main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*The Oldbies Writing Guild*~ *2001 and Before*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Miana Kenobi, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    [:D] Sup dude! I haven't talked to you in a whole... 2 minutes. :p

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hi, Renata! *big hug* What a coincidence -- I was just thinking of you the other day, too! Yes, a lot of fond memories, and a tiny bit of guilt, too, that I never followed up on that second story we were thinking about writing. Are you working on something else now?

Temple ... oh, yeah, right, I see it now. I was looking too far north, I think. I think you're absolutely right that the Templar Knights were an inspiration for the Jedi.

3. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Hi Jane. :) It's great to see that you're still around. We miss you at the Archive. Hope you're feeling better and do keep us updated on your book.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hope you're feeling better here too Jane, I can't help but think of the boards and you as almost synonymous.

The RR sounds intriguing, though I can't commit myself to it at this time.

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    So I take it we can trash the challenge idea? ;)

6. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Looks like it wasn't that popular. ;)

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, indeed. ;)

8. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Name: Peta
    When did you join Fan Fiction and why?: I started reading about 98/99 in another fandom and never really considered star wars fanfiction. My brother put me onto the site to look for new movie info and I saw the link to Fanfiction.
    Favorite characters to write: Yoda and Mace (and my own!)
    Favorite classic JC story: A Night to Almost Remember
    Favorite old writer (as in no longer active on the boards): Jane Jinn!
    First story, post date, and your thoughts on it now: The Pain of Love, my thoughts: *shudder* avert your eyes!
    Reason for sticking around?: My favourite OCs (mine and other peoples') are still going and I can't keep away!

Good to see you, Jane!

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    IMZADI!! *tackle hugs* [:D]

How are you?

10. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Does anyone remember the humorous versions? :)

11. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Absolutely! I saw that study has begun reviving them. :)

12. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Really? Where! :)

13. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
  14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Good times... good times. :D

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I figured this needed an up. :)

And a new topic:

For those of us who, long before AOTC or ROTS, wrote stories in that time era, how were your stories different than the movie (or how close were they, even?)

16. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I don't I ever wrote anything for the PT era... :p Although I did write a now-AU involving Qui-Gon and his master. It wasn't very good though.

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I wrote two stories that were meant to be exactly AotC and RotS era. The AotC one was WAY off. Actually, it wasn't that far, now I come to think of it... I had the clone army, but it was clones of Mandalorians, headed by Boba Fett... Hey, I was close! :eek:

As to the RotS one... we'll see in 10 days! :D

18. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    My version of Attack of the Clones had Palpatine using DNA from the current living Jedi to create a double of each one, and using them to destroy the reputation of the Jedi Galaxy-wide; the final betrayal being when he sent the last few to the Temple to kill their originals and slaughter the rest of the Temple. Doppelgangers in the worst possible way. I still think it would make a good AU.

*Derisa*

19. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Hey everybody! *waves to everyone that has come in since her last post*

I never really wrote anything during AOTC, but I do remember a lot of people were stunned after Dooku stated Qui-Gon was his padawan instead of being Yoda's. But Dooku being Yoda's padawan gave us that nice loophole to work with. ;)

Humorous versions?! I'm going to have to check that out. I remember TPM humorous version where Obi was getting Yoda to talk backwards and the little troll ended up talking normal. :D

20. FaranDune

FaranDune Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey guys! oh wow... this is the best post in the world. mainly because I've been looking for a lot of you guys (especially musical jedi) for a long time!

Let's see, I started lurking in tfn ff in about '98 and really got hooked in '99 reading obi-qui fic... I think the one that really hooked me was Recreating a Jedi by Lwyn'nya Kenobi.... I was so honored when she took me as a padawan!! Do you guys remember that whole master/padawan thing? Wow. I've lost contact with a lot of everything since I started college.

My first post was The Twin of Evil in about 2000.... I was originally Kirla'an Kenobi, but I lost that when TFN went down with that virus or whatever that was on snowboard... I cried. seriously. I changed my name to Padawan Kenobi but lost the password to that name so now I'm Faran Dune.

I never did finish my story. My only copy got infected with something from TFN at the time of the collapse cuz I was getting something from the site at the time and I lost a lot of data... and a lot of other word files that got deleted or screwed. I've redone most, but I just haven't had time to finish it. I also helped Kenobi Maul with a story, but never did much. It was called The Return of Exar Kun.

My favorite stories are too numerous to list all.
    The truly outstanding ones that I can actually remember the titles of (mostly I just say "you know! That one! The one with obi and qui and, and, well the cool fight scene, you know?" :])are:
    Recreating a Jedi by Lwyn'nya Kenobi
    The Dark Side of Truth By Lwyn'nya Kenobi
    Face of the Enemy by Lwyn'nya Kenobi
    Requiem for a Padawan by Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Elementary My Dear Obi-Wan By Frostfyre
    and lots of others

My favorite authors are:
    Jane Jinn
    Lwyn'nya Kenobi
    Musical Jedi
    Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Frostfyre
    Swedish Jedi
    Healer Leona
    Jedi Knight Obi-Wan
    and much more I can't remember right now. :]

If someone can tell me where Lwyn'nya's stories are now, I would be eternally grateful!!!! I can't find DSoT or RaJ anywhere

I do like the codes for bold and italics now! They are back to what I was so used to posting with originally!

Oh yeah, and I became a Labby fan (hint: see icon) during my hiatus from this forum. You guys should sooo check out fanfiction.net and Labyrinth. if you like the stories or authors I like, Something's Gotta Give by AKA Jay is soooooo good.

Anyways, this is my first official post since, well, forever. I missed this. :]

21. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I have the link to "Two Jedi walked into a bar" but if you go back through Lwyn's posts you'll probably find them (as horribly boring as that is).

I started reposting the stuff HaiGan and I used to write, thinking it was about two years old...imagine what sort of shock I got when I realised that it was originally done in 2001/2002 and that makes it between three and four years!

Eeeks!

Kithera

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
  23. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Name: Kim
    When did you join Fan Fiction and why?: I joined in April 2000 as an escape from writing my dissertation. I started doing more than reading when writers block hit.
    Favorite characters to write: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and my own
    Favorite classic JC story: USJS, Jemmy's Diary (any chance of getting that updated Jemmiah?), Braid Boy Does the Full Jedi
    Favorite old writer (as in no longer active on the boards): I'm so inactive as to not know who's still around. I've always been partial to Jane Jinn, Jedi_Daphne, JediKnight-Obi-Wan and Rani Veko(is Rani still writing fanfic?)
    First story, post date, and your thoughts on it now:My writing on the board has all been in and around the USJS. My posts there were ok...they got better as I got to know T'lor better. Maybe some day the stuff on the hard drive will make it here.
    Reason for sticking around?: I love to read even if I don't have time to post.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello to you both! :)

Does anyone else remember that story "A Princess and an Assasin walk into a Bar?" Good times...

25. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, I do.

Hey, I've got a weird request. Very weird.

I need a mommy or a daddy...sorta. Having been a Master to several, I've found myself lately feeling the need to have that kind of guidance and branch out, get some guidance and inspiration and I think, therefore, I would really like to be someone's "Padawan." You'd be an automatic grandmother or grandfather, since I'm training two people right now, but would anyone like to adopt me? I'm the doggy in the window with the waggly tail and I don't cost much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.