to Darth Marr.
    • Lost Army - Meet With Darth Ravage, Locate the Missing Troops, Speak to Lord Carnum, Defeat Lord Carnum and his guards, Meet With Moff Pyron.
    • The Emperor's Tower - Find a Way in the Tower, Confront to Colonel Barda, Defeat Colonel Barda, Disable the Towers Defences.
    Imperial Agent:
    • The Betrayer's Spymaster - Defeat Darth Malgus' Forces, Defeat Malgus Agent Leader, Speak to Colonel Niar, Investigate Terminals, Travel to Safehouse in New Adasta.
    • The Grandfather of Terror - Speak to Colonel Niar, Board Shuttle to Ziost, Scan Location, Travel to Zone 23, Defeat Oona Redd, Find Professor Redd's Bunker.
    • The Hidden War - Defeat Darth Malgus' Agents, Defeat Bounty Hunters, Speak to Ocean, Bring Ocean to the Escape Shuttle.
    • The Secret Compact - Travel to the Sith Fortress, Search a Sith Apprentice's Body, Loot Sith Apprentice's Hand From Sith Monster, Download Information, Defeat Sith Experiment (Information), Speak to Oona Redd.
    Bounty Hunter:
    • All or Nothing - Locate Zedania, Defeat Ambush.
    • Biding Time - Check in with the Customs Officer, Speak to Zedania, Recover Demolition Charges, Disable Crawlers, Siege Weapons and Shuttles, Defeat Base Commander, Call Brand on Holo.
    • Poised to Strike - Go to Zedania's Estate, Speak to Zedania, Defeat Enemies at Landing Site 1, Plant the Landing Beacon, Defeat Republic Ambushers, Defeat Attacking Republic Forces, Return to Zedania.
    • Set the Sky on Fire - Take Down the Security Field, Confront Composer, Defeat The Composer, Defeat the Black Bayonets, Reprogram the Orbital Defences, Return to Zedania's Estate.
    As for the "Shrouded Ones" this is interesting:
    "You'd better. Torwin knows nothing of training or discipline. If he wakes the Shrouded Ones, we'll go the way of the Rakata."
    "We hid them. If our empire was threatened, our people would sleep in stasis, while the Shrouded Ones ravaged our enemies. That time has come!"
    "The stone we were broken upon was called Natukar. An anvil where the Shrouded Ones were hammered out, with Esh-kha blood."
    Ha! If anything it must have been developed around late 2012/early 2013.

Source for Bothawui: https://swtor_miner.s3.amazonaws.com/2.6/searchOutput-cnv.exp.01.bothawui.xml

AND WHOA ! YAVIN IV AND SADOW!

To Face a Dark Lord - Enter the Antechambers of Naga Shadow's Temple, Enter the Inner Santum of Naga Sadow's Temple, Enter Naga Sadow's Chambers, Speak to Naga Sadow, Defeat Massassi Waves, Speak to Massassi Abomination, Escape Naga Sadow's Temple.

The Cursed Legacy of Naga Sadow - Break the Seal at the Daragon Shrinem , Break the Seal at the Monument of Ludo Kressh, Break the Seal at the Massassi Worship Circle, Break the Seal at the Jen'ari Beacon, Defeat Cedral Gend's Ambush.

The Ritual of Naga Sadow - missing objectives.
    A little shame that they had scrapped this.

AusStig, Zorrixor and darklordoftech like this.
  20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh my. It's names and labels. Has someone sorted it out? Is that what the .bik file is? Exactly with the dates the storygroup just went " we will have that. Miller use this as a villain" interesting though the dialogue.

21. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Thanks, yeah it looked really good.

Will wait till the current story is done before making a judgement.

22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Thank you for the datamined information. I think most people playing the game would have enjoyed more class story, especially since many stories just ended on a high point (the Inquisitor getting a seat on the Dark Council for instance) but not getting a chance afterward to show off their power. Makeb was basically just a secret mission, although the class missions on Rishi were appreciated. Though it also makes it easier to write around story options (like a darkside Consular doesn't make it onto the Jedi Council I think?).

Yeah, a lot of things changed from when the game launched to now. Bothawui sure sounded like it would be a big thing in-game, it was mentioned pre-launch quite a bit (Battle of Bothawui, think the Treaty of Coruscant), but they had bigger problems than just new content after the game officially launched (I still remember how empty Quesh felt). Hopefully by now the game has stabilized (the current storyline seems to be moving along at a steady pace), but they'll probably never reach the heights of the initial eight class stories again.

They're starting to tease June 15's announcement again, hopefully it will be exciting.

Darthmaul208 and darklordoftech like this.
  23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Balcony DONE! The house is pretty much done other than a few bedrooms.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RafSwi7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  24. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I wish we'd get some sort of reference to the ghost thing.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012