main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*The Oldbies Writing Guild*~ *2001 and Before*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Miana Kenobi, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, my mom has her Master's thesis due tomorrow, so weekend has been slightly weird.

2. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Name: ThatJediGirl (or Anna)

When did you join Fan Fiction and why?: March 11, 2001. I joined because I found a story at FFN written by, I believe, Anakin's Angel and it was called Prelude To A Kiss. The sequel, Anulekha, was to be posted here.

Favorite characters to write: Padme

Favorite classic JC story: LadyKenobi's Hanging By A Moment, or maybe Glad Is June's Count The Cost, What If Anakin met Natalie Portman by a person I cannot remember, Anakins Angel's A Thousand Rainy Days

Favorite old writer (as in no longer active on the boards): Glad Is June, Anakin's Angel, McCord, HannahBates

First story, post date, and your thoughts on it now: The Meaning Of Love, sometime in August 2001. That story may very well be the worst thing I have ever written.

Reason for sticking around?: Actually, I haven't stuck around. About two years ago, I became really fed up with the popularity contest running rampant around this place, so I left. I now enjoy the Harry Potter fandom.

3. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Welcome, ThatJediGirl, to the madness that is the Oldbies Guild! ;) I know how you feel about the popularity contest. I seem to alternate between spending a lot of time on the boards and no time at all because I alternately get fed up or miss writing.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    ANNA! HI!! How have you been? I haven't talked to you in what seems like forever! :D

5. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Lol! Hello, Miana!

Yes, it has been a long time since I've talked with any of my old internet Star Wars buddies. I've been good, well, I've been as good as good can be for the present day. I'm on my second snow day, tomorrow is conferences, and I don't have to go to school Friday because I'm watching a friend compete in the state finals. Ah, the life of a senior, how I have matured ;)

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Shakes fist at you people and your snow* :p

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Heeeey, I remember you. You were one of the ones crazy enough to occasionally read my stuff. Good to see you around here.

8. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    *shakes fist at those who get snow days* ;)

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It's 50 degrees out right now and we haven't had snow in soooooooooooo long.

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Good to see you about again, TMJ. :)

11. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Good to see you too, Sara! How have you been?

12. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Where has everyone gone?

13. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I went to Penticton, but I'm back now... :)

14. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    How was your trip?

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Bumping this back up...

16. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    Name: Shadowen.
    When did you join Fan Fiction and why?: I think my first fanfic on this board was a chapter or two on The Sands of Time, a round robin set 500 years after Return of the Jedi that started in '99. I liked the concept and thought I could add a bit to the characters. But I've been writing fanfic since, oh, 2nd grade or so. (It was ninja turtles back then.) Also, I'm completely insane.
    Favorite characters to write: Anakin Skywalker, pilot characters in their prime, original characters.
    Favorite classic JC story: One of the better re-imaginings of a key point in the EU, JediLiz's Lightswords of Fury.
    Favorite old writer (as in no longer active on the boards): Don't know that many.
    First story, post date, and your thoughts on it now?: The aptly titled "What if Anakin Skywalker hadn't been turned", some time back in '99 (or maybe 2000...). Considering how horribly non-canon my predictions and even premise became in light of Attack of the Clones, let alone Revenge of the Sith, I think it was pretty good, if simplistic.
    Reason for sticking around?: I don't so much stick around as fade in and out. It's a cycle.

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My mommy's writing her thesis and driving me nuts, since I'm her research assistant. In addition, I'm going through a major audition for a new 'orchestra' being formed. I made the cut from 400 to 220, then 220 to 90. Today, I had to be perky and brilliant and confident so when they cut the list to 28, I'll be on it, and even worse, I have to have an interview, no music involved, just face-to-face "what the heck makes you think you're supposed to be in this mess with us?" on Monday.

18. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    The first time I've logged in over here and months, and this is the first thread that catches my attention - must be karma... :cool:

Name: Jedi-Jae.
    When did you join Fan Fiction and why?: Back in late 2000, I think, I was following a story by ami-padme and Darth Pipes over at FFN. It was called "What if the Empire Went Back in Time to Episode 1?" There was a link there at FFN to the sequel, which brought me here.
    Favorite characters to write: Anakin Skywalker, Han Solo, Padme Naberrie, Sabe.
    Favorite classic JC story: There are so many.... By The Grace of the Lady Vader, princess-sari's Handmaiden Diaries, Amidolee's Sabe trilogy, The Penitent, Full Circle, just to name a few.
    Favorite old writer (as in no longer active on the boards): Amidolee, Anakin's Angel, Senator Lorena, princess-sari, Clarus, JediGaladriel
    First story, post date, and your thoughts on it now?: An Episode II speculation called SW Episode II (Insert Pretentious Title Here) - so named because I suck at thinking up titles :p . I started posting it in...March 2001, I think. It remains my only substantial fanfic. I think the story was sound, I predicted a few things correctly, but from a writing craft standpoint, it could use some improvement.
    Reason for sticking around?: Like someone said previously, I don't so much stick around as fade in and out. There are still good stories to be found here, if you're willing to dig for them.

*waves to Ish* How are you, my former Master? ;)

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It's really kind of comforting and sad in a way to see all these older dates and names. Nostalgia really kicks in.

I've got my fingers crossed for good luck for you Ish!

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It really does, Leona.

Blah... finals all this week... *kicks stack of books*

21. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Name: Rachael

When did you join Fan Fiction and why?: About June of 1998 or 1999. June 12th to be exact (although I lost my first name in the crash)

Favorite characters to write: Obi-wan but I love all my OC's

Favorite classic JC story: USJS (more on that later), Two Jedi Walked into a Bar.

Favorite old writer (as in no longer active on the boards): Lwyn'ata, Hiroko, TSL, Amidolee.

First story, post date, and your thoughts on it now: First story was "Between Fire and Ice" and I'm glad no--one can find it.

Reason for sticking around?: Community, community, community.

About UsJs I was thinking of starting a new one (and yes, I've been talking about this for a good year now). One with no connection to the old one, just to see how it would go. I'm just a little to nervous though.

Kit

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kit!!!! [:D]

God, there's 4 Rachel/Rachaels now! [face_laugh]

I never got to be apart of USJS. I would certainly be willing to pitch in if you do, Kit! :D

23. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Hmmmmm... that could be interesting. Done the same way? Or would you make any changes?

24. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Same premise (normal students entering the temple and being placed under the guidance of masters) but that's it.

Different characters and it's own room to grow and develop in different directions.

Does that make sense?

Kit

25. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    That does make sense. I was just thinking of some of the problems with advancing the plot too quickly that had come up. Not that the level of chaos wasn't part of the charm. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.